2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

And this will be another area where maga will cry “stolen” and “rigged” because they will see the number of R voters but they won’t have the cognitive capability to realize not all R voters voted for turnip. 

Be sure to check your printed ballot! shenanigans in "x county" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, texasdago said:

As a young boy, I always thought of shooting for the stars in life.  Today, I know I've made it... my office is walking distance to the 45th and Lamar Chili's.  

Dream big, fellas... dream big!

45th & Lamar - LAST CHANCE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

that's one thing I like about the Texas ballots - you get a printout at the end that you can review. one last firewall before it gets counted. it could still get fucked with from there, I know, but at least there is the appearance of layers of security

You get 2 reviews - on screen and printed.

And yet they still cry that the votes are being switched.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

54 minutes ago, immamac said:

How many other and republicans are voting kamala? That's the key question that no one had good data on. I suspect it's quite a few.

I agree. The "silent" trump voters from 2016 and to some extent 2020 were republicans who knew he was flawed but voted for him anyway without talking about it in open company. I think they are now silent "Kamala" voters because he's now the undisputed leader of the party and being a republican that doesn't support trump is traitorous in those circles, but to them, the bluster and bullshit has become too much. I think it's far more likely Kamala wins an electoral landslide than trump wins straight up. God damnit I hope I'm right.

• Hook 'Em 5

15 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

that's one thing I like about the Texas ballots - you get a printout at the end that you can review. one last firewall before it gets counted. it could still get fucked with from there, I know, but at least there is the appearance of layers of security

Is this something you have to ask for?

Or do you mean the last page on the electronic ballot where everyone you voted for is listed?

Edited by David Dennison

In a sane country, Upton’s endorsement would equate to a landslide. Instead we get a likely Trump victory. I have no desire to hear why people decided to vote for him at this point but I am sure we are going to get about 200 NYT articles about it. 

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I’d love to see the numbers from Westmoreland, Washington, or Lancaster counties before I get too excited about those numbers. I expect she’ll do fine on the eastern 1/3 of the state. I’m more concerned about the western half. 

41 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

watery tomato juice with no spice.  the chips are fine, but the bagged sea salt HEB version is superior.

The burger (and the chicken buffalo ranch i guess) is/are the only constant that has withstood the test of time.  All other previously decent things about Chili's have fallen victim to the enshittification principle.  

They had better still serve the chicken crispers with honey mustard. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They had better still serve the chicken crispers with honey mustard. 

Yes they still have the kids menu, and yes we will get you a dessert, and yes you can watch your tablet while mommy and I send dank memes to each other on our phones.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Yes they still have the kids menu, and yes we will get you a dessert, and yes you can watch your tablet while mommy and I send dank memes to each other on our phones.

Eating like a child/teenager is the only reason to go to Chili's. 

3 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I know Muslims in Michigan has been belabored to death, though maybe not quite as much as Applebee's vs Sonic. As someone whose father is a Muslim in Michigan I have a perspective. I thought this was a good read and reminder. Even in the circles I know on that side of the family and people they associate with, opinions sway wildly. Pops is Kamala all the way for the record. 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/10/24/2279008/-Here-s-how-Harris-and-Trump-are-doing-with-Arab-American-voters?pm_campaign=front_page&pm_source=top_news_slot_1&pm_medium=web

I can’t fathom how Trump, he of the Muslim ban, who moved the embassy to Jerusalem, who doesn’t care about Palestinian statehood, who says he’ll let Netanyahu “finish the job,” who thinks any Muslim who isn’t oil-rich and giving him money is a terrorist, receives any support from the Arab/Muslim community at all. 

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I don't know who needs to hear this but Kamala is going to fuck shit up and we are going to win this fucking election! It won't be close.

LFG!!!!!!!!!!!

clap please GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Is the Nate Silver part of that graphic real? EVERY swing state?

Nate Silver almost certainly has a large bet on Kamala winning and has been using his model to move the line in betting markets toward Trump to get him a bigger payout.

38 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Is this something you have to ask for?

Or do you mean the last page on the electronic ballot where everyone you voted for is listed?

37 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No, you vote on the screen, it prints out, then you run it through a scanner. The printed copy is actually what's counted. 

This varies by county. It depends on what system your county uses. The two authorized vendors for Texas, Hart InterCivic and Election Systems & Software, each have systems that do not print the auditable paper ballot. Here in Harris County, we use the Hart InterCivic Verity Duo system, which does produce an auditable paper ballot.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I have a feeling some people who vote Harris are still registered Republicans. I don’t think an appreciable number of registered Democrats will vote Trump

Also unaffiliated should favor Harris a little imo. If the voting is fairly evenly split across party I think that is in her favor 

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

"Silver's analysis gives Trump a 24.4 percent chance of winning all seven swing states in November, making it the most likely scenario to occur. Meanwhile, Harris has a 15.6 percent chance of winning all the battleground states, the forecast shows."

I think the most likely scenario for our game this weekend is that Vandy beats us by 60. The second-most likely scenario is that we beat Vandy by 60.

• Haha 4