2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Sign vibe driving to my mom’s in south Montgomery county:

Less than 5 along 2978, which is mostly nothing and strip malls 

1 Harris/Walz sign in her neighborhood, right when you turn in, so she has to look at it every time she comes home 😂

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

battleground state tracking polls have been off by 3-4 points, and they tend to herd in the same direction. In 2008 and 2012, they underestimated Obama. In 2016 and 2020, they underestimated Trump. In 2022, they underestimated Democratic house and Senate candidates.  

The current polls (the good ones) are working very hard not to underestimate Trump this time.  So: these are the possibilities:
1) The polls are right and it's a jump ball, coming down to legal manuevers in close states, like 2000.
2) They underestimate Trump, because polling is just very hard.  He wins 300+ EVs and it's over early, like 2016.
3) They underestimate Harris, because polling is just very hard.  She wins 300+ EVs and it's over early, like 2012

d155d473-71cc-4ea8-a232-9464233463b6_tex

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

I was told originally it was going to be at Minute Maid.   Crane has supported Democrats in the past, but maybe didn't want the attention, not sure.  UH was likely a nog go due to school being in session, thus zero parking.

She should have done it at Kyle Field for the lulz…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BearSchlong said:

What’s the play? Scare trump into leaving battlegrounds and focus on playing defense in a state she has no chance of winning?

She's here for Allred.  

He's here to do Rogan.  Though I guess they could have done his show from anywhere? But needed an opportunity for Cruz to show up and suck his ass.

Which tells me Cruz is truly in trouble if both candidates are here.

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

NYT Article on the WaPo lack of endorsement is the most NYT article of all time. 

The New York Times’s editorial board, which operates separately from the newsroom, endorsed Ms. Harris for president on Sept. 30, saying: “It is hard to imagine a candidate more unworthy to serve as president of the United States than Donald Trump.”

just drove by shell stadium, it’ll be standing room only tonight …

1. not many ‘whites’, saw a couple of old hippie couples 

2. the amount of black/latin gf talent out there was off the scale. cray cray. it could be 70% females tonight 

3. extreme security set up. lot of streets already closed. response teams in place 

4. minute maid parking lots are already full

5. shell stadium is a good spot as it’ll be full. good set up for a political event 

6: I don’t think maga fills up that stadium for trump / cruz / lee greenwood / kid rock 

7. saw several big black church groups. they love matching tshirts 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

NRG is a voting site, so logistically would have been hard to shut it down for a rally 

Rockets play at home tonight 

Maybe Crane said no for MMP? 

UH campus might have said no for logistics 

Rice stadium?  It was good enough for a superbowl

One of the dudes who created a bunch of bullshit rumors on xitter, was allowed to exist by Mosk, and was amplified by Drumpf, "the Black Insurrectionist," has been doxxed. He's a white drug addict and tax absconder. Just like Drumpf only 27 years younger! 

image.png.ad1f66029a68a193ffca98a0f24d1f25.png

I'm not on xitter but here's a reminder of who this guy is:

image.png.7efbdeb01467a42a202e88df747f280c.png

The Black Insurrectionist xitter account was deactivated last week after the AP reached out to him for comment.

image.png.1bba656115c5087e54d60b34d5f7cde3.png

If you're still on xitter you're helping give voice to this kind of bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

just drove by shell stadium, it’ll be standing room only tonight …

1. not many ‘whites’, saw a couple of old hippie couples 

2. the amount of black/latin gf talent out there was off the scale. cray cray. it could be 70% females tonight 

3. extreme security set up. lot of streets already closed. response teams in place 

4. minute maid parking lots are already full

5. shell stadium is a good spot as it’ll be full. good set up for a political event 

6: I don’t think maga fills up that stadium for trump / cruz / lee greenwood / kid rock 

Talent? Sir, you mean voters. Hopefully.

Just now, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Think it was at like 10am this morning so Mack and the other MAGA voters in attenence could get to their early bird dinner reservations at 2pm on time

Can I get a 2 for 1 sale on old assholes having a coronary?

Edited by kevwun

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I’m in line now. Do poll workers appreciate “I can’t believe I’ve already voted 12 times” jokes?

One of the workers at the poll location at the Law Library downtown did crack a "This isn't Chicago I can only let you vote the one time" joke when I was there earlier this week

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So 11 days before the election and both candidates are in Texas? Hmm well ok.

It is obvious why Trump is here: to do the Rogan show. The guy who said he would never have Trump on, but I have given up on Joe awhile ago.

It does make me wonder if Allred actually has a chance against Cruz for Harris to actually swing by. But I dare not get my hopes up.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

It is obvious why Trump is here: to do the Rogan show. The guy who said he would never have Trump on, but I have given up on Joe awhile ago.

It does make me wonder if Allred actually has a chance against Cruz for Harris to actually swing by. But I dare not get my hopes up.

if the entire stadium votes after tonight, that’ll be a huge help 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Dear baby Jesus, please let Kamala win North Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona, so I won't have to hear a fucking word from my more outspoken family members from [checks notes] North Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona during Thanksgiving week.

This is how you know a person is southern....

• Hook 'Em 1

Done. Fuck Trump. Fuck Vance. Fuck Cruz. Whole fam + 1 friend.

Just got home from the church on Monterrey Oaks. 50 minutes from the time we got in line until we walked out the door.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I have to think they believe that Allred has a legit shot to knock off Cruz or else they would be out in a swing state campaigning

Team Cruz HQ:

Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It does make me wonder if Allred actually has a chance against Cruz for Harris to actually swing by.

She wouldn’t have bothered otherwise. This was legit a “try to get Allred over the line” type of visit. Or else she’d just be in Vegas or Phoenix or Detroit or Philly again 

Nothing you can do to Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos matters.  They have reached a level of insulation that they are beyond market forces, a new American aristocracy that is threatened only by, and answerable to, the king.  The dynamics here are playing out accordingly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Done. Fuck Trump. Fuck Vance. Fuck Cruz. Whole fam + 1 friend.
Just got home from the church on Monterrey Oaks. 50 minutes from the time we got in line until we walked out the door.

I chose poorly. Been in line at the Randalls on Bee Caves for 45 minutes and I don’t think I’ll be voting anytime soon.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Nothing you can do to Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos matters.  They have reached a level of insulation that they are beyond market forces, a new American aristocracy that is threatened only by, and answerable to, the king.  The dynamics here are playing out accordingly.

Like the Vanderbilt and Rockefeller clans before them you just have to wait until their fortunes get split into smaller and smaller portions as the generations roll by.

Granted in the case of Musk that shouldn't take so long since he seems to have a ton of kids.

Edited by Valmy77

37 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

35 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Only to be matched by the matching tshirt game of black family reunions at Disney World.

Or cruise ships

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I assume Harris may still appear on Rogan? No way he takes Trump but says no to Harris. That would go against his faux "both sides" persona. He embodies all things maga so it wouldn't surprise me if he did that, or if trump told him he'd only appear if Harris was not invited and Rogan gave in, but my impression of him is that he would not do that if for no other reason that appearances.