[DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's hard to come up with a worse example of "cheating in an election" than a sitting President trying to strong-arm states into falsifying their vote counts. I guess the whole fake electors thing would be up there too. 

• Like 1

It's hard to come up with a worse example of "cheating in an election" than a sitting President trying to strong-arm states into falsifying their vote counts. I guess the whole fake electors thing would be up there too. 

I’d say “exhorting a mob of terrorists to murder congressmen so that they won’t certify the election in favor of your opponent” is the absolute, rock-bottom worst…but nothing that nuts would ever happen here, right?
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’d say “exhorting a mob of terrorists to murder congressmen so that they won’t certify the election in favor of your opponent” is the absolute, rock-bottom worst…but nothing that nuts would ever happen here, right?

… and then sitting there watching it happen on tv and refusing to try to stop it. Certainly that person would be immediately thrown in jail, never to see the light of day again.

14 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Will said McLeaf also make me have a bowel movement that smells like Angela Lansbury ate 30 deviled eggs at ACL Music Festival and took a hot shit in a sleeping bag?  

Why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire? 

There is no video of him “wandering off’ but because Musk is a radical right wing conservative, that’s all you personally see on twitter. You are consciously choosing to ignore the entirety of the video and instead looking to focus on confirming your bias based on the other radical right wing accounts you see.

Here:

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

He could be sitting by a window yelling “My name is Bob!” and he’d still be 10x the president that Trump would be. 

And still have my vote. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, locodos said:

tinnitus?

or hepatitis?

I can think of few places on earth where you are more likely to contract both lock jaw and hepatitis.  

So yes, to both.  

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Was it not obvious that my post was meant to infer that it was a terrible take? 

Apologies. Thought you were making fun of Surly Bevo's effort to give context directly above your post, not animal tobacco dude.

Just now, Hawndoh said:

I thought it was directed toward Surly Bevo as well

Oh shit post timing - I thought it was an immediate reply. I went from the notification when he mentioned me. 

3 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

I want to believe this, but the fact that so many GOP politicians are enthusiastically falling in behind Trump makes me think they believe Trump will win.  Of course, maybe they are doing that because they think he has no chance of winning, thus they know their support doesn’t mean risking another Trump presidency, so they’re just keeping his base in their corner for the future.🤷

Why not both?  This is also why I think it’s unlikely anyone else but Trump can bring his basket of deplorables to the ‘28 election and hopefully it doesn’t take someone evoking Obama to re-assemble his coalition.

Of course, all that is national.  Texas will have effectively evolved into a quasi-authoritarian Christofascist state by then.  

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

I want to believe this, but the fact that so many GOP politicians are enthusiastically falling in behind Trump makes me think they believe Trump will win

They do that bc if they don’t, they won’t win re-election or raise money.  All it takes is Trump turning on them to sink them

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

Here I found it. And not posting it with any agenda and to get negged to Bolivia but because it’s something going around right now and just speaks to @immamacpoint that we have ancient human beings as our two options, and both that might not be all there upstairs:

No sound but it looks like he’s looking at /talking to the trooper gathering up his chute 

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

Maybe…

I do think Biden would be greatly served by the debates we were hearing about last month— he got a huge bump in confidence and appeal when he showed fire and wherewithal at the SOTU. Every few months he needs to remind folks he’s got some timbre in his voice and connecting thoughts to words quickly, because videos make him look like weekend at Bernie’s. And that’s not shade, the dude is old as can be, I hope I’m moving around half as good at that age… 

Is the “maybe” inferring there’s doubt over the fact, yes fact, that he broke off from the group to talk to the other parachutist? 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

There’s another video Fox was pushing as “Biden doesn’t even know where he is!”. He’s literally just standing there having a conversation with someone.

Starts at 3:51 if the time stamp thing doesn't work.

Just now, BeardIP said:

Hey there here I am. Sorry for all the confusion and/or consternation around this. I had literally just had it shared in a group text I am in and didn’t see any discussion of it here (good, bad or indifferent) so that was the initial reason for offering it up for discussion. I tried to keep an objective open mind, hence using the word “seemingly”, and it appears it was doctored and fake, etc.

So, sorry for posting it.

Against my better judgement, I’m going to take this as a serious post. If nothing else, I appreciated seeing the Fox News version that my FIL will inevitably bring up and then the real version that I can immediately shoot it down with. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

He could be sitting by a window yelling “My name is Bob!” and he’d still be 10x the president that Trump would be. 

Doing senile things is better than doing evil.

Edited by Superhero
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

They do that bc if they don’t, they won’t win re-election or raise money.  All it takes is Trump turning on them to sink them

Because of the battery-powered submarines?  

Now will the battery get crushed under the water pressure like that mini-craft that was down looking at the titanic?  Or was that setup ploy by the Sharks?  

Also, I was today years old when I learned you can get hepatitis in your ears.  

And that’s fair!
In know you’ll find this hard to believe, but I am the liberal weirdo in some groups.

I’m spot-on and you fucking know it.

You fucking have the unmitigated, hypocritical gall to say this:
“The word of God being a sword to fight against darkness in spiritual warfare just meaning that in the Bible is truth and knowledge that can be used to protect yourself against and there is hope and glory proclaimed (through the mystery of faith) that sin and death has been defeated.”
“Truth.” You fucking post that word as central to your theology. FFS, “Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor” is one of the Ten Commandments (there’s only fucking ten of them, but you can’t follow them) in the book you claim to be inerrant and to hold so dear. And what do you do?
You are trafficker and merchant of lies, intentionally, to cause harm. FFS, one of the nicknames of Satan, who you claim exists, is “The Prince of Lies.”
You are a piece of shit liar, another “Christian” who lives and breathes, with every fiber of his being, the exact OPPOSITE of what the faith purports to stand for.
You are, by exact and precise definition, an anti-Christ. Which makes you a perfect “American Christian” these days. Fuck you to the hell that I truly hope exists, even if it exists only for you.
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Bullshit. You didn’t keep an “objective open mind.” You willingly and purposefully passed on something that a millisecond’s worth of examination would have shown you was an absolute fucking LIE.
You are a liar, who trades in and tells lies. You are a piece of shit. You always have been, you always will be. Which lines up perfectly with your theology.

This is correct.  Either it was disingenuous or you are quite factually one of the dumbest most gullible motherfuckers on the planet.  That's ok though...there are a lot of you in that category.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to [DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.