[DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.

bolverk

6 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Howard Dean must be losing his absolute mind right now.

Well, at least the two ghost cocks he's been jerking for the last 3 years finally orgasm'd.  He at least finished something for once in his life...

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

I am sympathetic for when you're trying to get out all your talking points and you mispronounce a word or two.  But she really does say, "Crimes against humidity."  

Her deputy Chief of staff was kind enough to call me back on this and assured me in a VM that, "The Congresswoman meant to say 'Crimes Against Humanity' but was caught up in the moment.  But it is possible that Dr. Fauci is also in on the humidity climate hoax of the scientific community as well."  

This happened, this week, in our country, but high level staffers.  If you think she's a fucking moron, just give her staff a call.  I was stuck on Lamar and had some spare time.  

Edited by YGIFS

Posted (edited)

"Crimes Against Bouffantery"???

thread derail.  We visited mom's family all the time in Texas from Chicago, but I really didn't understand "Southern Hair" and all the complexities and factors until I moved down here.  But some aunt or cousin made some wisecrack about an older relative's "Bouffant" in the summer humidity.  I had no idea what that meant.  Couple months later, we're back in Chicago and on Sunday or Monday nights, Longhorn Legend-Steve McMichael would do this sports wrap--up show on the NBC affiliate with Mark Giangreco.  And it was some hot game they played in against what was probably the Falcons or Cowboys or Dolphins, some southern franchise.  And Steve's running through clips with witty commentary.  And there's a shot of some women in the crowd with just ridiculous hair-do's.  And Steve, being from Houston, tells Mark, "It's a myriad of hair bouffontery."  And I just fucking cried laughing.  I read he's doing a bit better, hang tough Steve.  There's hair products on the way, hook 'em.  

Edited by YGIFS

6 hours ago, immamac said:

They don't just come over ot Mexico and speak haitian creole, spoiler alert. 

Spoken like someone who’s not brought a Haitian home to abuela…

6 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Imagine thinking you want more of this when you vote for Trump.

6 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

like a lot of the bullshit I'm filtering out in my personal and social media life, I wish they would stop platforming these people. ignore them. don't give them air. it takes energy away from better endeavors. 

I enjoy seeing the true MAGA nuts losing their minds though, although it can get old since it happens daily.  We’ve never had so many easily-triggered snowflakes in the public spotlight like we have with MAGA.

And we are coming up on July 4th, a great time to troll MAGa family members at family reunions with things like facts, while the rest of the family is busy trying to find a stepsister or stepmom stuck in a washing machine or oven or a stepbrother or stepdad stuck under a sink.

Just don’t go too far in the trolling (I’ve only crossed the line once with a MAGA family member). 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, BeardIP said:

This is crazy. Never would have guessed Silicon Valley and SF would give Trump the time of day.

What is it with these fucking South Africans?

• Hook 'Em 3

Nothing like dying of heat stroke to own the libs. 

add it to the dying of hurricanes and dying of covid.  God damn man.  Some people will do anything to own the libs such amazing dedication. 

37 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Just don’t go too far in the trolling (I’ve only crossed the line once with a MAGA family member). 

BIL at family bday celebration tonight made a crack about illegal immigrants. I told him, “yeah I know, I got killed by an illegal immigrant just last week. They’re everywhere!”

He was utterly baffled and didn’t bring it up again. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

BIL at family bday celebration tonight made a crack about illegal immigrants. I told him, “yeah I know, I got killed by an illegal immigrant just last week. They’re everywhere!”

He was utterly baffled and didn’t bring it up again. 

You were fucking dead bro? Damnnnnnn

11 hours ago, YGIFS said:

If you don't believe me, go hang out at the border and watch tens of thousands of American Seniors every single day pour into Mexico for quality, more affordable care and drugs.  

Based on Surly demographics, most of us are just a divorce and 10 years or so away from moving to The Villages in Florida and banging multiple 50-somethings and 60-somethings every week, while contemplating the costs of our healthcare and drugs. Probably a few trips to Mexico will be in our future.

robert duvall victory GIF

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

divorce and 10 years or so away from moving to The Villages in Florida and banging multiple 50-somethings and 60-somethings every week, while contemplating the costs of our healthcare and drugs. Probably a few trips to Mexico will be in our future.

Don’t threaten me with a good time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Incredulity said:

What exactly, besides food, does Mexico do better than the United States?  Healthcare? is that what I am reading here?

About the same quality with much better access and cost effectiveness.

