2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, locodos said:

Chili's talk and heartburn not going away...

the best thing on the menu that will absolutely wreck you

Appetizers Menu | Starters, Snacks, Finger Food - Grill & Bar Menu | Chili's

blech.  This is what they tried to feed the prisoners at Auschwitz. 

When asked why they would choose to starve instead of eating, they said "Chili's southwestern eggrolls?  Jew gotta be fucking kidding me"

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, heso said:

I’d love to see the numbers from Westmoreland, Washington, or Lancaster counties before I get too excited about those numbers. I expect she’ll do fine on the eastern 1/3 of the state. I’m more concerned about the western half. 

I assume they called those counties "Bellweather counties" for a reason, likely they mimic'd the overall state vote in some regards in 2020. 

8 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Chili's Chicken Frisco* Salad (at the old Greenville location in Dallas 30 fucking years ago, was my go-to healthy meal. 

30% of my blocked widowmaker was probably Chili's burger.

That was probably a 2k calorie salad. 

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

People like Silver should be taken to Guantanamo Bay and waterboarded until they tell the truth that they are flat lying about these numbers.  These people are criminals and bad for our country.  

• Hook 'Em 1

i'm enjoying the weird turn this thread has taken.

also you don't do lines off chick's asses, that's a rookie move. the hipbone is perfectly contoured for this type of mischief, and is located in a safe area close to fun areas.

or so i'm told.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

People like Silver should be taken to Guantanamo Bay and waterboarded until they tell the truth that they are flat lying about these numbers.  These people are criminals and bad for our country.  

If your model spits out numbers that say it's close to a coin flip that one of these two candidates (more likely Trump) sweeps all seven swing states, you need to stop and go "Now hold on a second, that can't be right...."

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I assume they called those counties "Bellweather counties" for a reason, likely they mimic'd the overall state vote in some regards in 2020. 

Reminds of those McDonalds salad shakers that were more unhealthy than their burgers.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

It's not just turnout - persuasion matters.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Seemed obvious that was going to happen. So long as the polling like that stays around 46 or fewer for Trump in these things it's good overall IMO.

Got to wonder how many are Haley voters who crossed over as well. Haley's performance in the various primaries:

NC: 23%

GA: 13% (withdrawn)

AZ: 18% (withdrawn)

Most Haley voters will "hold their nose" and vote for Trump, but a number will sit it out and another group will cross over. 

Also specific to NC - Robinson is a massive drag on the ballot for the GOP. 

GOP should have an election day edge so keep that in mind. Still, looks like Harris might be building a decent sized firewall in these states if this Marist poll is accurate.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

Nate Silver wrote a book this year about how much he loves Sam Bankman Fried, hedge fund traders, and poker players. He’s a fucking loser. 

Degenerate gambler who is mad his Covid hot take got laughed at 

• Hook 'Em 1

We had a Chili’s directly across the street from an Applebee’s within a couple of miles of where I live. Then the Chili’s burned down. 

Damn you, Applebee Arsonist. I will find you. 

That Marist independent voters in swing states poll is what we're talking about when we say none of the talk of polls favoring Trump makes sense when you really look at it. If Harris is winning early voting independents 54-46 in swing states then it's over, she wins. We are seeing things return back to pre-COVID patterns where Rs are more likely to vote early. With Ds holding even or slightly ahead in early voting numbers in most swing states, if Harris is also easily winning independents then it's over. 

Obviously we can't be sure that poll is the one that's accurate but it just adds to the evidence that the polls don't make sense. That WSJ Trump +2 national poll is just absurd. 

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That Marist independent voters in swing states poll is what we're talking about when we say none of the talk of polls favoring Trump makes sense when you really look at it. If Harris is winning early voting independents 54-46 in swing states then it's over, she wins. We are seeing things return back to pre-COVID patterns where Rs are more likely to vote early. With Ds holding even or slightly ahead in early voting numbers in most swing states, if Harris is also easily winning independents then it's over. 

Obviously we can't be sure that poll is the one that's accurate but it just adds to the evidence that the polls don't make sense. That WSJ Trump +2 national poll is just absurd. 

She's winning them by even more if you are referring to what I posted - those numbers are for all early voters in those states. 

but your point remains valid. the more surveys of people who have actually voted the clearer the picture will be - one way or another.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I kind of sort of knew that, but I can't remember the last time I saw a hard copy of my completed ballot.

I have only ever voted in the People's Republic of Austin, but the last few elections once you check in they hand you a blank ballot (except for the identifying information at the top) which reminds me of a scantron enlarged for old people. You insert that into the machine and then do your selections on screen. Once you are finished you review your selections and hit print. It then spits out the geriatric scantron with all of your selections printed on it, plain as day for you and god to see. You then take that to a machine where an election official watches you feed it in and then it is counted and stored. I assumed this was standard fare all over Texas, but maybe it's just here. i dunno. But i do like being able to review my selections on paper before final submission.

