[DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.

bolverk

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

hopefully

resurrection 2.0 will be much better organized and more violent 

Yep.  Pretty sure this ends with full-blown fascism or an insurrection that makes everyone forget about 1/6.  I feel like a lot of people think that as long as Biden wins, everything's going to be okay; this is the election that determines the future of American democracy.  The problem is that the very well-armed and pissed-off horde that Fox News has been grooming for about 3 decades isn't going anywhere either way.

• Like 2

Y’all do know who is going to be commander-in-chief next January, right? if there is any kind of violent insurrection, and it is not immediately put down with lethal force, the fault will be squarely on Biden and Harris

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Y’all do know who is going to be commander-in-chief next January, right? if there is any kind of violent insurrection, and it is not immediately put down with lethal force, the fault will be squarely on Biden and Harris

Gravy Seals vs the military 

I know who I’m putting my money on 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

I get that they'll target election officials, politicians, people with Biden yard signs, et. al.  But what I don't get is where this is all taking place?  Are they thinking they're going to attack government buildings?  Military bases?  Homes of elected officials?  Polling stations (after the fact, which is weird because once the results are certified---those places long since cleared out)?  

I mean, I guess some lunatic can open fire on a shopping mall or church, but in the end-most of the know that doesn't really affect any political change. 

Like, is there a group of Proud Bois/Oathkeepers/MAGA militia standing around a map somewhere in East Texas, plotting, "Okay, if the certification doesn't go our way---we hit 'em hard and fast.  Here, Here, and Here.  That'll show 'em we mean business."

"Um, Doug?  That's a Nacogdoches Arby's, a Port Arthur Dollar General, and Fort Hood.  What's the long-game plan here, sir?"  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Now imagine Biden loyalist units fighting with units that have decided to be loyal to Trump.

They want Loving county, Montgomery County, and Aransas Pass, let them have it. We will have the cities.  When their insulin runs out and the SSI checks stop they’ll lay down their arms. 

Edit I just realized you were talking about military infighting. How many lieutenant colonels can there really be?

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

What the fuck are Biden loyalists?

This. They’re loyal to America and their oath. Not some fat fuck traitor 

• Hook 'Em 3

Were any of the Jan 6 convicts active duty military? You do not fuck around w the uniform military code of justice. 

You would need a flag officer (probably more than one) to rebel. Given they would likely be executed for that if it failed, they would have to be almost certain they would prevail for it to happen. 

How would the logistics even work? You would have to put in place a system to rally junior officers loyal to you (and have troops under their command). That would be very hard to keep under wraps. Plus it’s not going to be Mike Flynn’s brother or anyone like him anywhere near DC November to January 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, Biden is the dictator. Not the guy who says he'll be a dictator. Also Biden throws his name on everything because he just wants to make money. Also he wears stupid long ties and dyes his face orange and wants to fuck his daughter.

So god damn sick of these people. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

43 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Just the worst fucking people

IMG_0122.jpeg

I’m glad she refuted his bullshit with facts and then instead of letting him prattle on moved to the next topic 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I’m glad she refuted his bullshit with facts and then instead of letting him prattle on moved to the next topic 

I would've liked her to force him to address his "Biden is solely responsible for high inflation" lie.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

What the fuck are Biden loyalists?

exactly. I don't know one person who thinks Biden is the best president ever.  I think he's done an exceptional job with what he inherited, but no president is perfect. hasn't happened yet. probably never will. he's done way better than I expected and my only qualification for voting for him (and will be again) is it's a vote against trump. 

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Now imagine Biden loyalist units fighting with units that have decided to be loyal to Trump.

I am mentally prepared for a significant amount of the military to sit this out or switch sides.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

I would've liked her to force him to address his "Biden is solely responsible for high inflation" lie.

I don’t think the GOP has passed a single bill to combat inflation in 18 months. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Of course. But in actuality when you give them a chance to respond, they just blather on more nonsense and try to get more talking points in. Better to end it with a fact and move on. I do wish they would preface the rebuttal with “that was a lie“, but I don’t think they will ever do that

• Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I don’t think the GOP has passed a single bill to combat inflation in 18 months. 

13 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yet inflation is biden's fault.

