2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

9 hours ago, Chopper said:

Nate Silver says if you watched with the sound off, Trump's performance was better. And he was serious.

image.png.272fe9be2c54b39091c74c4eb2a4a162.png

"11.  Plus, when you watch the debate with the sound off, you will undoubtedly note that she is brown.  It also helps if you play some ebonics videos from YouTube in the background to reinforce that she is, in fact, brown / black.  By that measure, Trump's performance in the debate should resonate with the rural white male voters."

/Nate Silver  

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

God it can't get to Texas soon enough.  I cannot WAIT to vote against that motherfucker AGAIN.  This needs to be it.  This has to be the last gasp.  He needs to be gone forever.

8 more weeks of him in the spotlight and us having to worry about him, followed by 12 weeks of him trying to overturn the election (assuming he loses).  So we have at minimum another 20 weeks of having that piece of shit at the center of American politics.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

20 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Possibly interesting data point from the WP:

After Taylor Swift endorsed Harris, encouraging her fans to register to vote, Google recorded a surge in people wanting to register to vote. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/09/11/taylor-swift-endorses-searches-voter-registration-jump/

image.thumb.png.50e572f05eb55c4ec9916b085cba1802.png

Some Assistant Attorney General in Paxton’s office just got tasked with how to get a search warrant for Taylor Swift’s home.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Imagine being one of her kids and seeing that face when you get home from school or try to tell a lie when busted for staying out later than allowed.

Doug’s kids were much older when she married him. Like 15 and 20. I’m sure Ella has seen it lol

This whole thing with Haitians eating cats -- they're trying to make it their own couch fucking moment on the internet, but they can't make it work because they're

...wait for it...

Spoiler

weird.

What makes the Vance couch fucking thing work (even though it's played out now) is the absolute absurdity of it it. A) There are no victims except for the butt of the joke, Vance; B) It's objectively funny picturing a recently post-pubescent, sweaty teenage Vance desperately trying to get his nut with a couch; and C) No one of any stature in the party actually tried to convince anyone it was a true story -- just a wink and a nod to the joke.

These fucking psychos run with some shit where A) There would be real victims like Mr. Whiskers, Fluffy, and Sir Meowsalot; B) The purported perpetrators are an underprivileged minority group, allowing Trump/Vance to punch down on an out-group; C) The "joke" gives license to the Cult to go out and hunt down immigrants as if they were a threat; and D) That interview with Vance and Trump's comments in the debate aren't sly little references to the joke. They're talking about it as if it were really happening as if they actually believed the bullshit story which, either way, reveals how disturbingly weird these fuckers are.

• Hook 'Em 9

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Doug’s kids were much older when she married him. Like 15 and 20. I’m sure Ella has seen it lol

Still applies. My dad scared the shit out of me when I would come back from UT to visit. That look does not go away when you get older. Hell, your boss.

I want Kamala on my side dammit.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

The purported perpetrators are an underprivileged minority group, allowing Trump/Vance to punch down on an out-group;

Conservative “humor” in a nutshell 

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

This whole thing with Haitians eating cats -- they're trying to make it their own couch fucking moment on the internet, but they can't make it work because they're

...wait for it...

Hide contents

weird.

What makes the Vance couch fucking thing work (even though it's played out now) is the absolute absurdity of it it. A) There are no victims except for the butt of the joke, Vance; B) It's objectively funny picturing a recently post-pubescent, sweaty teenage Vance desperately trying to get his nut with a couch; and C) No one of any stature in the party actually tried to convince anyone it was a true story -- just a wink and a nod to the joke.

These fucking psychos run with some shit where A) There would be real victims like Mr. Whiskers, Fluffy, and Sir Meowsalot; B) The purported perpetrators are an underprivileged minority group, allowing Trump/Vance to punch down on an out-group; C) The "joke" gives license to the Cult to go out and hunt down immigrants as if they were a threat; and D) That interview with Vance and Trump's comments in the debate aren't sly little references to the joke. They're talking about it as if it were really happening as if they actually believed the bullshit story which, either way, reveals how disturbingly weird these fuckers are.

I would love to see fat ass MAGA trying to "hunt down" Haitians. They are the hardest people I have ever worked with or known. Ran circles around Europe's best armies.

All Trump had to do about Haiti is 1- remind them about Clinton (very real in Haitian minds) and 2- Promise to send in 250 US troops (who are probably already on stand by for Haiti).

Nah, gonna call them cat eaters. Next will be against Peruvians and Ecuadorans for eating guinea pigs.

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Js1 said:

Conservative “humor” in a nutshell 

Absolutely. I used to enjoy the lol pic thread but it seemingly has become a refuge for our conservative crowd and half the content now is just reposts making fun of minorities in some capacity.

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

...wait for it...

Reveal hidden contents

weird.

In that Collins interview, Vance, while defending himself, said something like "I don't know if any of these rumors are true". It's like the entire republican party adopted Trump's "I'm going to say anything I want and it doesn't matter, and I will even say out loud that what I am saying is bullshit and it doesn't matter."

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, bolverk said:

...wait for it...

Hide contents

weird.

