[DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.

bolverk

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Trump threatens to lose the debate on purpose and the rules are making it rigged against him

GOP media is now claiming CNN is leaking the questions to Biden

Trump is not going to do this debate 

If Trump doesn’t show, he’ll be called a coward and rightly so. He’ll be a chickenshit for being afraid to go up against “senile,” “sleepy Joe.” Is he willing to be laughed at? And is he willing to pass up the opportunity to trample all over whatever restraints they try to impose on him at the debate? On national TV?

I’m not sure I agree with James Carville. I’ve heard the predictions that Trump won’t show but I’m still inclined to think he will. He hates being laughed at more than anything and he’ll be begging for it if he wimps out.

We’ll see. It will sure be fun if he bails. 

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If Trump doesn’t show, he’ll be called a coward and rightly so. He’ll be a chickenshit for being afraid to go up against “senile,” “sleepy Joe.” Is he willing to be laughed at? And is he willing to pass up the opportunity to trample all over whatever restraints they try to impose on him at the debate? On national TV?

I’m not sure I agree with James Carville. I’ve heard the predictions that Trump won’t show but I’m still inclined to think he will. He hates being laughed at more than anything and he’ll be begging for it if he wimps out.

Biden should show up regardless. I'm on the fence on whether I think Trump will show. I could see the GOP making up rumors about Biden knowing the question in advance to offset a scenario where Biden does very well.  They will say, "I'm not saying that Biden got the questions in advance but plenty of other people are saying it." 

28 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

MIT elitist, huh?  You can't tell us common folk the best way we should die.  Shark attack it is!

CSB- I actually am terrified of sharks and years ago almost drowned in St. Johns while snorkeling when I saw a shark (in hindsight it was a baby shark about a foot long) that was at the bottom of ocean about 30 feet below me.  I did what you should do when you see a shark and started splashing hysterically and swimming towards the shore as fast as I could.  When I got close to the shore, I looked in the water and a guppy swam right next to my mask which scared the shit out of me, and I swallowed sea water which is the almost drowning part.  Swam to the beach, coughing and hacking from the water and the wife who was sitting on the beach gave me the "you are an idiot look".  

I found this funny, then I got to the end, where you mention your wife. Because until then I thought you were telling a story from childhood. Then it became hilarious. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Biden should show up regardless. I'm on the fence on whether I think Trump will show. I could see the GOP making up rumors about Biden knowing the question in advance to offset a scenario where Biden does very well.  They will say, "I'm not saying that Biden got the questions in advance but plenty of other people are saying it." 

don't they often get the questions in advance, or at least the general topics to be discussed?

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

don't they often get the questions in advance, or at least the general topics to be discussed?

I believe there is normally a range of topics that are agreed upon. Like economy, values, education or foreign affairs. Of course that doesnt' prevent a candidate from veering off to say whatever they want especially with Trump. 

are they going to have SS on stage? I mean, we're going to have a sitting President debate a convicted felon. some of his crimes are violent. will there be a protective barrier if not? 

Also, last time he tried to kill Biden with Covid.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

29 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

MIT elitist, huh?  You can't tell us common folk the best way we should die.  Shark attack it is!

CSB- I actually am terrified of sharks and years ago almost drowned in St. Johns while snorkeling when I saw a shark (in hindsight it was a baby shark about a foot long) that was at the bottom of ocean about 30 feet below me.  I did what you should do when you see a shark and started splashing hysterically and swimming towards the shore as fast as I could.  When I got close to the shore, I looked in the water and a guppy swam right next to my mask which scared the shit out of me, and I swallowed sea water which is the almost drowning part.  Swam to the beach, coughing and hacking from the water and the wife who was sitting on the beach gave me the "you are an idiot look".  

Simialr thing happened when I was 10. Snorkeling in about 20' of water off of 7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman.  Only my predator was an 8' long Morey eel. I swam over to my dad and brother to warn them, then I got the hell out of there thrashing like a wounded bait fish with ADD.

