[DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.

bolverk

The chatter about replacing Joe with Kamala is comical. The woman was so lackluster in the 2020 primary there were 4 or 5 other candidates polling higher than her in her own state before she dropped out. The lessons of 2016 were never learned. These people still absolutely REFUSE to accept the reality that baboon donald's success is solely due to their own worthlessness. If he wins again they're going to push the same delusion on us as last time- it's not that we are shit and everyone hates us! It's Kennedy and Putin's fault!

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

guess y'all can stop with the what-ifs now

Then he better nail the next 3 things on his docket - the ABC interview and the 2 weekend campaign stops.

I actually think his debate flop means they'll be covered extensively by the media.  A low bar means he can clear it easily. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I just had a vision...

Biden resigns on the 4th of July and gives a tear-jerking, noble, and patriotic speech.

Kamala is inaugurated as President immediately after that, and she gives a powerful and inspirational speech.

Kamala challenges Trump to honor the other scheduled debate.  He backs down like the coward that he is.

Kamala is put in front of cameras 714 times over the next 4 months and pulls away in the polls, as Trump's thinly-veiled racist jabs work against him.

Kamala wins comfortably in Nov.

Trump is convicted in his other trials and sentenced to prison.

Internet Gravy Seals talk about busting Trump out, but otherwise don't do much.

Trump is shanked to death in the shower by a guy named Marquintus whose grandfather was denied housing by Trump in the 1970s.

I just had a vision of me winning the powerball. Telling the entire country to fuck off, and go buy an island somewhere. Mine has a better chance of coming true. 

• Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Then he better nail the next 3 things on his docket - the ABC interview and the 2 weekend campaign stops.

I actually think his debate flop means they'll be covered extensively by the media.  A low bar means he can clear it easily. 

I think the White House better have the movie Dave on a loop and go find their Kevin Kline.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tx ind said:

I think putting Newsome, Whitmer, or Pete up there would open undecided eyes to the fact that there are folks out there that are reasonable and not pieces of shit like Trump.  No one is a perfect candidate but any of the above would be respectful and rational enough to garner middle votes solely on the fact that they are reasonable people.

What country are you living in bro, because it ain’t the USA.

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

he's done very well post debate so far. Wafflehouse that night, NC campaign stop next day, rebuttal to SCOTUS, so there is a sliver of hope.  Grandpa Joe is a winning strategy, senile Granpa Joe not so much.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Lucid said:

The chatter about replacing Joe with Kamala is comical. The woman was so lackluster in the 2020 primary there were 4 or 5 other candidates polling higher than her in her own state before she dropped out. The lessons of 2016 were never learned. These people still absolutely REFUSE to accept the reality that baboon donald's success is solely due to their own worthlessness. If he wins again they're going to push the same delusion on us as last time- it's not that we are shit and everyone hates us! It's Kennedy and Putin's fault!

Pretty sure there is 100% overlap between people begging Joe to step down and people who begged him to replace Kamala as VP both last cycle and early this cycle. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, troph said:

he's done very well post debate so far. Wafflehouse that night, NC campaign stop next day, rebuttal to SCOTUS, so there is a sliver of hope.  Grandpa Joe is a winning strategy, senile Granpa Joe not so much.

If he orders a Big Mac at Waffle House, we're completely fucked.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Too late. Too much blood in the water. He may yet stay in this, but there’s no end to this story where Joe Biden serves a second term. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, South Austin said:

In that case, he might as well do it off the ass of a hooker and write it off as an expense on his tax return.  

WriteOff.gif.175d42d29bae3a3333a0404f7664c9ac.gif

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Too late. Too much blood in the water. He may yet stay in this, but there’s no end to this story where Joe Biden serves a second term. 

Holy Hyperbole Batman

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, troph said:

btw the idea that Trump is Biden's, Hillary's or the liberals fault is fucking laughable. It's the Christians and the monied Republicans fault.

I don’t disagree with you, but that’s like saying 30 years of progressively worse Texas GOP rule isn’t the Democrats fault. While true, it elides the fact that Texas Democrats squandered many chances to stop it through a combination of hubris, myopia, vanity and simple incompetence. I would say the same thing about the Clintons and about Biden, should Trump win a second term. 

• Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I just had a vision...

Biden resigns on the 4th of July and gives a tear-jerking, noble, and patriotic speech.

Kamala is inaugurated as President immediately after that, and she gives a powerful and inspirational speech.

Kamala challenges Trump to honor the other scheduled debate.  He backs down like the coward that he is.

Something like this has been making the social media rounds today except Harris challenges pedo trunp to a debate immediately and not the one in September  

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Holy Hyperbole Batman

LOL right? There's still 4 months left.  It's a fucking lifetime in politics

June/July 1980 (averages) - Reagan 35, Carter 35, Anderson 22 (actual: Reagan 51, Carter 41, Anderson 7)
June/July 1984 - Reagan 53, Mondale 41 (actual: Reagan 59, Mondale 41)
July 1988 - GHWB 39, Dukakis 51 (actual: Bush 53, Dukakis 46)
(skipped 1992 because Perot wasn't in July polling so it's all wonky)
July 1996 - Clinton 50, Dole 34, Perot 11 (actual: Clinton 49, Dole 40, Perot 8 )
July 2000 -  Bush 47.5, Gore 41, Nader 5 (actual: Bush 48, Gore 48, Nader 3)
July 2004 - Bush 47, Kerry 47 (actual: Bush 51, Kerry 48)
July 2008 - Obama 46.5, McCain 42.5 (actual: Obama 53, McCain 46)
July 2012 - Obama 46.5, Romney 45 (actual: Obama 51, Romney 47)
July 2016 - Trump 38, HRC 41, Johnson 8, Stein 4 (actual: Trump 46, HRC 48, Johnson 3, Stein 1)
July 2020 - Biden 50, Trump 41 (actual: Biden 51, Trump 47)
July 2024 (right now) - Trump 42, Biden 40, Kennedy 10

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Well, there's certainly no way that he ends a 2nd term. Which is a difficult thing to get people excited about voting for.

