[DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.

bolverk

3 hours ago, MrBig said:

Nate Silver is going off on the Democrats saying they’re lying about Biden’s health. Carl Bernstein is also saying it’s obvious Biden is declining and used the term ‘rigor mortis’ to describe him. 

From the very beginning the election was viewed as winnable by Biden because people believed the whiners would fall in line, its either Biden or Trump, but in creating the mythology that a plan B is available (namely their candidate) that it means that Biden would poll absolutely terribly until then, the debate moved no needles with indys but the Democract coup from whiners is where he is hemorrhaging support.

The whole thing primaries was supposed to solve was rolled back plan Bers now have the blood they were looking for 3 months too late, the Democratic party splintering apart before the convention.

Leading us with a plan B being a democrat civil war because they won't coalesce, people will complain about the plan B candidate as hard as they do for Biden and with the added time constraint that they are almost all of them unknowns to the public, would allow Trump to cruise to victory.

There are zero viable plan Bs that don't involve a time machine, and a neurotic democratic party is fumbling the ball.

I don't care if Biden is dead or in a coma, the country has survived a dead candidate, it can not survivie the revenge tour. This should be what democrats need to be pushing and blasting everywhere, instead ABC news is saying the supremce court ruling was fine, lets report on the debate from last week though.

Also for the record I do agree that Biden does not have the guts to do what is right I think, even if president for 4 more years he would be delaying the inevitable the molasses coup, but it is STILL too late for a plan B.

Cliff Notes: Joe Biden is unfit to be POTUS, but he has a 50/50 chance, and that's better than anybody else's chance at this point, so we're gonna roll with him and hope that we can have a vegetable POTUS instead of a fascist POTUS.

And all they had to do was start marketing Newsom, Buttigieg, or Booker last summer.  The polls wouldn't even be close.

This is all so fucking ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, MrBig said:

Nate Silver is going off on the Democrats saying they’re lying about Biden’s health. Carl Bernstein is also saying it’s obvious Biden is declining and used the term ‘rigor mortis’ to describe him. 

Now do trump. Oh wait, they’re all behind him, only dems undermine their own candidate at every turn.

“Biden’s Post Debate Appearances Raise Suspicions of Drug Use”

Byline: “Strong Competent Speeches Likely Explained By Cocaine”

Welcome to America.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, MrBig said:

Nate Silver is a dipshit but something about a broken clock…

Only Trump’s doctor, the venerable Dr. Ronnie Jackson, would say having the stress of being President 4 more years will turn out just fine for Biden.  

57 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Cliff Notes: Joe Biden is unfit to be POTUS, but he has a 50/50 chance, and that's better than anybody else's chance at this point, so we're gonna roll with him and hope that we can have a vegetable POTUS instead of a fascist POTUS.

And all they had to do was start marketing Newsom, Buttigieg, or Booker last summer.  The polls wouldn't even be close.

This is all so fucking ridiculous.

Who are they?

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Jake Tapper too.

It's so fucking bad that Donald Trump didn't dunk on him. I don't think some of you have been honest with yourselves. This was so bad, the worst most morally bankrupt person in the public eye decided to not fuck with it because it was clear that Biden is just a sad old man who's lost his fucking marbles. It's fucking bad. Jake tapper isn't a Republican anything. Joe Biden shouldn't be the fucking president for 4 more years. Maybe he can do 1 or 2 more, but that's it. The campaign shouldn't drop him like a rock, but I think pivoting to a clear transition and graceful exit for him post election would be best. It was too early for him to transition out last year, he was fine, but he's meh at best going into November and by this time next year I doubt he's just coasting on the meh line, he will degrade and when he does if they have a real vocalized plan and everyone gets on board to gracefully transition I think they can run that ticket. 

4 more years of Biden is ludicrous. No one in their right mind believes that's possible. The 70% of voters who are already decided don't matter. The 30% left matter a lot, and those people for better or worse aren't voting for a fucking corpse even against a dictator. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Biggest concern for me right now is the seemingly permanent move rightward for a lot of states we've seen last decade.  Ohio, Iowa, Florida: never coming back.  Biden will crater and some state(s) will end up voting R that we didn't really expect.  I'm concerned that gets locked in for the indefinite future for those states.

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Biggest concern for me right now is the seemingly permanent move rightward for a lot of states we've seen last decade.  Ohio, Iowa, Florida: never coming back.  Biden will crater and some state(s) will end up voting R that we didn't really expect.  I'm concerned that gets locked in for the indefinite future for those states.

All because we venerate an antiquated constitution.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

The next debate isn't until September. What's the best way to get it out there, before September, that what we all saw wasn't really what we saw? He can't be out there making a million public appearances. Because, you know, he's really old. 

"No really everyone, he just had a cold. What's that, he looked fine after the debate and fine the next morning? It was a very strange cold." 

