2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Is prah-leen a thing?

It sure as shit is if you have any NOLA blood in you.

Also, I do not approve of associating the deliciousness of pralines with Stephen Miller in any way.  If he was an ice cream flavor, it would be Shit and Dicks.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

It sure as shit is if you have any NOLA blood in you.

Also, I do not approve of associating the deliciousness of pralines with Stephen Miller in any way.  If he was an ice cream flavor, it would be Shit and Dicks.

Huh. I've never heard it pronounced that way.

On 6/18/2024 at 4:48 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Leak for Trump: one of the questions will definitely be, “Who won the election in 2020?”

If the moderator doesn’t ask that question, they should be tard and feathered

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Pundits rn:

crushed noo GIF

I've seen this GIF many times over the past several years, mostly by Trump supporters mocking pissed-off libs for his election in 2016, but I have never asked what the real story is behind it. Where's it from? Why have I never seen the actual video in context?

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I've seen this GIF many times over the past several years, mostly by Trump supporters mocking pissed-off libs for his election in 2016, but I have never asked what the real story is behind it. Where's it from? Why have I never seen the actual video in context?

It's that woman's reaction the exact moment Trump was sworn in.  At the time it may have seemed a little over the top....but it turns out it was prescient. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's that woman's reaction the exact moment Trump was sworn in.  At the time it may have seemed a little over the top....but it turns out it was prescient. 

Gracias. I didn't watch the inauguration, so I guess I missed the whole context other than the "cry more, libs" assholes who kept posting it before they slunk away from this board, and all became Gary Johnson voters.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Huh. I've never heard it pronounced that way.

Prah-leen is the only way I heard it growing up in Louisiana.  Only when moving to Texas did I hear it pronounced the other way.  My wife insists on Pray-leen.  She's just wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Eat shit, Nate Silver

Lol.  That trial was the best thing that ever happened to dumbfuck.  The more he ‘campaigns’ and people see/hear him, the lower his chances are.  Again, I’m annoyed he’s got a shot but the more he opens his mouth, the lower he sinks.  

• Hook 'Em 4

On 6/17/2024 at 6:48 AM, immamac said:

everyone gets that he's old. You need to get off of Twitter man. 

On 6/17/2024 at 11:02 AM, immamac said:

You seriously need to get off of Twitter. 

The :42 clip I posted was shared by Piers Morgan from LEFT leaning Chris Gardner a reporter from the celeb rag The Hollywood Reporter.  Left leaning dude.  Not doctored.  Not a "cheap fake" or manipulated as KJP likes to say.  I don't need to get off Twitter.  You told several posters over the last month or so that they need to get over the sources of clips.  Have you lost that objectivity?  I'm not bumping this to rehash whether Joe actually "froze" or not.  I'm bringing it up again to show that the source and clip are legit.  Here's Chris Gardner's 42 second phone clip from his personal Tweet.  Imma is this what you meant when you said I was "pushing a clearly false and debunked narrative"?  

Poncho the funny thing about a clip from an account that has "no lie" in their title, and that account stating that the clip in question is a lie, mentioning right wing media, and claiming to have the "actual footage", is that you did exactly what Imma accuses me of.  You posted a cut and manipulated clip to try and push your point.  My clip from LEFT leaning reporter vs. your clip from "No Lie" Brian.  

Who shared disinformation?  Shocked?  

On 6/17/2024 at 7:30 AM, Pancho said:

prong horn shares right wing disinformation? Shocking.

Poncho you were wondering why I didn't post this.  I replied that I had not seen the pic and lets look at the clip. 

On 6/17/2024 at 8:27 AM, Pancho said:

You didn’t post this—why not?

Here's the clip.  Are you still wondering why I didn't post the above pic?  Imma if you're keeping score, Poncho has two BS tweets on this thread that I know of, and I have ZERO.  

Imma is Poncho's brain completely rotted?  Is he capable of cognitive thought at this point?  My twitter feed might be toxic, but is it more toxic than Poncho's

On 6/17/2024 at 12:02 PM, immamac said:

Your brain is completely rotted and incapable of actual cognitive thoughts at this point. Not because you are old, but because you've poisoned it much like a fox news watcher has with your moronically curated Twitter feed that is toxic beyond belief. 

