2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

7 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

My HS government teacher was the best fucking teacher I ever had, including college.  He got arrested a few years back for diddling his own granddaughters. 

He got you too?  Oh, noes!

6 hours ago, wood said:

Yep. I just thought the big, very sharp difference between SM and NB was interesting. There's no gradation at all. Just blue, then wham, red. What accounts for that? Is it the German factor that was talked about weeks ago?

That’s part of it, Big Sort and all. 

I also think that the old German pioneer, independent and yet community building spirit curdled into selfish NIMBY’ism.  The old German families resent the Mexican Americans that now outnumber them so the demographics are more like apartheid South Africa.  

The whole area is a really good example of the weakness of the state Democratic Party.  If they were capable of party buiding it would be a great candidate because the numbers are there.  

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

Wait, I missed this shit yesterday. This MF’er was given, accepted and kept a veteran’s Purple Heart?!?!

https://www.threads.net/@ronaldfilipkowski/post/DBfgTystLBB?xmt=AQGzkPfObqsAovaozifp_dHw8nF6sjic1uY2ghjrytBTcQ

As one of the comments said, that is next-level Boomer stupidity giving to turnip.

Add it to the wall of awards next to his McD frymaster pin 

11 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

Last week dropped my ballot in the mailbox of my "liberal" big city metropolis. Voted straight D.

Came of political age in the 80s and never voted for Ronnie Raygun, HW, W, or the MAGA Fuhrer.

For the remainder of my life, I cannot fathom voting R on anything. Ever. 

When we could pull the straight ticket lever, I said something to Reagan every time I pulled it. "There you go, buddy." " Fuck you, Ronnie."

I probably voted for a few GOPs before that, but never since unless my political party, The Austin Chronicle, recommended that I do in some state or local race.

12 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

That’s part of it, Big Sort and all. 

I also think that the old German pioneer, independent and yet community building spirit curdled into selfish NIMBY’ism.  The old German families resent the Mexican Americans that now outnumber them so the demographics are more like apartheid South Africa.  

That's some ironic shit, because the german pioneer families swore fealty to Mexico in exchange for land.

There's a lot of white flight from north and northeast San Antonio towards NB and Boerne and all points in between. And a whole lot of the people I know are moving/have moved into this belt at least in part because of its social and political conservatism. The whole area has been red for as long as I've been around it (~35 years). German Americans and others frequently fall into that category of R's that despise Trump but don't have the moxy to jump ship.