Shame on my parents for letting me watch The Deep right before that trip. Worth it to see Jacqueline Bissett's tits though.

I wonder if neither side really wants their guy up on a debate stage but neither can afford to look weak by refusing, so it’s a game of chicken to see who backs out first. Guess we will know if both show up and it’s a shit show. 

They can both probably do the “answer the question you want to answer, no matter the question asked” routine just fine without too much quick thinking required. 

They should have a Dr as the moderator, and ask them questions from a cognitive test & see if either of them figure out the secret. 
If the both fail, are we stuck with picking between Kamala, RFK Jr, and whoever the Trump Cultists elevate to the VP for the ticket?

What a country we live in; 330 million people (160 million registered voters) and this is what we have to choose between to lead the country ...... we are fucked

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

They should have a Dr as the moderator, and ask them questions from a cognitive test & see if either of them figure out the secret. 
If the both fail, are we stuck with picking between Kamala, RFK Jr, and whoever the Trump Cultists elevate to the VP for the ticket?
What a country we live in; 330 million people (160 million registered voters) and this is what we have to choose between to lead the country ...... we are fucked

Yeah, the choice between a good president and maybe the worst person on earth.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You do realize that they'll call Biden a coward for trying to "rig" the debate and millions upon millions upon millions of people will nod their head in agreement. He's being mocked and laughed at constantly, but only by half the country, the other half is like "well I get it, sharks and batteries are dangerous, and did you see Biden stare that one time, he's losing it . . . "

Edited by 'stache

40 minutes ago, 'stache said:

You do realize that they'll call Biden a coward for trying to "rig" the debate

Whatever. How do you “rig” a debate? There aren’t going to be any surprise “gotcha” questions. And there’s never a defined winner. Trump and his media echo chamber will claim victory regardless as long as he shows up. And it doesn’t matter. If Trump chickens out, he’ll look like a coward to everyone outside of the cult.

Trump will always spew bullshit in every circumstance no matter what so you can’t worry about that. ‘You do realize he’s going to spew bullshit, right?’ So what? Let him spew. He’ll still get laughed at for being a chickenshit and he HATES that. 

Posted (edited)

The most recent Marist poll has shown, in a 2-way race, a 6 point drop among independents for Trump, and a 10-point drop in the full race of all candidates. In the last almost month, since 5/23

Edited by Js1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

are they going to have SS on stage? I mean, we're going to have a sitting President debate a convicted felon. some of his crimes are violent. will there be a protective barrier if not? 

It would be hilarious if it turns out a convicted felon can't be within a certain distance of POTUS, thus dotard can't be on stage.

8 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It would be hilarious if it turns out a convicted felon can't be within a certain distance of POTUS, thus dotard can't be on stage.

I guess that means if Trump wins he'll have to be split in half to keep the two parts separate. If so, I'd consider voting for him. 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was told he was in end stage dementia, and a free form hour plus interview he did a few months ago could not be used to predict his current mental status. How  would giving him the questions beforehand help?

also just hit me. If the trump camp is alleging Biden is being given the questions beforehand, I have no doubt trump was given 

Person

Man

Woman

Camera

TV 

about a month ahead of his cognitive test

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

CSB- I actually am terrified of sharks and years ago almost drowned in St. Johns while snorkeling when I saw a shark (in hindsight it was a baby shark about a foot long) that was at the bottom of ocean about 30 feet below me. 

babysharknick.jpg?auto=webp&fit=crop&hei

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, LTbear said:

I found this funny, then I got to the end, where you mention your wife. Because until then I thought you were telling a story from childhood. Then it became hilarious. 

image.gif.2902b29795b59bde15b655cf1d323d73.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

We now go live to three pro-Biden low-shower pressure NY libtards:

Friend of mine would bring along a Speakman shower head and wrench on golf trips to replace low flow shower heads at the hotel/lodge where we stayed.  /csb

The race is over, Trump has gone on TV in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona and Nebraska totaling.... $39,000. 

