2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm thinking of another reason, especially in states like Georgia:  fear.  Fear that someone is going to roll up on Election Day and open fire on a line of people waiting to vote.

I'll be very surprised if this actually doesn't happen this cycle.  

LMAO.  No.

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

How is this not wire fraud? Directing people to fraudulent donation links is just straight up theft and digital fraud

There are no rules anymore.

So the rest of us should stop being hamstrung by non-existent rules.

The internet should be overwhelmed with fake quotes by Donald Trump saying that he loves illegals, grainy deepfake videos of him sucking Putin's cock....all of it.  Whatever lies will turn off MAGAs from voting, flood the fucking zone with those lies.  Lies and fraud are the tools of the new era.  USE THEM.  WIN WITH THEM.  The rules are over.  Truth is over.  The rule of law is over.  JUST WIN.

Also.....when other nations write their history books about how the mighty US came crashing down, the Citizens United decision will be the point-of-no-return in that story.  It is proving to be the poison from which we couldn't recover.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There are no rules anymore.

So the rest of us should stop being hamstrung by non-existent rules.

The internet should be overwhelmed with fake quotes by Donald Trump saying that he loves illegals, grainy deepfake videos of him sucking Putin's cock....all of it.  Whatever lies will turn off MAGAs from voting, flood the fucking zone with those lies.  Lies and fraud are the tools of the new era.  USE THEM.  WIN WITH THEM.  The rules are over.  Truth is over.  The rule of law is over.  JUST WIN.

You're describing the russian posture towards media now. We should aspire to be better than THAT, even when everything is on the line. 

Words and facts do still matter, we cannot kowtow to the insistence otherwise by our sick fellow Americans. 

• Rage+1 1

I don't think I've ever been in a line to vote longer than about 15 minutes.

Most of the time I walk right up and there are empty machines ready to go. The only delay is how long it takes the old lady at the desk to look at my ID, ask me if I still live at that address, and have me sign something.

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

he loves illegals, grainy deepfake videos of him sucking Putin's cock

He does love the former, he employs them at his clubs seasonally for cheap

And the latter wouldn’t be a fake 

Edited by Js1

20 minutes ago, Pancho said:

That is awesome, but also irritating to see. Lines should not need to be that long, there should be more methods to vote, more locations, and it should be faster/simpler in person. Props to all those in line, if i saw that i would come back another day. Early voting in Texas starts tomorrow, but I'm gonna shoot for Tuesday to hopefully avoid the rush. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/17/2024 at 12:33 PM, BamaATL said:

Younger folks are going to look at Ice Cube as the goofy dad from the "Are we there yet?" movies.  Sort of like how most people under 30 think of Ice T an actor on one of the bazillion cop shows we have.  

My fourteen yr old thinks of Ice T as the guy who shills for Raisin' Cane's. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

That is awesome, but also irritating to see. Lines should not need to be that long, there should be more methods to vote, more locations, and it should be faster/simpler in person. Props to all those in line, if i saw that i would come back another day. Early voting in Texas starts tomorrow, but I'm gonna shoot for Tuesday to hopefully avoid the rush. 

Yep. Maybe Thursday for me. But it will happen. 

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I think the first time he called her Nicki Bailey.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's amazing how roughly 2/3 of American voters support Roe V Wade yet "Americans overwhelmingly wanted it returned to the states to decide".

Don't forget just about every legal scholar wanted that, too.

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

He also made Mandela sit at the back of the plane.

Gimme the odds that this moron has a clue about who Nelson Mandela was. 

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I think the first time he called her Nicki Bailey.

Don't forget just about every legal scholar wanted that, too.

Gimme the odds that this moron has a clue about who Nelson Mandela was. 

He probably thinks Nelson Mandela is the bald judge on America's Got Talent.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

She needs to immediately put out an ad showing Trump’s post demanding she drop out so he can run against Biden…with her then looking straight at the camera  and saying, “You worried Donald? I want YOU to stay in until election day”

There should be ads of “dramatic readings of Trump posts.” Show his craziest shit with this voiceover. Am I the only one who remembers when this was making the rounds?

http://youtu.be/MBHOL1PcPR8?si=NVgnSq_9yZqc86vR

Edited by 'stache

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You're describing the russian posture towards media now. We should aspire to be better than THAT, even when everything is on the line. 

Words and facts do still matter, we cannot kowtow to the insistence otherwise by our sick fellow Americans. 

You have to win before you can fix the system. 

Lol omg TIPP did it again, for another poll for American Greatness

Georgia -

Harris 49-46 in the RV

Trump 49-48 in the LV

ATL + burbs goes from 47% of the RV sample to 43% of the LV sample. ATL + burbs were 48% of the turnout in Georgia in 2020 

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

she’ll be the first republican calling for trump to ‘take the loss pussy’ after election day

that’ll state the 2028 race. she probably already has deals in place 

Since he took a shot at Haley today, I'm sorta guessing she's starting that fight early and has possibly told him to fuck right off when asked to join him on tour.

Edited by wood

1 minute ago, wood said:

Since he took a shot at her today, I'm sorta guessing she's starting that fight early and has possibly told him to fuck right off when asked to join him on tour.

