2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

49 minutes ago, grazinhorn said:

time to say goodbye

Edit: I'm going with the claim that they didn't mess with the audio

The hootenanny was over, he was leaving.  People sometimes say goodbye when they leave.

I think there's a shart in there we're missing but the xitter poster has bat-like hearing and assumes the rest of us can hear it.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, it's bizarre, but it's Italian popera.  Not sure the point of the outrage.

The outrage should be that he refused to take questions, AT A TOWN HALL, and just bopped around to music.

Considering he has a town hall this week for Univision. And possibly CNN next week if he accepts 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, locodos said:

I'm sorry, but this is so much horse shit.  I mean, if all you do is rely on those below you for information why do e level execs make 200x those they rely on for information?   For fucks sake!   E levels are like the weatherman... See I told you it might rain!

Dude. Not what I said.  Also, your assumption that a General magically knows that the briefings on subjects that he cannot know - from ostensively our top minds in State and Intel - is bullshit.   Is bullshit. The fact that neither you or I have any  idea what information he received and from whom makes it impossible to say if he was incompetent or mislead.   

And it ignores the fact that once a political decision is made the information used to support that decision can be - how  can I say this? - yellow cake-y. 

Regarding the bold and highly paid CEOs:

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The outrage should be that he refused to take questions, AT A TOWN HALL, and just bopped around to music.

Considering he has a town hall this week for Univision. And possibly CNN next week if he accepts 

Yeah, it would be an entirely different matter if the bulk of the townhall had been conducted and then he danced to a couple of songs before leaving but what I've read is a total of 4 questions were asked before this weird 30 minute jam session.

• Hook 'Em 4

For all you tripping over yourselves every two days for Dems to flood national media with whatever bullshit you think is the most important of the day, this is probably the last moment for that to make an impact with early voting, if they do.

I’m sure the reality is him not wanting to talk while EMS/paramedics attend to people, buttfuck it. Not a typo. We’re gonna shitpost ourselves into the presidency. 

Edited by StassneyHorn

On 10/11/2024 at 7:58 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Picking a nit- I really don’t like the expression “opportunity economy,” which Kamala Harris uses a lot. It sounds like the focus group bullshit Republicans used to grin-fuck middle class people with until Donald Trump came along. 

The inability of Democrats at all levels to connect to middle class people’s financial struggles is constantly baffling to me. Hell it almost cost Kirk Watson the Austin mayor’s race. 

As someone who only survived and thrived when someone gave me an opportunity to maximize my potential, I completely get it. 

People talk about it all the the time. It's a real sentiment.

Too many people get told they don't have the *perfect* resume, experience, family background, accent, timing, haircut, and a bunch of other fake disqualifying attributes that are not truly related to ability to participate in the economy at a level above where they are connected.

Opportunity is the realest thing out there in all of this BS. I don't know how you operationalize it at a Presidential level, but it's generations better than financing a drug epidemic and then throwing people in jail who seized that opportunity.

So, yeah... Say that shit some more.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Yeah, it would be an entirely different matter if the bulk of the townhall had been conducted and then he danced to a couple of songs before leaving but what I've read is a total of 4 questions were asked before this weird 30 minute jam session.

I took the tweet as being critical of that particular song, not that he did some weird pop-up DJ routine.

For all you tripping over yourselves every two days for Dems to flood national media with whatever bullshit you think is the most important of the day, this is probably the last moment for that to make an impact with early voting, if they do.
I’m sure the reality is him not wanting to talk while EMS/paramedics attend to people, buttfuck it. Not a typo. We’re gonna shitpost ourselves into the presidency. 
If that's the case , they should have played Stayin' Alive.

the-office-us.gif
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I think that's the first clip from a Harris or Walz rally I've seen in two weeks.  I know they're out there campaigning like fuck, but it's all dotard all the time.  Just the way he wants it, even if he does come across as the fat stupid bastard he is.

The infotainment outlets need this race to be close and entertaining. That means all Donald all the time. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

37 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

We live in the dumbest fucking timeline, I don't even care anymore.  I don't want her to do this because I don't want her to validate those morons, but if it changes even one dumb frat boy or stoner's mind, I guess it could be worth it?  Fucking whatever.

I agree with you in principle, but she can't possibly offer Joe Rogan any more validation than he already has. He is way more famous than she is. If she was going on Fresh & Fit, or going to sit down with Andrew Tate or some shit, sure, but this is a good idea. Trump's idea to go sit down with Andrew Schulz was good as well, but this would one up him in a pretty significant way that I don't know if his ego could handle.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

I agree with you in principle, but she can't possibly offer Joe Rogan any more validation than he already has. He is way more famous than she is. If she was going on Fresh & Fit, or going to sit down with Andrew Tate or some shit, sure, but this is a good idea. Trump's idea to go sit down with Andrew Schulz was good as well, but this would one up him in a pretty significant way that I don't know if his ego could handle.

I don’t know who Andrew Schulz is

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don’t know who Andrew Schulz is

Normie/lean conservative podcaster comedian with a podcast with a large audience.

Edited by Brian Fantana
I think characterizing him as a conservative podcaster is a little unfair/uncharitable so I changed it
  • Hook 'Em 1

Joe Rogan is “more famous” than Kamala Harris? Uh, no.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Kermit said:

She’s the goddamn vice president of the United States, buddy.

Throwing Saturday Night Live GIF

Sure, but the average "centrist" normie/bro would have barely been aware of her existence prior to Joe stepping down. Also, you're giving the average American way too much credit.

Either way, this is an irrelevant point to argue because it's still a great idea for her to get in front of Joe's very large normie audience, especially since Trump has been trying to hit the normie/lean conservative podcast circuit (Theo Von, Andrew Schulz, etc) in desperation. One upping him this way would be devastating to him.

• Hook 'Em 1

We live in the dumbest fucking timeline, I don't even care anymore.  I don't want her to do this because I don't want her to validate those morons, but if it changes even one dumb frat boy or stoner's mind, I guess it could be worth it?  Fucking whatever.

What’s all this talk tonight about “validating”? Joe Rogan has the number one podcast in the world. There is nothing Kamala could do to validate him more than the general public already has.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

49 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I really think this Trump leaving his people in the desert thing could hurt him.  It's easily understood and it's just an assholish thing to do.

SIAP, but worth the watch, especially the video from those stranded.

Of all the things he’s done you think that will move the needle?

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

I agree with you in principle, but she can't possibly offer Joe Rogan any more validation than he already has. He is way more famous than she is.

Do you exclusively associate with males age 16-35 or so?

Beyond that, even accepting your premise for sake of argument, is that not then Rogan validating her?

Edited by gmr548

33 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

What’s all this talk tonight about “validating”? Joe Rogan has the number one podcast in the world. There is nothing Kamala could do to validate him more than the general public already has.

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Do you exclusively associate with males age 16-35 or so?

Beyond that, even accepting your premise for sake of argument, is that not then Rogan validating her?

You liked the first post and yet decided to argue with me even though I'm essentially saying the exact same thing @Chuckie Finster is with slightly different wording, so I'm a little confused. He is absolutely more well known/famous in the space he inhabits than Kamala Harris is.

• Hook 'Em 1

So you're saying within the group of people who knows who he is, more people know who he is? That's not really saying anything, so you can understand the confusion. 

After all, out of the people who know who I am, I'm more famous than Taylor Swift. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Of all the things he’s done you think that will move the needle?

I think it might for a few. Not many who were there, of course, because they are cultists. But, yes, a few. As I said, it's easy to understand. What kind of person drives his supporters out into the desert and then ditches them in the darkness?