2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

6 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Im closeby and just tore off the sleeves of my button up.  Ready to vote and do battle (like Westside Story battle with dancing and songs, not fisticuffs my back hurts).

I wish I'd heard this rumor before I left to vote, I'd have gone there. Went to the Staybridge Suites on 1431 (behind Shake Shack) instead. No hecklers, but one of the most inefficient setups I've ever seen. 55 minute wait and they had 6 machines crammed into the smallest conference room in the place. Line was longer when I was done. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just went to vote at the Multi-Service Center on West Gray. Line wrapped all the way around the building and through the back parking lot. Probably 400ish people in line. I bailed and am going to another location.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

The Girdusky dude is an oddball. He’s on Abby’s show on CNN a lot. I think he was once a Kerry voter, but all he does is whine about “what about this!” And never really makes a point. I think js explained it well as to what he was talking about. It’s the first time I’ve seen something like that be used as a positive talking point, but Rs are looking for anything right now. 

A table of random gibberish does not tell jack shit about whether the R's that are voting now used to be ones that waited until election day or not.

6 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

15 days away.  My estimated odds of various outcomes:

Harris >319 (I breathe a sigh of relief and unclench my butthole for the first time since 2015): 3%

Harris 319 (Harris sweeps swing states, I beat off 3 times): 10%

13% chance of jacking it... Nice

All the pictures of the dogs with the voting sticker made me think of Kristi Noem.  The sticker is probably where she shot her doggo.  Fuck Maga

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

it's gonna be 270 on the nose.  blue wall states, no sun belt.

I would personally be very surprised if Trump swept all of NV, GA, NC, AZ.  

Mark Robinson and Kari Lake dragging down Trump would just be *chef's kiss* 

• Hook 'Em 5

My wife planned on voting at the Randall's at Cypress Creek/Lakeline in CP on her lunch break but when she got there the line was out the door & down past Jet's Pizza. Wilco tracker has had it at a steady 45 minute wait all afternoon. I figure I'll tough it out after work around 4pm.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

My wife planned on voting at the Randall's at Cypress Creek/Lakeline in CP on her lunch break but when she got there the line was out the door & down past Jet's Pizza. Wilco tracker has had it at a steady 45 minute wait all afternoon. I figure I'll tough it out after work around 4pm.

Check AMLD on El Salido, too. I have never seen it more than 15 minutes (ever), but right now it's at 16-45 minutes. I usually vote around 4pm so maybe that's normal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I have that bag of drugs for you, I will drive by and toss it to you in line.

7 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Check AMLD on El Salido, too. I have never seen it more than 15 minutes (ever), but right now it's at 16-45 minutes. I usually vote around 4pm so maybe that's normal. 

That's my polling place.  Usually very quick.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

I am doing my best, but I am also moving to Denver on Saturday, so I will do my best to talk everyone off the ledge in between killing myself (fucking hate packing/unpacking) or on the road.

What part of town you moving to?  Get registered (although it doesn't really matter in CO).

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Man, I used that once, I think four years ago. It said 0 minute wait and then when I got there a few minutes later there was a line around the block. 

Like I said, it's not perfect, but one thing you can do when you click on a specific location is see how long ago the data was refreshed. That usually helps me - if it's been more than 30 minutes since the refresh, I get more skeptical about the provided wait time.

image.thumb.png.e8bd309f412fb93e405ce8c280cbd793.png

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The boy got his ballot in Germany.  Filling it out and express mailing it today or tomorrow.  I told him we'd cover the extra postage cost -- don't fuck around, and get it sent.

I have a Dr. appointment this afternoon.  There's a polling place nearby.  I may vote in the middle of the day, figure the lines will be short.

So, nevermind.  Polling place at 183 and Duval or so.....at 1:30, line was wrapped around the block/parking lot.  I'll give it a shot later this week.

But gotta love the enthusiasm.

However, it's in blue Austin.  It don't make a shit, Trump and Cruz fuck over Texas as easily as UGA did on Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Now that I've voted, who do I call to get the stupid fucking Trans-panic commercials off my TV? 

Suck it, libtard.  Once His Lord and Majesty Trump wins, all non-MAGA broadcasts will be banned.

Don't listen to me, listen to him -- he's openly stated he wants to revoke the license of CBS.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, nevermind.  Polling place at 183 and Duval or so.....at 1:30, line was wrapped around the block/parking lot.  I'll give it a shot later this week.

But gotta love the enthusiasm.

However, it's in blue Austin.  It don't make a shit, Trump and Cruz fuck over Texas as easily as UGA did on Saturday.

That’s the spirit!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Dems are turning out their voters now (or getting mail returns from) who are more likely to vote/typically vote, which means they have to do more work to get their low propensity voters to show up later, while GOP is turning out low propensity voters/don't usually vote now, which means they have less work to do later to turn out their high propensity voters.

But that data seems weird.  No one else is tracking that kind of data that I know of. 

That's a lotta words to say "everything that guy just said is bullshit."

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

WaPo

GA: Harris +4

Wi: Harris +3

MI/PA: Harris +2

NV: tie

AZ/NC: Trump +3

So if those held, how would that EC look?

(Spoonfeed me, please! I'm just an unfrozen caveman firefighter.)

• Drool 1