[DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.

bolverk

54 minutes ago, speed817 said:

This isn't th official video from Last week tonight so I'm not sure how long it will be up.  Last night's topic was about Project 2025. A must watch for any voter IMHO....

Last Week Tonight officially waiting until Thursday each week to upload their videos has to be one of the most insane business decisions of all-time.  Just completely nuking any ability for this stuff to go viral, in some misguided hope that people will use their dumb app.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

i made the mistake of turning that on last night as we were getting in bed.  dumb decision.  neither of us were in the mood after that.

My husband and I love the show but goddamn is it depressing sometimes. Oliver acknowledges that, but it’s shit we need to know

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Honesty after Joe wins in Nov, he should start looking into using a wheel chair from time to time depending on the circumstance.

Excuse me.  No one who uses a wheelchair should ever be president!  EVAR!

Oh wait.

roosevelt-seated.gif?itok=kGWofMgx

And definitely not Abbott.  Fuck that guy in general, but not because he's in a wheelchair.

Just now, 'stache said:

Issued a very rare neg. Either he's a complete idiot or a troll. Either way, deserved a middle finger.

The wildest part to me is how he's claiming he is unaware of Mitch McConnell freezing...TWICE!  It was MASSIVE national news when it happened...TWICE.  If he really didn't see it anywhere, his head is purely in the maga-sphere and beyond just Fox News.  He's definitely 24/7 on Newsmax, OAN, and his psychotic twitter algorithm.  There was no way to miss the McConnell stuff otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Screenshot_20240617-131930.thumb.png.cdd8430476fb3e5415bc36bc5c0184c5.png

40% of the country will think Cuban is talking about trump being the one that thinks in complete sentences.  Too cute by half for these morons.  You have to spell it out for them.  Not that it matters, because they still won't get it, but at least lay it bare.

• Hook 'Em 5

30 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Last Week Tonight officially waiting until Thursday each week to upload their videos has to be one of the most insane business decisions of all-time.  Just completely nuking any ability for this stuff to go viral, in some misguided hope that people will use their dumb app.

Haven't watched but it's important to remember that today's GOP is very different from '17-19. And Trump's would-be cabinet and other appointees are no where near what he had in roughly the same time period. Paul Ryan was the House Speaker for '17-19 and Pelosi for the remainder of the Trump Admin. While Ryan was definitely ok with many conservative ideals and bills, he's wasn't a full on GQPer. And we all know that Trump did initially appoint some reasonable republicans to his cabinet.

If he wins this year, it's a good assumption that he will have both the House and Senate (Hawley or Cruz as Majority Leader?) as well as the crazier cabinet ever assembled. I can only guess that the next 4 years will be like the last 4 weeks of Trump at the end of his first term.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

I didn’t watch your clip

You’re a moron who posts moronic shit from your feed which has done nothing but reinforce your moronic ideas, and when refuted you refuse to even look at the evidence. And then you wonder why you don’t get serious responses to the worthless shit you post

Do you have adult offspring and if so do you wonder why they want nothing to do with you?

• Hook 'Em 4

41 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

i made the mistake of turning that on last night as we were getting in bed.  dumb decision.  neither of us were in the mood after that.

It ended with some ass eating. What else could you ask for as far as setting the mood?

19 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

And we all know that Trump did initially appoint some reasonable republicans to his cabinet.

Not many. Remember this episode? How many do you see? I’d say Jim Mattis counts. He doesn’t suck up to Trump like the rest do. I didn’t think Rex Tillerson was particularly suited for the job. Although he did later correctly describe Trump as a “fucking moron” so he has that going for him.

• Rage+1 1

Oh, this could be a fun exercise. What will Trump's 2025 cabinet look like? (Beside being white)

Secretary of State - J.D. Vance

Secretary of the Treasury - A loyal Jew

Secretary of Defense - Michael Flynn

Attorney General - Rudy Giuliani

Secretary of the Interior  Department retired. 

Secretary of Agriculture - Hugh Grant (fmr Monsanto CEO)

Secretary of Commerce - Bill Ackman

Secretary of Labor - Nick Fuentes

Secretary of Health and Human Servicers  Department retired. 

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Department retired. 

Secretary of Transportation - Charlie Kirk

Secretary of Energy - Elon Musk

Secretary of Education - Department retired. 

