2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

23 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well none of us are nevada trust and  estate lawyers and NV law governs that. 

Nevada also apparently had a liberal estate code but I don't know what that means for altering what in all likelihood is an irrevocable trust. 

This.  I haven't a clue, and the linked article didn't shed a lot of light on his arguments for changing the terms of a presumably irrevocable trust.  

That said, I'd place the odds somewhere in between the likelihood of two pair and that of successfully navigating an asteroid field.

Edited by dcbc

40 minutes ago, texastough said:

@SydneyCarton Murdoch agreed in his divorce to give the then-living children equal control of Fox. Now he's trying to give it to just one of the kids. I highly doubt any judge will go with him on that. There are only very limited exceptions allowing one party to unilaterally change an agreement/contract and I don't see anything here that comes close. Not a divorce lawyer but that is what my spidey sense tells me. Then again, Murdoch is the kind of guy that might be able to buy his preferred outcome.

It's just like Succession.  Ex wife is going to sign the docs and fuck over the kids in exchange for a villa in the south of France.

4 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Hmm.  If I were black I would just want to be better than Marvin Gaye.

Imagine Harris talking about some crazy white dude running for governor somewhere. And she, seriously, says "I think he's better than George Washington".

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

If Robinson says he’s staying in the race I bet he’s out by noon tomorrow. 

"Coach so-and-so has the full support of me and the entire Board of Regents, and we look forward to him leading our Fighting Chupacabras to many national championships in the years to come."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Nevada also apparently had a liberal estate code but I don't know what that means for altering what in all likelihood is an irrevocable trust. 

As I understand it, Rupert has two arguments. All trustees will benefit because Lachlan will preserve the right wing tilt and Fox News will only do well if it's operating as a wing of the far right. Also, the lack of agreement between the trustees will lead to rudderless leadership which itself will degrade the asset. It doesn't seem possible that these arguments could fly but who knows, it's some NV probate judge making the decision. 

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

If Robinson says he’s staying in the race I bet he’s out by noon tomorrow. 

i bet that’s exactly what he does: wait until after midnight so the statutory deadline passes and then burns the entire thing down by stepping aside in an act of retribution.  

delicious it would be…

CNN brought the receipts that it's him posting on all of those sites. Unless he had someone intentionally impersonating him for 20+ years on these sites, well before he was publicly known, it's him.

Like others have said, I worry there is a chance that someone sane will replace him on the ballot, which may help Trump and get the GOP in the governor's seat. Too bad CNN didn't wait a couple of more weeks. Perhaps there was someone else about the break the story as well.

I'm sure the NCGOP is currently filing a suit in Judge Reed O'Connor's federal district right now to update the ballots ASAP. (Just kidding)

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

3 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I forgot Robinson was the dude that was the subject of one of my favorite tweets. 

That reminds me of Waco in the 80s-90s.  As you crest a hill on the northern edge on southbound 35, first thing you saw was

25c ADULT PEEP

On this building that presumably contained same.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

That reminds me of Waco in the 80s-90s.  As you crest a hill on the northern edge on southbound 35, first thing you saw was

25c ADULT PEEP

On this building that presumably contained same.

Austin had and probably still has a few of these places.

1 hour ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Ok but why wouldn't Stein's campaign sit on this until tomorrow just to be sure no dropping out??

i'm sure someone else has said it in this thread but just in case, very doubtful that this was a result of the stein campaign...much more likely the republican party in NC got wind of this and forced it out prior to the deadline to withdraw in an effort to try and get him switched up.

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

i'm sure someone else has said it in this thread but just in case, very doubtful that this was a result of the stein campaign...much more likely the republican party in NC got wind of this and forced it out prior to the deadline to withdraw in an effort to try and get him switched up.

He’s a drag on Trump’s chances to win. Republicans wan him out.

12 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The following 10 cities:

Pittsburgh  
New York City  
Philadelphia 
Baltimore  
Greensboro 
Atlanta 
Detroit 
Milwaukee 
Minneapolis 
Grand Rapids

are the entirety of the JUST announced October tour by Stevie Wonder. He hasn't appeared in Michigan in many years. I think he may have something in mind.  https://www.mlive.com/life/2024/09/stevie-wonder-to-perform-rare-concerts-in-grand-rapids-and-detroit.html

giphy.gif

In similar news, fucking Oprah is out campaigning for Harris now.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/19/kamala-harris-oprah-winfrey-michigan-00180124

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I love how these Republican dopes lose so many winnable elections by nominating awful candidates. Dr Oz, Herschel, Kari Lake, Couchfucker Vance, but Robinson has got to be their worst.

Christine McDonnell or whatever was up there. Blake Masters. The guy in Ohio that said women can will themselves to not get pregnant during a rape. The list is pretty strong

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

That sort of issue in Louisiana is usually resolved by special appointment of an Amicus Curiae Priestess who dissects a pigeon and examines its entrails.  I got nothin’

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I love how these Republican dopes lose so many winnable elections by nominating awful candidates. Dr Oz, Herschel, Kari Lake, Couchfucker Vance, but Robinson has got to be their worst.

There’s a reason why…

IMG_7802.jpeg.010e6287fdc24abacf3d50f0e985671b.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Bojack said:

And they didn’t care about Robinson being the worst because he was Black and they’d rather use him to say “SEE WE’RE NOT RACIST” instead of looking at who the fuck type of person he is

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Bojack said:

Oh, the Democrats have done it, too. Remember 2016? And how many decent candidates have TX Dems put up for senator?

• Rage+1 1

Would love to see Rupert lose this case so he can’t control Fox News from beyond the grave. Not to mention that Fox News could effectively change direction any day now.

SIAP, why Rupert can’t decide today who runs Fox News after his death is because he set up this structure when divorcing his second wife in the 90s. He gave his then 4 children future control including the daughter from an earlier marriage. I’ve read the later two daughters, by Wendi Deng,  get equal financial benefits but no control over Fox News. They’re excluded from the NV lawsuit.

1 minute ago, Slacks said:

Ain't clicking shit. Who is Ashley Madison and why does she have email addresses on her?

Ashley Madison was like craigslist but focused on finding affairs. A few years ago there was a massive data leak and all e-mail addresses tied to accounts were exposed.

According to the Politico article, Mark Robinson had an e-mail address that was on the list of people with Ashley Madison accounts, which strongly suggests he was trying to find someone to have an affair with.

4 minutes ago, Slacks said:

What tha fuck is superimposed?

not sure what you're talking about