2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, my cousin has two, one for taking a bullet in the Middle East and one after a training jump went sideways (actually upside down) and he had to cut himself free from a parachute line which had wrapped around his ankle.  He almost lost that foot.  But neither seems as horrific as a nicked ear, possibly by a bullet. /s

How does one get a Purple Heart for a training jump?

The service member must have suffered a wound or injury as a result of enemy action, a hostile act, an international terrorist attack, or friendly fire. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Macanudo said:

The service member must have suffered a wound or injury as a result of enemy action, a hostile act, an international terrorist attack, or friendly fire. 

I have no idea, ask him.

20 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

The USAFA was overrun by evangelicals many, many years ago. It was widely reported.

The man I most respected in my life, (five DFCs, and he turned down his Purple Heart because he viewed his injury as a mere nuisance compared to those of his brethren,) graduated from the Naval Academy but served in the Air Force, because, as he told Eisenhower, “the runways are so much longer.”

Yep, and they aren't pitching and rolling all over the place.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

There's nothing in the world like a USAF O5 (Ret.) 

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Son of a USAF 06 (Ret.) ex F-4 aviator here.

Luckily, he's harmless. He fits the Shane Gillis definition of a Fox News dad. Too late to deprive him of that. 

His wife, on the other hand, may have planted the pipe bombs on Jan 6.

17 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I also lived across the street from the firehouse on 30th street for 6 years and they were always super nice and helpful.  

I lived at Benchmark Apartments for a couple of years.  Great location except for when they tested the sirens early each morning.

2 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

By those standards my wife deserves a purple heart for nasal wounds suffered in the great dutch oven offensive of 2021.

• Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

By those standards my wife deserves a purple heart for nasal wounds suffered in the great dutch oven offensive of 2021.

Anyone of us who lived through the last few years of Mack Brown's tenure as well.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Pssst….they’re not “putting up with” the shittiness….they actually like it. The “lower taxes” bit is just cover for how shitty they really are.

That’s the thing that’s so hard for all of us to come to grips with: that 47% of our fellow countrymen, including friends and dear family members, are irredeemably awful human beings. We used to look at Nazi Germany and ask how could that happen, and now we know “oh….it happened because of people like my brother/father/mother/friend.”

Yesterday I ran into a black woman who is one of those "Harris wasn't black until it was convenient to be". I knew they existed but I ha never seen one in the wild before. Anyway, she knew of Harris' background and still felt that way. I was dumbfounded. So you are going to vote for a known racist, who wants to be a dictator, because you feel like a person didn't own their blackness well enough from age 30-60? You simply cannot talk to these people. The most illogical people on the planet. Especially Black Trumpers. How many people do you need to see get mauled by wild animals before you back away from the cage?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

My dad had the Purple Heart.   Earned behind the lines on d-day.  Both he and my mom were fervent FDR democrats.  My dad could not believe anyone would vote republican - as they were the enemies of FDR.

4 siblings in our 60’s and up, all proud libs from day one.  Don’t know how that happened.  Luck.

Now, some in the next generation surprise me.  In laws, and what not.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

My dad had the Purple Heart.   Earned behind the lines on d-day.  Both he and my mom were fervent FDR democrats.  My dad could not believe anyone would vote republican - as they were the enemies of FDR.

4 siblings in our 60’s and up, all proud libs from day one.  Don’t know how that happened.  Luck.

Now, some in the next generation surprise me.  In laws, and what not.

I disassociated myself from most of my Florida & Tennessee white trash family decades ago. I have little doubt the vast majority that are still kicking are fervent Trumpers. Fuck those motherfuckers.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ok question about the Purple Heart thing. Context first though - my stepdad was the national commander for the Purple Heart organization for a few years before he passed away. Retired Army Colonel. So while I didn’t serve and certainly don’t have one, I’m somewhat familiar.