Secretary of Veterans Affairs - Kevin Sorbo

Secretary of Homeland Security - Stormfront

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Not many. Remember this episode? How many do you see? I’d say Jim Mattis counts. He doesn’t suck up to Trump like the rest do. I didn’t think Rex Tillerson was particularly suited for the job. Although he did later correctly describe Trump as a “fucking moron” so he has that going for him.

Not only that but think about all the US Presidents who were voted out after one term. The more recent ones like Bush, Carter, Ford et al didn’t return for a rematch in the following election, but if they had, would any of you suspect that 91% of their former cabinet would refuse to endorse them? I would have voted for Clinton against Bush if Bush decided to take a second crack at him in 1996, but it would have required a traumatic injury to the brain for me to predict that Cheney, Powell, Quayle, Baker, Brady, Dole, et al would refuse to endorse him and that he only received support from Bob Barr and three of the obscure chucklefucks no one remembered.

23 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Republicans are the epitome of “fuck you pay me”, but they are fantastic actors, given how many pull off the facade of being a Christian.

When Trump loses, it’ll be interesting to see how long it takes before more Republicans turn on him.  They hate losing more than they had libtards.

I’m mystified he has a stranglehold on the party. Thankfully I’ve seen data points of late that suggest he actually might not win. If he loses, I’d like to think he goes away forever. After the attempted civil war later this year, of course. 

• Rage+1 1

he's not going away until he dies.  the cult will still worship him and he will still be able to sink any republican who doesn't kiss his ass.  as oliver pointed out last night project 2025 turns to project 2029 if he loses.  the people aren't going away and they're not changing their white nationalist, anti-everything else agenda.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

as oliver pointed out last night project 2025 turns to project 2029 if he loses.  

Part of me would love to see Donald Trump run for President in 2029. We’d probably get something even better than the shark v. electrocution speech.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, South Austin said:

Part of me would love to see Donald Trump run for President in 2029. We’d probably get something even better than the shark v. electrocution speech.

Since we’re here talking about cognitive decline, you should know that the FCC is going to mandate the use of closed captions every time Trump speaks by that point.

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

he's not going away until he dies. 

You think that stops it? His death will no doubt be considered "suspicious" and probably Tom Hanks's fault. Catturd will tweet that his last words was the line Vigo the Carpathian uttered, "Death is but a door, time is but a window. I'll be back!" They'll repeat it, put it on shirts and bumperstickers and Tim Scott, Nimrata and Vance will all declare themselves the rightful earthly regent tasked as caretaker until his return alongside JFK, JFK Jr., Elvis and John Wayne as they vie for leadership of the party. CNN will call these views, "fascinating," and frame belief in the impending resurrection of the Dotard as an equivalent viewpoint to the minimum wage being too low. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Dude.  You know there isn't going to be an election then.  Trump wins in 2024.  Then, there is no additional election.  Trump declares a MAGA emergency in 2028, cancels the election, the SCOTUS ( know a 7-2 MAGA court) backs him up.  He stays in office until he dies, under an ongoing "MAGA emergency" that never ends.  That's it.  It's over.  The Republic ends, just like that.  It's that easy.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude.  You know there isn't going to be an election then.  Trump wins in 2024.  Then, there is no additional election.  Trump declares a MAGA emergency in 2028, cancels the election, the SCOTUS ( know a 7-2 MAGA court) backs him up.  He stays in office until he dies, under an ongoing "MAGA emergency" that never ends.  That's it.  It's over.  The Republic ends, just like that.  It's that easy.

No, there will still be elections after 2024 if he wins. They'll just actually be rigged by the true believer Republicans that will almost certainly have won in all the swing states if Trump manages to win the electoral college. We'll see Saddam/Putin like vote totals for Trump to remain in office and SCOTUS will be like "well yeah there's this whole amendment saying he can't serve more than 2 terms, but he got 94% of the vote and who are we to oppose what the people want?" 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, softlynow said:

You think that stops it? His death will no doubt be considered "suspicious" and probably Tom Hanks's fault. Catturd will tweet that his last words was the line Vigo the Carpathian uttered, "Death is but a door, time is but a window. I'll be back!" They'll repeat it, put it on shirts and bumperstickers and Tim Scott, Nimrata and Vance will all declare themselves the rightful earthly regent tasked as caretaker until his return alongside JFK, JFK Jr., Elvis and John Wayne as they vie for leadership of the party. CNN will call these views, "fascinating," and frame belief in the impending resurrection of the Dotard as an equivalent viewpoint to the minimum wage being too low. 

