2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

27 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Why does everyone discredit Silver and say he’s shifted right? Because he posts predictions you don’t like? He’s a pretty well-respected mathematician that’s nailed every election except 2016. He hasn’t posted any personal political opinions that I know of. I wouldn’t be so quick to right him off. 

OKAY, I see you haven't been paying attention. That's fine but we're still WRITING him off. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

That's just wrong. 

He doesn't even make predictions. He gives percentages then flip flops. In 2012 he thought Romney would win after that first debate in October. Saying he's nailed a bunch of elections is like saying those idiots recruiting grifters nail their "crystal balls" when they change 20 times during a recruitment and finally the last second change when it's apparent where the kid is going. Then claim it as a win. 

At least that American University professor gives an outright prediction and doesn't change it. If anyone can claim to be right it's him.

Historian Allan Lichtman still predicts a Kamala Harris win

• Using his '13 keys' to the White House, he favors Harris' odds
  • He's accurately predicted nearly all presidential races since 1984
  • Harris, Trump neck and neck in several key swing states: Poll

46 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Why does everyone discredit Silver and say he’s shifted right? Because he posts predictions you don’t like? He’s a pretty well-respected mathematician that’s nailed every election except 2016. He hasn’t posted any personal political opinions that I know of. I wouldn’t be so quick to right him off. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Bullneck

"Pay no attention to my monthly recurring donation to America First PAC and the flags on my truck. I can't rule out the possibility that next week I'll have a massive stroke that completely changes my personality. Since there's still a metaphysical possibility that I might vote for someone other than Trump, I'm undecided."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

no idea if anyone watched kamala's town hall or the aftermath on cnn, but i watched the latter, and there was a segment with john king where he talked with 5 of the undecided voters in the audience. it probably lives online somewhere, but one interaction just got re-run on tapper's show just now, and it was basically a woman saying "stop with the insults, the voters don't care about that."

here is the disconnect that drives me fucking crazy. taken just as the soundbite ^ it's fine. it's probably good political advice, or at least was in the 70's or 80's, and fine in down-ballot or local races. but this is what is actually happening:

kamala - look at what he's done in the past, look at what he says he's going to do, he's a danger to democracy and to american citizens.

trump - she's a disgrace, she's really dumb.

voter - can we stop with all the mudslinging?!

YARN | Lord, beer me strength. | The Office (2005) - S03E20 ...

Beat me to it. Her comparison of it to 'High School' bickering was idiotic beyond belief. When you're pointing out that someone is a fascist admirer of Nazis and have facts and statements from people who worked closely with him, that is not 'Mean Girl' high school shit. It's important.

17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Haven't watched just looking at the thumbnail I'd assume back row blonde? @henrygandorf

close. the back row other woman.

it's worth a watch, it won't make you ragey.

front right and left say they are voting harris. back row blonde seemed to be leaning that way too. back row left seemed to be leaning kamala but wanted a cleaner campaign overall, but it was the way she spread blame pretty equally that put me off, as i posted.

front row center liked kamala, didn't like trump, but is a single-issue voter - abortion. or "right to life" as he kept putting it. he doesn't know if he can vote for her because of that. i will never understand people like that. if you're against abortion, you don't have to have one.

and if you're that guy and are able to have sex, just aim for the mid-level hookers, because kamala is going to fuck your economy up and sticking to a budget is important.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Pancho said:

"Here's why that's bad news for Democrats"
- CNN

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The dipshits that go on TV and participate in these "undecided voter" panels and give their reactions/opinions on townhalls or debates are the worst fucking people on Earth. Fuck everyone of them. 

We have reached the stage of the campaign where the undecided voter panel has replaced interviewing people drinking coffee at First Watch by the dead mall on a weekday at 10am. 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

close. the back row other woman.

it's worth a watch, it won't make you ragey.

front right and left say they are voting harris. back row blonde seemed to be leaning that way too. back row left seemed to be leaning kamala but wanted a cleaner campaign overall, but it was the way she spread blame pretty equally that put me off, as i posted.

front row center liked kamala, didn't like trump, but is a single-issue voter - abortion. or "right to life" as he kept putting it. he doesn't know if he can vote for her because of that. i will never understand people like that. if you're against abortion, you don't have to have one.

and if you're that guy and are able to have sex, just aim for the mid-level hookers, because kamala is going to fuck your economy up and sticking to a budget is important.

Back row blonde said later that upon further review she'd vote Kamala if the election was today. So 3 of the 5 swung to Kamala. Small sampling & all that, but I'll take it.

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The dipshits that go on TV and participate in these "undecided voter" panels and give their reactions/opinions on townhalls or debates are the worst fucking people on Earth. Fuck everyone of them. 

hundo p.

so my mother voted a couple days ago, and the normal spot she goes to was slammed, so she went to one by hcc. anyhow, it took 30-40 min, and she was in line behind 3 hcc students so they get to talking. they are all going to vote, because they get a grade bump if they do, so good for hcc i guess.

as they're getting close to the front, one of the kids asks my mother who he should vote for. apparently he says something like, "i'm a minority, so i should probably vote for kamala, right?" without regard for "what is right" and not wanting to turn a short conversation into a longer conversation, my mom just says, "yes."

long story short, by the time they reached the front, he realized he didn't have his id. or he knew he didn't have his id, but realized he needed it. so after 40 minutes, he had to run home and get it.

undecideds are not not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

hundo p.

so my mother voted a couple days ago, and the normal spot she goes to was slammed, so she went to one by hcc. anyhow, it took 30-40 min, and she was in line behind 3 hcc students so they get to talking. they are all going to vote, because they get a grade bump if they do, so good for hcc i guess.

as they're getting close to the front, one of the kids asks my mother who he should vote for. apparently he says something like, "i'm a minority, so i should probably vote for kamala, right?" without regard for "what is right" and not wanting to turn a short conversation into a longer conversation, my mom just says, "yes."

long story short, by the time they reached the front, he realized he didn't have his id. or he knew he didn't have his id, but realized he needed it. so after 40 minutes, he had to run home and get it.

I really hope my parents choose to not vote, but I'm betting they probably will.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Fuck is that?

Please. You act like you still don't support the entire catalog of Creed and your boy, Scott Stapp. 

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

hundo p.

Is it undecideds? Or is it kids going to HCC?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I, for one, am so glad everyone has channeled their anxiety into talking about Chili’s instead of wetting their pants every 45 minutes 

We can multitask. 

Edited by Dahobbs
Ugh, someone beat me to it.

7 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Given the lack of oversight, I see the biggest poly market risk is just not getting paid, or they unilaterally decide the election has too many red flags to resolve it. Then you just get a refund.

Predict It at least has a history of paying off based on the official results. The payout may take longer than you want but you can always sell a winning ticket to someone ok with the low arbitrage profit.

I hope the polls end up being WAY off. To the point of destroying the industry. 

It'd be one of the few bright spots in this horrid media and political landscape if no one could trust polling anymore. Remove the careful curation of messaging and policy and just simply lay out your plans and ideals. May the best campaign win. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Trump still spouting the Aurora lies, and now he says they're taking over Times Square, too. Also says illegals are, get this, flying into the country in planes, and just landing and infiltrating society no probs.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

missed it by that much.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

saw a clip last month, fox has been using the same undecided wisconsin couple and their social media is full of trump / maga