2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

In case you were wondering if the Harris - Walz campaign staff still has their shit together, Kamala stopped by a Puerto Rican restaurant late this afternoon when she was in Philly.

image.png.eccd85e44fe353449fe6ddec0032cfe7.png

Puerto Rican food is damn good. And yeah, need to get that video out and wide. Translate that shit. It is not just Puerto Ricans. It is how they see all immigrants/non-white people.

And about America is for Americans. Puerto Ricans are Latin Americans. Sorry, I know it is what most use, but I prefer the United States to America. Unless we are counting penguins and polar bears and not just citizens of 1 country.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, miguelito said:

So not only is Miller a racist, he's also guilty of plagiarism?

What an asshole!

I'm curious, does anyone know of a source for Hitler saying that back in 1934? It's not that I doubt it at all. I just want to be able to back it up when someone says he didn't say that. I've looked, and all that comes up right now is results about today at the rally.

Edited by wood

23 minutes ago, NIUHuskies said:

Driving through the Eastern Shore of Maryland and Virginia today, my guess rural areas had like a 65 35 Trump sign advantage. Take that as what it is.

Eastern Shore is home to some of the worst people in the planet.  Fuck’em

hope you stopped off at Stingrays

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Since we have had a side trip to Chili's I'll be your huckleberry.

Because it's still the best source for breaking news, whether it's political, world, or sports. I've tried the others. Waited around for God knows how long for bluesky to get an invite, threads won't let me disassociate FB from them, and mastodon is barely there. I'll posit that whatever he makes off of me is cut back by the extensive block list that is growing. It's obvious that he isn't making money. He's destroying what he bought. 

There are still some good sources on there. Do I approve of what it has become? Of course not. I don't know of any other place that has the immediate access to news that it has. 

How much money does he actually make off of my being there? How would you be able to quantify it? 

I want to get off but agree about breaking news. Pretty much all I’m looking at are newspapers, reporters, Longhorn stuff and Keith Richards. 
I do have a strategy which is that every time I see an add I block it. Then I block every person that enters my consciousness that I just don’t want to invade my feed. That includes Musk. 
I read somewhere that Musk was complaining about how it costs them money maintaining the blocked list on all accounts. That’s what made me decide to get really generous with blocking. 
It take a lot of effort to have a sane experience. I’d love to move somewhere else if they had the coverage. 
In fact, I messaged DelConte about cross posting on Bluesky and he blew me off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, wood said:

'm curious, does anyone know of a source for Hitler saying that back in 1934? It's not that I doubt it at all. I just want to be able to back it up when says he didn't say that. I've lloked, and all that comes up right now is results about today at the rally.

Pretty sure there's a book of Hitler speeches. I think I saw one at Half-Price books when Iived in Austin. Might be available online somewhere.

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, wood said:

I'm curious, does anyone know of a source for Hitler saying that back in 1934? It's not that I doubt it at all. I just want to be able to back it up when says he didn't say that. I've lloked, and all that comes up right now is results about today at the rally.

I’m not sure it’s an actual quote. 

Google kicks up the following link to a speech that, if you substitute ‘immigrant’ for ‘Jew,’ you get pretty stark parallels. But nothing quite so simple or on-the-nose. 

https://www.yadvashem.org/docs/extract-from-hitler-speech.html

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Tuco said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/10/27/trump-speech-madison-square-garden-rally/75881623007/

They changed the headline, but you can still see the original if you search Zac Anderson USA Today on google

44 minutes ago, immamac said:

Guys stop posting fucking shit that you don't want the FBI reading. Jesus. 

Did I miss something or was I not specific enough about saying I'm buying a gun for the first time in my life? If he's trying to rally the Proud Boys for post-election violence when he loses, I am going to have some self-defense on hand. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Trump's MSG rally is sending shockwaves through the Puerto Rican community right now. It can't be overstated what a major miscalculation this was. Big Puerto Rican communities in Pennsylvania, Florida, and a lot of Puerto Ricans in Wisconsin too. Those clips are spreading like wildfire.

So, who here had Tony Hinchcliffe in the 'October Surprise' column of their 2024 Presidential Election bingo card?

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Since we have had a side trip to Chili's I'll be your huckleberry.