• Hook 'Em 1

I understand that those counties were representative of the statewide margin. The eastern half of PA shifted massively blue last election. The western half shifted slightly red other than Pittsburgh and Erie.

e049334c6392fdd6ad52bc02949de5a5.jpg

Westmoreland, Washington, and Butler county go from Pittsburgh suburbs on one side to hillbilly maga on the other side. I’m very curious to see how those counties swing.

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I have only ever voted in the People's Republic of Austin, but the last few elections once you check in they hand you a blank ballot (except for the identifying information at the top) which reminds me of a scantron enlarged for old people. You insert that into the machine and then do your selections on screen. Once you are finished you review your selections and hit print. It then spits out the geriatric scantron with all of your selections printed on it, plain as day for you and god to see. You then take that to a machine where an election official watches you feed it in and then it is counted and stored. I assumed this was standard fare all over Texas, but maybe it's just here. i dunno. But i do like being able to review my selections on paper before final submission.

That’s how it is in Harris county 

50 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Screenshot_20241024-125646.thumb.png.6ba0ac5e3a66127d5b32918d6566599e.png

Can I recommend something?

Y'all go get Ground News.

It's a news aggregator that has associated with every article:

- The source's bias, as measured by several independent orgs

- The source's factually, as measured by several other independent orgs

- Who owns the source, e.g. government agency, media conglomerate, etc

So when you see a story like this, you can click through and see all the stories like it, compare how it's being reported.

Also has a "blind side" feature showing articles one side or the other isn't seeing.

Above all, subscription is super cheap.

https://ground.news/

check it out

• Hook 'Em 3

56 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Screenshot_20241024-125646.thumb.png.6ba0ac5e3a66127d5b32918d6566599e.png

I hope Nate Silver got paid a lot by Thiel because he's setting himself on fire this cycle.  What's left of his reputation will be a punchline going forward.

Actually, on second thought I hope he didn't.  But the second part remains true.

Edited by Chewbacca

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

When I voted today, they hand you a paper ballot and a pen and you have to bubble in fully the squares you want to vote for. Then you feed that into a machine and hope the machine isn't rigged because you never get an electronic copy of what was registered.  

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

When I voted today, they hand you a paper ballot and a pen and you have to bubble in fully the squares you want to vote for. Then you feed that into a machine and hope the machine isn't rigged because you never get an electronic copy of what was registered.  

where are you?

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Yup. That’s how it went for me today in South Austin. 

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That’s how it is in Harris county 

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

where are you?

It’s like none of you guys read my post explaining this.

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Almost a pattern - insecure men who get laughed at drift to the right. 

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

It’s like none of you guys read my post explaining this.

Late October 2032 - royiv casts his vote for Republican presidential nominee Kid Rock

I kid, I kid. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

For those of us who grew up in the 80s and 90s on pro wrestling, who would have ever thought 30 years later Jim Cornette would be the patriotic bastion of reason and sanity while many of our own family members would become traitorous fascists and insurrectionists?

Also, can Sark please tell that traitor the Undertaker to stay the fuck away from our program?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

You not happy about the 'coons?

While we had our jokes about the coons nickname while in high school, Frisco was really Gainesville’s 2nd rival behind Sanger.

and they sucked donkey dick

3 hours ago, NAVY said:

Under NDA, but did some work for one of the big fast food chains. They had survey after survey that suggested their customers base wanted better quality and was willing to spend a bit more. So they reengineered processes and spent more on ingredients. 

No one noticed the increase in quality. Everyone noticed the increase in price. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

I was pretty cereal about Chili’s. I’m super cereal about the Subway revival that’s happening in front of everyone with no fanfare.

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Subway sucks, always has. 

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

No. 2006 Chicken and Bacon ranch was top tier. It’s back, and better.

Two hikers get lost in a canyon with no food or water.  After a day of rigorous climbing and hiking, with scraped knees, twisted ankles, and raw hands, they find themselves above the rim of the canyon with desert stretching out as far as they can see.  For another day, they hike under the most brutal sun that you can imagine, still with no food or water.  On the third day, they stumble onto an old deserted highway.  They following this highway for hours until off in the distance they see a single building.  They use every last bit of energy they can muster to run towards the building as fast as they can and find it to be a Subway sandwich shop.  As they stand there in front of the building, gasping for air, tears streaming from the dust-caked corners of their red, raw eyes, one of the hikers turns to the other and struggles to speak with his parched throat and swollen tongue... "You wanna keep going for a couple of miles and see if we can find something else?" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They had better still serve the chicken crispers with honey mustard. 

Okay fuckers, let's get some shit straight.

1) If you order the chicken crispers, you get them with a side of cream gravy like a man, not honey mustard like a kid.

2) Chili's chips and salsa have no relation to actual mexican chips and salsa.  Also, they are fucking delicious and I love them.

3) The SW egg rolls are fine.  Not the greatest, just...fine.

5) Chili's burgers are and always have been solid.  

6) Applebees does not belong in the same conversation.  Applebees is where you go eat with your 300 lb wife and your 3 snotnose kids, drinking cheap domestic beer and hoping that it numbs the reality of what your life has become.

Now, having settled that, let's talk about Hall and Oates.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1