2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

6 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Given that no one has shown even an iota of being able to grasp his mantle, the party is going to fall into squabbling that we haven’t seen since the dissolution of the Whigs.  I honestly have no idea what follows him if he loses. 

6 hours ago, quigley said:

The GOP knows they need the low propensity voters only Trump brings out. Without Trump, they lose like 2018 and 2022. Plus Trump may try to run for president from prison in 2028 or may flee to Russia. It's all on the table.

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don’t see how they can go anywhere. Too many ratfuckers in the republican machine want and need their jobs, so it’s hard to imagine them abandoning their ratfucking ways that they use to gain and maintain power and returning to principled conservatism. I dream about a situation where people run as independents and reps are hyper focused on their districts, but that seems far fetched. 

5 hours ago, bluto said:

I have a feeling there are more than a few gop’rs who are still yanking that lever but are also deep down not disappointed with a Trump loss. Kinda like in the home stretch of Mack/chuck/tom where ya, we want Texas to win every game but a mountainside crash loss expedites moving on. And not having to look for survivors or wreckage vs an ocean crash. But again, they still don’t have the balls to actually yank the yoke themselves. 

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Donald Trump is textbook Fuck You Pay Me.

Trump is the epitome of FUPM - he demanded a percentage of donations to down-ballot candidates who use his likeness.  I know that George W Bush would take time out as Governor to meet and greet local politicians from Bumfuck, Texas and do photo ops with them, and he wasn’t withholding money to them or demanding a percentage of their donations  for using a photo of him in their mailers.

@tx 3 putt maybe right - Haley maybe waiting in the wings with some politicians and BMDs backing her.

When Trump loses, he’s not going to give up the RNC purse strings or coffers, and he’s still going to funnel as much RNC money through his properties as he can, and he’s still going to keep as much with him as he can, versus letting the money be used down-ballot.  This is the easiest money he’s ever had access to.

GOP has a few problems come December/January

1. Trump is still going to literally control their purse strings through Lara Trump
  2. Trump can be more erratic over the coming years all the while living in 2020, which will not help win the White House in 2028
  3. Speaking of the White House, if Trump is not on the ticket for 2028, a hand-picked successor will be, which means RNC cash being used on his properties and not GOTV or down ballot efforts.

He’s going to be an anchor around their neck and he’s going to bleed them dry if nobody does anything about it. My guess is they’ll promise him some money.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump is the epitome of FUPM - he demanded a percentage of donations to down-ballot candidates who use his likeness.  I know that George W Bush would take time out as Governor to meet and greet local politicians from Bumfuck, Texas and do photo ops with them, and he wasn’t withholding money to them or demanding a percentage of their donations  for using a photo of him in their mailers.

@tx 3 putt maybe right - Haley maybe waiting in the wings with some politicians and BMDs backing her.

When Trump loses, he’s not going to give up the RNC purse strings or coffers, and he’s still going to funnel as much RNC money through his properties as he can, and he’s still going to keep as much with him as he can, versus letting the money be used down-ballot.  This is the easiest money he’s ever had access to.

1. Trump is still going to literally control their purse strings through Lara Trump
  2. Trump can be more erratic over the coming years all the while living in 2020, which will not help win the White House in 2028
  3. Speaking of the White House, if Trump is not on the ticket for 2028, a hand-picked successor will be, which means RNC cash being used on his properties and not GOTV or down ballot efforts.

He’s going to be an anchor around their neck and he’s going to bleed them dry if nobody does anything about it. My guess is they’ll promise him so,e money.

shes the chosen one and i think it’s been decide for awhile 

va and georgia give will be rising stars asap 

4 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

I'm sure there are many that want Haley to step in and restore the party, but there is a great chance that she gets primaried in favor of a really shitty white dickhead. 

it’s a long way to 2028

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s going to be an anchor around their neck and he’s going to bleed them dry if nobody does anything about it. My guess is they’ll promise him some money.

Good Yes GIF - Good Yes Emperor Palpatine - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

"we'll give some land to the..."

Yep.  Whereas, since childhood, INCLUDING the period in my life when I (foolishly and naively) voted more Repub than Dem, I have been a member of the "ahhh prairie shit....EVERYONE!" movement.

33 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yes I think so, and that’s good, but I am not a fan of low propensity voters over 35. That screams Danica Patrick to me. 

Great.  Now I have screaming Danica Patrick in my head.  Not great.

10 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

I'm sure there are many that want Haley to step in and restore the party, but there is a great chance rock-solid 100% certainty that she gets primaried in favor of a really shitty white dickhead. 

There is nothing left of the GQP that is NOT pure-dee white supremacist.  See below:

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Strong closing message.

