2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He’s one step away from arguing that Hitler wasn’t all bad. Let’s look and his good policies and mimic them.

Marge Schott would absolutely be a senator or governor of Ohio if she was alive today.

quote-hitler-was-good-in-the-beginning-b

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Marge Schott would absolutely be a senator or governor of Ohio if she was alive today.

quote-hitler-was-good-in-the-beginning-b

She was such a humanist, just ask the McSherry family.  She'd fit right in with the modern GOP.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Trump must have some evidence that he's in trouble. He's basically starting to bribe people to vote for him. https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/10/trump-taxes-on-tips-nevada.html

“Hotel workers and people that get tips, you’re going to be very happy because when I get to office, we are going to not charge taxes on tips,” Trump said at the Las Vegas rally. “We’re going to do that right away, first thing in office.”

Even his campaign had to respond that they know Trump cannot do this without congressional approval but the average voter will not know this. Trump really is the kid running for elementary school class president by promising more recess.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So what is it about being near the electric boat/battery but not actually onboard that saves one from being electrocuted?

Yeah, If his hypothetical all-electric boat sinks.  And he rides it down with the idea that he then treads water above it, it's the same "electrocution" effect 2 feet above it than 2 feet to the side of it.  I mean, assuming his insane hypothetical is true.  Also, he does realize that almost all motorized, gas-powered boats still have batteries on them (starter, radio, lights, etc.)?  And that even a mid-size yachts or houseboat have redundant battery systems on them that are the size of a Mini Cooper.  I mean, he's lived near the water his whole life almost (NYC & FL), he's seen large boats.  I think he even owned a yacht at one point but is too much of a beta to not get out on the water.  But he has to know they have batteries on them already.  And yes, you can get electrocuted in water, but he doesn't seem to understand how it would carry through the water.  

Anyway, obligatory Shark Party: 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

They literally had a nazi march in South Dakota this past weekend 

I hate Sioux Falls Nazis.  /ElwoodBlues

24 minutes ago, Nothing To Add said:

I wonder if Sirhan Sirhan has a son.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing before I scrolled down to your post.  Surely over the course 55 years of incarceration, some wealthy fellow Jordanian oil tycoon bribed some people to get Sirhan a few conjugal visits There's gotta be a young adult out there somewhere in a state where you can buy an AR-15 with a DL that says, "Sirhan Goldberg."  And daddy Sirhan's rattling the prison fence-line, "Avenge me, son!  Avenge me!  Take the shot."  But then the son is like, "But I don't want to get the vaccine."  Fucking simulation.  

55 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Those were feds

-every maga dipshit 

My favorite stupid MAGA response when I bring up the racism problem in the modern GQP is ... "Lincoln freed the slaves. "

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

If there is a thread that could cancel the enshittification thread, then this is that thread. So, here is where I choose to post the following:

image.thumb.png.3ac80ed00fbdaf2b2180c0879bf7ee4a.png

One week old, tomorrow. 

The eldest was conceived in Montana. And she is there right now. Hopeful, I choose to be.

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2024/06/05/extremely-rare-1-in-10-million-wild-white-bison-calf-born-in-yellowstone/

• Hook 'Em 5

9 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

If there is a thread that could cancel the enshittification thread, then this is that thread. So, here is where I choose to post the following:

image.thumb.png.3ac80ed00fbdaf2b2180c0879bf7ee4a.png

One week old, tomorrow. 

The eldest was conceived in Montana. And she is there right now. Hopeful, I choose to be.

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2024/06/05/extremely-rare-1-in-10-million-wild-white-bison-calf-born-in-yellowstone/

hd buffalo GIF

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

With Trump promising to end income tax on tips as a campaign gimmick, Biden should call Trump’s bluff.  Publicly proclaim it a great idea and ask Mike Johnson place it for a vote immediately.

see all the conservative head’s explode with a tax break only for the lower (mostly) income folks.

Why would Trump not want to give tax breaks immediately for the masses by waiting until 2025? 

Why would Trump not want immigration reform immediately by waiting until 2025?

I have no idea where to put this, but those who listen to the POD shows, absolutely listen to the most recent one. Lovett just came back from filming some reality show for a few weeks. They break all the news to him that happened during that time, and it's incredible. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, troph said:

538 says dead heat, fundamentals favor biden.  also note while EC outcomes have flipped the projected 3% win for Biden in the popular vote has been stable for quite some time.

interesting interactive...

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/

After 2016 this guy’s evaluations are completely meaningless to me.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 7

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I have no idea where to put this, but those who listen to the POD shows, absolutely listen to the most recent one. Lovett just came back from filming some reality show for a few weeks. They break all the news to him that happened during that time, and it's incredible. 

image.gif.972a02f195a27b84ceb3609850d538bb.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Red Five said:

As an avid Survivor fan....

cd46a96d-d54e-4b77-a010-16d6ec7908af_tex

(But yes, hilarious listen.)

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Don't care, the brand is meaningless to me.

I mean, now he's just a bad pundit on Twitter with retard-level hot takes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean, now he's just a bad pundit on Twitter with retard-level hot takes.

In 2016 I was working late and 538 was all the rage so I had it up on my computer. At 8:00 or so it was still showing Hillary at like 80%. It was so horribly wrong and not something I'll ever forget. It's like if a restaurant served me a burger with a turd on it. Even if its under new management, I ain't going back, ever.

• Hook 'Em 1