A professor amplified/added some crucial context

image.thumb.png.4f9ba4e0eac60d109a4144caedbf8045.png

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Screenshot2024-09-11at9_36_45AM.thumb.png.b544f1ea2e78b050404abfa147f0f6e1.png

This is the end,

Beautiful friend,

This is the end,

My only friend, the end

Lost in a(n) Roman alt-right wilderness of pain,

And all the children MAGA are insane,

All the children MAGA are insane,

Waiting for the summer covfefe rain, yeah

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Megyn Kelly melting down over Taylor Swift endorsing Kamala/Walz is the drug I didn't know I needed this morning. 

I like how Kelly went through a period where she tried to be mainstream/normal, and then went "Eh no one's buying it. Full maga now I guess." 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Red Five said:

I like how Kelly went through a period where she tried to be mainstream/normal, and then went "Eh no one's buying it. Full maga now I guess." 

Megyn Kelly whining about ABC moderators fact checking Trump when SHE WAS THE FIRST TO BE ATTACKED BY TRUMP FOR DOING THAT is peak idiocy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

She had a whiny rant where she said "fuck you Taylor". This is apparently because she thinks Walz is going to force kids to be taken from their parents if those kids want gender reassignment surgery and the parents don't want it. Just completely stupid shit. She said Taylor can kiss her Republican support and money goodbye. Yeah, I'm sure the billionaire that sells out stadiums is going to be just fine. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Screenshot2024-09-11at9_36_45AM.thumb.png.b544f1ea2e78b050404abfa147f0f6e1.png

This is the end,

Beautiful friend,

This is the end,

My only friend, the end

Lost in a(n) Roman alt-right wilderness of pain,

And all the children MAGA are insane,

All the children MAGA are insane,

Waiting for the summer covfefe rain, yeah

It's such a beautiful picture.

GXKSTAQWgAEFJ5P?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

This is apparently because she thinks Walz is going to force kids to be taken from their parents if those kids want gender reassignment surgery and the parents don't want it.

Well Trump did say (not in the debate) that kids are going to school and coming home with different genders.

I must have missed where public schools are chopping off dicks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

She had a whiny rant where she said "fuck you Taylor". This is apparently because she thinks Walz is going to force kids to be taken from their parents if those kids want gender reassignment surgery and the parents don't want it. Just completely stupid shit. She said Taylor can kiss her Republican support and money goodbye. Yeah, I'm sure the billionaire that sells out stadiums is going to be just fine. 

What is the Swifty demographic? Not fat white dudes in the SE right? Nah, I think she is safe.

OH NOES, they might boycott the NFL again.

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Well Trump did say (not in the debate) that kids are going to school and coming home with different genders.

I must have missed where public schools are chopping off dicks. 

I get a text message and alert (when my amber alert stuff resets on my phone before I disable it) when a kid is missing in a city 600 miles away from me.

I feel fairly confident that any sex change operations being done in schools would elicit a slight response in the media.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

She said Taylor can kiss her Republican support and money goodbye. Yeah, I'm sure the billionaire that sells out stadiums is going to be just fine. 

Her 2020 endorsement of Biden/Harris sure cost her.  Oh, wait.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Good find.  He totally overtalked everyone and they never cut him off.  Then again, her strategy was to just let him talk.  He fought for the mikes to be muted and after a few minutes, they weren't.  She realized the more he talks, the better.

The orange dipshit wanted the mics to be open the entire time. His team OTOH fought for them to be muted.

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

She's putting up BTS numbers.

If you all want to see Tim find out in real time, here you go

Pretty sure the Harris/Walz team knew that was coming but, hey, it was definitely a fun moment for the rest of us.

10 hours ago, Chopper said:

Even Goebbels and the pedo know

image.thumb.png.a3e04955f2cfe2089d052578572150f9.png

Had no idea the weird, skinny kid from Road Trip had slid into the MAGA Sarlacc pit.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

What is the Swifty demographic? Not fat white dudes in the SE right? Nah, I think she is safe.

OH NOES, they might boycott the NFL again.

Well there's the Brittany Mahomes types. She does have country fans still. But those people already knew she endorsed Biden/Harris in 2020. She spoke out against Marsha Rashburn. This is not some new thing. They're just mad that she didn't endorse their God King or that she didn't just stay silent. She was never going to stay silent, not after Trump pulled his stupid AI move using her likeness. She's made it very clear in interviews, award acceptance speeches, and her music that a man claiming her fame in order to further himself is one of the things that make her the most angry. He was asking for her to endorse Kamala to claim her name back. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 5

*Blackburn

And yeah, I thought she would stay silent after the terrorist plots against her concerts in Europe. I mean, if not stay silent, she'd do it at the last possible moment.  For some reason, my brain forgot she did her 2020 endorsement the night of the Harris-Pence VP Debate.

I think she's clearly a huge Harris fan, judging by the timing of her 2 endorsements (she didn't endorse Biden-Harris during his debates), and waited until last night to drop the endorsement, likely with the knowledge of Harris' team, since Kamala walked over to a little post-watch party rally and exited the stage to one of Taylor's songs. 

I am sorry for doubting you, Taylor.  

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 5