2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I took away from the story the Epstein angle.  I wonder if there is going to be a push to really elevate that aspect of his groping and creepy history.  

I wonder if Jeffrey was related to COTA's Bobby Epstein. Both slimy af.

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

caught some right wing radio in the way the driving range …

per early voting and polling, could be 10%+ trump win. won’t be close 

The first step of the plan has always been to stoke the expectations of the base.  It magnifies the outrage when reality doesn't match.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

6) Applebees does not belong in the same conversation.  Applebees is where you go eat with your 300 lb wife and your 3 snotnose kids, drinking cheap domestic beer and hoping that it numbs the reality of what your life has become.

Several years ago, my wife was a bridesmaid in a wedding in Montpelier, Vermont.  Beautiful area; highly recommended.  We went up 3 days or so before the wedding, and she was occupied with all the stuff each day and night that the wedding party did.  Since this was pre-Uber, and my wife had our rental car...I was left to explore on foot as much as I could.

There was an Applebee's in the same parking lot of our hotel.  You can imagine what I had for dinner, solo, nearly every night.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

For those of us who grew up in the 80s and 90s on pro wrestling, who would have ever thought 30 years later Jim Cornette would be the patriotic bastion of reason and sanity while many of our own family members would become traitorous fascists and insurrectionists?

Also, can Sark please tell that traitor the Undertaker to stay the fuck away from our program?

Cornette is awesome. I could listen to him discuss politics or tell war stories from the territories days for hours. 

• Drool 1

3 hours ago, NAVY said:

Under NDA, but did some work for one of the big fast food chains. They had survey after survey that suggested their customers base wanted better quality and was willing to spend a bit more. So they reengineered processes and spent more on ingredients. 

No one noticed the increase in quality. Everyone noticed the increase in price. 

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I, for one, am so glad everyone has channeled their anxiety into talking about Chili’s instead of wetting their pants every 45 minutes 

Don't forget furiously masturbating to Aubry Plaza. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I agree. The "silent" trump voters from 2016 and to some extent 2020 were republicans who knew he was flawed but voted for him anyway without talking about it in open company. I think they are now silent "Kamala" voters because he's now the undisputed leader of the party and being a republican that doesn't support trump is traitorous in those circles, but to them, the bluster and bullshit has become too much. I think it's far more likely Kamala wins an electoral landslide than trump wins straight up. God damnit I hope I'm right.

You're not wrong. And a lot of us aren't all that silent now, either. Fuuuuuuck Donald Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Late October 2032 - royiv casts his vote for Republican presidential nominee Kid Rock

I kid, I kid. 

40 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'd have gone with Chainsaw, but that's good shit. 

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

This post went over my head. Can someone explain it to me like I’m a republican?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Like nobody has ever seen. 

The crazy part is we are in a world where they are questioning the intelligence of someone who not only was successful at everything she ever did, but found herself in leadership position after leadership position. There is no doubt in my mind that Harris was shift leader at McDonalds. 

I don't allow myself to wallow in thoughts about racism all that much. Sure I talk about it on here but I don't let it last long mentally. However, every once and awhile something will give me pause and make me really take it all in. When I was young, to get me to understand that I had to excel, my mom used to tell me that black people have to prove they are worthy while white folks have to prove they are not. Moments like these put it in perspective.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, royiv said:

I watched Rush’s syndicated late night TV show religiously every night before I went to bed. I lapped up everything he said about the Clintons.

I watched it in the mornings getting ready for school in like 8th grade and early HS. It was funny, he called in AlGore really fast like Frankenstein, hur durh. Apparently I was a fucking moron as a kid. 

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

This post went over my head. Can someone explain it to me like I’m a republican?

Nate silver was mocked and ridiculed, and has moved rightward, like so many white men who are made fun of and can't handle being mocked.
What he's saying is you're left now, but if we all keep making fun of your bad takes, you're going to end up moving right till you're Jordan Peterson.  Because you make bad posts on the internet.  

I believe that is a rough translation.

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like sometime between now and election day they might want to remind the electorate that Trump is a 34-time convicted felon who is still facing a shitload of felony charges, and who very well may spend the rest of his life in prison. You know, little things to know before you cast your vote.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I watched it in the mornings getting ready for school in like 8th grade and early HS. It was funny, he called in AlGore really fast like Frankenstein, hur durh. Apparently I was a fucking moron as a kid. 