They both don’t have a reason to debate anymore, not to mention debates today are pointless thanks to the intertubes and social media. 

However, I want to see polls after yesterday’s ruling. This is all that has been dominating social media. Nobody is even talking about the debates anymore. 

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

They both don’t have a reason to debate anymore, not to mention debates today are pointless thanks to the intertubes and social media. 

However, I want to see polls after yesterday’s ruling. This is all that has been dominating social media. Nobody is even talking about the debates anymore. 

That's what they mainstream media is for. They won't shut up about it.

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Someone posted yesterday. It's overwhelmingly not favorable for the vast majority of Americans. 90% disapproval from Democrats, 69% disapproval from independent and still 37% disapproval from Republicans. That's way way over the 50% total mark. 

6 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

the debate was the most consequential thing for the future of our country that has happened in years.

This…this last debate? No it wasn’t. People’s minds were already made up before that happened. 

The 2016 election, now that was the most consequential thing for the future of our country that has happened, well, ever. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

Neither of them have a reason to debate. 

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

They both don’t have a reason to debate anymore,

Biden has every reason to attempt a do over and show that the first debate was a fluke. A better showing in a second debate would help him immensely. That’s why Trump would never give Biden the chance. Trump has nothing to gain. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Biden has every reason to attempt a do over and show that the first debate was a fluke. A better showing in a second debate would help him immensely. That’s why Trump would never give Biden the chance. Trump has nothing to gain. 

No, he really doesn't. He needs to hope everyone forgets about the first one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Democrats are really bad at strategy.

Have you ever noticed that any time the Democrats have an obvious winning move, the Republicans and the media predictably intimidate the Democrats?

Example:

The winning strategy is to debate as Dark Brandon.

Republican Talking Heads: He better not be on PEDs! I'm sponsoring a law that presidents have to take drug tests!

Limp dick democrat "strategist": Joe, we can't use PEDs for the debate, and you should practice being completely sedate and mumble so that people don't even accuse you of using PEDs.

** One Debate Later ... **

Media Talking Heads: Wow Joe Biden sure lost that debate bigly!

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What's the best way to get it out there, before September, that what we all saw wasn't really what we saw?

DNC speech

Rallies or town halls

Whatever he has to do all summer pertaining to hurricanes hitting the states

At some point, he may need to do a prime time address of sorts for something 

Edited by Js1

I just think about all of the things the Democrats could have done, and didn’t do, ensure the current situation didn’t happen. 

They should have been pounding a message campaign for the last year+ about all of Trumps failures, misdeeds, convictions, etc. The list is so long I can’t even remember them all myself. Hammer it over and over and over. Just like the Republicans do on their topics, like immigration. They barely talk about all of his eff ups. 

They could have been grooming 1-2 really strong candidates publicly to take over for Biden. Everyone has known for 2-3 years that he’s too old. They could have been giving those 1-2 people some visibility to position them for the next election. Instead they worried too much about undercutting Biden’s authority. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Who are they?

The ones who are dangerously close to losing twice to the worst candidate in history.

This fiasco is on the entire party.  The Dems are right on all of the issues, but they're about as competent at campaining as Gregg Berhalter is at international soccer.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I just think about all of the things the Democrats could have done, and didn’t do, ensure the current situation didn’t happen. 

They should have been pounding a message campaign for the last year+ about all of Trumps failures, misdeeds, convictions, etc. The list is so long I can’t even remember them all myself. Hammer it over and over and over. Just like the Republicans do on their topics, like immigration. They barely talk about all of his eff ups. 

They could have been grooming 1-2 really strong candidates publicly to take over for Biden. Everyone has known for 2-3 years that he’s too old. They could have been giving those 1-2 people some visibility to position them for the next election. Instead they worried too much about undercutting Biden’s authority. 

If there’s one thing Dems do that make me ragey is they play too nicely. I love Michelle Obama but her “when they go low, we go high” comment is probably one of the worst things that could have been said. 

Someone tweeted yesterday that Dems are the ones saying “there’s no way a dog could ever play basketball!” Meanwhile, a dog is in the game doing a slam dunk right in front of everyone and we all see it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

The Dems play nice because when they don't they get called out for it by the media as Democrats have to be perfect to be acceptable to mainstream Americans. If Biden grabs for power, the pearl clutching increases because "see, see, he's doing what we told you Crooked Joe Biden would do". It's a can't win situation because Republicans are continually excused for being the worst people ever. Go back to any time Obama tried to do anything and the utter outrage it caused. Government healthcare...FOR SHAME! Never mind that old people love having government healthcare as a safety net. Our country couldn't even handle what little Obama did that Trump became a legitimate alternative for half the country. Maybe we're the real fucking problem and not what the Democratic machine puts up. But it's fine, we'll get the real course correction we need for four years. Hopefully, we'll live through it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, immamac said:

No, he really doesn't. He needs to hope everyone forgets about the first one. 

