2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Betting odds not looking great. Hopefully some people lose a fuck ton of money.

Betting odds are dumb af. I’ve said it many times. Especially when foreign money is pumping into those markets. Those people can’t even vote 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Also.....when other nations write their history books about how the mighty US came crashing down, the Citizens United decision will be the point-of-no-return in that story.  It is proving to be the poison from which we couldn't recover.

Remember when @washparkhorn was calling people who opposed it anti-union and celebrating Citizens United because it was “more free speech?”

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

2 hours ago, chainsaw said:

CCM not a good choice. I've been impressed with Jack Smith.

Well, remember, prosecuting crimes is a pretty fractional share of the responsibility of the Attorney General.  Most of the work of the DOJ is civil in nature and no less important.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

He legit seems dumber than usual.  His speeches are a free-association ramble of incoherent and irrelevant thoughts.

One of the most ludicrous and amusing is that he had heard of all these immigrants seeking "asylum."  He has that confused with insane asylums and thus has concluded and asserted that emigrant countries are emptying their asylums and sending people here.  And a corollary of that is constant reference to Hannibal Lecter, as someone who inhabited an insane asylum, or should be in one, or something like that.

Then there's electric boats and whether it's worse to be electrocute by the sinking electric boat or eaten by the nearby sharks.

He also looks like shit.  I mean shittier than usual shit.

I think we need to consider that there may be a one or more people in the upper echelon of his campaign that are trying to sabotage it.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

There are no rules anymore.

So the rest of us should stop being hamstrung by non-existent rules.

The internet should be overwhelmed with fake quotes by Donald Trump saying that he loves illegals, grainy deepfake videos of him sucking Putin's cock....all of it.  Whatever lies will turn off MAGAs from voting, flood the fucking zone with those lies.  Lies and fraud are the tools of the new era.  USE THEM.  WIN WITH THEM.  The rules are over.  Truth is over.  The rule of law is over.  JUST WIN.

Also.....when other nations write their history books about how the mighty US came crashing down, the Citizens United decision will be the point-of-no-return in that story.  It is proving to be the poison from which we couldn't recover.

Damn. Gotta love post-norms America.

Cross posting from the Ukraine thread:

It’s surreal to be trying to ascertain the depth of Putin’s grotesquely irrational, overwhelming hatred of Ukraine. Over the last decade, he:

- unleashed grandiose propaganda of hate and war not seen since the Radio of Thousand Hills

- ruined his lucrative relations with the West

- started a dirty and abominable proxy war in Donbas and shamelessly lied about it for a decade

- caused the deadliest shoot-down incident in human history with the MH-17 flight

- unleashed the largest war of aggression in Europe since WWII

- made his military suffer the most catastrophic losses since WWII (and lose exponentially more than in all Soviet and Russian wars after WWII combined), including close to 3,500 tanks and about 150,000 dead.

- recruited convicts en masse as suicidal cannon fodder and pardoned scores of the most violent murderers, cannibals, and maniacs

- gave the green light to a giant suicidal mercenary army that once almost dethroned him

- brought the world to the brink of nuclear holocaust

- made it to the wanted list as an international war criminal

- made nuclear threats a usual everyday instrument of global politics

- emptied seemingly bottomless Soviet-era weapon stocks -

begged Iran and North Korea for weapons, equipment, and munitions

- continues multiyear full-scale missile and bombing campaigns to strip a 40-million European nation of electricity and heating or at least to kill as many as he can

- made Russia an ultimate Chinese vassal totally dependent on Xi

- sent hundreds of thousands to die for his bruised ego in suicidal frontal assaults

- re-introduced human wave attacks as a usual reality of war in Europe

- erased entire regions and got a war on Russia’s home territory

And that’s all for the sake of erasing a country that’s only guilty of willing to live on, keep its identity, and stay independent -- which is a terrible offense to Putin and his insane lust for absolute power -- as well as his megalomanic perception of himself as a new tsar with a messianic mission.

But let's not forget something really important.  Read that list above.....and realize that Donald Fucking Dumbass Motherfucker Trump thinks that Putin is a great and brilliant leader.  Dipshit Motherfucking Ignorant Cocksucker Trump thinks that Putin IS A GODDAMNED ROLE MODEL.  COMING TO THE USA SOON: DECISIONMAKING AS GUT-NUMBINGLY STUPID AS PUTIN'S!

God I hate that dumbass motherfucker.  I hate him more than I thought humanly possible.  Choke on a fucking hamberder already and fucking DIE.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Get 'em with what? Overbilling, mail fraud? Oh, that's exciting.

It's not sexy, but it's got teeth! Ten thousand dollars and five years in prison. That's ten and five for each act. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Damn. Gotta love post-norms America.

We didn't make it a post-law and post-norms hellscape.  But it is what it is.  Play by the new rules.  And play to win.

The GQP decided to make it all Mad Max Thunderdome.  Groovy.  Let's fucking roll.  Two sides enter, one side leaves.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cross posting from the Ukraine thread:

It’s surreal to be trying to ascertain the depth of Putin’s grotesquely irrational, overwhelming hatred of Ukraine. Over the last decade, he:

- unleashed grandiose propaganda of hate and war not seen since the Radio of Thousand Hills

- ruined his lucrative relations with the West

- started a dirty and abominable proxy war in Donbas and shamelessly lied about it for a decade

- caused the deadliest shoot-down incident in human history with the MH-17 flight

- unleashed the largest war of aggression in Europe since WWII

- made his military suffer the most catastrophic losses since WWII (and lose exponentially more than in all Soviet and Russian wars after WWII combined), including close to 3,500 tanks and about 150,000 dead.

