[DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.

bolverk

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

No shit. But she wouldn’t inherit the money from Biden’s campaign or his campaign apparatus. She would need more money than normal because we would be starting from zero. You can’t just flip a switch .

Then the Biden campaign spends money on her behalf.  Jesus, money is the easy part.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

or his campaign apparatus

Isn't it the DNC campaign apparatus?  Why would the Dem nominee, whoever it is, not get the backing of the DNC campaign apparatus?

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

She would need more money than normal because we would be starting from zero.

No she wouldn't.  Biden would need as much, if not more, than her because he has to convince people he's not too old and feeble (Note: I'm not saying he is or isn't, just that that's the narrative he needs to combat).

She just needs name recognition from a media blitz.

I'm with Zogby...

DNC Member Proposes Plan For New Nominee If Biden Steps Aside | HuffPost Latest News

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Believe it or not folks, there are still Trump voters who feel shame and regret.  I know you think all 75mm of them are evil and have no conscious.  But a few of them still feel and want to be part of society.  You won't get them to break for Biden, but you can break them just enough to have a seat in November and get right with God.  

It would be nice to think that everything that has happened since November of 2020 has peeled off millions of them, and I know there are tens of millions who give no shits personally about Trump and just pull the lever marked (R) but they are Republicans, and many Republicans get angry simply because Fox News told them to angry.  The only good news is that the group you are talking about didn’t have their guns taken away, didn’t have their jobs taken by some Fox News fever dream bogeyman who is here illegally trying to force their kids to get gay married, but these people are still going to be pressured heavily by the Fox News morons.

They are gone guys, even if they are embarrassed they already made their choice, the vast vast majority will still vote Trump, some staying home, others for RFK others will vote for biden, but it is all already baked in, there are only 10 or so votes on this bone and wasting even thoughtcycles on them is a waste of time.

GOTV is all that matters, Trump's terror is his only tactic. Biden has advantage in this it is his only strength calming nerves (due to personality and past results). 

People are scared people are tuning out, 33% drop in ratings over the previous debate? could we expect a similar drop in voter totals?

Yes I know it is embarrassing that some were expecting a 15 point win, but this was always impossible.

59 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

No shit. But she wouldn’t inherit the money from Biden’s campaign or his campaign apparatus. She would need more money than normal because we would be starting from zero. You can’t just flip a switch .

She doesn’t have a campaign setup with money already on hand. So even if she raised at the same level as Joe, she’s behind.

This.  It's been discussed.  I know this thread jumps like 10 pages at a time, but try and keep up.

2 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

I'm voting for RFKjr in protest of both of these candidates.  My hopes are that he garners enough support that 3rd party candidates might have a chance in the future. 

yeah i did that too, in 92 and 96. i was young, naive and stupid, what's your reason?

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Well enjoy your vote for the guy who also sexually assaults women.

https://newrepublic.com/post/183382/damning-report-rfk-jr-history-alleged-sexual-assault

What the fuck is wrong with some people? What a bunch of morons we have to share this country with.  Since when did being stupid become a virtue?  

Edited by CTC2
  • Rage+1 1

Joe Biden needs to go on the greatest American crime spree of all time, like right now.  Start firing Supreme Court justices, oh you say he can’t do that? What’s that? Alito just fell out of a window.  Legalize weed and cocaine.  Appoint Hunter Biden drug czar. Replace Merrick Garland with Hillary Clinton.  Just go completely nuts, at least we’ll know he’s alive and shaking shit up.  

/sarcasm 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Joe Biden needs to go on the greatest American crime spree of all time, like right now.  Start firing Supreme Court justices, oh you say he can’t do that? What’s that? Alito just fell out of a window.  Legalize weed and cocaine.  Appoint Hunter Biden drug czar. Replace Merrick Garland with Hillary Clinton.  Just go completely nuts, at least we’ll know he’s alive and shaking shit up.  

