2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

The financial markets are now pricing in not only a Trump win but Republican’s winning both the House and Senate, according to a few financial Wall Street analysts. 

Good thing those guys are never wrong.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Many physicians I know are brilliant in a very concentrated field of knowledge, and painfully stupid in almost every other aspect of their lives. 

Troof. My BIL is a great example, and frankly, he says some real questionable doctorin' shit, too.

56 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

d155d473-71cc-4ea8-a232-9464233463b6_tex

Nope, but neither does your friend. He might be right and I understand why he thinks that. 
But under the circumstances that seems like the least likely scenario of the three. 

38 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Mumford? I’m voting for Trump.

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The financial markets are now pricing in not only a Trump win but Republican’s winning both the House and Senate, according to a few financial Wall Street analysts. 

Doesn't Donald Trump say something similar every time he's asked why the market is doing so well?

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

lol. You think that will shut them up? I think you’ll hear nothing but RIGGED ELECTION and conspiracy shit through to 2025

Nah, that that side of the family is your standard, educated, well-off, "I don't pay attention to the rest", how do my taxes look R voters. Good folk, just incredibly insular, low information, and naive. They didn't talk about rigged elections in 2020; they're too smart for that. But there was a lot of, "Well, at least we're still in a red state" from the North Carolina relatives, and some "I don't know how you guys can live in California, aggie08." Make it all blue, yo.

7 hours ago, locodos said:

csb: Was in the Athens airport waiting for a flight.  We were camped out in a crowed little airport cafe and an OLDER couple looked in hopefully to find a seat, but there was no room.  I told them they could sit with us if they liked and they gladly accepted.  I had the kids scrunch down the bench and we managed to get all 6 of us seated around the small 4 top.  The couple was quite old but clearly well travelled and they asked about our trip.  At one point I mentioned how in the Peloponnese the road sign and the city names never seemed to match up and it was slightly confusing.  But I also said that Greek seemed like a difficult language to learn and it probably wasn't worth the hassle.  With a rye smile the old man proceeded for the next 5 mins to tell me all about the benefits of learning ancient Greek. (who knew there were any!)  Evidently he was an antiquities/language professor of some sort at Yale.   Which was cool because I had had the kids watch Kagan's Yale course on the Peloponnesian wars.  He got a chuckle out of that.

PS the difference in the city names on street signs is if they are in Greek/Byzantine Greek/ or some other regional dialect of Greek. But they are used interchangeably.

reading the secret history impressed upon me the pointlessness of ancient greek

55 minutes ago, Chopper said:

One of the dudes who created a bunch of bullshit rumors on xitter, was allowed to exist by Mosk, and was amplified by Drumpf, "the Black Insurrectionist," has been doxxed. He's a white drug addict and tax absconder. Just like Drumpf only 27 years younger! 

image.png.ad1f66029a68a193ffca98a0f24d1f25.png

I'm not on xitter but here's a reminder of who this guy is:

image.png.7efbdeb01467a42a202e88df747f280c.png

The Black Insurrectionist xitter account was deactivated last week after the AP reached out to him for comment.

image.png.1bba656115c5087e54d60b34d5f7cde3.png

If you're still on xitter you're helping give voice to this kind of bullshit. 

There has been a serious change in the algorithm the past week.  Seeing a lot more crap in my feed.  I made a wise crack in response to some Trump trash that showed up and was immediately greeted with this. 

IMG_0431.png

• Rage+1 5

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I assume Harris may still appear on Rogan? No way he takes Trump but says no to Harris. That would go against his faux "both sides" persona. He embodies all things maga so it wouldn't surprise me if he did that, or if trump told him he'd only appear if Harris was not invited and Rogan gave in, but my impression of him is that he would not do that if for no other reason that appearances. 

If so, I sure hope she takes the opportunity.

But my impression is she has tried to go on the show and he has said no. But what do I know? I haven't listened to his show or followed Rogan news since 2021 or so.

Edited by Valmy77

5 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

There has been a serious change in the algorithm the past week.  Seeing a lot more crap in my feed.  I made a wise crack in response to some Trump trash that showed up and was immediately greeted with this. 

IMG_0431.png

The transition away from twitter needs to happen ASAP.  Someone (Threads?) needs to step the fuck up and make a concerted effort.

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The transition away from twitter needs to happen ASAP.  Someone (Threads?) needs to step the fuck up and make a concerted effort.

It won’t matter. No one is going to want to express their opinions after Election Day. 

50 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Nothing you can do to Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos matters.

I don't care.  I don't want to subscribe to a media giant that refuses to do its job.  Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos can sit, spin, and blow each other.  My $10 a month isn't gonna make a difference either way.

31 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I saw a similar report from a bank today. It was based on the betting markets and polling averages. After reading, I thought these guys need to pay more attention to @Js1.

42 minutes ago, kevwun said:

So traffic is apparently ruined in Austin because of Trump's visit.  Don't go anywhere near 71 or 35.

My daughter is trying to catch a 6 PM flight to the Bay Area for a couple of gigs tomorrow.  She's currently trying to make her way from ~ McKinney Falls to the airport.  Good luck, kid.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My daughter is trying to catch a 6 PM flight to the Bay Area for a couple of gigs tomorrow.  She's currently trying to make her way from ~ McKinney Falls to the airport.  Good luck, kid.

I have friends that were trying to leave for the weekend on 71.  It took them an hour to get to 290.

1 hour ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

I only put up with huge crowds very sparingly so think I made the right call not going to this, but it does look like its gonna be hopping at Shell Energy tonight

The rubes are saying the fans are paid & bused in, only there to see Beyonce lol. 

kamala-harris-kamala.gif

44 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

People are saying. 

• Rage+1 1

56 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

How would you even tell on Friday afternoon?

LOL... no one goes to the office on Friday in Austin.  They're either drinking, paddleboarding or drinking and paddleboarding on a SUP that is also drinking.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1