2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

pelosi was speaker, dem controlled 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Republicans had more states in the House in 2020, and each state gets a single vote.

I know you're saying Pelosi would have tried to block it, but I also think Johnson is too fucking stupid to try and get something like that through.

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

they can pass this and that, does it go directly to the Supreme Court ?

expect extreme federalist society and heritage foundation fuckery here. dumb ass paxton will jump on that wagon too, one way or another

Oh they're absolutely going to try a bunch of things when they lose. I believe they think they're much cleverer than they truly are. Who the Speaker is and whether it's a R or D, will have no bearing on vote certification imo. Why or how they think they can rig the election through the House is a mystery to me. If anything it would have to be done at the Supreme Court level, but the Court would need a case that would change the election to act on first, a longshot, so it's impossible to know what may happen for certain. 

You know how dumb Trump is, right? Who knows what "secret plan" he's worked out with Mike Johnson. Trump's a loon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

At Kamala's inauguration, I want them to have offered Lee Greenwood a chance to sing, and when he turns it down, I want them to play "God Bless the USA".  Make MAGA lose their shit.

Speaking of losing their shit, those "speakers" tonight at MSG who helped Kamala out, they better watch their butts. MAGA won't forgive them for motivating Puero Ricans and Latinos to get out and vote. .

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Oh they're absolutely going to try a bunch of things when they lose. I believe they think they're much cleverer than they truly are. Who the Speaker is and whether it's a R or D, will have no bearing on vote certification imo. Why or how they think they can rig the election through the House is a mystery to me. If anything it would have to be done at the Supreme Court level, but the Court would need a case that would change the election to act on first, a longshot, so it's impossible to know what may happen for certain. 

You know how dumb Trump is, right? Who knows what "secret plan" he's worked out with Mike Johnson. Trump's a loon. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mike-johnson-stop-election-certification_n_66fc7ecae4b0453dc1ee7025

good write up here on the new and beefed up elections 'laws' 

• Hook 'Em 2

well I didn't know this ...

The Jan. 6, 2025, certification will be unlike any before it. For the first time in the nation’s history, the counting of the electoral votes has been designated a national security event by the U.S. Secret Service ...

WASHINGTON – The 2025 Counting and Certification of Electoral Votes in Washington, DC on Jan. 6, 2025, has been designated a National Special Security Event by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

https://www.secretservice.gov/newsroom/releases/2024/09/2025-counting-and-certification-electoral-votes-designated-national#

if a fake  assassination attempt story breaks and secret service members were involved, this whole deal gets much more interesting 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

20 minutes ago, wood said:

Trump at the Garden: A Closing Carnival of Grievances, Misogyny and Racism
The inflammatory rally was a capstone for an increasingly aggrieved campaign for Donald Trump, whose rhetoric has grown darker and more menacing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/27/us/trump-msg-rally.html

a rat trapped in the corner 

• Hook 'Em 1