On 6/18/2024 at 8:53 AM, immamac said:

Either get your shit together or take your brain rot to another community. Those are your options, Biden being old isn't off limits. Biden doing shit you don't like isn't off limits. Biden not being the person you vote for isn't off limits. Being a trump supporter isn't off limits. 

Pushing a clearly false and debunked narrative with videos and complete horseshit commentary that you are clearly getting from obviously fucked sources who are purposefully pumping out disinformation at a factory level is off limits. 

I've warned you several times and told you to get off Twitter for your own sake, but if you want to continue down the brain rot path that's up to you and it won't be here.

I have a history of extremely consistently hard moderation against disinformation like this. Not the "disinformation" some posters who are liberal with the word try to say. 

Biden is a mush brained old man. I've said it a bunch of times before myself. That's not what the issue is here and if you can't understand the difference that's why you can't be a part of this community anymore. 

I think this rather Bolverkian rant of yours begs the question.  Is it about my one post on this thread, or is it also about tweets on the other threads?  If pushing "clearly false and debunked narratives" is off limits for me, is it also off limits for Poncho?  Where are the clearly false tweets I posted because there aren't any on this thread.  If you have any issues with tweets that I post I'm always ready to comply as I have before (volume of daily posts), but this get off Twitter or you wont be a part of this community anymore is a bit much.  You're a great mod who tries to treat "the other side" the same as your own, but I think this is not one of your shining moments.  

• Fuck You 16

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

Come on man. Knock it off. 

I'm not throwing shade at either of you guys.  Fake shit gets posted sometimes.  Just don't throw around the idea of me not being in this community because of "all my fake shit".  

• Fuck You 12

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

“This other guy posted fake stuff once which justifies my posting it constantly”

-- pronghorn, definitely 

Where?  The Palestine protest thread?  There is no "posting it constantly" track record anywhere on Surly.   

• Fuck You 9

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

spacer.pngYou’re so fucking white, you can’t even get Pancho correct?   Troll. 

Obviously that is Oscar Isaac from several years ago, but which Skarsgård brother is this?  Because Stellan had 8 kids.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

I'm not throwing shade at either of you guys.  Fake shit gets posted sometimes.  Just don't throw around the idea of me not being in this community because of "all my fake shit".  

Ok poncho.  

4 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Poncho you were wondering why I didn't post this.  I replied that I had not seen the pic and let’s look at the clip. 

The picture Pancho posted was an example of the opposite side of the equation. The same misinformation type of shit you post. The reason he posted it was to point out why you only post one sided misinformation shit. You admitting you hadn’t seen it, and now, since its the other side, want to make sure it’s real, only confirm Immamac point that you live in a toxic Twitter world of tunnel vision batshittery. You not understanding the irony confirms both their points that Twitter has warped your brain. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

no, I get the inference and I know history, but you clearly knew I was talking about the Secret Service, not the Schutzstaffel. hence I thought it was an attempt at humor, maybe not.

Of course it was.  Riffing on "SS," which does seem to be part of Project 2025, along with the Gestapo.

5 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

The :42 clip I posted was shared by Piers Morgan from LEFT leaning Chris Gardner a reporter from the celeb rag The Hollywood Reporter.  Left leaning dude.  Not doctored.  Not a "cheap fake" or manipulated as KJP likes to say.  I don't need to get off Twitter.  You told several posters over the last month or so that they need to get over the sources of clips.  Have you lost that objectivity?  I'm not bumping this to rehash whether Joe actually "froze" or not.  I'm bringing it up again to show that the source and clip are legit.  Here's Chris Gardner's 42 second phone clip from his personal Tweet.  Imma is this what you meant when you said I was "pushing a clearly false and debunked narrative"?  

Poncho the funny thing about a clip from an account that has "no lie" in their title, and that account stating that the clip in question is a lie, mentioning right wing media, and claiming to have the "actual footage", is that you did exactly what Imma accuses me of.  You posted a cut and manipulated clip to try and push your point.  My clip from LEFT leaning reporter vs. your clip from "No Lie" Brian.  