/sarcasm 

I was going to give you rep then I noticed you were joking. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

/sarcasm 

Negged for the last bit

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Everyone that gave Biden money would give Whitmer money.  Jesus.

Before she wins the nomination? You don’t think your chosen candidate would just be handed the nomination, do you? Because there’s someone who thinks it should naturally go to Gavin Newsom and someone else who thinks it should go to Pete Buttigieg, and others who think it should go to who knows whom else. If Joe drops out and doesn’t endorse his VP, there will be a long way to go with a lot of infighting before they arrive at a nominee.

I mentioned Pod Save America earlier. They did a good show on Joe vs. The Unknown this past Friday. They debated the pros and cons of Joe staying in or dropping out. At 21 minutes in they discuss the possibilities of what would happen if Joe drops out, whether he endorses Harris or leaves it open to be decided at a brokered convention. It’s a long episode, almost 90 minutes. Live from Boston it included the Massachusetts Governor and also some sports talk. But there’s a lot of substance on the complexities involved if Joe drops out. It’s not as simple as you just getting the candidate you want and all the money flowing their way easy peasy.

You should check it out:

https://crooked.com/podcast/joe-vs-the-unknown/

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Before she wins the nomination? You don’t think your chosen candidate would just be handed the nomination, do you? Because there’s someone who thinks it should naturally go to Gavin Newsom and someone else who thinks it should go to Pete Buttigieg, and others who think it should go to who knows whom else. If Joe drops out and doesn’t endorse his VP, there will be a long way to go with a lot of infighting before they arrive at a nominee.

I mentioned Pod Save America earlier. They did a good show on Joe vs. The Unknown this past Friday. They debated the pros and cons of Joe staying in or dropping out. At 21 minutes in they discuss the possibilities of what would happen if Joe drops out, whether he endorses Harris or leaves it open to be decided at a brokered convention. It’s a long episode, almost 90 minutes. Live from Boston it included the Massachusetts Governor and also some sports talk. But there’s a lot of substance on the complexities involved if Joe drops out. It’s not as simple as you just getting the candidate you want and all the money flowing their way easy peasy.

You should check it out:

https://crooked.com/podcast/joe-vs-the-unknown/

Yep.  I learned a lot from this one and Medhi Hassan is a boss, even though I disagreed with him on a lot.

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

/sarcasm 

don't stop, tease!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

That’s illegal.

Then they make a donation to the Whitmer campaign.

God damn.  This is really the easiest part and you mother fuckers are like "We gotta stick with Biden because we don't have any money otherwise."  It's like Texas thinking they can't fire coach because of a million dollar buyout.

1 hour ago, CTC2 said:

What the fuck is wrong with some people? What a bunch of morons we have to share this country with.  Since when did being stupid become a virtue?  

21 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Somewhere between Honey Boo-boo and Duck Dynasty.

Don’t forget these two

Rush Limbaugh GIF by GIPHY News

L53Aht.gif

Who birthed this moron

Tucker Carlson Wtf GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It could be Harris. The guys from Pod Save America pointed out that it’s the Biden/Harris campaign so if Biden drops out and Harris is the nominee, all that infrastructure and campaign cash would still be available to her. Not so for anyone else. That’s not to say there wouldn’t likely be some change-up in the staffing but their main point was about the money. She’s the only other candidate who’d have free access to it because she’s already on the ticket. 

If her polling is strong enough and she can truly succeed to the campaign apparatus, donors, experts, intel, executives then maybe this is the right answer. There is no other option though. 

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The super money will decide or has already decided who gets the nomination if Biden drops out. Whoever that is will simply offer cabinet posts to the others for their acquiescence. I think it’s Harris, which is not what I thought 24 hours ago. 

Which will inmediately make the number one negative of the candidate.

