[DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.

bolverk

32 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Joe Biden could pee his pants in the debate, forget his own name, and yell obscenities at the moderator and I would still vote for him over Donald Trump.

He could shoot dotard in the face and I would vote for him.  Hell,I would make sure my first grandkid was named after him.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

36 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

He could shoot dotard in the face and I would vote for him.  Hell,I would make sure my first grandkid was named after him.  

There is a more than solid chance he might have legal immunity to do so prior to the debate.  

That's a joke, but fuck it might be true.  What in the actual fuck.  

• Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Government controlling the means of information production?

Well giving it to private individuals is working out splendidly. 

48 minutes ago, Js1 said:

CBS, ABC, NBC should be government owned and operated. Including all local subsidiaries. 

What? How does that even make sense. Also I feel ABC has extremely balanced coverage, it's also the most watched news in America. (Nightly news) 

20 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Wat

Knee jerk but Sinclair is absolutely destroying local media. And has been, for a while. Forced conservative editorials to shape public opinion at the local level, where most people get their news 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Knee jerk but Sinclair is absolutely destroying local media. And has been, for a while. Forced conservative editorials to shape public opinion at the local level, where most people get their news 

I disagree on a number of levels with this idea, though what Sinclair has done is thoroughly awful.  However, I've read in the past the viewership of local news is down considerably as well, so I don't think this is a primary news outlet like it was in the past.  It still attracts older local viewers, but it doesn't tap into younger viewership like it once did.  For better or worse (often the latter), most people are getting their news online more than anything.  

The 4th estate is in absolute shambles, but nationalizing it runs the risk of turning into Soviet State media or worse.  The solution is to quit watching it, and quit rewarding this behavior via subscription packages if possible.  Eventually, someone is going to break the media strangle hold on packages (streaming, cable, etc), and I personally am looking forward to this.  The other thing I think should happen is a push for anti-trust legislation against media conglomerates like Sinclair, ABC/Disney, NBC, Fox, Warner/Discovery, etc.  Further the DOJ hasn't conducted in meaningful Anti-Trust actions in years, and it's high time that not only media face a day of reckoning but also just about every other conglomerate in our stratosphere.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The other thing I think should happen is a push for anti-trust legislation against media conglomerates like Sinclair, ABC/Disney, NBC, Fox, Warner/Discovery, etc.  Further the DOJ hasn't conducted in meaningful Anti-Trust actions in years, and it's high time that not only media face a day of reckoning but also just about every other conglomerate in our stratosphere

There ya go. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The only thing worse than a Free Press is a government controlled press

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=biden+howard+stern+interview&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:99612c3c,vid:Fz45sMb4js8,st:1678

Full Joe Biden interview by Howard Stern. Mentioned it after a bunch of clips were released, and promised to meg anyone bringing the Biden is senile bullshit. So, I’ve got a lot of negs to give to @pronghorn, though I’ll change them if he watches the interview and make a credible case Biden is senile.

Worth sending to my in-laws that swear upon everything holy he can’t do anything without a teleprompter?  I don’t expect them to watch it for an hour, but I’m trying to save up evidence to dump on them in September or October. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, immamac said:

Embedded. 

That's great but this is two months old.  He doesn't sound like that lately.  I guess we have to wait until his next sit down to determine how well he's held up.

Edited by PRONG HORN
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 19

6 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

Was his "big lulz" trolling?  Why not? 

Your response was a complete troll. His big lulz sarcasm was a dig at how fucking asenine your post is. Stop doing the aww shucks thing, unless you had a traumatic brain injury in the last month you know what the fuck you are doing and you know how it ends here. 

Well this thread has officially jumped the Electric Shark.  

Let's get it back on track, lots going on.  For instance, does anybody know a reliable news outlet that has outlined the rules/details for next week's debates?  

Fox basically says, "Doesn't matter, Trump is gonna run circles around Biden as usual."  But they don't about format or rules.

And CNN's position, "The debate may not end until after 10:00p and Trump is used to staying up to post things until well after midnight.  Here's why this could hurt Joe Biden." 

That's another weird thing about Trump's administration.  Is between his tweet timestamps, the truncated PDB/DNI meetings, and his publicly available schedule each day.  You could see that "Yeah, he was up late presumably fake 'working'."  But unless he was seen golfing or traveling, 2/3rds of the time---there was virtually nothing between lunch and 9:00p.  I mentioned this to a MAGA friend and he said, "Well, maybe he was in the SitRoom, ever think of that?  They don't make that public."  Yeah uh, if he was spending 8 waking hours a day in the underground SitRoom for 3 years during relative peacetime...I think that's kind of a red flag by itself.  

