2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

17 minutes ago, wood said:

So I’m registered in Bexar county as an Overseas/Military voter. I received my ballot on Friday. On it, RFK is still listed as a candidate !!!! I went to the website and noticed he was not listed. Do you think they made up the Overseas mail out ballots early,before he bailed out, or it was just dumb Texas oversight?

Paxton laying the groundwork to throw out all Bexar County votes due to bad ballots?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

I would never put up a Harris yard sign. Too many crazy MAGA nuts in my neighborhood.

Have seen 11 Trump and 4 Harris signs in my neighborhood in a town of 5000 people near Frisco.

Pretty much every Trumper I talk to just says something about high grocery and gas prices. Thats their marching orders. That and illegals.

It is wrong that I want to walk around Fredericksburg in a Harris Walz shirt with a revolver in a shoulder holster?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Trump is super leaning into the taxpayer paid Transgender surgeries for illegals and prisoners thing.

Just saw their campaign ad during the Texans game.

I mean, is this just for his vanity / not to look like an idiot during the debate or do they feel it’s a winning issue? 

13 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

I would never put up a Harris yard sign. Too many crazy MAGA nuts in my neighborhood.

Have seen 11 Trump and 4 Harris signs in my neighborhood in a town of 5000 people near Frisco.

Pretty much every Trumper I talk to just says something about high grocery and gas prices. Thats their marching orders. That and illegals.

In castle hills (San Antonio enclave city), there’s a home along Lockhill-Selma that erected 3-5 wooden supports (fresh treated 2x4’s) specifically so that they could fly trump Vance flags as banners. One says ‘no more bullshit’ or something. 
What an embarrassment 

7 hours ago, DaysOff said:

It was canceled because there was a temporary flight restriction due to numbnuts being there.

I wonder if that's what indirectly resulted in our flyover being cancelled.

On 9/27/2024 at 3:03 PM, Macanudo said:

20,000 annual murders that they report, libtard.   The FBI cooks the books and doesn't report any crime from any city with a population over 50,000 people. All of those 20,000 murders happened in small towns.    

I'm no immigrant, but I can't hit those numbers.

Edited by MissingInAction

4 hours ago, quigley said:

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

I know someone who worked on the apprentice for a season. He enjoyed farting LOUDLY when women were around because it embarrassed them. She has plenty of stories about him and is very interested in the movie about him that *should be* released this fall prior to the election.

I was looking for a movie to go to last night. Couldn't find anything appealing, so I kept scrolling until I got to a 'documentary' called "Vindicating Trump" lol. I was curious how many people would actually pay money to go see something like that and diudn't have anything else to do at that moment, so I looked at all the available showtimes in Central Texas from Round Rock to New Braunfels. There were 13 shows, with a total of 107 seats sold. So an avg of about 8 people per show. So we got that going for us, I guess.

16 minutes ago, South Austin said:

We’re not autocratic, YOU’RE autocratic!

The only way to save democracy is to elect the guy who tried really really REALLY hard to end it last time around. The guy who is running to stay out of prison. That guy.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

is that real? this might be the first time he actually prayed. and amazingly he didn't insert something about himself or Comrade Kamala in there. which makes me think it's not real, or at best, he didn't write it

Very catholic language in that, to my eye. 

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Michael looks like a power bottom 

TIL that trans people can also become saints.

Saint Michael, or more appropriately Saint Michelle, was clearly born a man with a Polish potato farmer physique, but went on to get facial reconstruction surgery to make it for fem and also grew out his/her golden locks.

Good for you Catholic Church for recognizing people’s accomplishments without letting their birth gender get in the way. 

1 minute ago, safe sex said:

Does it?

Seriously. He may not like it, but even if everything he said in the explanation is true, it's still not a 'threat to democracy'. It's just demographic change.

45 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

Here’s the full text of that Leon tweet:

IMG_4156.jpeg

IMG_4157.jpeg

So in order to save democracy, we have to elect the guy who tried to end it, because if we keep electing democrats, we'll keep creating more new democrats? Which will end democracy.

He is the stupidest smart person ever.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

You sure about that? 

Yes. I'm sure. I said a shred of intellect or artistry. I don't know about the intellect but I'll stand by my statement since he did at one time display some artistry and write some damn fine songs.  

I must've missed where migrants are being fast tracked to citizenship because that typically takes close to a year, has multiple steps and requirements, and takes money to get someone through the process. You typically have to have lived in the US as a permanent resident for 5 years or be married to a citizen for 3. It is not so simple as just dropping someone into a swing state and boom they're a citizen. They have to apply, they have to be fingerprinted, they have to be interviewed, they have to take a citizenship test, and they have to be present at an oath ceremony. The government does nothing quickly. In my line of work, I help people get a government certification that can take 4 to 6 weeks for anyone born outside of the US because their documents have to undergo a screening process before their application even gets looked at. 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/brochures/M-1051.pdf

Non-citizens cannot vote. There is no mechanism outside of fraud that allows them to vote.  If the Federal Government was fast tracking migrants to become citizens, it would be blasted everywhere. This is just the typical Musk replacement theory hysteria. 

Edited by mdmost