Nate silver was mocked and ridiculed, and has moved rightward, like so many white men who are made fun of and can't handle being mocked.
What he's saying is you're left now, but if we all keep making fun of your bad takes, you're going to end up moving right till you're Jordan Peterson.  Because you make bad posts on the internet.  

To be fair it was more about how his post was ignored, not outright mockery. I stretched the analogy, one of my favorite pastimes. 

Why does everyone discredit Silver and say he’s shifted right? Because he posts predictions you don’t like? He’s a pretty well-respected mathematician that’s nailed every election except 2016. He hasn’t posted any personal political opinions that I know of. I wouldn’t be so quick to right him off. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I guess I’m not self aware that I post bad takes or that I’m being made fun of. Guess I’ll go fuck right off.

no idea if anyone watched kamala's town hall or the aftermath on cnn, but i watched the latter, and there was a segment with john king where he talked with 5 of the undecided voters in the audience. it probably lives online somewhere, but one interaction just got re-run on tapper's show just now, and it was basically a woman saying "stop with the insults, the voters don't care about that."

here is the disconnect that drives me fucking crazy. taken just as the soundbite ^ it's fine. it's probably good political advice, or at least was in the 70's or 80's, and fine in down-ballot or local races. but this is what is actually happening:

kamala - look at what he's done in the past, look at what he says he's going to do, he's a danger to democracy and to american citizens.

trump - she's a disgrace, she's really dumb.

voter - can we stop with all the mudslinging?!

YARN | Lord, beer me strength. | The Office (2005) - S03E20 ...

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Why does everyone discredit Silver and say he’s shifted right? Because he posts predictions you don’t like? He’s a pretty well-respected mathematician that’s nailed every election except 2016. He hasn’t posted any personal political opinions that I know of. I wouldn’t be so quick to right him off. 

Unimpressed Real Housewives GIF

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

YoureAnIdiot.gif.b6f44ee47982d71f000c3de63349a402.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

no idea if anyone watched kamala's town hall or the aftermath on cnn, but i watched the latter, and there was a segment with john king where he talked with 5 of the undecided voters in the audience. it probably lives online somewhere, but one interaction just got re-run on tapper's show just now, and it was basically a woman saying "stop with the insults, the voters don't care about that."

here is the disconnect that drives me fucking crazy. taken just as the soundbite ^ it's fine. it's probably good political advice, or at least was in the 70's or 80's, and fine in down-ballot or local races. but this is what is actually happening:

kamala - look at what he's done in the past, look at what he says he's going to do, he's a danger to democracy and to american citizens.

trump - she's a disgrace, she's really dumb.

voter - can we stop with all the mudslinging?!

YARN | Lord, beer me strength. | The Office (2005) - S03E20 ...

She was probably offended he was called a fascist.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

To be fair it was more about how his post was ignored, not outright mockery. I stretched the analogy, one of my favorite pastimes. 

Yeah, and now youre stepping on me stretching the analogy futher, you ladder-pulling-up-behind-you asshole.

1 minute ago, royiv said:

I guess I’m not self aware that I post bad takes or that I’m being made fun of. Guess I’ll go fuck right off.

Lighten up, Francis. He said he was kidding. It's surly, drive-bys are part of the fun. It's also why I suggested he should have gone with Chainsaw, to maximize the ridiculousness. 

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That's just wrong. 

He doesn't even make predictions. He gives percentages then flip flops. In 2012 he thought Romney would win after that first debate in October. Saying he's nailed a bunch of elections is like saying those idiots recruiting grifters nail their "crystal balls" when they change 20 times during a recruitment and finally the last second change when it's apparent where the kid is going. Then claim it as a win. 

At least that American University professor gives an outright prediction and doesn't change it. If anyone can claim to be right it's him.

21 minutes ago, Helobious said:

ding ding ding

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Undecided voters". Late October, 2024. Fucking people. 

Haven't we figured this out by now?

They're not undecided.  CNN tells them to lie.  Lest we forget the "undecided" voter from the September debate who admitted he was a Trump voter, CNN knew he was a Trump voter and they told him to show up "open minded" regardless.

• Hook 'Em 3