2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

Last night's Georgia Voting Update take aways

1.  621k have now voted

2.  Women have now outpaced men by 58k

3.  86k of votes cast are from non voters in 2020.  

Put it in my veins.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexEx15 said:

That is....

Wow that will not play well in the suburbs. 

Listen up, suburban women - your children's lives are collateral damage so all your shitty ex-boyfriends or those creeps who hit on you in college can play with pew pew machines. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

11 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Shit, he's just verbalizing what every GOP politician that has taken NRA money over the years has said to themselves or in close company.

You can bet your ass that some rep or senator has said something along these lines to him; where the hell do you think he got that idea?

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Shit, he's just verbalizing what every GOP politician that has taken NRA money over the years has said to themselves or in close company.

You can bet your ass that some rep or senator has said something along these lines to him; where the hell do you think he got that idea?

We've had posters, whom we interact with on this very website, say the same or similar.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

What's the bar and why does it only apply to her?  

Because she’s one of the good guys. The rules do t apply to the bad guys because they are bad. We need to embrace being the good guys and lean into victory.

I think she’s really poorly advised on how to field questions about immigration but once she got beyond the first few minutes last night she did well.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

2 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Because she's not threatening media, opponents, Democracy? Did she not have a half hour dance off?  What's the bar and why does it only apply to her?  

Because they do not want her to win

No one is going to make bank writing books about the Harris presidency.  No one is going to rage read their articles or watch their news programs during a Harris presidency.  The only people who are going to make money off a Harris presidency is Fox News, Newsmax, talk radio, etc. 

And the "liberal" media is downright mad about that.  Profits > democracy.  

And if he wins, I hope they're clinging to their precious profits when they get shut down or jailed for reporting on the Trump administration. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

33 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That is....

Wow that will not play well in the suburbs. 

Listen up, suburban women - your children's lives are collateral damage so all your shitty ex-boyfriends or those creeps who hit on you in college can play with pew pew machines. 

It’s amazing to me that so many gun enthusiasts (and I am one) refuse to acknowledge the simple reality that Donald Trump doesn’t understand or know anything about guns or gun culture and has repeatedly questioned in public why anyone needs them and suggested they be taken away without due process. 

@fattyflattie and others think they can deal with that on a transactional level, but much like the pro-life people you’re looking at somebody who doesnt understand the terms of the deal, doesn’t care about honoring the deal, and on top of everything doesn’t care about the law or what the constitution says. 
The 2nd Amendment goes is safer with Kamala Harris than Donald Trump, just like the rest of the constitution.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

The 2nd Amendment goes is safer with Kamala Harris than Donald Trump, just like the rest of the constitution.

Ehh I was with you most of the way, and 100% agree Trump doesn’t give a single Orange fuck about the citizens right to bear arms. I knew that during his first stint in White House.  But lol at dome being anything close to resembling a 2nd supporter.  I don’t believe any politicians aside from a couple of dozen whack job Congress critters gaf about the 2nd.   Evidenced most recently by a” sportsman” who can’t handle loading his gun. But sure, I’m sure you really have put thousands down the tube when you were “big into trap” but have now forgotten completely how it works. Liars and posers, the lot of them. 

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It’s amazing to me that so many gun enthusiasts (and I am one) refuse to acknowledge the simple reality that Donald Trump doesn’t understand or know anything about guns or gun culture and has repeatedly questioned in public why anyone needs them and suggested they be taken away without due process. 

@fattyflattie and others think they can deal with that on a transactional level, but much like the pro-life people you’re looking at somebody who doesnt understand the terms of the deal, doesn’t care about honoring the deal, and on top of everything doesn’t care about the law or what the constitution says. 

He's been shot at and threatened to be shot at.  He's not going to be a strong gun supporter.  

On 10/16/2024 at 1:31 AM, Jhawkmvp said:

This.  There are a lot of quiet racists out there. I grew up a white kid in lily white Kansas, but I grew up in a meat packing town so there were a lot of races there to take advantage of, at the time, well paying meat packing jobs for unskilled labor. A lot of immigrants would come for those jobs.  Growing up my siblings and I had Hispanic, black, and Asian friends in school and they would come over to play and stay overnight all the time, went on trips with us, etc. I never heard my parents use racial slanders. They always treated my friends well. In college, at 20 years old, I am dating a black coed. I come home during break and my father pulls me aside. He tells me it is okay to date a black woman, just don't marry one. I am pretty floored because I had never seen my father indicate he was racist in any way. I just looked him in the eye and told him if I did decide to marry a black woman he better get on board and treat her like a queen or else he'd never be a part of my life from the wedding day forward.  At least he raised me right and did not expose me to his racism as a child, even if in the end his view on this made me lose a lot of respect for him permanently, as an adult. My parents divorced the next year, Dad re-married and became a Southern Baptist like his bible thumping, new wife. My step-mom will drop bigoted/racist comments from time to time, mostly about whatever new immigrant group is working at the meat packing plant when I visit, but my father still doesn't. I just know he silently feels the same way as my step-mom.  Dad always votes straight R and will vote for Trump again this election for the 3rd time.  No Trump talk, no Trump flags, no Trump paraphernalia, no Trump signs, etc. His Trump support is silent.  Just like his racism. 