Guessing someone on the campaign floated that town hall thing to the media and he would never share a stage with her and just nuked her in that interview 

3 minutes ago, wood said:

Since he took a shot at Haley today, I'm sorta guessing she's starting that fight early and has possibly told him to fuck right off when asked to join him on tour.

lol. Greg Abbott thinks Haley lacks a spine. She would do whatever Trump and associates asked her to do in the next 3 weeks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Captainant said:

No.  They don't.

The rules of the game have been set.  They are always set by the lowest common denominator.  Play by those rules, or lose.

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You have to win before you can fix the system. 

This.

The other team is out there swinging clubs and machetes every time you run a play from scrimmage.  Failing to use similar means just means you lose.

41 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

LMAO.  No.

Honest question.  Why do you think that this is not something that could happen?

We live in a society where people have opened fire in schools, colleges, movie theaters, restaurants, churches, shopping malls, etc.

The one thing that hasn't to date drawn fire is lines of people waiting to vote.

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, heso said:

I had a coworker try to convince me to vote for Trump yesterday. This was a smart, rational man that has apparently had his brain completely infected by right wing media. I’ve talked to him regularly for years. This is the first time he’s ever brought up politics. 

He’s full on maga. Was at the rally in Butler when Trump was shot at. 

I stood there dumbfounded at the level of bad faith arguments. There isn’t a single thing better under Biden than Trump. Inflation was entirely caused by Biden’s spending (CARES act and CRRSA act were completely necessary and had no impact on inflation, it was entirely caused by the American Rescue plan and the inflation reduction act). The entire world was at peace under Trump and is now on the brink of WWIII and it’s Biden’s fault. We shouldn’t be giving anything to Ukraine, equipment or money, because that war is unwinnable and it’s not our battle to fight. Russias economy is booming, doing better than ours because of this war. Illegal immigration was completely under control under Trump and the border is wide open streaming criminals in and Biden is doing nothing to stop it. Violent crime was way down under Trump and it’s skyrocketing under Biden. Did you see they just had to revise the statistics upward for 2022. There’s nothing wrong with the religious right pushing religion into public schools. “A little more religion in schools wouldn’t be a bad thing instead of trans indoctrination and critical race theory for 6 year olds.” Almost everyone wanted roe v wade overturned. Even Ruth Bader Ginsburg thought Roe v Wade should be overturned. Even on the most absurd Trump lies like he’s studied wind better than anyone. “Maybe he has. How do you know he hasn’t seriously studied wind.” What about Trump claiming he is going to cut electricity prices in half and double our electricity supply IN 6 MONTHS OF BEING IN OFFICE? “I’m sure there are several things he could do to pull that off.” Like what? “…mumble mumble cut regulations mumble mumble” and onto the next load of nonsense. 

And all of those perceived failings of Biden are directly transferable to Harris. 

This is a gainfully employed, intelligent, navy veteran who has completely swallowed trumps whole mushroom. 

How much money we spend/add to the money supply with the stimulus checks? As soon as they announced that, my 'Inflation' alarm bells started ringing in my head. 

14 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Honest question.  Why do you think that this is not something that could happen?

We live in a society where people have opened fire in schools, colleges, movie theaters, restaurants, churches, shopping malls, etc.

The one thing that hasn't to date drawn fire is lines of people waiting to vote.

I just think the odds are miniscule.  Zero?  No.  I'll donate another $500 to Mobile Loaves & Fishes if it happens, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

The fact that 34% of Americans in this poll think Trump is in better physical/mental health shows how deluded his base is. That said, it's certainly a reversal of fortunes from July. This guy thinks that attacks along these lines will continue and continue to work on voters. Also, it probably means we'll FINALLY see more stories about it in the news.

https://www.threads.net/@vincedmonroy/post/DBRP6sSRaVK

image.png.dc993fdb006937709197a52a016092d9.png

6 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I like how the media has gotten their fill of “but her interviews!” and now can finally move on to health concerns.  

Yeah, her seasonal allergies and occasional hives are disqualifying. 

Another late October visit to a not swing state. Perfect, he’s totally going full Hillary. A state that his campaign abandoned months ago 

A poll this week had Harris up 9 in NH 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Hawndoh said:

I don't think I've ever been in a line to vote longer than about 15 minutes.

Most of the time I walk right up and there are empty machines ready to go. The only delay is how long it takes the old lady at the desk to look at my ID, ask me if I still live at that address, and have me sign something.

You’re not being targeted with voter suppression tactics 

32 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I just think the odds are miniscule.  Zero?  No.  I'll donate another $500 to Mobile Loaves & Fishes if it happens, though.

They've already used the threat of violence as a political tactic.Trump's paramilitary goons pushed to go to polling places in 2020 and 2022. There were many stories about this (link, link).

Whether a shot is fired or someone is actually killed is besides the point. The goal is to intimidate people into not voting.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

just like here once we elected a black man president...boom, racism gone!

Exactly! cab but I've been going back and forth to South Africa for the past 20 years (was just there last week in fact) and racism in the US is just as strong as it is there. The refreshing thing about SA is that they actually talk about racism and what to do about it. For the record, everyone I talk to in SA -- across all racial categories, etc, and I mean every single person -- everyone wants Kamala to win. They went through 5 years of their version of Trump (Jacob Zuma) and see right through his bullshit. 

11 minutes ago, quigley said:

Whether a shot is fired or someone is actually killed is besides the point. 

No, it's not beside the point I responded to.  The assertion was made with confidence that someone would mow down voters:

I'll be very surprised if this actually doesn't happen this cycle.