2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

That's a terrible idea.  Vance does not get rattled like Trump does.  He'll just spew his lies ad nauseum.  Zero upside for Harris to do such a thing.  

She should be mentioning his mental decline every day, though.

No one thinks there would be an actual Harris / Vance debate.  It would be thrown out there to rile up the audience of one.  Imagine the rage dotard would go into if the media basically cast him aside.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/15/2024 at 9:19 AM, wildcat09 said:

Yes, but it'd be very funny to see her clown on Trump for being too much of a pussy and there's a chance he'd then try it himself to prove he's not a pussy and literally die from probably tabasco sauce.

On 10/15/2024 at 10:00 AM, kevwun said:

Sure looks like Lobo's theory about running Trump in to the ground is playing out.  He looks real bad.

The hot sauce would do him in.  He can't handle anything spicier than A1 steak sauce.

Oh, and he would insist on only getting right wings, probably choke on a left wing.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No disagreement.  But still, when for centuries, you've had a 100 yard head start in the race, and now you only have a 50 yard head start....and because you had the 100 yard head start you never bothered to learn to run that fast because you didn't need to, the head start gave you all the advantage you needed....well, loss of a huge advantage into a smaller advantage can feel like a DISadvantage.

Young white men still have every chance to succeed -- they even have built in advantages.  But they have to actually fucking work for it now because there's competition.  We gotta figure out how to get them off their asses to compete.

“When you are accustomed to privilege, equity feels like oppression”

• Hook 'Em 7

50 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The best part about this clip is that it's obvious from the start that is a smart guy, and he's not voting for Trump, and he showed up to ask a question he knew Trump would fuck up for the rest of the audience so they'd see what a racist dipshit he is...

Preach.  I want to buy that guy a beer. 

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No disagreement.  But still, when for centuries, you've had a 100 yard head start in the race, and now you only have a 50 yard head start....and because you had the 100 yard head start you never bothered to learn to run that fast because you didn't need to, the head start gave you all the advantage you needed....well, loss of a huge advantage into a smaller advantage can feel like a DISadvantage.

Young white men still have every chance to succeed -- they even have built in advantages.  But they have to actually fucking work for it now because there's competition.  We gotta figure out how to get them off their asses to compete.

Lots of great points made on this topic already, but Tiger Moms/Karens aren't helping. We don't let kids suffer any consequences anymore and we don't let them fight their own battles (literally or figuratively) without "mama bear" showing up at the school to give everyone hell. My son has a friend he's been swimming with since they were probably 10 years old. It was obvious pretty early on the kid was going to be an elite swimmer. He was 6'6" in 9th grade and already had facial hair. Both this kid's parents were military officers who met at a service academy. This kids entire life has been micro-managed by his mom since his first swim practice (probably longer, but that was my first exposure) She manages every aspect of his life right down to what and when he eats and drinks. I've heard her at swim meets talking to other moms about not liking this teacher or fighting with that teacher. Now they are seniors, and my son says he's the most immature kid in his friend group by a long shot. Any time they are at a travel meet and his mom isn't around, he fucks around like he's a middle schooler. He says the only kids that want to hang out with him are the underclassmen. Kid has signed an LOI to swim at a service academy next year and he's going to be in for a rude awakening. 

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But still, when for centuries, you've had a 100 yard head start in the race, and now you only have a 50 yard head start....and because you had the 100 yard head start you never bothered to learn to run that fast because you didn't need to, the head start gave you all the advantage you needed....well, loss of a huge advantage into a smaller advantage can feel like a DISadvantage.

If this is what's chasing me down, fuck the head start.  I'm runnin' backerts.

ZMB4WNRVOZF7HEH6OHJKZ2JE4U.jpg?auth=d9d1

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 2

So, I ordered a few things from the HarrisWalz campaign store back on 9/16.  As of today, they still have not shipped, so I told the folks running it (based in Austin) to either refund me, or convert my order to a donation, but I am not going to wait longer for fulfillment and shipping. Not happy with that, but it is what is is.  I am sure they did not anticipate the overwhelming response, but it it still frustrating.

• Hook 'Em 1

So, I ordered a few things from the HarrisWalz campaign store back on 9/16.  As of today, they still have not shipped, so I told the folks running it (based in Austin) to either refund me, or convert my order to a donation, but I am not going to wait longer for fulfillment and shipping. Not happy with that, but it is what is is.  I am sure they did not anticipate the overwhelming response, but it it still frustrating.

They also were trying to spin up all new gear, using union shops, while hundreds of other candidates had earlier orders. Still frustrating.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Sorry Penelope, but I'm ahead of you.  Ordered August 15.  I got an apology email and a handful of nuthin' so far.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

For anyone who got to see it (stuck at work), does anyone think she may've lost voters out of showing up on FOX?

A single interview on Fox isn’t going to do anything to this race, really  

9 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I ordered my stuff on August 10 and they will be arriving in split shipments tomorrow and Friday.