Because it's still the best source for breaking news, whether it's political, world, or sports. I've tried the others. Waited around for God knows how long for bluesky to get an invite, threads won't let me disassociate FB from them, and mastodon is barely there. I'll posit that whatever he makes off of me is cut back by the extensive block list that is growing. It's obvious that he isn't making money. He's destroying what he bought. 

There are still some good sources on there. Do I approve of what it has become? Of course not. I don't know of any other place that has the immediate access to news that it has. 

How much money does he actually make off of my being there? How would you be able to quantify it? 

You don't need an invite to join bluesky anymore. Any email address to register will do. The site has become pretty awesome. There's apps to help you easily find anyone on there you follow at twitter. You'll probably want to follow a lot more people on bluesky than you do at twitter because there's nothing pushing stuff into your feed. Although there are feeds of many types that you can also follow. People post starter packs with a bunch of suggested follows - they have them for most professions. The video is excellent. There's not a ton of sports but I get that here, and also they just rolled out video like a month ago so the numbers are growing. There could be more journalists but there's a lot and the numbers there are also growing. It's a lot larger of a user base than it may appear at first, just follow a lot of people if you like a very busy timeline. 

edit - also each user has a block button for users that annoy you and it's nuclear as in it turns them into vapor you'll never see or hear from again. 

Edited by Chopper

Pretty sure that Trump-Musk-MAGA-fascist Nazi rally puts the lie to the wise ole Surly lawyers telling us the legal system works, albeit slowly. Lulz. Trump, a Nazi fascist, is walking all over the legal system. 

I'll believe it when I see it ... if any legal justice is served to Trump and the Jan 6 ringleaders.

Sorry, but I always thought the Surly law dogs couldn't see the towering fast-growing fascist forest for the trees.... they are too busy discussing the lawful and most appropriate use of a chainsaw that meets all forestry specifications. 

Edited by BevoAbyss

50 minutes ago, wood said:

I'm curious, does anyone know of a source for Hitler saying that back in 1934? It's not that I doubt it at all. I just want to be able to back it up when someone says he didn't say that. I've looked, and all that comes up right now is results about today at the rally.

nazi party slogan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nur_für_Deutsche#

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Did I miss something or was I not specific enough about saying I'm buying a gun for the first time in my life? If he's trying to rally the Proud Boys for post-election violence when he loses, I am going to have some self-defense on hand. 

No. It was my fault, I made an inappropriate joke about the MAGA rally tonight. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

No. It was my fault, I made an inappropriate joke about the MAGA rally tonight. 

Just dm'd you. I have something cooking BIG! A lot of those fucks will never walk again but I better stfu for now. We'll talk offline!!

also don't tell anyone but my work permit expired so I'm working illegally right now. It doesn't pay much but I've been stealing bitcoin from the dolts on nextdoor. 

jkjkjkjkjkjkjk!

Edited by Chopper
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Pretty sure that Trump-MAGA-Nazi rally puts the lie to the wise ole Surly lawyers telling us the legal system works, albeit slowly. Lulz. Trump, a Nazi fascist, is walking all over the legal system. 

Sorry, but I always thought the Surly law dogs couldn't see the towering fast-growing fascist forest for the trees.... they are too busy discussing the lawful and most appropriate use of a chainsaw that meets all forestry specifications.

trump is the ultimate poster child for white privilege. he's had scoreboard his whole life

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/10/27/trump-speech-madison-square-garden-rally/75881623007/

They changed the headline, but you can still see the original if you search Zac Anderson USA Today on google

the only major news based website not mentioning the racist remarks this evening in their headline(s) is:

you guessed it..

FoxNews

image.png.32098b27e1513ff072056bc6b0fec07d.png

Edited by yoladu
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I hope once Kamala works this fool she leans real deep into her prosecutorial roots to lay waste to the leaders of this movement. 

We all know a big reason Trump is running is to save his own neck from all his criming but some of these folks like Elmo who have jumped so hard into the cult since she came on the scene are now probably a lot more worried about their own necks than they ever would have been with Biden. I’ll be pretty disappointed if President Harris DOJ doesn’t quickly go read fucking hard in the paint. 

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Pretty sure that Trump-Musk-MAGA-fascist Nazi rally puts the lie to the wise ole Surly lawyers telling us the legal system works, albeit slowly. Lulz. Trump, a Nazi fascist, is walking all over the legal system. 

I'll believe it when I see it ... if any legal justice is served to Trump and the Jan 6 ringleaders.

