2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I trust Pancho over Helio when it comes to what the black community thinks of these "rappers" supporting Trump.

Most of the things I see on Black People Twitter is mocking them and calling them traitors and Uncle Ruckuses doing it for the grift.  Ain't no gullible market like the MAGAs.

Hint: they’re being paid to support him

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

You've never heard of Travis Scott? Kendrick Lamar? Childish Gambino? Future? Like all of these are the most surface rappers I can think of, Travis Scott had a fucking McDonalds meal named after him.

The youngest out of those guys is Travis Scott at 33 years old. Future and Childish Gambino are both in their 40s. Who’s the old out of touch one again?

Does Childish Gambino even make music still? 

Edited by Helobious
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Genre fell off a mountain after that. I honestly couldn’t tell you a young big time rapper right now. I bet most average people couldn’t either, it’s really fallen off in popularity to pop music

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2023-08-10/hip-hop-50-murals-new-york-atlanta-miami-los-angeles/

You are like an adult with no object permanence, as soon as you stop paying attention to something you decide it no longer exists.  

No matter if it’s sports, podcasts, politics, or music your ability to be confidently wrong is astounding.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This is a long video, but worth the watch when you have time. David Pakman is a prominent leftist podcaster, I don't know this other guy Sean Kelly but he is a young Trumper and has 1 million subscribers. 

Fascinating and genuine look into what we're up against due to disinformation algorithms and preferred media. Sean Kelly is truly a misinformed idiot, but I give him credit to being open to arguments and new information he is presented with. Pakman is fantastic...patient, sympathetic, and not demeaning when trying to get his point across. As frustrating as it to watch a person be so fucking stupid, the best approach is to treat them with respect and calmly interact. Even if they don't deserve it.  Fuck that bitchass motherfucker.

If it's the same Sean Kelly, and I think it probably is, he's a guy I first became aware of through F1 fandom. His twitter handle was @VirtualStatman. He was also a big opponent of Austin FC moving from Columbus to here, and I got into it with him on twitter over it multiple times. He's a POS who worked with COTA Boss Bobby Epstein to spread lies about the move. Epstein, if you remember, was opposed to MLS coming here because he had a shitty little team and 'stadium' out at COTA and envisioned himself as the guy who'd bring MLS here. He found a few locals in opposition, mostly sycophants or business associates of his, and put them all together, and backed them, forming an 'opposition group' that appeared much larger than it was. Most of those fuckers don't even live in Austin & live out in the county instead, but they would raise holy hell over every location mooted to build a stadium here. That's one reason the stadium ended up where it did. They opposed that site, too, btw.

Anyway, tl:dr, Sean Kelly is a POS bootlicker Bobby Epstein lackey. Makes sene that he would be a Trumper as well. 

Edited by wood

3 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

This topic is legitimately fucking hilarious, please keep posting Helobious

No I’m done, people have already made up their minds. This only started because someone posted a tweet with a quote from Snoop 6 years ago to make it look like he didn’t like Trump. But he does now, and shouldn’t get “credit” for not liking him

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

No I’m done, people have already made up their minds. This only started because someone posted a tweet with a quote from Snoop 6 years ago to make it look like he didn’t like Trump. But he does now, and shouldn’t get “credit” for not liking him

Oh someone made up their minds alright, lmao. Please don't go, tell me all about who Fat Pat is voting for.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m not an old but I don’t listen to much rap anymore, and used to be pretty plugged in I loved Kid Cudi, Eminem, and Tyler back when I was in high school. In college it was Denzel Curry, Lil Peep, A$AP Rocky and $uicideboys.  Genre fell off a mountain after that. I honestly couldn’t tell you a young big time rapper right now. I bet most average people couldn’t either, it’s really fallen off in popularity to pop music

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The youngest out of those guys is Travis Scott at 33 years old. Future and Childish Gambino are both in their 40s. Who’s the old out of touch one again?

Does Childish Gambino even make music still? 

Holy fuck how are you so consistently this dumb?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So with Trump cancelling CNBC and NBC interviews and an NRA event, sputtering more gibberish than usual and looking like his face is melting off his skull, where the fuck are these headlines?

Opinion | Hillary Clinton's Health, and Other Woes

How Healthy Is Hillary Clinton? Doctors Weigh In

Hillary Clinton Is Set Back by Decision to Keep Illness Secret

Hillary Clinton's Health Scare: 9 Unanswered Questions

Sickness and Secrecy: Clinton's Health and U.S. History

Hillary Clinton's Health Scare Creates Major Campaign Moment

I swear to God, he's going to have a heart attack on stage and NYT/CNN will be praising him, like "Donald Trump's heart attack proves mortality and makes him more relatable to voters"

msm should be flooding the zone with trump's health records, but they won't, because of course they won't.

• Rage+1 2

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Sometimes I think Helo has to be a guy doing a bit, but if so he's incredibly committed to it and you gotta remember that there are in fact a lot of guys who are just like that in this world. 

Trump voters?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Sometimes I think Helo has to be a guy doing a bit, but if so he's incredibly committed to it and you gotta remember that there are in fact a lot of guys who are just like that in this world. 

Supremely confident in their intelligence despite constantly being wrong. Belief that if they haven’t heard of something, it doesn’t exist or isn’t popular. Bandwagon onto winning franchises 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Ehh I was with you most of the way, and 100% agree Trump doesn’t give a single Orange fuck about the citizens right to bear arms. I knew that during his first stint in White House.  But lol at dome being anything close to resembling a 2nd supporter.  I don’t believe any politicians aside from a couple of dozen whack job Congress critters gaf about the 2nd.   Evidenced most recently by a” sportsman” who can’t handle loading his gun. But sure, I’m sure you really have put thousands down the tube when you were “big into trap” but have now forgotten completely how it works. Liars and posers, the lot of them. 

