2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

59 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I will never understand why Garland is such a fucking gutless pussy. why the hell was he chosen for that position? Musk's actions are  either illegal or not

The bold part has to be the most emphatically non-lawyer statement you could possibly make.  i’m not taking a swipe at you, I’m just saying that’s not exactly how law works. Things are very seldom binary black-and-white.  

I’m also not disagreeing that prosecution of the orange shit stain should’ve been quicker and more energetic from the get-go

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Harris killing it on CNN. Policy details, clear and concise 

I dislike that Harris can’t just say that grocery prices aren’t coming down. I know that we would all love our grocery bill to drop 25% but it’s impossible and actually would be detrimental at this point. What we need is what is occurring where wages and expenses are finding a new equilibrium.

are all workers willing to turn their wages back to 2019 levels to get groceries back to 2019 levels? I vote no to that.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 3

51 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I had a huge crush on her. Holy shit he groped Stacey Williams and was not instantly struck down by God for desecrating an angel? This is why Atheists are probably right.

I mean I guess first he fucks my country so I shouldn't be upset he sexually assaulted my teenage crush. There is nothing sacred to me this fucker doesn't feel entitled to.

Trump thinks Longhorn Baseball is trash, has no history, and that the aggies are the real flagship program in the state and give him proper respect.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Nope, wouldn't matter, at all. There is literally only one thing that could come out and lose him the election, if he gets on stage and admits that he's been a liberal plant all along to prove how stupid republican voters are, then flips them all off and calls them losers. Even then, he'd probably only lose enough votes to lose the election, the vast majority would think he was just joking and that his words "owned the libs" somehow.

Grab them by the Pussy !!!!

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

She has to walk a shitty line to avoid saying price controls 

Yeah I know why it comes out so awkward. But if she’s going to raise the specter of companies out of control, make it easy to understand. The pandemic brought cheaper prices then a lack of supply when everything opened back up raised the prices and they’ve kept them there. I also agree they aren’t ever coming down. People think they want inflation to reverse, but they don’t realize that if deflation actually happens, then the economy is really shitty

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Normal stuff.

Jesus.

I feel like we're a year or two away from them wearing little fake gold Trump medallions around their necks and building actual altars to him, probably where they've burned down synagogues and mosques.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

Taking too long to actually answer the questions. Don't need to hear about her mom or her upbringing anymore.

people - we don't even know who she really is yet!

also people - she needs to stop telling us about herself!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The bold part has to be the most emphatically non-lawyer statement you could possibly make.  i’m not taking a swipe at you, I’m just saying that’s not exactly how law works. Things are very seldom binary black-and-white.  

I’m also not disagreeing that prosecution of the orange shit stain should’ve been quicker and more energetic from the get-go

All lawyers: It's been four fuckin years. In many cases 8 fucking years. Your sacred profession seems like it sucks. 

Take your millstone of justice and stick it up your ass.  (Respectfully of course)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Why is Anderson cooper being a cunt about the border?  He keeps asking why didn’t she do something 2 years ago.  She said they were trying to get a permanent solution via Congress.  That should be the end of it but he kept asking.  Is he trying to seem fair or something?  He is com8ng across like Sean Hannity.

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She has to walk a shitty line to avoid saying price controls 

No she doesn't, because she didn’t ever propose them. What she proposed is as far off from price controls as it is from disaster response- giving out water and blankets and shit. Anyone who conflates the two is outing themselves as necessarily an ignoramous or a shameless liar. 

Don’t shill GOP narratives, even when you they anre technically or narrowly true and ESPECIALLY when they’re fundamentally wrong and completely off base.

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Why is Anderson cooper being a cunt about the border?  He keeps asking why didn’t she do something 2 years ago.  She said they were trying to get a permanent solution via Congress.  That should be the end of it but he kept asking.  Is he trying to seem fair or something?  He is com8ng across like Sean Hannity

He’s buying access from future Republican guests. Democrats just dont work the refs as well as Republicans.

