[DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.

bolverk

Kamala vs Haley? I’d gladly take that race but not mistake after democracy is no longer on the ballot (Haley is a Republican normie) we still have the fuckstains who think this country is only for WASEs* versus the rest of us. So it’s an incremental improvement but still vote for the Donkeys fuck the Elephants! 

*used to be White Anglo Saxon Protestants now it’s White Anglo Saxon Evangelicals.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, troph said:

Kamala vs Haley? I’d gladly take that race but not mistake after democracy is no longer on the ballot (Haley is a Republican normie) we still have the fuckstains who think this country is only for WASEs* versus the rest of us. So it’s an incremental improvement but still vote for the Donkeys fuck the Elephants! 

*used to be White Anglo Saxon Protestants now it’s White Anglo Saxon Evangelicals.

My guess is (assuming it happened before October) we’d see a scramble that would result in Newsome vs Rubio.  I would take that in a heartbeat.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Not just republicans but McCarthy and Mikey Johnson.   The same 2 dipshits  that were out negotiated and out maneuvered at every turn by Sleepy Joe.  That is their source for this "article". 

That's not the way I understood the podcst on this. Sounds like they had lots of Dems and Republicans, and both were spinning the fact that he's obviously slowing down. 

I'm not going to blame the media 100% that the Dems chose to stick with Biden.  We all knew the risks.

Both candidates are on death’s doorsteps, news at 11.

WSJ did a hack job if they don’t do a piece showing DJT is a walking corpse as well. At least Biden stutters, what’s DJT’s excuse?

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I had a dream that Joe replaced Kamala with Michelle Obama.

Imagine the heads exploding if Joe replaced himself w Michelle; GQP would lose their shit having 2 black women crush dotard.

Edited by tx ind
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Trust none of them.  Polls are presently as broken as our collective brain.

In a sane timeline, a psychotic pathologically lying narcissist and convicted felon would be losing to "generic former senator" (which is truly what Biden is) by thirty fucking points.

Unfortunately, this timeline includes the mainstream media and Fox News.

Biden's health seems fine for his age. I love how people just ignore that he's been open about his stutter his entire career. Meanwhile, Dotard is shitting himself in court and falling asleep, drooling on camera, and looks fatter and fatter each time he steps foot on his fucking golf course. So obviously, the same. JFC.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

That's not the way I understood the podcst on this. Sounds like they had lots of Dems and Republicans, and both were spinning the fact that he's obviously slowing down. 

I'm not going to blame the media 100% that the Dems chose to stick with Biden.  We all knew the risks.

You understood wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

There are exactly 2 named sources in this article who say Biden is unfit.  Johnson and McCarthy.  One other pub senator from Idaho says something like Biden in real life is as you see on TV.   All the other "sources" are unnamed.  Who are the Dems?   Sinema?  Manchin?   A "unnamed dem" means absolutely nothing and should be treated as such.  But sure,  lets see what the "unnamed dems" actually said according to the article-

"Some who have worked with him, however, including Democrats and some who have known him back to his time as vice president, described a president who appears slower now, someone who has both good moments and bad ones."   

"Some who attended the meetings attributed off-key moments to his speech impediment and his tendency to be long-winded. Those who expressed concern about Biden said the behavior they saw suggested an unevenness, not the caricature of an addled leader that some of his political opponents draw. "

Has 80yr old Biden slowed down, is less sharp than in his prime, and had "bad moments"??  Sure... as have all of us over the age of 40.   But for the two named sources to criticize his negotiating ability, when they both were clearly out negotiated by Sleepy Joe  is par for the course for the alternative facts party. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You understood wrong. 

And more idiocy about “sticking with” Biden. Sure let’s give up incumbency. Worked great in 68. Had no lasting ramifications or anything 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And more idiocy about “sticking with” Biden. Sure let’s give up incumbency. Worked great in 68. Had no lasting ramifications or anything 

side note: probably would not have had lasting ramifications if it wasn't for something that happened on this very date in 1968: RFKs death.

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Biden's health seems fine for his age. I love how people just ignore that he's been open about his stutter his entire career. Meanwhile, Dotard is shitting himself in court and falling asleep, drooling on camera, and looks fatter and fatter each time he steps foot on his fucking golf course. So obviously, the same. JFC.

Yeah, I gotta admit...there was a time a couple years ago when Trump was looking "okay" for his age.  I think the grind of the office, and just golfing and grifting and probably moving around a bit more seemed to agree with a fat guy of his age.  But the last 6 months, oof-magoof.  He is not looking well, he's obviously staying up too late, eating like shit again, and although he consciously denies the stress---his body knows something is afoul and is poisoning itself from within.  The news from 2 of other 3 trials is not great for us, but if they can at least force him to make some personal appearances and grind him down physically, plus his media/fundraising stumps...it can likely beat him into a pulp within a year or so as I've redundantly posted.  But you gotta admit, he is looking and sounding way worse than he was just 18 months ago.  