In case anyone was worried he was actually going to spend the electric boatloads of money he supposedly raised after the conviction.  And no Georgia or Wisconsin. 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Trump will bring the SA, for sure.  I think the Schutz Staffel is part of Project 2025 as is the Geheime Staatspolizei.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I have trouble laughing at a lot of this stuff anymore. I checked on the thread about FOX "News" and saw the videos of bald-face lying. 

They more they lie and push batshittery, the more desperate they are, which means their internal numbers look really bad and they are desperately looking for something to hurt Biden with.

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The moment his microphone gets muted, it’ll be like they are castrating him because his ability to try and dominate conversations and debates is everything to him.  I give it about 50/50 at this point whether he shows, because if they ask him a question he doesn’t like or Biden makes a comment he doesn’t like and then they mute his microphone, he could lose it bigly.  

He also runs the risk of being asked to explain some of his recent batshit remarks, and he never likes to admit he’s wrong, so any handlers he has know that he will double down on the batshittery.  I’d almost put money on it that the moderators will ask him to explain some of his latest batshit stuff, because the soundbites would be too tempting to pass up,

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The moment his microphone gets muted, it’ll be like they are castrating him because his ability to try and dominate conversations and debates is everything to him.  I give it about 50/50 at this point whether he shows, because if they ask him a question he doesn’t like or Biden makes a comment he doesn’t like and then they mute his microphone, he could lose it bigly.  

He also runs the risk of being asked to explain some of his recent batshit remarks, and he never likes to admit he’s wrong, so any handlers he has know that he will double down on the batshittery.  I’d almost put money on it that the moderators will ask him to explain some of his latest batshit stuff, because the soundbites would be too tempting to pass up,

I think he shows up and walks off over being cut off

• Hook 'Em 1

This is so many of y’all

Markley suffers from what he called a sort of “PTSD” from years of scandals that have failed to remove Trump from public life. The affliction presents with an unusual symptom: It makes some critics of the former president believe that anything badthat happens to Trump may end up being good for Trump.

Democrats are always “looking for the dark lining in the silver cloud at all times,” especially with regards to Trump, says Dan Pfeiffer, former adviser to President Barack Obama and current podcast host, whose inbox and text messages filled up with this kind of anxious talk after the Trump verdict.

“It’s only natural that people would become catastrophizers about Trump,” Pfeiffer says. “But it’s actually not true that he hasn’t faced accountability. Every time he has been on the ballot since 2016, literally and figuratively, he has lost.”

Mythologizing Trump as some kind of invincible monster who can absorb all attacks and only become stronger — that might be the thing that helps Trump and his Republican allies, Pfeiffer says. “When we pretend like he can survive anything, it imbues him with strength and gives him political advantage with a lot of people,” he says. “But the reality is, how bad a criminal do you have to be to be one of the most politically connected and richest guys around, and still be convicted of 34 counts of falsifying business records? The truth is he’s kind of a clown.”

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I think he shows up and walks off over being cut off

If he walks off all Joe has to say is “ he couldn’t stand up in court and defend himself, he couldn’t stand up and debate, how can he be expected to stand up for our country and citizens?”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

53 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Awhile back I mentioned that if they have a debate then they need to be able to cut Trump’s microphone to keep him from talking over his opponent. They’ve done that. I also said they should place each candidate in a clear plexiglass booth so Trump can’t roam around the stage. This morning I saw a woman on cable news wonder if Trump might leave his podium and go shout into Biden’s microphone while he’s speaking.

Trump will definitely test the limits of whatever restraints they put on him. He’ll shout and lie and hurl false accusations and try to exceed his allotted 2 minutes every time he’s asked a question. It sucks that we can’t have a legitimate debate where the two candidates just talk about policy and that for the most part the viewing public (and the media covering it) doesn’t care. 

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, tx ind said:

If he walks off all Joe has to say is “ he couldn’t stand up in court and defend himself, he couldn’t stand up and debate, how can he be expected to stand up for our country and citizens?”