@Brisketexan 

I dunno man this seems like a strawman argument but maybe there's some other thread you've been reading that I don't know about. It's pretty stunning how the US Supreme Court has demeaned itself by corrupting the law over the past 10 years in more ways than you likely understand. But I don't know or haven't seen a lawyer on this site who's had their eyes closed to what's been going on. I'm sure Brisket knows more of the attorneys here than I do.

10 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

Was J6 our Beer Hall Putsch?

@Brisketexan many here have pointed that J6 was their practice run. now we can add all the 2020 election lawsuits / misinformation campaign. they'll be much better organized all the way around this time.

trump can never keep a secret, he always has to blab. hence tonight ... 'I think with our little secret we are gonna do really well with the house, our little secret is having a big impact, he and I have a little secret, we will tell you what it is when the race is over'

why try to go to the R gov's and the Courts, when the house can possibly be your silver bullet. House R's are much much cheaper to buy off. Especially with Elon's money. 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I hope once Kamala works this fool she leans real deep into her prosecutorial roots to lay waste to the leaders of this movement. 

We all know a big reason Trump is running is to save his own neck from all his criming but some of these folks like Elmo who have jumped so hard into the cult since she came on the scene are now probably a lot more worried about their own necks than they ever would have been with Biden. I’ll be pretty disappointed if President Harris DOJ doesn’t quickly go read fucking hard in the paint. 

Along those lines, I'm hoping for actual anti-trust enforcement action, in addition to much higher taxes for the billionaire class.  It's time for economic growth thru competition.  

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Garland is a factor in where we are right now. Had Biden gone with Doug Jones or recycled Holder I do think we might have had a better chance. 

41 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

@Brisketexan many here have pointed that J6 was their practice run. now we can add all the 2020 election lawsuits / misinformation campaign. they'll be much better organized all the way around this time.

trump can never keep a secret, he always has to blab. hence tonight ... 'I think with our little secret we are gonna do really well with the house, our little secret is having a big impact, he and I have a little secret, we will tell you what it is when the race is over'

why try to go to the R gov's and the Courts, when the house can possibly be your silver bullet. House R's are much much cheaper to buy off. Especially with Elon's money. 

Someone I follow on bluesky speculated that the magtards think the House of Reps can pass a rule before they adjourn this Congress that they think somehow would rig the process, whether the R's run the House or not. But if that's what they're planning they're going to be the ones who are surprised because it would be a huge fail.  Maybe @BearSchlongcan ask his sister, a former asst parliamentarian, for her thoughts on what they think they're up to?

Edited by Chopper

42 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

I’ve been saying the opposite. There is no way that any other citizen other than Trump would have been allowed to obfuscate, lie, file frivolous pleadings and just generally frustrate the system.  I have tried cases in several different states. Been in and out of all kinds of state and federal courthouses. I was aggressive, no doubt. Pushed things as far as I thought I could get away with. But, I can say without doubt, that I would have suffered significant consequences if I had even approached the level of behavior exhibited from Trump and his lawyers. 
I have been “hometowned”. The crap that went on with the documents case and the Supreme Court is a lot more than getting the benefit of the doubt on close judgment calls. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, quigley said:

Fire.

I knew where they were going from the first frames. Still moved me. Brilliant execution.

Yes, it is. I'll go out on a limb and say it might be the most powerful political ad I've seen in my time.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Someone I follow on bluesky speculated that the magtards think the House of Reps can pass a rule before they adjourn this Congress that they think somehow would limit the authority of the incoming Speaker of the House (given the likelihood that the R's are going to lose their majority of the House) to certify the votes. But if that's what they're planning they're going to be the ones who are surprised because it would be a huge fail.  Maybe @BearSchlongcan ask his sister, a former asst parliamentarian, for her thoughts on what they think they're up to?

they can pass this and that, does it go directly to the Supreme Court ?

expect extreme federalist society and heritage foundation fuckery here. dumb ass paxton will jump on that wagon too, one way or another

Clarence Thomas Justice GIF by The Daily Signal

Edited by tx 3 putt

2 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I apologize, it was a joke for the record. 

But they definitely have some sort of scheme worked up. Is it the obvious play of trying to get it to the house and SC or is it something else? 

If they could have got it to the House or SC back in 2020 when Trump was in the White House, they would have.