- recruited convicts en masse as suicidal cannon fodder and pardoned scores of the most violent murderers, cannibals, and maniacs

- gave the green light to a giant suicidal mercenary army that once almost dethroned him

- brought the world to the brink of nuclear holocaust

- made it to the wanted list as an international war criminal

- made nuclear threats a usual everyday instrument of global politics

- emptied seemingly bottomless Soviet-era weapon stocks -

begged Iran and North Korea for weapons, equipment, and munitions

- continues multiyear full-scale missile and bombing campaigns to strip a 40-million European nation of electricity and heating or at least to kill as many as he can

- made Russia an ultimate Chinese vassal totally dependent on Xi

- sent hundreds of thousands to die for his bruised ego in suicidal frontal assaults

- re-introduced human wave attacks as a usual reality of war in Europe

- erased entire regions and got a war on Russia’s home territory

And that’s all for the sake of erasing a country that’s only guilty of willing to live on, keep its identity, and stay independent -- which is a terrible offense to Putin and his insane lust for absolute power -- as well as his megalomanic perception of himself as a new tsar with a messianic mission.

But let's not forget something really important.  Read that list above.....and realize that Donald Fucking Dumbass Motherfucker Trump thinks that Putin is a great and brilliant leader.  Dipshit Motherfucking Ignorant Cocksucker Trump thinks that Putin IS A GODDAMNED ROLE MODEL.  COMING TO THE USA SOON: DECISIONMAKING AS GUT-NUMBINGLY STUPID AS PUTIN'S!

God I hate that dumbass motherfucker.  I hate him more than I thought humanly possible.  Choke on a fucking hamberder already and fucking DIE.

Yeah but at least Putin isn't a democrat.

Trump amazed Weinstein got "schlonged"

https://www.thewrap.com/donald-trump-harvey-weinstein-schlonged-democrats-dan-bongino/

Donald Trump said he was “so amazed that Harvey Weinstein got schlonged” by the Democrats since his political opponents usually protect their own.

On Friday, “The Dan Bongino Show” dropped a live podcast episode with the Republican presidential nominee where the topics ranged from Kamala Harris and Elon Musk, to the disgraced movie mogul and New York City Mayor Eric Adams.

“Democrats don’t have to be honest, they really don’t have to be honest, because they will never be accused of anything. It’s interesting,” Trump said. “I was so amazed that Harvey Weinstein got schlonged, he got hit as hard as you can get hit. Because he was sort of the king of the woke, right? And yet he got hit and I figured, maybe, he wouldn’t get hit so hard.”

“But boy — you don’t know him well, I don’t know him well, but I watched that and it was amazing. So when they do get hit, they get hit. But that’s the only one I can think of, normally they protect everybody,” he continued. “What they did with Adams, I think, is very suspect.”

Weinstein was found guilty of rape charges back in February 2020, though the New York Court of Appeals threw out that conviction in April. They ruled that Weinstein didn’t get a fair trial since the judge “erroneously admitted testimony of uncharged, alleged prior sexual acts” that potentially swayed the jury as the accusations were not part of the charges against him (a separate conviction in California allows New York authorities to keep him incarcerated while he awaits a new trial).

He has since pleaded not guilty to a new criminal sex act charge for which he was indicted, in addition to being moved from Rikers Island to Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan for emergency heart surgery last month.

Notably, this is not the first time Trump has used the term “schlonged” in this manner. In 2015, he used it in reference to Hillary Clinton losing her primary run in 2008, among other past instances.

Bongino describes himself as “a former Secret Service Agent, former NYPD officer and New York Times bestselling author” who hosts new podcast episodes every weekday where “he tackles the hottest political issues, debunking both liberal and Republican establishment rhetoric,” according to his podcast bio.

8 hours ago, Thatguy said:

If you are reading the tea leaves, the Trump campaign is telling us all we need to know by how they are moving. They have softened their stance on women's issues and he has even done an all women town hall. He has skipped a lot of interviews but didn't skip Univision and the barbershop bit tells me they feel they need to bolster the Latino vote. He knows to leave us the fuck alone. That said his rhetoric amongst women and latinos is downright suicidal, almost impossible to clean up even for a seasoned pro. Trump, however, seems to make it worse the second someone hands him a microphone. His town hall with women was awful from the moment go with what he said about the woman who died. Then watching him try to address mass deportation in fron of the latinos was downright comical.

Vance seems to be out of sight as well.  He might be doing rallies and maybe they are so pitiful nobody is covering them, but it feels like somebody in the Trump campaign knows he’s a drag in the campaign.  

Walz was on Rich Eisen today. Mostly talked football. Walz related a story about yelling at a ref that nobody calls that and the ref said "you know we call that, i called it on you in Nebraska" -this was in Minnesota.

Likeable and funny. Down to earth.

Political message was moving away from divisive politics and finding commonality.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We didn't make it a post-law and post-norms hellscape.  But it is what it is.  Play by the new rules.  And play to win.

The GQP decided to make it all Mad Max Thunderdome.  Groovy.  Let's fucking roll.  Two sides enter, one side leaves.

spacer.png

Different Mad Max movie, but you get the gist (also quite possible the coolest moment in any film)

• Like 1