Per Texags, Joe will have an ear piece and Trump should go on stage with a frequency scrambler in his pocket. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

So… starting in July around 8 million people with student loans will now see new income driven payment amounts out of the SAVE program. 13 days from now it will be a bigger story, but loan forgiveness continues to be one of the more influential policies Joseph has gone forward with, and a very stark contrast against Republicans. 

Putting more money back in working class Americans wallets who will spend, instead of doing the Republican thing and focusing on breaks for the top 1-2 percent that frankly doesn’t trickle it down to others. One is considered a bribe, the other is good policy.

While nowhere near as big as Obamacare rollout , and with far less fanfare, the importance of getting this done correctly will be YUGE. 

Spoiler
On July 1, millions of federal student loan borrowers will see their monthly bills drop — some by as much as half — as the Biden administration’s new income-driven payment plan, known as SAVE, takes full effect.
But first, the government and its four loan servicers have to resolve a major hiccup.
Starting next month, borrowers enrolled in the SAVE plan with only undergraduate loans will have their monthly payments capped at 5 percent of their discretionary income, down from the current 10 percent limit. (Graduate school loan payments will remain at a maximum of 10 percent, while people with a mix of undergrad and graduate loans will have a weighted payment.)
The loan servicers are relying on the Education Department to send them the new loan amounts for every borrower. But the department has not yet finished making calculations, according to three people familiar with the process, who asked for anonymity because they are not authorized to speak about the issue publicly.
To buy time, the department instructed its servicers to place borrowers with payments due in early July into an administrative forbearance for the month, which means no payment from them will be required.

More than eight million borrowers have enrolled in the SAVE plan. Many received notices this month saying that their account had been placed into forbearance, sparking widespread surprise and confusion.
“I was freaking out a little bit,” said Iván Barragán, who got a letter from his servicer, MOHELA, last week. “I thought I had done something wrong. Then I quickly went on Twitter and saw that a bunch of people were also getting the notices.”
The letter he received from MOHELA did not say why his account status had been changed. He got an explanation only after he contacted the company, which sent back a note saying that the one-month forbearance was a timeout so his payment rate could be recalculated. (A MOHELA spokesman directed questions about the issue to the Education Department.)
Vanessa Harmoush, a spokeswoman for the Education Department, confirmed the recalculation delay.
“We look forward to providing millions of borrowers with lower monthly payments,” she said. “Some borrowers may be placed in a brief processing forbearance to ensure they can access the full benefits of the SAVE plan and that their new payment amounts are accurate.”
These forbearances will count as a qualifying month of payment for borrowers on SAVE and other plans that lead to loan forgiveness after a set number of payments, Ms. Harmoush said. (People on SAVE can have their remaining loan balances eliminated after 10 to 20 years of monthly payments.)

That’s a relief for Mr. Barragán, who works as an administrator for the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. He is pursuing Public Service Loan Forgiveness, a program that discharges the remaining loan balance for government and nonprofit workers after a decade of qualifying payments.
For such borrowers, this month becomes essentially a freebie; they can pay nothing and still get credit. Mr. Barragán, who recently married, plans to put the $430 he’ll save toward a planned wedding celebration.
The process of essentially restarting the $1.6 trillion federal student loan payment system last fall — after a three-year pause prompted by the economic turmoil that accompanied the coronavirus pandemic — has been turbulent.
The Biden administration has worked to overhaul the system with new rules and a plethora of fixes for long-troubled loan forgiveness programs. Those efforts have led to the elimination of $167 billion in debt for nearly five million borrowers; the SAVE payment plan allowed more than four million low-income borrowers to qualify for $0 monthly payments.
But making so many changes so quickly has been challenging, and glitches and errors — some affecting hundreds of thousands of people — have been common.

Representatives for loan servicers, speaking anonymously because their contracts with the Education Department prohibit them from speaking publicly, said they were frustrated by the last-minute SAVE calculation delay and the scrambling it required.
Borrowers, though, are eager to see their payments slashed next month. The reductions will happen automatically for those enrolled in SAVE.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

• immamac changed the title to [DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.