Right, they're not gonna pass anything to help the situation, because then they couldn't hammer Biden with it during the campaign.  See also: the border crisis and literally every other problem.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I know there is a dis/misinfo thread somewhere but I couldn't find it. anyway, i had a heartbreaking interaction with a good buddy of mine from Houston. Former dnb dj now chocolatier. His music got popular enough he played some massives in europe. now an entrepreneur, he seems to be running with some people that are definitely feeding him bullshit. He's what I would call smart but undereducated, and much like the voting the populace does little to no fact checking of the information he's been fed. anyway, we were heading to Lost Well to grab a pint and catch up and he says, "You know Biden wants to fuck his daughter, right" I, of course, corrected him. And then he followed with Biden wishing there more aircraft carriers in the civil war (or whatever the dumb shit dotard said back in the day). Again, I told him Trump said that, not Biden. Finally, he was like something, something Biden crime family and I kinda lost it. I'm not proud of how I handled myself, but I was not prepared to hear that bullshit from him. I thought,- and this was probably my error - that he was smarter than that. After cooling down and apologizing for my behavior I told him he needs to check his sources from now on. He assured me that he wasn't planning to vote for Trump, but then listed some 3rd party candidate I've never heard of. I started to say that's as good as a vote for drumpf, but I decided to bite my tongue. so frustrating how well disinfo, every accusation, and both sides arguments work on the intellectually lazy. I don't see a way to combat it. in the age of ALL the information at our fingertips, we still allow lies to go unchecked. maddening.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I know there is a dis/misinfo thread somewhere but I couldn't find it. anyway, i had a heartbreaking interaction with a good buddy of mine from Houston. Former dnb dj now chocolatier. His music got popular enough he played some massives in europe. now an entrepreneur, he seems to be running with some people that are definitely feeding him bullshit. He's what I would call smart but undereducated, and much like the voting the populace does little to no fact checking of the information he's been fed. anyway, we were heading to Lost Well to grab a pint and catch up and he says, "You know Biden wants to fuck his daughter, right" I, of course, corrected him. And then he followed with Biden wishing there more aircraft carriers in the civil war (or whatever the dumb shit dotard said back in the day). Again, I told him Trump said that, not Biden. Finally, he was like something, something Biden crime family and I kinda lost it. I'm not proud of how I handled myself, but I was not prepared to hear that bullshit from him. I thought,- and this was probably my error - that he was smarter than that. After cooling down and apologizing for my behavior I told him he needs to check his sources from now on. He assured me that he wasn't planning to vote for Trump, but then listed some 3rd party candidate I've never heard of. I started to say that's as good as a vote for drumpf, but I decided to bite my tongue. so frustrating how well disinfo, every accusation, and both sides arguments work on the intellectually lazy. I don't see a way to combat it. in the age of ALL the information at our fingertips, we still allow lies to go unchecked. maddening.

You should have murdered him. That would've shown him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Prepare for disappointment. Unless maga somehow implements a “get behind the darkies” plan, no lethal force will be used. Again. 

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

Yeah, Biden is the dictator. Not the guy who says he'll be a dictator. Also Biden throws his name on everything because he just wants to make money. Also he wears stupid long ties and dyes his face orange and wants to fuck his daughter.

So god damn sick of these people. 

The only answer to anything is “every accusation is a confession”. It started out as a veiled strategy, where most of it could be hand waved off as a coincidence. Now?  There is no other explanation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

doesn't matter. they have an army ready to scream voter fraud and have already targeted judges that will rule in their favor 

Then why do you care so much if it “doesn’t matter”

We don’t need another Brisket 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Were any of the Jan 6 convicts active duty military? You do not fuck around w the uniform military code of justice. 

You would need a flag officer (probably more than one) to rebel. Given they would likely be executed for that if it failed, they would have to be almost certain they would prevail for it to happen. 

How would the logistics even work? You would have to put in place a system to rally junior officers loyal to you (and have troops under their command). That would be very hard to keep under wraps. Plus it’s not going to be Mike Flynn’s brother or anyone like him anywhere near DC November to January 

This would be somewhat like the IJA and the failboat it became, especially in 1945. The ones that refused to admit defeat would have been the FAFO brigade of 2024. It will not end well for any soldiers who rebel against the armed forces of the United States.

• immamac changed the title to [DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.