2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The only thing worse than cops is the FOP...that union bullshit will never allow this.  I totally agree they should be run over and run out.  Find me a single case ever where the FOP has condemned their officer.  I'm serious - I don't think any exist.  That could definitely be my bias.  But anyone objective can tell you overall the FOP is a giant POS organization that should go to hell. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

How many of us have had a conversation with a Trump supporter who is highly educated, a professional, and with no clear reason why they support Trump? I’ve shied away from those conversations to avoid conflict. But I find myself wondering. 

For many, I’ve been able to guess why, such as knowing they watch Fox News all the time. But for many I just don’t get it. I’m finding myself curious about their reasoning and level of knowledge about the “real” Trump 

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

I think if it’s a question he doesn’t want to answer he just starts talking about whatever he wants to talk about. Part of the aging narcissist thing. Probably a self defense mechanism.

I think he has a script in his head, and he has a bunch of talking points that he is convinced he has to spit out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

What I’m digging about New Zealand the most is the unabashed embrace of cultural diversity displayed everywhere in every circumstance.  Here, it’s not even a thing to think about.  Everywhere people of different races and backgrounds are dating, chatting, working together just happy as they can be.  

Imagine, actually being happy instead of focusing on hating differences 

Wait till more Americans flee there and upset the apple cart.  Americans would fuck up the garden of Eden.  First, we'd widen the roads through the garden so our SUVs could fit.  Then we'd pepper the landscape with Dominos, Crackerbarrels and plastic waste.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a Democrat out of necessity and not because I enjoy it.  I see people be shitty to each other daily.  We need custodians and sanitation workers--don't disparage them.  If we all had to take a turn, maybe we'd be polite and stop pissing all over the floors next to the urinal.  And stay off my lawn.    

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Mdhorn said:

Wait till more Americans flee there and upset the apple cart.  Americans would fuck up the garden of Eden.  First, we'd widen the roads through the garden so our SUVs could fit.  Then we'd pepper the landscape with Dominos, Crackerbarrels and plastic waste.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a Democrat out of necessity and not because I enjoy it.  I see people be shitty to each other daily.  We need custodians and sanitation workers--don't disparage them.  If we all had to take a turn, maybe we'd be polite and stop pissing all over the floors next to the urinal.  And stay off my lawn.    

Lol. New Zealand is led by smart women. They won’t let Americans ruin it because it’s hard as fuck to get citizenship. For good reason. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yeah, Trump ain't winning GA.

I think he's going to lose in a landslide.  And if doesn't, then a large majority of this country is going to be complicit in something as bad or worse as the Japanese interment camps.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. New Zealand is led by smart women. They won’t let Americans ruin it because it’s hard as fuck to get citizenship. For good reason. 

You may want to look into NZ. They’ve had some backsliding since Ardern resigned 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

What I’m digging about New Zealand the most is the unabashed embrace of cultural diversity displayed everywhere in every circumstance.  Here, it’s not even a thing to think about.  Everywhere people of different races and backgrounds are dating, chatting, working together just happy as they can be.  

Imagine, actually being happy instead of focusing on hating differences 

Wait, did you move to NZ?

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

How many of us have had a conversation with a Trump supporter who is highly educated, a professional, and with no clear reason why they support Trump? I’ve shied away from those conversations to avoid conflict. But I find myself wondering. 

For many, I’ve been able to guess why, such as knowing they watch Fox News all the time. But for many I just don’t get it. I’m finding myself curious about their reasoning and level of knowledge about the “real” Trump 

I had a conversation recently with an appellate court judge who believes everything that my pillow guy says about dominion voting machines stealing the election from Trump. 

This is someone supposed to be skilled in the art of critical thinking. 

• Rage+1 6

Just now, Js1 said:

You may want to look into NZ. They’ve had some backsliding since Ardern resigned 

Maybe so, but their citizenship requirements haven’t changed. It’s basically “birth, marriage, or you’ve spent most of each of the last 5 years here and if we arbitrarily decide we want you.”

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

I think he's going to lose in a landslide.  And if doesn't, then a large majority of this country is going to be complicit in something as bad or worse as the Japanese interment camps.

I think they're starting to realize that, too.  Imagine by surprise when Stephen Miller of all people was wanting people to vote early.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Too many god damn hobbits for my tastes

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Slavery?

Not Bad Kind Of GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 4

32 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I've tried it, and I don't recommend it. They are impervious to any facts about what Trump says or does that 10 years ago would have set their hair on fire. These are people who believe they are smarter than most and to change course now would be an admission that they were wrong about the fucker. So they dig in and tell you you're a fool for supporting anyone else.