Looks like in that video the orange cunt accepted a vets giving over his Purple Heart under the idea that Trump getting shot at while making a speech qualified him. While there are clearly at least a billion things severely wrong with that scenario, I’m not quite following the narrative of Trump “awarding himself” a Purple Heart.

Clearly this is just another example of completely abhorrent and despicable behavior on this jackasses part. But it seems like the “awarded himself” narrative is a little off. What am I missing?

Today on Facebook I learned from my former real estate agent neighbor in Houston that the reason Hurricane Helena happened is because BlackRock and the Democrats conspired to cloud seed clouds so that the hurricane would wipe out the Republicans before the election and BlackRock would then be able to steal their land full of lithium deposits. 

I’m not kidding. Dead serious. This is the level of intellect we have in the world today. Idiocracy was not a documentary. It portrayed people as too intelligent. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Today on Facebook I learned from my former real estate agent neighbor in Houston that the reason Hurricane Helena happened is because BlackRock and the Democrats conspired to cloud seed clouds so that the hurricane would wipe out the Republicans before the election and BlackRock would then be able to steal their land full of lithium deposits. 

I’m not kidding. Dead serious. This is the level of intellect we have in the world today. Idiocracy was not a documentary. It portrayed people as too intelligent. 

I mean, I do believe there could be a business plan somewhere in BlackRock to pilfer mineral rights from resident landowners 

• Hook 'Em 1

So here in Austin I saw a Trump bumper sticker above a little American flag sticker.  On the back of a Mercedes SUV, and not on the bumper but on the back.  I needed a “Buy American” sticker to slap underneath those.

Over on 38th Street east of Guadalupe, saw a big red Trump flag flying on a house next to an assisted living facility. They also had a big Longhorn flag on the door.  I can only imagine how much they hate the neighbors in that area. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/4/2024 at 8:30 AM, Thrawn said:

Is there a separate report with the number of black jobs created? I bet it was zero. Or at least that is what I'm sure we will hear from the orange shit stain later today.

200% of the jobs went to illegals

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Around me the shift has been to "it's not the person, it's the policies". Oh, ok. The democrats' policies are so horrific that you just have to vote for a convicted felon who has promised to be a dictator. So horrific these last four years have been.... stock market up, economy improving every year, more jobs, unemployment down, crime down..... Can't risk more of that. Gotta vote for the evil conman. No choice.

Which policies? The wright ones.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

I need to figure out how to sell shit to idiots for surly. There seems to be a lot of money in being a fucking idiot. 

Dude, I wouldn't even be mad. If some of those potential Trump sucker dollars could fund one of our tailgates, id be all fucking for it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Current yard sign tally in my neighborhood has Harris at a two yards to one edge over dotard.  I’ve seen enough and am ready to call TX for Harris.

I did a trio to the coast last weekend and saw a surprising number of Harris signs.

A lot less Trump signs than years past. The ones i did see were often the loony variety with multiple signs, flags etc including a couple giant flags on custom flag poles.

Overall a lot less enthusiasm.

I do get a laugh at the thought that some asshole has a garage full of FJB flags he can sell.

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Looks like in that video the orange cunt accepted a vets giving over his Purple Heart under the idea that Trump getting shot at while making a speech qualified him. While there are clearly at least a billion things severely wrong with that scenario, I’m not quite following the narrative of Trump “awarding himself” a Purple Heart.

You are correct.  It's essentially a gift.  A misguided gift, but it's his to give.  Trump (of course) accepts it as official, because he's a narcissist with an IQ of ~ 90.

7 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

It actually makes sense if you think about it.  If Trump hadn’t lied about having bone spurs and gotten out of going to Nan this vet may have not had the opportunity to go over there and get wounded.  A lot of wounded vets owe their purple hearts to trump 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Woland said:

Use a yellow swoop like his hair. Of course if you make a dime he's going to sue you.

That's why you put it all in an LLC, post yourself a salary and a bonus, then have the LLC declare bankruptcy. Trump would be proud and offer a position in his griftco.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1