2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

If 2022 is any indicator, Js1 had his finger on the pulse much better than any national pundit.

2022:

Dems have good leads in pivotal seats through mid-Oct

Mid to late Oct, spam polls start pulling the averages right for no reason. 

Before Election Day, now Oz and Masters are leading and it’s a red wave! Omg, early voting stats looks awful for Dems 

Election Day: oh, Dems turned out on Election Day. And all the polling was really wrong, it was basically what was the state of the races at the start of October 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

The WSJ issued a new national poll today that shows Trump ahead by 2. Any national poll with Trump ahead should be immediately thrown out. There is no way he’s coming out ahead in the popular vote.

Its amazing that people get paid to publish this bullshit.

Angry Joe Biden GIF by Election 2016

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Bad national polls? Really? +3 in TIPP and YouGov and +5 Marist 

Oh I see, Trump’s pollster (Trump +3) and HarrisX, which is always very good for Trump (Trump +1) and the Tory company in the UK must count 5x as much 

Silver is setting us up for 11/5….

Plotting Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

46 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I assume it's "Turning Point Action" in case you were being serious. 

I think that I'm profoundly insulted by that. Wait. Wait. Yes, insulted profoundly, Carton. 

One day, when you stumble half-drunk to the Old Baily, I will be there. I will step out of Jarndyce and Jarndyce long enough to even this score. Prepare for a caning, sir!

35 minutes ago, otisdog said:

I was 62 miles from the Spokane airport....Ritzville, which is by no means a wealthy burg.

The most expensive single sandwich that I can price out at a San Diego McDonald's a block from the ocean is a double quarter pounder with bacon for $9.49. The filet of fish is $5.39. $5.99 for a crispy chicken. Still ridiculously expensive for McDonald's quality food, but the location you went to must have been engaging in some pretty serious price gouging to get to $10 for a fish sandwich and $13 for chicken.

Edited by aggie08

1 hour ago, otisdog said:

No shit....I went to a Mcdonald's in eastern Washington to buy my dog a 1/4 pound patty to reward him for his great day in the field and  was flppred by the prices...filet of fish was more than $10, and a crispy chicken sandwich was more than $13. His patty was $4.75.

You could have given him his own vomit, and he would have been just as pleased.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Dumb question:

We get exit polls on Election Day. Are the returns you guys are posting the same thing? If not, why aren’t there exit polls now?

I think most of the conversation has been on the actual polls - you know, the important one that determines who is elected.  

Exit polling used to be used as a way to estimate who was going to win before the polls closed and votes were counted.  But, it was determined that could actually depress voting for the team that was perceived as losing by a significant margin.  So, folks don't do that anymore.  Now they are used to estimate stuff that doesn't show up in government polls - like demographic splits, when someone made up their mind, what issues were important to them, etc..  It's probably better in some ways than the pre-election polling because you know these people voted and it likely has a better answer rate.  Although, since it's not done at every polling station, so there may be some bias there. 

44 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

If sucking dick is that effective, then why aren't you president yet?

LOL.  I was wondering if Horn75 was our famous "will suck dick for drugs" poster.  So hard to keep up with the changing names.   There really should be a disclaimer on each of his posts under his various names that reads "*** WARNING-   This poster is a drug addicted sex worker" .  NTTIAW with sucking dick, if that's your thing, but being a drug addicted sex worker makes his various posts and opinions make a lot more sense. 

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The most expensive single sandwich that I can price out at a San Diego McDonald's a block from the ocean is a double quarter pounder with bacon for $9.49. The filet of fish is $5.39. $5.99 for a crispy chicken. Still ridiculously expensive for McDonald's quality food, but the location you went to must have been engaging in some pretty serious price gouging to get to $10 for a fish sandwich and $13 for chicken.

His numbers have to be the combo prices. 

20 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

can we get serious for a minute?

y'all can bag on chili's all you want, but there is not a chain within 7 miles of me in any direction, and the closest chili's is 9+ miles away. i know in texas, 9 miles takes 9 minutes, but here that's like an hour. some nights, i would kill half of you for a nice chicken ranch sandwich. they basically invented the buffalo chicken sandwich as far as i'm concerned, and have gotten no real props for that.

sorry to get all real with you, but there are more serious issues in the world than the presidential election.

as you were.

Look at what  you've become. I knew married life wasn't for you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

y'all can bag on chili's all you want, but there is not a chain within 7 miles of me in any direction, and the closest chili's is 9+ miles away. i know in texas, 9 miles takes 9 minutes, but here that's like an hour. some nights, i would kill half of you for a nice chicken ranch sandwich. they basically invented the buffalo chicken sandwich as far as i'm concerned, and have gotten no real props for that.

sorry to get all real with you, but there are more serious issues in the world than the presidential election.

as you were.

Since you seem like a Chili's connoisseur, have you had a chance to try the Nashville hot cheese sticks? 

24 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

as you were.

Chili's was always my go-to if I was on a business trip that lasted more than 3 nights.  First three nights I would seek out interesting, local restaurants.  By the fourth night, I was tired and just wanted to go to some place that was easy.  

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

Chili's was always my go-to if I was on a business trip that lasted more than 3 nights.  First three nights I would seek out interesting, local restaurants.  By the fourth night, I was tired and just wanted to go to some place that was easy.  

also i won't stand idly by while chili's gets lumped in with applebee's. i'm honestly not sure if i've ever been to an applebee's.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Recently-retired, 18-term Republican house member Fred Upton from Michigan slams Dotard and endorses Kamala.

https://www.mediaite.com/election-2024/hes-just-totally-unhinged-trump-scorched-by-18-term-gop-congressman-from-michigan-who-announces-hes-endorsing-harris/

Former Rep. Fred Upton (R-MI), who served 18 terms in Congress before retiring last year, is endorsing Vice President Kamala Harris — issuing a scathing condemnation of his own party’s nominee, former President Donald Trump.