Better that catturd says it than Trump:

"Let me tell you something, folks, and I know about doors, I know about windows, believe me. Death, they talk about death, like it's final, but let me tell you, it's like a door, okay? A door opens, you go through it, and then what happens? You come back! Just like that. Time, they say time, it's like a window, right? It's like a window, you look through it, you see things, and guess what? You can open it, you can close it, you can do whatever you want with it. Time is flexible, just like a window. And let me tell you, when I say I'll be back, I mean it, folks. Because I always come back, stronger than ever. So remember, doors, windows, it's all about coming back, and that's what we're gonna do, we're gonna come back and we're gonna make things great again, believe me."

Not bad ChatGPT. It could use a little more seasoning, but I'm too lazy to give editing an effort.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

39 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

No, there will still be elections after 2024 if he wins. They'll just actually be rigged by the true believer Republicans that will almost certainly have won in all the swing states if Trump manages to win the electoral college. We'll see Saddam/Putin like vote totals for Trump to remain in office and SCOTUS will be like "well yeah there's this whole amendment saying he can't serve more than 2 terms, but he got 94% of the vote and who are we to oppose what the people want?" 

I'm with you both in spirit, but I just don't see him being competent, or even motivated enough, to actually do something like this, or succeeding if he tried. He's fundamentally a lazy piece of shit and doesn't do shit when in office. There's just no way for him to actually stay in power, even if he lives through 2028. As shitastic as this Supreme Court has been, they aren't going to go along with cancelled elections. I don't even think Clarence and Alito would be willing to go that far. There will also be state actors like the guy in Georgia who just flat out refuse. And worst case scenario, if Trump tries to use the military to stay in power, the top brass isn't going to let it happen. There are also far easier ways to undermine votes that might actually prevail, like limiting or eliminating early voting, shutting down collection boxes in big cities (one per county, that's fair, right?), more and more extreme gerrymandering (SCOTUS has called it a political question, tough shit losers), etc. They might also start prosecuting all democratic candidates across the country for fake crimes, because they think it's all fair game now. These things are far more scary in my opinion because it's far more realistic.

Edited by 'stache

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

I'm with you both in spirit, but I just don't see him being competent enough to actually do something like this, or succeeding if he tried. As shitastic as this Supreme Court has been, they aren't going to go along with cancelled elections. I don't even think Clarence and Alito would be willing to go that far. There will also be state actors like the guy in Georgia who just flat out refuse. And worst case scenario, if Trump tries to use the military to stay in power, the top brass isn't going to let it happen. There are also far easier ways to undermine votes that might actually prevail, like limiting early voting, shutting down collection boxes in big cities (one per county, that's fair, right?), more and more extreme gerrymandering (SCOTUS has called it a political question, tough shit losers), etc. That's far more scary in my opinion because it's far more realistic.

It's all of the above.  Dude, we're in the early stages of Gilead.  Because they have fucking told us that is their fucking goal.

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

I'm with you both in spirit, but I just don't see him being competent enough to actually do something like this, or succeeding if he tried. As shitastic as this Supreme Court has been, they aren't going to go along with cancelled elections. I don't even think Clarence and Alito would be willing to go that far. There will also be state actors like the guy in Georgia who just flat out refuse. And worst case scenario, if Trump tries to use the military to stay in power, the top brass isn't going to let it happen. There are also far easier ways to undermine votes that might actually prevail, like limiting early voting, shutting down collection boxes in big cities (one per county, that's fair, right?), more and more extreme gerrymandering (SCOTUS has called it a political question, tough shit losers), etc. That's far more scary in my opinion because it's far more realistic.

Buddy, my post that you quoted said there will still be elections. And the Republican party has already purged their state parties of those who aren't sufficiently loyal to ensure their failure to rig 2020 won't happen again. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Buddy, my post that you quoted said there will still be elections. And the Republican party has already purged their state parties of those who aren't sufficiently loyal to ensure their failure to rig 2020 won't happen again. 

I guess I should have also added that I don't see Saddam and Putin type rigged elections being possible for the same reasons. I have almost no hope for this country, but even I feel cancelling elections or dictatorial vote rigging isn't going to happen. The country will fall into full constitutional crisis or civil war before stuff like that just happens. As many magats as there are in power, there would be too much resistance, even if from a minority, because it will be a large minority.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Riiiiiiiight.

