2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

3fdf8382-3da7-40f3-a2b3-3695085f38a8.png

658e0559-81f4-4c91-b5ca-7a4b1d8d8580.png

The story of Minneapolis is that despite all the problems in city government, it's a place people want to move to.

Last fall, a Republican mouthpiece disguised as a news agency named Alpha News put out a "documentary" called The Fall of Minneapolis. It was a word-for-word rehash of the defense's case at trial. All my acquaintances on the right end of the political spectrum were waving this around as proof about how terrible of a governor Tim Walz is. I told them that promoting a case that got their client 22 years in prison isn't the flex they thought it was. 

The fall in Minneapolis is a gorgeous time to visit. Great weather, no bugs, and fall colors at their peak.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Lol wut. There’s no way she has even half the listeners as Rogan

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

It's one of the Top 5 podcasts out there.  

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Wow. It is currently at #1 on Spotify. I’d never heard of it and neither had anyone else before Harris went on. I wonder where it would sit on the rankings on a normal week

Before Harris went on, CHD had about 10 million listeners per episode compared to Joe Rogan's 11 million. They've been 1 and 2 on Spotify for a while (Rogan in first place).

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, austingirl said:

Before Harris went on, CHD had about 10 million listeners per episode compared to Joe Rogan's 11 million. They've been 1 and 2 on Spotify for a while (Rogan in first place).

They're basically the same type of podcast.  One is for young women, one is for young men.  Prolly 0% overlap.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

It's also obvious to me that these Nazi handlers are grossly incompetent, so the secret is out among Beltway insiders and DNC operatives, and the only question remaining is: what's the most effective way to leverage this?

Going on Rogan according to the braintrust around here.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

At this point, I think there’s a better chance of Jimmy Carter hosting a Univision town hall than Donald Trump.

Well it's supposed to tape and air tomorrow.  

46 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

A friend of mine once took an Italian class taught by an old Italian professor who had lived through the time of Mussolini.  He said there were slogans painted on walls that said "Mussolini ha sempre ragione" ("Mussolini is always right") and the like.  

With that in mind, the slogan below caught my eye. 

image.thumb.png.5b88f97fdb73a6c649ad75e059139acf.png

Found one on Google:

image.jpeg

Honestly, not too hard to go to Italy and find remnants like this that were "removed" but you can still read them some 80 years later.  (took this picture in a small town in Maremma).  Also not too hard to find Italians who are totes cool with this, too.  I know a few.

Credere

Obbedire

Combattere

Believe

Obey 

Fight

image.png.1a970ff946bae22670bbede04ddd8735.png

IMG_0584.JPG

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Yeah, the sanewashing that he pivoted to just playing music because of some medical emergencies is hilariously bad.  It's truly disgusting what they are doing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Rogan is a good idea. Hardly any of his remaining audience is persuadable, though. Rogan is a Dana White sycophant, so although the conversation will be interesting the bigger impact will be the headline noticed by non-listeners who will see this move as confident.

49 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

To me the obvious risk with Rogan is that it would energize more Trump voters than it would peel off apathetic non-voters for Harris.  I don't know how one gauges that risk, though.

She could really win over his audience if she promised to find John Titor and bring him in.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Yes, but it'd be very funny to see her clown on Trump for being too much of a pussy and there's a chance he'd then try it himself to prove he's not a pussy and literally die from probably tabasco sauce.

Maya Rudolph (so, the SNL Kamala) did a Hot Ones bit for her Apple TV series.  It was funny as shit.  Imagine her doing this as Kamala - it could be fucking hilarious.

She also did one as Beyonce on SNL, but the one above is funnier, and closer to the character she'd do for Kamala.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Jesus Christ look at his fucking makeup.  This looks worse than the Cornyn picture.  Whoever is doing this must truly hate him.

Yes. Becuase I'm sure whenever he played football at whatever prep school he attended at any level were playing kids from "bad neighborhoods."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ok, Joe Rogan and Andrew Schulz are not for "normies". WTF. Their base consists of ignorant bros who think they're smart/funny and the majority lean heavily towards Trump. 

There’s also some really shallow fucks who don’t really stand for much - so while it’s impossible to get them to vote for Kamala, getting them to stay at home actually wouldn’t be all that difficult.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

She can’t demand to go on Hot Ones and the host doesn’t want to be political

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Also she's far too busy to deal with the aftermath of that. It's not just the segment. 

Now that you mention it, I could see an SNL segment with Maya Rudolph as Harris doing Hot Ones....

The one she did as Beyonce was pretty good

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 2

If Trump were to win this election, with this performance, combined with EVERYTHING ELSE….. the biggest takeaway would be that America is shockingly racist and sexist. This became absurd a long time ago. Now it’s….. I don’t even have a word.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

Just now, Red Five said:

If Trump were to win this election, with this performance, combined with EVERYTHING ELSE….. the biggest takeaway would be that America is shockingly racist and sexist. This became absurd a long time ago. Now it’s….. I don’t even have a word.