Upton told The Detroit News that he was voting for Harris — his first time supporting a Democrat for president, although he has split his ticket on other down-ballot races in the past — because Trump had “not changed his colors” and continued pushing his baseless claims about fraud in the 2020 election.

“Watching Trump day after day, he’s ignored the advice of many senior, respected Republicans to stay on the issues,” said Upton.

“Instead, he’s still talking about the election being stolen, trashing women left and right. He’s just totally unhinged,” he added. “We don’t need this chaos. We need to move forward, and that’s why I’m where I am.”

Upton told The Detroit News that he had spoken with Harris’s running mate, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, on Wednesday. The two served together in the House for twelve years.

“They want to get things done, and the only way to get that to happen is to work on a bipartisan basis. I’m convinced that Harris has more ability to do that than Trump,” said Upton about a Harris-Walz administration, praising their support for the bipartisan immigration bill that Trump derailed and commitment to work across the aisle on Ukraine, inflation, and other issues.

“I’m convinced that those of us who are willing to stand up now will be at the table as we try to chart a path to resolve these issues. They are too important to ignore,” he said. “At some point, the country has to come ahead of party, and that’s what this is all about.”

Upton was one of the Republicans who voted to impeach Trump, drawing his ire — and then gloating after Upton announced his retirement. He has also been an outspoken critic of Republicans who have refused to accept the 2020 election results or tried to downplay the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol riot.

• Hook 'Em 6

44 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I took away from the story the Epstein angle.  I wonder if there is going to be a push to really elevate that aspect of his groping and creepy history.  

donald-trump-jeffrey-epstein.gif

Everybody knows. (Leonard Cohen)

If he has his hand fully up Ivanka's dress as he's trying to shove his tongue in her mouth, there might be a kerfuffle. Or a female who actually looks like a minor, I suppose. If the female is 15 buy looks 19, nobody dedicated to this POS will care. Fake news.

We've seen it all with this guy. It's right in front of all of us. He would have to have a moment like Lonesome Rhodes in A Face in the Crowd (essential viewing with Network) where he's caught on mic talking about how he controls the yokels and idiots who do whatever he says.

image.png.9070bb853bd3c561d049a9fff95b21f4.png

Trump has come close with his arrogant yet accurate remarks of how hard it would be for him to lose followers. Their hate and fear keep them true to their dealer.

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

As a young boy, I always thought of shooting for the stars in life.  Today, I know I've made it... my office is walking distance to the 45th and Lamar Chili's.  

Dream big, fellas... dream big!

• Haha 1
  • Drool 3

24 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I think that I'm profoundly insulted by that. Wait. Wait. Yes, insulted profoundly, Carton. 

One day, when you stumble half-drunk to the Old Baily, I will be there. I will step out of Jarndyce and Jarndyce long enough to even this score. Prepare for a caning, sir!

That's every day, sir. Your world is nothing but pure opportunity. 

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Seemed obvious that was going to happen. So long as the polling like that stays around 46 or fewer for Trump in these things it's good overall IMO.

You know, until the riots. 

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

also i won't stand idly by while chili's gets lumped in with applebee's. i'm honestly not sure if i've ever been to an applebee's.

Then how do you know they're not superior? You should sample it for yourself, if only to affirm your instincts. Take lots of pics. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, texasdago said:

As a young boy, I always thought of shooting for the stars in life.  Today, I know I've made it... my office is walking distance to the 45th and Lamar Chili's.  

Surly 1%er here, jeeze

4 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Pssshh. I can easily walk to a Chili's AND an Outback Steakhouse. From my HOUSE. Your move, big shot.

54 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

*looks directly in camera* 

I’d like to tell you about the rebirth in quality happening at Subway, but Chili’s is just too damn good right now.

IMG_0658.jpeg

Does Chilis sell chili any more? I couldn’t find it on the menu at Love Field yesterday. 

45 minutes to vote this morning at the Randalls at Brodie and Slaughter. Special thanks to the young lady with very fit tan legs and a firm ass wearing white see through running shorts and white panties 5 people in front of me. Made the wait a lot easier. 

Edited by MidTexHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

Does Chilis sell chili any more? I couldn’t find it on the menu at Love Field yesterday. 

Good bless them for not selling chili before people step onto a plane. 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

image.thumb.png.85cf75c69f7e96d5f9e5dd5c0e97eca8.png

Wow, maybe it is really looking bad for the GOP if they're doing this shit again.

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Map of PA

Probably less of the wealthier small donor base piece and more simply having more small donors; the GOP leans more on megadonors (relativly speaking - plenty of that money on the Democratic side obviously).

57 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Dumb question:

We get exit polls on Election Day. Are the returns you guys are posting the same thing? If not, why aren’t there exit polls now?

It's already really hard to get a workable sample when you're spending days cold calling until you git your numbers. Trying to do that with the limited subset of people out voting early is even harder.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Chili's fucks, especially their chips and salsa fukkin' come at me

watery tomato juice with no spice.  the chips are fine, but the bagged sea salt HEB version is superior.

The burger (and the chicken buffalo ranch i guess) is/are the only constant that has withstood the test of time.  All other previously decent things about Chili's have fallen victim to the enshittification principle.  

38 minutes ago, immamac said:

How many other and republicans are voting kamala? That's the key question that no one had good data on. I suspect it's quite a few.

And this will be another area where maga will cry “stolen” and “rigged” because they will see the number of R voters but they won’t have the cognitive capability to realize not all R voters voted for turnip. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1