18 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Well their system of access is obviously much better.  But it's not the third-world shithole people think it is when it comes to health care.  It has so many issues and is so corrupt, but when it comes to quality of care-it's not quite U.S. level but it's pretty fucking good.  While they have nowhere near the same amount, their medical schools are among the best in the world.  They don't have our R&D capacity, but their Pharma industry is very robust.  And their hospitals, at least in the urban areas, are among the very best in the Western Hemisphere, probably better than Canada after the U.S.  

If you don't believe me, go hang out at the border and watch tens of thousands of American Seniors every single day pour into Mexico for quality, more affordable care and drugs.  

This. In point of fact an American is about 6X as likely to go to Mexico for care as the proverbial Canadian is to come to the United States for care. 

Medicine too- I was at the Cancun airport yesterday and people were loading up with OTC Rybelsus for about 1/10 the insurance cost here. 

21 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

About the same quality with much better access and cost effectiveness.

This. In point of fact an American is about 6X as likely to go to Mexico for care as the proverbial Canadian is to come to the United States for care. 

Medicine too- I was at the Cancun airport yesterday and people were loading up with OTC Rybelsus for about 1/10 the insurance cost here. 

Problem is, how much of that medicine is tainted with fentanyl nowadays 

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Of medication in registered pharmacies? An extraordinarily small amount. The real danger around fentanyl with fake prescription drugs are ones sold by unlicensed pharmacies that are controlled substances, esp pain meds. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

You been reading Epoch Times again?  Mexican and Canadian pharmacies have robustly stringent regulations as well.  It's not just Wayne or Ronaldo hastily cutting pills with fentanyl to bag up for the American while they shop for souvenirs.  If there were thousands of Seniors dying from blood thinners laced with fentanyl, that probably would have made the legit news.  

Now you want to fear of God in you this morning?  My FBI friend who was on the background team that picked up that Russian, Vadim Wolfson in Austin a few months back (because the Russian at the end of my street is tied to him financially and wanted to know if I had seen anything suspicious and I had, fun times).  Anyway, you could FOIA this next part, but suffice to say---he also worked a case a couple months back.  Domestic terror group here in Texas.  Shocker.  Started looking into abortion pills (don't remember the specific kinds).  Texans ordering them from out of state and how they could get them before shipping and put fentanyl in them to "punish the wicked."  They were apparently total dipshits, but it raises something to your concern.  In-house pharmacies anywhere in North America are tightly controlled, we know that.  Illegal drugs are often laced with fentanyl, we now know unfortunately all too well about that.  But he discussed a growing concern of Rx or even OTC by mail.  Some lunatic can intercept or lace on site, a massive set of meds, and hurt far more people than a mass shooter ever could.  so that's fun.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

46 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Trump doesn’t put gas in a car. What does he care? Im still amazed he thinks it’s okay to publicly admit crazy shit like this.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 6/7/2024 at 11:13 AM, Incredulity said:

What exactly, besides food, does Mexico do better than the United States?  Healthcare? is that what I am reading here?

Just came back from a week in Tulum. Granted we were by the beach and options were limited, but for the prices they charged, the food was very disappointing. 

$18/hour, no breaks, no meals, I gotta pay for my own transportation/parking, and I get heatstroke?  WHERE DO I SIGN UP???????

I'm beyond not being shocked by this shit anymore.  But I have to admit, I have robustly moved on to the "How the fuck did they workshop this shit?" phase.  

Like when you see your wife's curling iron and it says, "Do not use while sleeping or bathing."  At some point, the sign just becomes another sign of stupidity.  But you find yourself curious as the meeting that led to the label.  

"So we've got lots of social media buzz and registration from our MAGA regulars.  But attendance won't be great, especially for TV.  What if we, and hear me out, basically offer a financial package to non-MAGA diehards that wouldn't normally come out to the rally?  It would be constructed so that after their personal expenses, they'd basically break even and a double-digit percentage of them will require medical attention that we won't pay for.  Is that anything?"

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Got dental work done in Nuevo Laredo when I didn't have insurance. They gave me cocaine to numb my entire fucking body.

10/10 would recommend.

So is this the origin of a "bump referral"? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

"So we've got lots of social media buzz and registration from our MAGA regulars.  But attendance won't be great, especially for TV.  What if we, and hear me out, basically offer a financial package to non-MAGA diehards that wouldn't normally come out to the rally?  It would be constructed so that after their personal expenses, they'd basically break even and a double-digit percentage of them will require medical attention that we won't pay for.  Is that anything?"

Stop drilling, you hit oil!  

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to [DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.