2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, G650 said:

Not gonna lie, PA is the only thing keeping me sane. Which is insane in and of itself

The weird thing is, I don't feel like anyone (besides the shitty media re: the polls) is blasting the warning signs and tomorrow is 2 weeks out.

It feels like at this point in 2016, you already had Van Jones, Debbie Dingell in Michigan, Carville, etc. blasting the alarms and we all ignored them because lol, it's Trump, no way he wins (and the polls were wrong, for many reasons). 

Democrats aren't usually quiet when it's time to freak out.  And yet, besides the internet rabble, it doesn't feel like 2016.

Meanwhile, you have GOPers flipping out about Trump's mental decline/off the rails townhalls and interviews, the district polling signs, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Reading some reports of folks being heckled by MAGAs outside of voting locations in Wilco, be safe out there.

I’m finished with holding back in any way. If someone gets the slightest bit sideways with me while I’m voting, they are getting the STERNESTLY written letter of all time. 

and maybe a gaping head wound. 

Edited by hookemATL
I know it’s not a word, I’m just tired yall
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

Last election there were magatards trying to intimidate voters at the highland location.

AFD cruised up in their big fucking fire truck and unleashed a fire hydrant right at them.

It was glorious.

im horny GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Did a drive by of my voting location at lunch. The Harris county website said 11 minutes, but the parking lot was jammed and the line had to be an easy 100-150 deep. Line was probably almost as big as a football field. I'll keep trying until it's at a managable length. I did use the league of women voter website to print my pre-selected ballots for my votes with all the correct Judge tallies. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Did a drive by of my voting location at lunch. The Harris county website said 11 minutes, but the parking lot was jammed and the line had to be an easy 100-150 deep. Line was probably almost as big as a football field. I'll keep trying until it's at a managable length. I did use the league of women voter website to print my pre-selected ballots for my votes with all the correct Judge tallies. 

7am is the move. Was maybe 15 minutes or so

• Hook 'Em 1

I used to read the Economist regularly but it's been a while. They always had a bit of a lean to the right, primarily on fiscal and economic policy, sometimes on war, although with a somewhat unique British character. When did they go full MAGA? I've seen some social media posts from them recently just shitting all over Harris and praising trump and using clickbait headlines and not the more evenhanded intellectual headings I seem to recall.

Edited by 'stache

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

7am is the move. Was maybe 15 minutes or so

I drove by at like 730, it's hard for me to get out the door before 715 with the wife and kiddo, but yeah, if this continues I'll go wed or thurs morning and wait it out regardless. 

Just now, 'stache said:

I used to read the Economist regularly but it's been a while. They always had a bit of a lean to the right, primarily on fiscal and economic policy, sometimes on war, although with a somewhat unique British character. When did they go full MAGA? I've seen some social media posts from them recently just shitting all over Harris and praising trump.

Usually its because some asshole bought the paper. Let's see.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/aug/12/pearson-sells-economist-stake-exor

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I drove by at like 730, it's hard for me to get out the door before 715 with the wife and kiddo, but yeah, if this continues I'll go wed or thurs morning and wait it out regardless. 

I got there about 7:10 and was already at the gym by 7:35

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Exactly who is this gerbil dick Horn75 who is negging everyone?

He seems Boomer-y, MAGAT-ish. 

He makes a sweep every now and then. He also like to randomly tell posters "Go back to the cloak room", when they're talking about football. 

• Hook 'Em 4

32 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

The best thing about voting there is I can pick up paint and whiskey in a single stop.  

It's far superior to our next closest location, Balcones Woods, which is always super crowded. 

Also, don't forget about the site that tracks Travis County wait times. It's not always 100% accurate but it's still useful.

11 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Cedar Park rec center is the one I read about.

Im closeby and just tore off the sleeves of my button up.  Ready to vote and do battle (like Westside Story battle with dancing and songs, not fisticuffs my back hurts).

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, austingirl said:

It's far superior to our next closest location, Balcones Woods, which is always super crowded. 

Also, don't forget about the site that tracks Travis County wait times. It's not always 100% accurate but it's still useful.

Man, I used that once, I think four years ago. It said 0 minute wait and then when I got there a few minutes later there was a line around the block. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 days away.  My estimated odds of various outcomes:

Harris >319 (I breathe a sigh of relief and unclench my butthole for the first time since 2015): 3%

Harris 319 (Harris sweeps swing states, I beat off 3 times): 10%

Harris 276-319 (Close but not terrifying victory, life goes on): 33%

Harris 270-276 (nail biter likely marred by violence, life goes on, probably): 20%

Trump 281 (Trump wins PA, AZ, NC, GA, we’re pretty fucked): 25%

Trump 281-312 (Trump wins more swing states, we’re definitely fucked): 8%

Trump >312 (I abandon my family to become a revolutionary soldier): 1%

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1