First, A400 is a great shotgun. If I was going to spend 2k on a clays gun I would buy an A400 Xcel for sure.

that said, you don’t need to do this- Transactional politics are very normal.  usually, when you sell out for one thing, the person you’re selling out to is both basically competent and inside the 40’s on all the other stuff you care about, but really good on your one thing. That’s fine.
But that’s not the deal you’re making. you’re selling out everything, including the constitution, for one thing. And unfortunately, the guy you are selling out to is really shaky on that one thing, bad about many others, and totally incompetent with respect to everything else. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

48 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m not an old but I don’t listen to much rap anymore, and used to be pretty plugged in I loved Kid Cudi, Eminem, and Tyler back when I was in high school. In college it was Denzel Curry, Lil Peep, A$AP Rocky and $uicideboys.  Genre fell off a mountain after that. I honestly couldn’t tell you a young big time rapper right now. I bet most average people couldn’t either, it’s really fallen off in popularity to pop music

I'm a 45 year old white dude who's basically been completely out of touch of music for about 20 fucking years, and even I know who Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott, Drake, Chidish Gambino, and 21 Savage are...for fuck's sake. Drake, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s shit like this that makes me more confident in a Harris win. TFG is so fucking stupid that he wouldn’t realize that wanting a different candidate is broadcasting that he’s worried he’s going to lose 

But he’s not totally stupid. I will bet $1 that one of his cases that he has filed will be that she wasn’t eligible to run and her votes should be thrown out. He slings all the shit he can on a wall and sees what sticks.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm a 45 year old white dude who's basically been completely out of touch of music for about 20 fucking years, and even I know who Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott, Drake, Chidish Gambino, and 21 Savage are...for fuck's sake. Drake, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat. 

Do you know Kenny Mason or Doechii? 

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

see but thats's what he's saying, you only know those unknown rappers because you're so out of touch. If you were in-touch like him, you wouldn't know those people.

Maybe it's been discussed at length (I certainly miss pages of this thread of a time, so point me to a page number if I'm rehashing old shit) but can anyone explain the disconnect between the betting markets and polls?  I'm not following closely so maybe a poll shift but most I've seen still seem to be predicting a narrow Harris win.  But Trump appears to be a relatively comfortable favorite in the betting markets.   I don't think presidential betting reflect the market the same extent as sports betting (with actual regulated books not taking bets + small $ limits, etc.) but still a bit surprising.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

A very good friend who is originally from North Carolina just texted me that her parents just texted her that votes today and they voted for Kamala. This is a HUGE fucking deal because her dad has never voted republican and was a die hard trumper until recently. My friend has been working on him for years sending him articles and talking with him. He has been wearing the camp Harris/Walz hat recently too. 

Keep the faith yall. If he can be turned, others can too. LFG!

Forgot to mention he’s a veteran. It’s happening 

can confirm, my vietnam veteran dad who was a life long republican before Trump has gone from "holding my nose for biden" to wearing Kamala-Walz shirts in public. My mom, the wife of a vet for 53 years, has been running a campaign to convince her sisters to vote for Kamala too. She invited multiple aunts over the last several weeks, and when they come, she just has the debates running in the background and clowns on Trump the whole time until they are like "no way I'm voting for that guy!"

So it's not just voting, but actively campaigning for the democrats. My dad donated to the galveston county democratic party, like that blows my fucking mind. Put a "WE'RE NOT GOING BACK" sign in his front yard facing the trump-loving dipshits. Told my brother to wise up and vote smart. Legit proud of him.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Maybe it's been discussed at length (I certainly miss pages of this thread of a time, so point me to a page number if I'm rehashing old shit) but can anyone explain the disconnect between the betting markets and polls?  I'm not following closely so maybe a poll shift but most I've seen still seem to be predicting a narrow Harris win.  But Trump appears to be a relatively comfortable favorite in the betting markets.   I don't think presidential betting reflect the market the same extent as sports betting (with actual regulated books not taking bets + small $ limits, etc.) but still a bit surprising.

the betting markets reflect mainly who are putting money down on what. A fool and his money and all, and trump said it best: he loves the ignorant.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

Early voting started today in NC. Felt good to vote against all these pieces of shit.

IMG_0277.thumb.jpeg.0ef65263b176838e0188fb6ff18c9f00.jpeg

Monday in Texas. I'm picking up my parents and 2 aunts and going to vote. We're actually going Tuesday instead because we worry there might be a day-1 crowd (at least we hope so). That's gonna be 5 votes for Kamala + downticket in Texas. My dad knows the score well, Kamala winning alone means nothing without the house and senate, and that means voting out Ted Cruz.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Do you know Kenny Mason or Doechii? 

No, I literally listed the names of every person I know like in all of music, like, ever, and I had to think about it. 

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

A very good friend who is originally from North Carolina just texted me that her parents just texted her that votes today and they voted for Kamala. This is a HUGE fucking deal because her dad has never voted republican and was a die hard trumper until recently. My friend has been working on him for years sending him articles and talking with him. He has been wearing the camp Harris/Walz hat recently too. 

Keep the faith yall. If he can be turned, others can too. LFG!

Forgot to mention he’s a veteran. It’s happening 

Eh. I read that whole article and clicked on his links as "support." It's all to just other articles, most of which are also opions. I didn't see any polling or evidence other than the guy was wishcasting. I hope he's right, but that article make me think it was happening whatsoever. 

16 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It’s shit like this that makes me more confident in a Harris win. TFG is so fucking stupid that he wouldn’t realize that wanting a different candidate is broadcasting that he’s worried he’s going to lose 

The internals are BAD 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1