2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm in the middle of the GenX age range and it wouldn't surprise me that GenXers are on the Trump side. Many are scared of the future and retirement is rapidly approaching. When you have uncertainties of your economic future, it's easy to fall prey to lies that today and the future will be financially worse under Harris.

Social media has proven that people are more likely to engage with negative than positive. Saying, "Harris will destroy America" hits emotions more than "Trump will improve the economy." Many Gen X women love their Facebook. 

How? Trump was horrific for the economy. His policies drove our economy into the ditch and then he destroyed the world economy with his covid policies. He is a chaos agent and is terrible for anyone worried about the future. 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

How? Trump was horrific for the economy. His policies drove our economy into the ditch and then he destroyed the world economy with his covid policies. He is a chaos agent and is terrible for anyone worried about the future. 

But you see, Commie-la is going to raise taxes on anyone making over $400k. I mean, my spouse and I barely break $100k but it could one day affect us!

- those morons 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Js1 said:

But you see, Commie-la is going to raise taxes on anyone making over $400k. I mean, my spouse and I barely break $100k but it could one day affect us!

- those morons 

first step on their way to being a billionaire and Kamala is standing in their way!

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump’s 2017 tax legislation was horrible for working class folks.  (Eliminated the home office tax credit and unreimbursed business expenses)  It was a heist by the rich (again) that the press predictably failed to articulate.

is that not still the current code?

17 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

So, did you ever make it back to Haiti?

Jamacia...  back in the day.  But it occasionally circulates in the US.  Fun fact, the second time around it's MUCH more dangerous.  So fuck mosquitos and fuck the Bone-break Fever

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump’s 2017 tax legislation was horrible for working class folks.  (Eliminated the home office tax credit and unreimbursed business expenses)  It was a heist by the rich (again) that the press predictably failed to articulate.

Don't forget the middle class tax "cuts" that expire next year, while the corporate ones do not expire ever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, G650 said:

The last time I had it i was 6 years old. It was the sickest I've ever been in my life.... till I got Covid this year. Nothing else I've ever had comes close to those two events.

I've got Covid now for the second time.  Not as bad as the first, but fuck me this thing sucks.  Took 3 days for the brain fog to lift.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

We just had Phil Cox talk to us at our conference - he runs Elon's America PAC. First off, he was a great speaker with great insights and for a guy that is clearly team Trump, he kept it about as neutral as you can imagine. It was refreshing.

Some interesting tidbits based on their internal polling - they feel strong about GA and AZ for Trump. Like outside margin of error. He also said PA and WI are outside the margin of error for Harris. MI and NC are the dead heats in their view. 

From COVID, PA has seen net migration from NY, bolstering their registered Dems. FL has shifted from +300k D to +1M R and a lot of that came from PA, WI - hence why they think they are both safe D states. AZ has seen CA Rs migrate. MI is a Muslim problem for the Democrats - they are pissed at the D party and they have no home with the Rs so they may stay home.

Senate goes R pretty clearly in their view. 

Apologies for the disorganized recap but it was a very interesting talk.

What kind of conference invites the head of Elon's PAC to speak?  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Can you elaborate on this? For starters I believe most millenials are Boomer kids, not Gen X kids (their second families). But I'm curious what you mean. 

I mean something seems to happen to people's brains after they lose an argument to someone they consider themselves above. The messenger is more important than the message. They are above you so they have to be right. It causes them to dig deeper and lean even harder into the cognitive dissonance 

1 minute ago, cmontexas said:

I mean something seems to happen to people's brains after they lose an argument to someone they consider themselves above. The messenger is more important than the message. They are above you so they have to be right. It causes them to dig deeper and lean even harder into the cognitive dissonance 

And you think this is somehow specifically a Gen X thing...why?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

And you think this is somehow specifically a Gen X thing...why?

Not specifically. But theyre at the age currently where a lot of them have adult children figuring out life for themselves and pushing back on the bs their parents believe.

In 10 years my millenial cohorts will be going through the same thing with their ipad kids

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

So, did you ever make it back to Haiti?

1 hour ago, locodos said:

Jamacia...  back in the day.  But it occasionally circulates in the US.  Fun fact, the second time around it's MUCH more dangerous.  So fuck mosquitos and fuck the Bone-break Fever

95alw9.jpg

Edited by wood
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I believe Trump would put JD on the sidelines if Walz made this comment.

We don’t want JD on the sidelines 

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

I am hopeful that traditional polling methods are undercounting or underestimating a groundswell of anti-Trump sentiment

I’m not going to say this is likely, but I think it’s more likely than the converse.

2 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Sometimes I gets the menstrual cramps real hard. 

You ate sand?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1