Who shared disinformation?  Shocked?  

Poncho you were wondering why I didn't post this.  I replied that I had not seen the pic and lets look at the clip. 

Here's the clip.  Are you still wondering why I didn't post the above pic?  Imma if you're keeping score, Poncho has two BS tweets on this thread that I know of, and I have ZERO.  

Imma is Poncho's brain completely rotted?  Is he capable of cognitive thought at this point?  My twitter feed might be toxic, but is it more toxic than Poncho's

I think this rather Bolverkian rant of yours begs the question.  Is it about my one post on this thread, or is it also about tweets on the other threads?  If pushing "clearly false and debunked narratives" is off limits for me, is it also off limits for Poncho?  Where are the clearly false tweets I posted because there aren't any on this thread.  If you have any issues with tweets that I post I'm always ready to comply as I have before (volume of daily posts), but this get off Twitter or you wont be a part of this community anymore is a bit much.  You're a great mod who tries to treat "the other side" the same as your own, but I think this is not one of your shining moments.  

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

Yep it’s too early for this shit.  I know there is a ton of crap on Twitter and it gets posted sometimes.  Im not actually calling you out for it, I used it to prove a point.  

• Fuck You 9

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Strange how that one poster always goes on these epic rants in the middle of the night.  Almost like he's not in the US time zone.

the simpsons art GIF by hoppip

• Drool 2

3 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Yep it’s too early for this shit.  I know there is a ton of crap on Twitter and it gets posted sometimes.  Im not actually calling you out for it, I used it to prove a point.  

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Strange how that one poster always goes on these epic rants in the middle of the night.  Almost like he's not in the US time zone.

But he says it’s early where he is as well…

Always great when someone links an Ian Miles Cheong tweet as if it's some kind of mic drop.

Dude unironically links neo-Nazi shit in the Palestine threads almost daily without even a shred of self awareness, it's remarkable.

9 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

To prove your brain isn't completely rotted, you make a post that literally proves how goddamned stupid you are, by missing Pancho's point, like fucking entirely. You're brains seriously couldn't even exercise a modicum of thought to understand his point. I just, i can't. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You're brain is literally Newsmax mush at this point. Keep it up though, 80 million people in this country agree with your bullshit, you have plenty of outlets that will love you for your lies and never push back, try texags perhaps.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

For debate prep, I’m assuming Biden’s team found some random homeless dude or MisterPhlegm to stand in as Trump and just scream nonsense at him for 2 hours to get him ready 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, immamac said:

Come on man. Knock it off. 

I don't think he can, he literally lacks the cognitive ability to understand Pancho's post. If it's an elaborate troll, that's a ton of effort, I think he is truly just that fucking stupid, hence why he's so susceptible to gqp brainwashing. The most gullible of gullible idiots. 

11 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Always great when someone links an Ian Miles Cheong tweet as if it's some kind of mic drop.

Dude unironically links neo-Nazi shit in the Palestine threads almost daily without even a shred of self awareness, it's remarkable.

I posted a tweet Sunday that shows a pro Palestine shop flying the red flag with a swastika in the middle of it.  Is that what you mean?

If you actually had the balls to look at the thread you would have seen it.  Really you should post on that thread more because I miss feasting on your pro Palestine tears.  

• Fuck You 11

1 minute ago, PRONG HORN said:

I posted a tweet Sunday that shows a pro Palestine shop flying the red flag with a swastika in the middle of it.  Is that what you mean?

If you actually had the balls to look at the thread you would have seen it.  Really you should post on that thread more because I miss feasting on your pro Palestine tears.  

Come the fuck on dude, stop. 

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

For debate prep, I’m assuming Biden’s team found some random homeless dude or MisterPhlegm to stand in as Trump and just scream nonsense at him for 2 hours to get him ready 

I think enlisting an irrational 7 or 8 year old that got their candy taken away would be more in line with Trump's conduct.

• Drool 1