This is exactly what I was talking about a few pages back. Y'all are okay "over there".

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Certainly more likely than the reverse 

The election is going to be one of 4 outcomes:

-Trump narrowly wins, aka, 2016 or 2000 (narrowly wins enough swing states to exceed 270 while losing the popular vote by 1-2+%) (expected EV total would be like 281-303 for Trump)
-Harris wins easily, aka, 2012 and all the polls showing a close race are stupidly wrong (wins 300+ EVs easily and the PV by 5+%) (expected EV total would be like 319-349 for Harris)
-Harris wins a squeaker, aka, reverse 2016 (narrowly wins enough swing states to just exceed 270 while winning the PV by 2-3%) (expected EV total would be like 276-292 for Harris)
-Harris wins a close one that isn't *that* close, but looks close, aka, 2020 (exceeds 300+ EVs while winning the PV by 3-4%)  (expected EV total would be 292-303 for Harris)

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

There are a couple of worrying (albeit minor trends)

1.  African American votes are 178k thus far, only approximately 29% of the vote.  

2.  Fulton County (Atlanta proper) has only 72k out of 891k from 2020 votes cast thus far - this lags the state numbers, albeit on a minor level.  Dekalb County, also a Democratic stronghold is lagging the state number as well.  

3.  By age - 291k of cast votes are from those 65 and older.  (Not fretting this, the older typically vote early)

We (Blacks) are notorious for being on CP time.

We will come thru…just later.

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Pancho said:

We (Blacks) are notorious for being on CP time.

We will come thru…just later.

Your people (no offense) and the youth aren't showing up on days 1 and 2 lol 

They never do. 

26 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Aaron Rupar two days ago was praising Trump’s stamina 

He’s now cancelled 2 interviews and an NRA event 

Rupar has this weird tendency to post some WTF commentary

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The election is going to be one of 4 outcomes:

-Trump narrowly wins, aka, 2016 or 2000 (narrowly wins enough swing states to exceed 270 while losing the popular vote by 1-2+%) (expected EV total would be like 281-303 for Trump)
-Harris wins easily, aka, 2012 and all the polls showing a close race are stupidly wrong (wins 300+ EVs easily and the PV by 5+%) (expected EV total would be like 319-349 for Harris)
-Harris wins a squeaker, aka, reverse 2016 (narrowly wins enough swing states to just exceed 270 while winning the PV by 2-3%) (expected EV total would be like 276-292 for Harris)
-Harris wins a close one that isn't *that* close, but looks close, aka, 2020 (exceeds 300+ EVs while winning the PV by 3-4%)  (expected EV total would be 292-303 for Harris)

Is this still your map? lrpZx.png

On 10/16/2024 at 1:31 AM, Jhawkmvp said:

This.  There are a lot of quiet racists out there. I grew up a white kid in lily white Kansas, but I grew up in a meat packing town so there were a lot of races there to take advantage of, at the time, well paying meat packing jobs for unskilled labor. A lot of immigrants would come for those jobs.  Growing up my siblings and I had Hispanic, black, and Asian friends in school and they would come over to play and stay overnight all the time, went on trips with us, etc. I never heard my parents use racial slanders. They always treated my friends well. In college, at 20 years old, I am dating a black coed. I come home during break and my father pulls me aside. He tells me it is okay to date a black woman, just don't marry one. I am pretty floored because I had never seen my father indicate he was racist in any way. I just looked him in the eye and told him if I did decide to marry a black woman he better get on board and treat her like a queen or else he'd never be a part of my life from the wedding day forward.  At least he raised me right and did not expose me to his racism as a child, even if in the end his view on this made me lose a lot of respect for him permanently, as an adult. My parents divorced the next year, Dad re-married and became a Southern Baptist like his bible thumping, new wife. My step-mom will drop bigoted/racist comments from time to time, mostly about whatever new immigrant group is working at the meat packing plant when I visit, but my father still doesn't. I just know he silently feels the same way as my step-mom.  Dad always votes straight R and will vote for Trump again this election for the 3rd time.  No Trump talk, no Trump flags, no Trump paraphernalia, no Trump signs, etc. His Trump support is silent.  Just like his racism. 