The DNC strategy is to keep a few million Trump voters at home in November in a few key states.  That's where the resources are being poured.  Much as I love my mother from Mexico who taught me early on in life to stay civically engaged.  Much as I would love a female President, particularly one of color like my mother and to see my daughter's faces when I tell them we're going to the inauguration.  And the "big" idea is to nominate Kamala instead and moronically think they won't drive out every Trump voter who was considering not voting because they'd had enough of his bullshit?  It's not fair, but it's reality.  I think she's continue a fine legacy and team.  But this is not the fucking year to do this kinda stuff.  It's not sexism or racism.  All that happens is she drives out more Trump voters who may have otherwise stayed home.  I didn't invent politics nor the hatred in America's heart.  Your party is fucking this whole thing up twelve ways from Tuesday.  We can sort this all out in 2032.  But we have to last as a nation until then.  

43 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Then they make a donation to the Whitmer campaign.

God damn.  This is really the easiest part and you mother fuckers are like "We gotta stick with Biden because we don't have any money otherwise."  It's like Texas thinking they can't fire coach because of a million dollar buyout.

No the money probably is the easiest though not easy.  A near billion dollar campaign in 120 days is never easy. The analogy is more like hey sark you’re switching teams, coaching Oregon against Ohio State in two weeks. Not sure if the coaching staff at Oregon will coach with you, not sure if the players are gonna stay, not sure if the film and analysts will help you. Good luck! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

The DNC strategy is to keep a few million Trump voters at home in November in a few key states.  That's where the resources are being poured.  Much as I love my mother from Mexico who taught me early on in life to stay civically engaged.  Much as I would love a female President, particularly one of color like my mother and to see my daughter's faces when I tell them we're going to the inauguration.  And the "big" idea is to nominate Kamala instead and moronically think they won't drive out every Trump voter who was considering not voting because they'd had enough of his bullshit?  It's not fair, but it's reality.  I think she's continue a fine legacy and team.  But this is not the fucking year to do this kinda stuff.  It's not sexism or racism.  All that happens is she drives out more Trump voters who may have otherwise stayed home.  I didn't invent politics nor the hatred in America's heart.  Your party is fucking this whole thing up twelve ways from Tuesday.  We can sort this all out in 2032.  But we have to last as a nation until then.  

This.

Gavin Newson and Rafeal Warnock it is then.

Do it.

We'd then likely lose the Senate (probably going to happen anyway), but we'd have better than a punchers chance at the Whitehouse.

Having a woman at the top of the ticket doesn't do anything but get out the anti-woman trump vote whipped up like you said.

Rafeal Warnock is the best of both worlds when it comes to a VP. Religious and person of color. 

Mayor Pete would be great as either IMO, but he has the gay. Pete can be State. Make Kamula AG or a Supreme Court Justice.

Profit?

11 hours ago, BrickTop said:

I’ve never posted here, and I’ll probably regret it but I think this is pretty much dead on, I don’t really follow the inner workings of politics all that clearly so I will make a few points, 1. I am really not a fan of Trump, I’d consider myself a moderate. 2. I watched Biden speak in the 2020 debates and he seemed very strong and in control. 3. No way in hell am I voting for Biden after that debate performance, I have seen senility and Alzheimer’s and maybe that’s not what Biden has but to be honest that version of the POTUS shown in that debate is actually somewhat terrifying. As it stands I’m voting for neither, and a lot of people I know feel the same, too much uncertainty with Biden, not voting for Trump, I think a lot of people are missing the amount of people who simply won’t vote for either. Yes, that debate absolutely changed a lot of minds, it was somewhat terrifying and caused a lot of uncertainty with a lot of people. I am not a political expert, just a working class blue collar guy , so forgive my somewhat simple take.

You're terrified by Biden, but not by Trump.

Okeley, dokely, doo.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

That would solve a lot of problems with the added benefit of making the worst people in this country lose their ever-loving minds.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, 6th Street said:

There’d be the added benefit that Trump would hate getting beat by her more than anyone else in the world. She’s both a black woman AND an Obama! She’s extra nasty!