4 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i say Biden wins in a blowout and the prevailing historical narrative becomes what a yuge loser Trump is and that he literally destroyed the republican party.

i mean somebody has to play the optimist.

200w (13).gif

Idk about huge blowout but I think Biden wins comfortably.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Don’t be so desperate with your replies.  It reeks.  

The young guy never froze.  He was backing up Joe.  Watch his movement carefully.  He never stops moving.  Hands, shoulders, hips/legs.  He’s always moving something.  He folded his hands and waited for Joe.  He never froze physically or mentally.  

Joe had a good run.  Props to his longevity.

The only question now from a strategic standpoint, is will they cut him loose before, or after the election.  Can he make it five more months?  I don’t think his handlers were expecting such a swift decline.  

My man, what's the argument? Have you watched many Trump speeches all the way through? More gaffes than Biden on Trump's best of days. Constantly confuses Biden with Obama. Can't talk seriously about any topic for 30 seconds. Lapses into odd groans out of nowhere (remember the clip where it looked like he literally pooped his pants?)

So, two old dudes. Both make gaffes and have old man mannerisms. But one is a competent man who surrounds himself with competent staff while the other is, at best, a moronic salesman who surrounds himself with nothing but yes-men and who lives to swindle the gullible, lazy, or unintelligent masses. 

• Hook 'Em 8

7 minutes ago, LTbear said:

My man, what's the argument? Have you watched many Trump speeches all the way through? More gaffes than Biden on Trump's best of days. Constantly confuses Biden with Obama. Can't talk seriously about any topic for 30 seconds. Lapses into odd groans out of nowhere (remember the clip where it looked like he literally pooped his pants?)

So, two old dudes. Both make gaffes and have old man mannerisms. But one is a competent man who surrounds himself with competent staff while the other is, at best, a moronic salesman who surrounds himself with nothing but yes-men and who lives to swindle the gullible, lazy, or unintelligent masses. 

Would be nice to see some McConnell-style glitches at the minimum.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

The country will fall into full constitutional crisis or civil war before stuff like that just happens.

I don’t even think “constitutional crisis” is a thing anymore. I might argue we’ve been in one for nigh on a decade already. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)

https://www.google.com/search?q=biden+howard+stern+interview&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:99612c3c,vid:Fz45sMb4js8,st:1678

Full Joe Biden interview by Howard Stern. Mentioned it after a bunch of clips were released, and promised to meg anyone bringing the Biden is senile bullshit. So, I’ve got a lot of negs to give to @pronghorn, though I’ll change them if he watches the interview and make a credible case Biden is senile.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LTbear said:

What do you mean? Ronnie Johnson said he’s the healthiest president with the best cognitive scores he’s ever seen 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The wildest part to me is how he's claiming he is unaware of Mitch McConnell freezing...TWICE!  It was MASSIVE national news when it happened...TWICE.  If he really didn't see it anywhere, his head is purely in the maga-sphere and beyond just Fox News.  He's definitely 24/7 on Newsmax, OAN, and his psychotic twitter algorithm.  There was no way to miss the McConnell stuff otherwise.

He didn't just freeze, he seized up.  Came close to or actually did throw a rod.  I know his pistons hit the valves.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Joe Biden could pee his pants in the debate, forget his own name, and yell obscenities at the moderator and I would still vote for him over Donald Trump.

90% chance Trump does two out of three of those

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Joe Biden could pee his pants in the debate, forget his own name, and yell obscenities at the moderator and I would still vote for him over Donald Trump.

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

90% chance Trump does two out of three of those

Yep and his cult has the same response. It doesn’t help to have the same response as them, even though I know you meant it differently. 

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep and his cult has the same response. It doesn’t help to have the same response as them, even though I know you meant it differently. 

I'd like to say it's because he's running against Donald Trump, but let's be honest, it's any Republican at this point.

29 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

What do you mean? Ronnie Johnson said he’s the healthiest president with the best cognitive scores he’s ever seen 

After you scroll past all the google hits on "Dr. Ronnie Johnson" about Ronny Jackson...the first two legit Doctors are a PhD teaching African Studies.  The other a physician on the East Coast who helps men with breast related health issues.  

This fucking simulation.  

• immamac changed the title to [DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.