2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

hrm...

I guess one aspect that could reduce the bellweatherness of NE-2 is clearly people in Omaha were pissed about the last minute attempt to disenfranchise them.   I doubt Harris is leading by 11 points without that.  

Interesting that in 2016, the good people of Lincoln elected two people who went on to be convicted of felonies.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

He's an evil prick

2 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

Hmm, I was told Trump only wanted to deport people here illegally. 

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Haita or Venezuela though?

This maybe a shitty thing for me to say, and I have nothing against Haitians, but I'm kind of glad that he and Vance have stayed fixated on the Haitian thing.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's shitty, but from the big picture perspective, it's not winning Trump any new voters, it's pissing off plenty of people including a lot of African-Americans who see it for what it is, and it is Trump and Vance continuing to show the racism that the GOP has hitched its wagon to. Most importantly, it's reduced the amount of time he's spent on other campaign topics/issues that he could have been attacking Harris over.  It comes across as weird as fuck as well, especially when it's pointed out to Trump and Vance that they are here legally and weren't eating pets.

We're 40 days out and Trump shows no signs of slowing down on the racist attacks on Haitians/Haitian-American.  That's not going to help him.

• Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Suffolk had another poll last night for AZ - Trump +6.  And winning Maricopa. 

Everything is all over the place - Trump is not winning Maricopa.  Even the NYT poll didn't find that! 

At this point, it stands to reason that people are just trolling the pollsters

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

If Haley wasn’t such a spineless wimp she would hold a press conference and endorse Harris over this. Same with Romney. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Not if she wants a future. Mitt is retiring, he needs to

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

she has no future in the MAGA-sphere. 

Yeah, she and Romney need to grow a spine and support Harris, because Trump will absolutely sic MAGA on both Nikki and Mitt and blame both of them, along with a lot of other people for his loss in November.  If she and Romney can help peel off even a small amount of Republicans in a few key areas, they could make the defeat for Trump a whole lot worse, to the point where the BMDs wash their hands of Trump (and Boebert and Gaetz and Gym Jordan etc.)  and decide they want to go back to the "normal" Republicans.  

Shit, Nailin' Palin comes across as semi-normal compared to Boebert and Three-Toes.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Sorry if this part of the press conference was already posted, but if it has, it should be reposted anyway.  You can see Zelenskyy debating if he should put Trump in a chokehold or continue biting his tongue at Trump's absurdity.

Why the fuck is Zelensky meeting with that POS

• Rage+1 2

34 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We're 40 days out and Trump shows no signs of slowing down on the racist attacks on Haitians/Haitian-American

If I were on Harris’s strategy team, I’d put out a scare tactic ad highlighting one random murder by a white dude in the Midwest, complete with the typical suspenseful music and melodramatic voice-over. It would say something like:

”In 2007, Ashleigh Prettywhitegirl was ruthlessly murdered by Joe Sixpack, a white man from Springfield who was born and raised in the United States. 

“But Kamala Harris thinks white, natural-born citizens should continue to live freely in the a United States. She says we shouldn’t deport all white people. She says we shouldn’t blame an entire race of people for the crimes of one man.

”And she’s right. 

”I’m Kamala Harris and I approve this message.”

• Like 1