6 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Yeah I know why it comes out so awkward. But if she’s going to raise the specter of companies out of control, make it easy to understand. The pandemic brought cheaper prices then a lack of supply when everything opened back up raised the prices and they’ve kept them there. I also agree they aren’t ever coming down. People think they want inflation to reverse, but they don’t realize that if deflation actually happens, then the economy is really shitty

And companies can’t really lower prices now because their employees have all received wage increases that won’t come down. And they also have suppliers who won’t drop their prices. We had craziness for a couple of years but prices have now stabilized.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I wish she would be more clear about the price of groceries. She came close. Prices went up after the pandemic and companies kept them there even when the economy recovered and she wants to address that

The hardest thing for Dems to do is explain why prices went up. You just can’t have that type of specific discussion. They need to walk down the aisles and show how corporate mergers and brand purchases have caused price increases. Without regulation during the Trump years, we essentially have been reduced from 6 or 7 groups owing everything to 2 or 3 depending on the aisle. That’s an easy sell if people are listening but way too difficult when people just want lower prices. And Trump is offering that without any reasoning. And his desire to help these companies even more will lead to even higher prices. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

As a veteran and former voter for Republicans I am perpetually disgusted by everything Trump and his supporters do. Fuck them all to hell. Every one of them. Many should be imprisoned for their behavior and the people of color who vote for him deserve to be rounded up and deported immediately if he is elected ( as he’s essentially promised). 

Here’s a little voting anecdote for y’all. We’re south Austinites. My 50-something year old wife grew up with evangelical “Christian” Republican parents like me. We met as kids in church. She protested for the anti-abortion position at the Jimmy Carter Democratic National convention as a teen. Since we’ve been married she’s been very disinterested in politics and I would always have to try to talk her into voting and she would frequently be “too busy” to vote or “forget” to vote. Since Monday morning she’s been begging me to go vote with her. Totally new behavior for her. She also asked me to help her put together a voting list that has zero Repubs on it and as many anti-Republican positions as possible. She is disgusted by Trump and our parents who support him.

She dragged me to the polls twice on Monday and twice yesterday, but the long lines deterred her. Last night after dinner she asked me if I wanted to try again to go vote with her. I said, nah, I’ll try again on Thursday since I had a business trip today. So she left by herself but the line was long again and she bailed. While I was on my flight this morning, she texted that she was in line to vote. And had waited almost an hour.  I nearly cried. So proud!

Next time just drive out to Lakeway and have a nice lunch at Artemis in Bee Cave (known progressive owner) and enjoy zero wait at polls at least, and short lines for delicious Med cuisine.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

The hardest thing for Dems to do is explain why prices went up. You just can’t have that type of specific discussion. The only want to do it is to walk down the aisles and show how corporate mergers and brand purchases have caused price increase. Without regulation during the Trump years, we essentially have been reduced from 6 or 7 groups owing everything to 2 or 3 depending on the aisle. That’s an easy sell if people are listening but way to difficult when people just want lower prices. And Trump is offering that without any reasoning. And his desire to help these companies even more will lead to even higher prices. 

Good points. Too many people look to the President to fix everything.

“Undecided voter Eddie here. Ms. Harris what policies will you enact on day 1  that will get me to exercise before work each day? I also hate that my backyard needs to be mowed once per week in August. Can you stretch that out to 2 weeks?”

6 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

What is so hard about saying “if building some form of a wall will bring enough Republicans into the fold to support a bipartisan bill, I would endorse such a compromise”. 

Because then Republicans wouldn't have Anything to run on, The Dog has caught the car far to many times on too many issues. They can't fix the border; it's all they have left to run on.

13 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Why is Anderson cooper being a cunt about the border?  He keeps asking why didn’t she do something 2 years ago.  She said they were trying to get a permanent solution via Congress.  That should be the end of it but he kept asking.  Is he trying to seem fair or something?  He is com8ng across like Sean Hannity.

He's always been a cunt?  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Good points. Too many people look to the President to fix everything.

“Undecided voter Eddie here. Ms. Harris what policies will you enact on day 1  that will get me to exercise before work each day? I also hate that my backyard needs to be mowed once per week in August. Can you stretch that out to 2 weeks?”

I really think this country went way off the rails when we lost sight of what the President's role actually is. I know a lot if it is from FDR and the new deal but still, the President can't do much unilaterally and our electorate just doesn't seem to understand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Normal stuff.

This is the purest manifestation of fascism. These people hate freedom because they hate the concept of self determination. The modern world is too scary for them and they need someone to tell them what to do and make it feel like it did when they were children.  They feel deep into their fucking bone marrow that they need a king and if they need a king everyone else obviously does too.

• Hook 'Em 6

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

And there won’t be any price controls. There are risks to living in a capitalistic system when demand outgrows supply. 

There’s a world of difference between price controls and profit controls.  Profit controls on certain industries or even certain items might be palatable.  We’ve never claimed to function as a true capitalist society. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Because then Republicans wouldn't have Anything to run on, The Dog has caught the car far to many times on too many issues. They can't fix the border; it's all they have left to run on.

Agreed. This was more in response to Anderson’s direct question to her about “do you think building a wall is stupid now”.  She kept dancing around the question instead of taking it head on with a direct answer.