I still think Ben E. Keith is going to be the American Hero we all didn't know we needed when this is all said and done.  

35 minutes ago, troph said:

There is 0 chance that Haley gets the nod. She was the only person brave enough to throw her hat in. They would bring someone far far worse than even desantis 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

There is 0 chance that Haley gets the nod. She was the only person brave enough to throw her hat in. They would bring someone far far worse than even desantis 

Tucker Carlson, imo.

If the GOP had to turn to someone else right now, I don't believe their voters would want Haley. The Trump side will remember what she said about Trump and some of her voters will feel betrayed how she turned back to Trump.  Now if the GOP leadership, whoever they might be, decides to push Haley to front, most of the GOP voters will fall in line.

• Rage+1 1

54 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It's amazing that people don't understand the negative politics associated with intra-party challenges to an incumbency. 

Ted Kennedy did Jimmy Carter no favors.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I get your point, but let's not act like LBJ winning in 68 was a foregone conclusion.  His approval rating had dropped from 80% in 1964 to 40% in 1968.

The increasing involvement in the Vietnam war was a big factor nationwide, and voting rights, civil rights, immigration reform, and nomination of Marshall to SCOTUS didn't help his cause in the south, where he won all the electoral votes in 64.

Maybe he wins in 68 and maybe he doesn't, obviously we'll never know, but either way, I don't think you can extrapolate 68 to today.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

It's amazing that people don't understand the negative politics associated with intra-party challenges to an incumbency. 

Or that people don't understand the negative aspects of staying the course.

Wouldn't it be great if you and I could actually consider the alternative? 

That would be really cool.

1 hour ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Or that people don't understand the negative aspects of staying the course.

Wouldn't it be great if you and I could actually consider the alternative? 

That would be really cool.

There are historical precedents for both, and the results aren't close

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

FIL said Joe is only ok when he has a teleprompter.  Can't answer off the cuff questions.  I told him I've seen Joe do that multiple times without issue.  He hand waived it.  They.  Don't.  Want.  The.  Truth.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

FIL said Joe is only ok when he has a teleprompter.  Can't answer off the cuff questions.  I told him I've seen Joe do that multiple times without issue.  He hand waived it.  They.  Don't.  Want.  The.  Truth.

Which would be a more compelling argument if they applied the same standard to Trump.  He can't speak with or without a teleprompter.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm really sick of these "young progressives" who refuse to accept how the process works. Support the progressive in the primaries, be vocal, let your voice be heard. If the more moderate democrat wins the primary, support that person, because they are far more "liberal" than anyone nominated on the right (especially these days). I really think that someone more progressive will win a democratic primary in the next decade or so, but not yet. Stop demanding ideological purity in general elections. Vote for the person who is closer to your beliefs. Sitting home just lets the other side win, and they are showing themselves to be outrageously dangerous far right whack jobs. How is this so hard to understand? Israel is a perfect example. Biden has done more than just about any American politician at least asking for restraint. He's way closer to you than Trump who has literally said he'll provide more support to wipe out Palestine. You'll let him win because Biden doesn't align exactly with your belief? Give me a fucking break. 

I think they will do the right thing in the end.  It's June.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Sorry folks, but relying on "progressive youths" to not only get over their minutiae of policy preferences and vote Biden, but actually get up and actually turn out.  That thing that's never happened since 1971.  Good luck with all that and your fancy turnout concert.  

Shame 5-10mm middle of the pack Trump voters from voting this November and it's game over.  Wait for 2032 and they're done.  All the rest is just really, really expensive wastes of time. 

26 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm really sick of these "young progressives" who refuse to accept how the process works. Support the progressive in the primaries, be vocal, let your voice be heard. If the more moderate democrat wins the primary, support that person, because they are far more "liberal" than anyone nominated on the right (especially these days). I really think that someone more progressive will win a democratic primary in the next decade or so, but not yet. Stop demanding ideological purity in general elections. Vote for the person who is closer to your beliefs. Sitting home just lets the other side win, and they are showing themselves to be outrageously dangerous far right whack jobs. How is this so hard to understand? Israel is a perfect example. Biden has done more than just about any American politician at least asking for restraint. He's way closer to you than Trump who has literally said he'll provide more support to wipe out Palestine. You'll let him win because Biden doesn't align exactly with your belief? Give me a fucking break. 

They’re making the same mistakes they made in 2016. If Biden loses the progressive/leftist movement is going to get annihilated 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

My guess is (assuming it happened before October) we’d see a scramble that would result in Newsome vs Rubio.  I would take that in a heartbeat.

Who wins this?

5 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

They’re making the same mistakes they made in 2016. If Biden loses the progressive/leftist movement is going to get annihilated 

They should talk to the ecological issue warriors who were 2000 Ralph Nader fans, and thought that Al Gore was not tree loving enough.  Their votes got them eight years of Bush-Cheney environmental policy.  

Winning!

• Hook 'Em 8

• immamac changed the title to [DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.