A black man won and was re-elected in a race most people thought he’d lose. And if he could have run in 2016, he’d have won again. Black men and women are elected all the time, as well as women in general.

People really translate Hillary losing into America being sexist but god she was truly reviled. They weren’t sexist, they were Hillaryist 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Jesus Christ look at his fucking makeup.  This looks worse than the Cornyn picture.  Whoever is doing this must truly hate him.

Didn't he say that he doesn't himself because he doesn't trust anyone else to get it right?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

A black man won and was re-elected in a race most people thought he’d lose. And if he could have run in 2016, he’d have won again. Black men and women are elected all the time, as well as women in general.

People really translate Hillary losing into America being sexist but god she was truly reviled. They weren’t sexist, they were Hillaryist 

People care a fuckload about money.  They really think Trump is better for their wallet.  Putting his signature on all those stimulus checks was smart.  
Also those people are dumb as a box of rocks, because unless you’re rich he isn’t helping you.  

There’s no way 45% of the country is that racist / sexist.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

ef51e20c-c465-4dfb-ab36-9aae793d14e9.png

IMG_7493.png

Since we're bitching about the media, this one is bullshit too. It refers to Harris questioning his "mental acuity." First, when Biden had his debate issues, the headlines were about his competency or whether he was "unfit" for office, the term "mental acuity" is much more benign. Second, the media itself was asking the questions about Biden's competency, this places the questions on his opponent, which is easy to brush off as just campaign rhetoric. Just because 70M people like his idiocy doesn't make it right, the media should be hammering him for being a complete idiot whose mush brain is far worse than any time over the last 9 years. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yup, next monday gonna swing by and pick up my senior citizen parents and aunts, and we're gonna go down and vote for Kamala together and then grab lunch. I don't know why everybody doesn't do early voting, it's so much better than waiting till election day. No lines, no dipshits trying to make everyone tense, no pressure. The most easy way you can vote. Plus, you look straight up badass with an "I VOTED" sticker weeks before everyone else.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

People care a fuckload about money.  They really think Trump is better for their wallet.  Putting his signature on all those stimulus checks was smart.  
Also those people are dumb as a box of rocks, because unless you’re rich he isn’t helping you.  

I wish I could believe this, but honestly everything I've seen the past 8 years brings to only this conclusion. Even if it's ingrained, it's there. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Yup, next monday gonna swing by and pick up my senior citizen parents and aunts, and we're gonna go down and vote for Kamala together and then grab lunch. I don't know why everybody doesn't do early voting, it's so much better than waiting till election day. No lines, no dipshits trying to make everyone tense, no pressure. The most easy way you can vote. Plus, you look straight up badass with an "I VOTED" sticker weeks before everyone else.

Yep, I am voting first day on Monday.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I wish I could believe this, but honestly everything I've seen the past 8 years brings to only this conclusion. Even if it's ingrained, it's there. 

I’m a brown dude who visits OK and some outposts in TX a few times a year with my green eyed blonde wife.  We are always blown away by how hospitable people are.  They’re scared of the boogeyman that doesn’t exist.  The propaganda works.  There is no way that % of the country is virulent racist/sexists - as Red described above.  

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

swag-nope.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh I fully believe that at least 45% of the country is racist/sexist. Prior to 2016 it was much more subtle or just not said in mixed company because there was still some shame involved, but the 2016 election gave them the green light to be far more vocal. In Oklahoma, people sometimes comment on how "nice" people are, and you'll hear plenty of stories in Tulsa and OKC especially that gay people aren't openly harassed very often and you won't hear a lot of people yelling at Mexican's to "speak English" but the vast majority of people who live here harbor that hate and vote accordingly. At best, some of the 45% aren't racist/sexist but are okay electing those who are which is just as bad in my opinion.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Actually yes.  Saying 45% of the country is racist / sexist discounts how many people really are fooled into thinking Trump is better for their wallets.  Theres a reason Kamala doesn’t just run on ‘all these people are deplorable’ as much as I would enjoy that. 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m a brown dude who visits OK and some outposts in TX a few times a year with my green eyed blonde wife.  We are always blown away by how hospitable people are.  They’re scared of the boogeyman that doesn’t exist.  The propaganda works.  There is no way that % of the country is virulent racist/sexists - as Red described above.  

spoiler: you're seeing the equivalent of them saying "bless that colored's heart"

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Actually yes.  Saying 45% of the country is racist / sexist discounts how many people really are fooled into thinking Trump is better for their wallets.  Theres a reason Kamala doesn’t just run on ‘all these people are deplorable’ as much as I would enjoy that. 

Kamala doesn't run on that shit because she's a black/indian woman who would be completely destroyed for saying that because the country is so super racist.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

We are not doing this again. Stop saying 45% to the country. It’s 45% or so of the voting population, so like 30% of the country

Sure.  There’s a ton of racists / sexists.  10’s of millions.  I still don’t buy 30%+.  

• Hook 'Em 1