Wrong. His best chance to make everyone forget about the first one is to turn in a solid performance in a second one. That should be self-evident.

No one is going to forget the first one. Trump will flood the airways with reminders. 

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The Dems play nice because when they don't they get called out for it by the media as Democrats have to be perfect to be acceptable to mainstream Americans. If Biden grabs for power, the pearl clutching increases because "see, see, he's doing what we told you Crooked Joe Biden would do". It's a can't win situation because Republicans are continually excused for being the worst people ever. Go back to any time Obama tried to do anything and the utter outrage it caused. Government healthcare...FOR SHAME! Never mind that old people love having government healthcare as a safety net. Our country couldn't even handle what little Obama did that Trump became a legitimate alternative for half the country. Maybe we're the real fucking problem and not what the Democratic machine puts up. But it's fine, we'll get the real course correction we need for four years. Hopefully, we'll live through it. 

The court just gave the president the power to commit all the crimes he wants.... Not one person is worried about what Biden or the dems will do with it. 

They really, really need to get the message out that you simply cannot let a criminal back into the White House, when it's now legal for the president to commit crimes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I've been trying to find a way to articulate this and have not done as good a job as this, you're spot on, the problem is that Dems have to be perfect, including amongst their traditional voting bloc, while literally nothing matters to Republican voters, they will always just vote against the "libs."

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Wrong. His best chance to make everyone forget about the first one is to turn in a solid performance in a second one. That should be self-evident.

No one is going to forget the first one. Trump will flood the airways with reminders. 

You were always a moron, but holy shit you are really this stupid? 

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You reminded me of the Stern interview yesterday.  Other than that, all he does is teleprompters.  Never an interview with the NYT, LA Times, Washington Post.  No layup appearances on Good Morning America joking while they bring out the adorable golden retriever of the day.  No sit downs with Colbert or get his hair tousled by Jimmy Fallon.  All we have to think about is his "finally defeat medicare" performance.  So that is all that we have to go on.  You have to give us other content to think about. It is such an obvious problem with such an obvious solution, it makes it clear that he just physically can't do those things without them being a net negative.

im sick and tired of "democrats are bad at strategy" rants and Joe is too old rants. Fuck all of that. You think the republicans are good at strategy? WTF? they have lost every election since 2016. They have turned over their party and strategy to a con man who has the worst instincts in the world and loses over and over and over again. Accordingly, the republicans keep getting their asses handed to them over and over and over again by a Democratic party that y'all cant stop complaining about. I mean what the ever living fuck are y'all talking about?

Biden is too old? maybe. probably but even dead Joe is a superior candidate to the lying, stealing, joke of a con man that Trump is. When Trump and the republicans get their asses handed to them AGAIN in the Fall, will y'all please shut the fuck up about democrats being bad at everything? meanwhile, me and the democratic party are over here raising money, organizing get out the vote campaigns and all kinds of shit that I guess doesn't  count toward strategy but sure as shit wins elections.  

Edited by Longhorn94
  • Hook 'Em 4

The debates were always more of a risk to Biden than Trump. Biden always had the higher standard to achieve because his age is a bigger issue than if Trump is a piece of shit. It shouldn't be that way but it is. 

Biden needs to recognize his legacy is about to be like Ruth Bader Ginsberg's. She did a lot of great things but hung on too long and all the good she did was eliminated. Yeah that's unfair because no one counted on Republicans being massive pieces of shit and breaking traditions (BIG SHOCKER!). Biden may go down as the person who hung on too long and allowed the country to slip into authoritarianism because he was too prideful to step down. There is a way to handle this well but Joe has to make a decision quickly and then EVERYONE has to get behind his successor. If that's Kamala, so be it. Right now, a large portion of the middle is either going to vote for Trump because the alternative is a feeble old man who will not survive the next 4 years or will just stay home. Then it becomes a dangerous game of can present day Biden win enough votes in the states that matter more than someone like Kamala. Or it's just too late and we're fucked. I don't know, it's tiring. 

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This…this last debate? No it wasn’t. People’s minds were already made up before that happened. 

This is just wrong.  When Biden inevitably loses this election, this debate will forever be discussed as the turning point and every decision the inner circle of the party made in the 18 months leading up to it and after will be debated.   The debate convinced the vast majority of Biden voters that Biden is flat out unfit to be President for another term.  Full Stop.  The result will be a bunch of those in the category of "reluctant" Biden Voters or pure Anti-Trump voters to sit it out or vote 3rd party.  Because the reality is neither of these candidates have any business being President.  The competent American public recognizes what a ridiculous choice it is and the reality is many will just throw their hands in the air and say fuck it, wake me up in 4 years. 

The margins were slim to begin with but relying on the non R voting public to actually make an effort to vote on the basis that an essentially incapacitated Biden is still better than Trump is not a winning strategy.

• Hook 'Em 3