2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, staboner said:

in a healthy country not addicted to hatred and outrage, this would be what we would be discussing 1st and foremost. Its the easiest path towards reducing extremism and trying to save the republic. 

It's on the Colorado ballot this time around. Will be curious to see how that one goes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Well then. 

IMG_2902.thumb.jpeg.7586ab0a5161f6c0d9bf238f3f4f347d.jpeg
Dropped in a drop box at 7:45, get this confirmation 7 hours later.  After completing it at my leisure at home yesterday.   

Texas voting is…working as intended I guess. 

My brother lives in Mukilteo. He sends his home state brosef this kind of text every election cycle just to remind me what I’m missing.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

My brother lives in Mukilteo. He sends his home state brosef this kind of text every election cycle just to remind me what I’m missing.

My aunt and uncle live in Mukilteo. Small world.

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Thanks.  Does wearing my t-shirt that has a picture of a naked Arnold Palmer count as advocating for Trump?  

This one? Siap, this shit moves fast

image.thumb.png.14f6999b81d0b31ca5288b6f89f6bf24.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

33 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

This segment is a masterpiece of journalism. If you've never watched it, you should. Totally worth it. 

Just back from voting at Gus Garcia Rec Center on Rundberg. Wait time was about 30 minutes. About the least Trumpy looking group of people I've ever seen. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

A lot of you Austinites have mentioned voting at a Randall’s today.  Where is there room to set up a voting area in a grocery store?  Just curious. 

It's usually near the front in one of the corners, like by the pharmacy stuff. You spend most of your time outdoors. Although, once several years ago, the line stretched up and down through the grocery aisles (I believe most of my time was in the frozen food section).

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Right, and dotard must have NC for any chance so why wouldn’t he be spending time there?

I think the point was if he was leading how crypto bros, betting markets and right wing polling showed he would be playing offense (PA, MI, WI) instead of defense (NC). 

regardless, it’s a very close race. 

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Secret Service would be fighting off people who would keep dumping water on Trump and digging trenches in the sand to get him back in the ocean.

No, those people would realize they were a few days too late.

52 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Not to be a wet blanket, but I seriously don’t know anyone opposed to early voting anymore. I imagine it’s only a small number of very old and retired republicans. I think the final results will show that republicans and democrats turned out to early vote at roughly equal rates

I've earlier conceded that part of the turn is absolutely increased participation from Republican voters, that is undeniably true.  The devil is in the details though, the female vote and the non 2020 voter youth bump is real.  I'll have more updated info in the morning after the data dump for today.  Something I haven't done the last week is do a break down on a few rural Republican counties to see if this completely tracks, which I will do in the morning.  

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, locodos said:

ok nerds figure this shit out!

image.png

I’m so far really looking at total turnout thus far compared to 2020.

2020 was legit such a weird election with Covid and the huge early/mail and election day splits between parties.

We may never see anything like that ever again, or until the next global pandemic in 2121

We are seeing republicans go back to early voting again and democrats going back to Election Day voting. Mail voting down across the board as people actually going in person in a lot of states 

Edited by Js1

55 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

A lot of you Austinites have mentioned voting at a Randall’s today.  Where is there room to set up a voting area in a grocery store?  Just curious. 

At this one, there’s a little area that has tables and stuff where you can drink your coffee or eat or whatever

1 hour ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

Who the fuck shops at Randall's? There's tons of room.  Set up where you'd have product, or cashiers or really anywhere except the depends section or metamucil aisle.