So now when I see them, I just ask about their kids and move on.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Cap33 said:

I've tried it, and I don't recommend it. They are impervious to any facts about what Trump says or does that 10 years ago would have set their hair on fire. These are people who believe they are smarter than most and to change course now would be an admission that they were wrong about the fucker. So they dig in and tell you you're a fool for supporting anyone else.

So now when I see them, I just ask about their kids and move on.

Correct. Every question is answered with “ well what about “ and I end up saying just answer the fucking question. I got suckered into a $400 bet over the election Friday night over drinks. He just kept talking nonsense about morals and I finally brought up that he filed for bankruptcy on his business and left several people in bad shape. Naturally and rightfully so he wanted to bet $1,000 on election and I said how about $400 since you might actually pay that back.

we left the conversation on decent terms and I even sent him a text saying it was good to see him and he agreed and now he is flooding me with TikTok shit which explains everything. I hope my next response to him is “ give me my money “. 

• Hook 'Em 9

Yeah, the one I posted had them all. I’m most surprised by the Vietnamese being 77-20 Dem 

Koreans moving the wrong way but probably the most religious of the Asian subgroups. Very Christian 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Wanted to call that out because I think you're on to something, and you're on to the different ways different people/worldviews react.

Imagine you are a non-black person invited to the classic "black people barbecue."

1920x0.jpg

There are a shitload of people who would be intimidate and freaked out about that.  And I mean more than the "well, I'm going to something I'm not entirely culturally familiar with."  I mean, flipped out thinking "no way will I go to that."  Other folks -- and I'd venture to guess most people on this board -- might have some nervousness about going to something that isn't the scene/cultural dynamic they're most used to, but they'd also think "but I bet the grub is going to be tasty as shit and it will be a DAMNED good time."

Appy that to an invitation to a quinceañera, a bar mitzvah, dinner at a mostly white country club, etc., for someone who is not a member of the dominant cultural group there.  A lot of people will freak out.  A lot of other people will be excited to try something different and have a good time with new people.  I'm betting that if you did an experiment where you rated people on their level of discomfort/willingness to attend such events, and then asked about their political preferences, there would be a healthy correlation to political preferences as well (not 100%, but a solid correlation).

The hell of it is, over my life, I've seen many of those "Trumpy" types (who aren't comfortable being surrounded by people of other races) end up at such events....and they end up having a fucking blast as their fear/resistance breaks down.  Meaning that we are heavily divided by and told to fear people by people who are selling lies, and want us at each other's throats.  At the end of the day, almost all of us would end up happy as hell after spending a day at a barbecue with people of a different race/subculture, if the people who stoke the fear and hate machines would just shut the fuck up.

Which is why I want Donald Trump to die, ASAP, so badly.  The moment he chokes on a Big Mac will be the greatest day ever.

Dude on the grill doesn't have the requisite white towel draped over his shoulder.

Fake as shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

we left the conversation on decent terms and I even sent him a text saying it was good to see him and he agreed and now he is flooding me with TikTok shit which explains everything. I hope my next response to him is “ give me my money “. 

You will never see it, because he will claim the election was rigged, therefore he doesn't owe you a dime.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

back the blue !!!!

Why should a shitty cop fired in one community get a anonymous fresh start as a cop in an unsuspecting other community? 

I got nothing against a fresh start. Everyone needs one sometimes. But throw in weapons and the standard needs to be way higher 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You will never see it, because he will claim the election was rigged, therefore he doesn't owe you a dime.

But every time he sees my handsome face it will be a reminder that I am everything he isn’t. 

57 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Not a very talked about demographic 

Got an inkling of this back in 2020.  I had this young, attractive Asian pedicurist that I frequented at a salon on the edge of my neighborhood.  She was attending UNT and working her way through college.  She and I always joked around a lot about various stupid shit and she seemed pretty liberal in her views but we never discussed politics.  She was essentially my pedicurist for two years.  Hell, we even exchanged cheap little Christmas presents for a couple of years.

One day about a month before the election, out of the blue she asked me who I was voting for POTUS.  I responded by saying something along the lines of "anyone but the orange baboon".  She looked at me like I'd called her mother a whore.  We cordially argued over him for a few minutes and thought we'd left it at that.  The next time I went to schedule an appointment with her I was told she wasn't available.  We never spoke again.  Was crazy as hell.  The nice owner told me she was maga as hell. 

Oh well. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1