There are no "quiet parts" left.  They have said them all out loud.

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Strong closing message.

Truly fascinating bookends for our history.  From shortly after 1939 to present, the US ascended to the top-spot in the world order.  When we elect the orange fascist to his second term (and make no mistake, that term will run as long as he lives, because he will be installed as president-for-life by the SCOTUS, not based on any law at all, but based on their fiats that are now unbound and unrestrained by any law or principle), it will be the formal end of that period.

1941-2024.  That's a pretty good run, I guess.

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Harris campaign needs to be cutting some ads. "Their entire closing message is hate and fear."

Seriously. Paste that comedian into ads now and blast on every channel

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Fuck Tony Hinchcliffe. He walked out on stage to Texas by BigXthaPlug and told the crowd they were gonna hear from someone else from Austin, referring to Elon.

Tony Hinchcliffe is from Youngstown, Ohio and claiming Texas. Fuck that puto. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Again, look at where the vast majority of these votes are.  40% of the non voter is from 5 counties (out of 159 total), some of whom have a historical percentage of Democratic margin of 90% (each county varies some as low as 60%).  In any event, it's reasonable to believe that while this vote varies it a bit, it doesn't deviate dramatically from the area.  For example, in Dekalb County, which is an 85% Democratic County, 40k worth of Trump voters didn't just suddenly move there.  This is a heavy turnout, in strongly Democratic areas of previously non engaged or low engaged voters.   

Again, of the 180k out of 492k I pointed, out I only went into 5 major Democratic counties, there are others.  The nonvoter turnout in Democratic counties is easily half of the statewide total.  Even if Republicans take 55% to 45% everywhere else, they can't overcome 70% to 30% in the Democratic areas.   

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Good post and I agree on all BUT I really don’t like all the older new voters.

1 hour ago, G650 said:

I honestly don't know what to make of the older new voters. Truly. What would possess them to come out for Trump after all these years?

I visited New Mexico for 20 minutes the other day, and as a result, I'm a little high today, so forgive me if my hypothesis is a little off.

It seems like BamaATL is saying that a lot of these newer, older voters are in large, historically Democratic counties. If it holds true that the core counties of larger metropolitan areas trend Democratic AND also are the places where both domestic and international migrants often go to when they move to a growing state (like Georgia), then isn't it possible that these new voters happen to also be new registrants of people who've moved there in the past four years?

These videos sadly won't embed (any chance you can hook this up @immamac ???) but here's a thread with a couple short vids showing some older Mississippians going to vote. Delightful stuff. They used to have to pay a poll tax.

https://bsky.app/profile/rsilvie.bsky.social/post/3l7f4ct4tt32r

If you're on xitter but not bluesky, sorry for your loss but you can't watch 'em without a login. 

Fuck Tony Hinchcliffe. He walked out on stage to Texas by BigXthaPlug and told the crowd they were gonna hear from someone else from Austin, referring to Elon.

A buddy of mine just let me know Hinchcliffe is ultra tight with Rogan

16 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

I'm going to blame Alex Jones and Austin's gullible Info Wars bumper sticker bros for attracting these fucking assholes like this nasally prick along with Rogan and Elon.

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

Does Bluesky make it hard to dl? I can see about hosting a bluesky or making surly part of AT 

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

Does Bluesky make it hard to dl? I can see about hosting a bluesky or making surly part of AT 

I learned something today. :)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

wat?

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

He managed to work in a "lampshade" reference. 

I'm digging the Ivermectin ad, though.  May have to buy some if I get Covid.

25 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I visited New Mexico for 20 minutes the other day, and as a result, I'm a little high today, so forgive me if my hypothesis is a little off.

It seems like BamaATL is saying that a lot of these newer, older voters are in large, historically Democratic counties. If it holds true that the core counties of larger metropolitan areas trend Democratic AND also are the places where both domestic and international migrants often go to when they move to a growing state (like Georgia), then isn't it possible that these new voters happen to also be new registrants of people who've moved there in the past four years?

If they’re older in traditionally Dem counties, they could be older black people voting for Kamala? Maybe haven’t voted since 2008/12 but re-registered to vote in 2024?

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

But Latinos for Trump, you'll be fine. They're totally not talking about you behind your back.

‘he’s not talking about us, he’s talking about those dirty mexicans !!!  f them, deport now !!!’ 

Edited by tx 3 putt

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If they’re older in traditionally Dem counties, they could be older black people voting for Kamala? Maybe haven’t voted since 2008/12 but re-registered to vote in 2024?

Was kind of wondering if it was patially the generation of black voters that fell between the Obama era and now.