3 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

@PRONG HORN, you remind me of a guy I met. Opinionated and myopic. A friend who went fishing with him learned he was a poacher.

I'm pretty hardcore pro animal.  I've even marched for animals.  I do still love a big bloody ribeye.

• Fuck You 3

Posted (edited)

The clip starts out weird with comparing himself to Capone.  Then gets just bleakly twisted when discussing Capone killing his ally Lindell at dinner.  But then to tie it to burying him under the WTC, where the remains of thousands of people are still buried to this day?  

If I was loading that into the teleprompter, I'd just stop and take up smoking crack.  

Edited by YGIFS

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Meanwhile Trump was talking the other night about how Al Capone would have buried Mike Lindell under the WTC and Trumpers just nod along like it’s the Gettysburg Address. 

He’s also talked multiple times about “the late great Hannibal Lecter” as if he was a real person and “a wonderful man.”

And then there’s this:

”Former White House communications director Alyssa Farah Griffin said former President Trump talked about executing people multiple times at White House meetings.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4723891-farah-griffin-trump-talked-about-executing-people-at-several-white-house-meetings/

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’s also talked multiple times about “the late great Hannibal Lecter” as if he was a real person and “a wonderful man.”

And then there’s this:

”Former White House communications director Alyssa Farah Griffin said former President Trump talked about executing people multiple times at White House meetings.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4723891-farah-griffin-trump-talked-about-executing-people-at-several-white-house-meetings/

Reading stuff like this makes me feel good about the decision I made to go live in Hawaii starting in January. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Let's get it back on track, lots going on.  For instance, does anybody know a reliable news outlet that has outlined the rules/details for next week's debates?  

I still doubt it happens. Trump will back out. He has to wash the dead cat glued to his head or something lame

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Reading stuff like this makes me feel good about the decision I made to go live in the Hawaii starting in January. 

Trump has a plan to buy Hawaii for the US, might even make it a state when he sees how many white people live there. They even speak English, nobody knows that, lots of English spoken there…

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

38 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Trump has a plan to buy Hawaii for the US, might even make it a state when he sees how many white people live there. They even speak English, nobody knows that, lots of English spoken there…

Wait until someone explains American Samoa to him.

7 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Recognize truth Imma.  My big lulz sarcasm was a dig at how asinine his post was.  Why protect him?  Do you know how that makes you look?  

I’m laughing at your obvious bullshit.  This isn’t hard dude. You live in a fucking fantasy world. Enjoy I guess, but none of what you believe is real. You should try to recognize that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Wait until someone explains American Samoa to him.

“The woke left took our cookies. We had the perfect Caramel Delite cookie from the perfect Girl Scouts and the radical communists had to make the cookie ethnic and name it after some island jumpers. Very sad.” 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

“The woke left took our cookies. We had the perfect Caramel Delite cookie from the perfect Girl Scouts and the radical communists had to make the cookie ethnic and name it after some island jumpers. Very sad.” 

I would honest to God be shocked if he didn’t call it American Mimosa. Zero chance he has ever said Samoa in his entire life.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, immamac said:

You seriously need to get off of Twitter. 

Or maybe just turn off embeds on DT and CR for a few weeks.  Give it it a shot during the off season. See if maybe that helps. Twitter is not all brain damaged cancer, but a shit load of what makes it posted here is.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I’m laughing at your obvious bullshit.  This isn’t hard dude. You live in a fucking fantasy world. Enjoy I guess, but none of what you believe is real. You should try to recognize that. 

All I said was it’s been two months since the stern interview let’s see how he does during his next sit down interview.  
What I believe is he’s not the same guy the last six months and maybe not the last two months since that interview.  Hardly a reach.

• Fuck You 6

2 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

All I said was it’s been two months since the stern interview let’s see how he does during his next sit down interview.  
What I believe is he’s not the same guy the last six months and maybe not the last two months since that interview.  Hardly a reach.

Yes, I'm sure you thought he was perfectly fine six months ago.  Dude, you can't hang around here posting shit for years and years and then pretend like you didn't.  You have a reputation for a reason.  No one is falling for your disingenuous bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

All of the news sources you use for your Biden information have been consistent that Biden is senile and shits his pants for the last three years. There has been no change in their messaging. You are completely full of shit if you think there's anything that's changed in the last two months other than you trying to defend the obvious incorrectness of those takes.

7 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

It is a reach and you’re a fucking moron. 

• immamac changed the title to [DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.