This fucking sucks and I'm so sorry you had to go through this.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Texas Flood said:

Unloading but you don’t know what you’re talking about as usual

I didnt even watch.  But own an A400 and that makes it even more lol.  It’s an even simpler process.  But I’m sure as a guy who really used to burn up the 5 stand as he claims, was just having an off day. 

Just now, bolverk said:

Is this still your map? lrpZx.png

Yeah pretty much.  I stand by my prediction that NC flips because Robinson drags down Trump, AZ stays blue because of Lake being a drag and abortion on the ballot, but since Georgia has no Senate or Governor race or abortion referendum, it narrowly flips back. 

I hate gun culture so fucking much. Obviously grew up in Texas, so you know protection and all that, sure, whatever. But people who make guns their life, or sport, or any of that shit? Fucking disgusting as hell. It's cringy in the exact same way Tim The Tool Man Taylor's obsession with power tools was supposed to be a joke, like normally people don't make their entire lives about a fucking tool. I live behind a gun range now, and starting friday evening until sunday night, it's like a fucking war zone. My senior dog, 15 years old, gets fucking terrified when we go for walks because it's like the fourth of july 3 days a week, every week. And of course, the one fucking time I actually brought MY gun to the gun range for safety training, the moment me and my dad's brown asses stepped through the door, everybody got quite and stared at us and didn't say a fucking word until we left.

Growing up, even in fucking Texas, the way people glorify guns wasn't common. I see people with AK47 stickers on the back of their trucks every goddamn day. It legitimately reminds me of what we were told Afghanistan was like after 9/11, how "terrorists" were flashing their AKs everywhere. But it's ok when bubba beer belly down the street does it because he's white and delightsome. Like, no, I don't feel safe with the dipshit who occasionally takes a swig of skoal because he mixed up his cans holding a deadly weapon.

Fuck guns and their stupid fucking culture.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I think the plan is IF dotard gets elected, Vance and his backers will have Donny 25th'd out of office.  And Vance WOULD do this and all the other Project 25 bullshit. 

right, and i heard we're hiring nick saban too.

i said "it won't be a problem" at the end, because he will lose. but if by some freak occurrence, he ever became president again, he would need to be dragged from that office with his teethmarks still on it. even money he would try to have vance killed before he agreed to some succession plan.

or maybe hugo is right and he'll just resign.

31 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I don't care what the polls say, I 💯 believe this election will be a blowout victory for Harris.

Book it.

god I hope you're right. I can't help but be nervous. I just wish the election was already over, it's hell on my mental life. I legitimately don't know what I'm going to do if Trump wins. Being 100% serious contemplating leaving the country type of scenario. I don't trust America to ever come back down from the edge if he's elected. I honestly believe it'll be the end of America as we know it.

9 minutes ago, YChang said:

Figure this place is as good as any to post it. @Pancho Curious what your thoughts are about this professor's finding from his book about the differences in black churches: https://www.texasstandard.org/stories/the-contemporary-black-church-book-african-american-religious-affiliation-presidential-election-shelton/

I *sort of* agree with this. 

Blacks who are Jehovah’s Witness and part of the Holiness churches have always been more right leaning. The more middle class nondenominational Blacks are also some of the ones who don’t want to be known as being “those Blacks” and can lean to the right but mostly stay Dem. 

I still see that more Blacks who go right/far right do it because they have been shunned culturally by the “in-group” Blacks in their community whether that be because of the way they talk, dress, or act. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I didnt even watch.  But own an A400 and that makes it even more lol.  It’s an even simpler process.  But I’m sure as a guy who really used to burn up the 5 stand as he claims, was just having an off day. 

Of course not.

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Wasn't a state posted after day one that 74% of the new voters that weren't registered in 2020 were between ages 18-39?

I posted it, yes. But the overall % of voters in that age group got absolutely dwarfed by the olds. Of course the younger demo would be a higher % of new voters - the 18-21 group was 14-17 in 2020 lol. Plus young voters are notoriously under-registered to vote. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I *sort of* agree with this. 

Blacks who are Jehovah’s Witness and part of the Holiness churches have always been more right leaning. The more middle class nondenominational Blacks are also some of the ones who don’t want to be known as being “those Blacks” and can lean to the right but mostly stay Dem. 

I still see that more Blacks who go right/far right do it because they have been shunned culturally by the “in-group” Blacks in their community whether that be because of the way they talk, dress, or act. 

IMG_0261.gif