2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

49 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I love how these Republican dopes lose so many winnable elections by nominating awful candidates. Dr Oz, Herschel, Kari Lake, Couchfucker Vance, but Robinson has got to be their worst.

It’s because of the cynical view of race held by so many white conservatives.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ4y_PWBoPxhfgl4-XMRC

Still waiting for my camp hat and t-shirt.  I finally gave up on the sign and got one from a local coordinator for the Dems.

I'm noticing a huge variety of "Trump Vance" campaign signs even within the same county. I was in Bexar County during the UM weekend and saw at least four different variations. In 2020 the Trump Pence signs were all uniform, and for the most part the same thing in 2016.

I'm not counting home-made signs and shitty Chinese flags.

The Harris Walz have been pretty uniform. Some with a lighter shade of blue than others, but pretty consistent in terms of design and fonts.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Ashley Madison was like craigslist but focused on finding affairs. A few years ago there was a massive data leak and all e-mail addresses tied to accounts were exposed.

According to the Politico article, Mark Robinson had an e-mail address that was on the list of people with Ashley Madison accounts, which strongly suggests he was trying to find someone to have an affair with.

not sure what you're talking about

Thanks for the feedback about Ashley.

The goat knows what I'm talking about.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

God help us if any of us ran for public office and they dug around we had said on random message boards.

That being said, reading his posts, I'm like WTF?  I've never seen anything like that on here or Hornfans.

Well....certainly not on Hornfans.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

God help us if any of us ran for public office and they dug around we had said on random message boards.

That being said, reading his posts, I'm like WTF?  I've never seen anything like that on here or Hornfans.

That's the only reason I'm not running against Ted Cruz right now

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Fox News did an over sample of black voters in 7 swing states 

Harris 82/12

Remind me why everyone thinks he is winning 20-25% of the black vote?

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, I find it incomprehensible he's getting 12% of the black vote, and yet here we are...

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

I was reading something about how the whole immigration thing isn’t just to stoke white racist outrage but also because it gives black Americans someone to look down on. They’re trying to start a race war against immigrants 

Trump’s angling for the Haitian Votes. 

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In this scenario, the only deal that should be pursued is the following:

• Trump admits he lost in 2020 and 2024. In a press conference standing next to Biden and Harris.
  • Asks his supporters to accept this as fact.
  • Pleads guilty to all of the current federal crimes. Can't this eliminate the possibility of appeals?
  • Biden commutes his sentence on his last day.

Therefore he's a federal felon but he just doesn't have to serve time in federal prison. 

This would be a huge win for Dems. It would throw some in the GOP in disarray that Trump abandoned them.

Yes, while wearing a Never Surrender mug shot t-shirt

8 hours ago, TexArcher said:

My understanding is that they'll use whichever morals their elders tell them to?

I had a Mormon friend who had to ask her elders if she could spend her own money on a new roof for her house.  After some deliberation, they said yes, as long as she also permanently increased her tithe to the church.  It makes perfect sense that these people have a significant say in an election in the United States in 2024.  Everything's cool.

You forgot about the condition of having to hire Elder Bob’s roofing company to do it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I was asked to consider running for a local office a few years ago and my legit first thought was “what if they find my surly handle?”

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

As I understand it, Rupert has two arguments. All trustees will benefit because Lachlan will preserve the right wing tilt and Fox News will only do well if it's operating as a wing of the far right. Also, the lack of agreement between the trustees will lead to rudderless leadership which itself will degrade the asset. It doesn't seem possible that these arguments could fly but who knows, it's some NV probate judge making the decision. 

Is he the settlor and the trustee?