34 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Clearly not. The whole we’ve been lied to thing is crazy stuff. He’s old, we knew he’s old. He’s not fucking senile or about to die tomorrow 

Look at Biden’s face. Half of it seems paralyzed. It’s obvious he had a stroke or something major happen. He’s not senile, but he is clearly struggling to communicate in a non-scripted environment where everything is tightly controlled.

When is the last time Biden did a press conference where reporters asked questions instead of only having prepared statements? It’s damaging to the campaign credibility when they tell major donors immediately after the debate that “Biden was probably in better health than most of them” which is obviously a huge lie. He’s not the same guy and it’s a hard thing to see. 

Trump being a huge piece of shit worst candidate ever doesn’t negate the fact that Biden looks like he is going to stroke out at any second. This is going to make a lot of people stay home even though Trump becoming president again is literally the worst thing ever. That’s just the way it is. It’s off putting to think Biden has to campaign across the country and risk his health just to have a chance against a convicted felon lying sack of traitor shit. 

IMG_6191.thumb.jpeg.1b876258832b44a7ca6ccf28added8e9.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don’t know how you watch everything that’s happened in the last six days and come away thinking Biden can win a second term.

Would love to be wrong. More than just about anything. Would pay absurd sums of money to be wrong.

The idea that there’s no chance for him to win is not based in reality. It’s based on feelings

4 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Look at Biden’s face. Half of it seems paralyzed. It’s obvious he had a stroke or something major happen. He’s not senile, but he is clearly struggling to communicate in a non-scripted environment where everything is tightly controlled.

When is the last time Biden did a press conference where reporters asked questions instead of only having prepared statements? It’s damaging to the campaign credibility when they tell major donors immediately after the debate that “Biden was probably in better health than most of them” which is obviously a huge lie. He’s not the same guy and it’s a hard thing to see. 

Trump being a huge piece of shit worst candidate ever doesn’t negate the fact that Biden looks like he is going to stroke out at any second. This is going to make a lot of people stay home even though Trump becoming president again is literally the worst thing ever. That’s just the way it is. It’s off putting to think Biden has to campaign across the country and risk his health just to have a chance against a convicted felon lying sack of traitor shit. 

Fucking stupid. He has not had a stroke and his face isn’t paralyzed. Get ahold of yourself.

He’s done 500 press gaggles this year.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Look at Biden’s face. Half of it seems paralyzed. It’s obvious he had a stroke or something major happen.

Dude, I'm as worried about his debate performance as anyone, but no, it's not "obvious" anything major has happened. He - like millions of other people - has done that half smile smirk for decades, and he had plenty of full-face signature Biden grins the day after in Raleigh. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Lucid said:

Pretty old sock to be dusting off. How many do you actually have?

8 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Dude, I'm as worried about his debate performance as anyone, but no, it's not "obvious" anything major has happened. He - like millions of other people - has done that half smile smirk for decades, and he had plenty of full-face signature Biden grins the day after in Raleigh. 

Yeah, 2020 and 2012

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952g0syb58r42n2ohfhgn

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952i8rbsnpv2hpxpwhydad

LprNCz.gif

And 2012

tumblr_mbrau7H2FX1rg2rf7o1_500.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21242-1350010770-7.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, MrBig said:

That’s Botox. You can see that same expression on 20-year-old Insta hoes.

Edited by Sawbonz
*and probably filler
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LCHorn said:

I just don't see Harris accepting anything less than being the nominee. 

I like @softlynow now's suggestion--if Biden is going to withdraw, resign now.  The entire media will be talking Harris for the next month and it'll give her a good opportunity to shake off some of the negative perceptions of her if she's ready for it. 

You think Harris gets DJT elected because she throws a tantrum? What kind of drugs are you on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’m not saying Whitmer wouldn’t be a fine candidate. But it’s not a two horse race. There are plenty of capable possibilities. Newsom would be one too. So would Buttigieg but I don’t think he’d run. What about Warren? Or Booker? Whitmer probably ranks relatively low in terms of national name recognition. The point is that they’re all unproven candidates. There’s no sure thing. Joe Biden is the only candidate who’s proven he can beat Trump.

I see a lot of people suffering from what looks a little like backup QB syndrome where in their mind their preferred candidate is the obvious, logical choice and they seem to think it will be plug-n-play. Their candidate should get the nod and off we go. It’s not that simple. And we’ll be taking a risk with any of them. You even used the term “given the nod.” By whom? How many votes at the convention will it take before they settle on anyone? The superdelegates get involved starting with the second vote. Will they be the nod-givers? Anyone other than Harris and it’s going to be a big mess with weeks of infighting while the media focus on the chaos and ignore Trump’s insanity. Harris is the only candidate for whom the transition would go smoothly.

It’s not an opinion that Kamala Harris holds the highest office of any of the would-be contenders. It’s a fact. She’s literally next in line to the presidency. I’ll ignore Aqua’s Ron DeSantis comparison because it’s not worthy of consideration. Have you noticed the propensity for everyone suggesting other candidates to name white candidates? (Save for Michelle Obama but that’s not a realistic suggestion.) What happens if the sitting, capable VP who happens to be black gets passed over for a white candidate of lesser standing? How will black voters deal with that insult? Talk about taking them for granted. Jim Clyburn has already stated that if Joe drops out then he’ll endorse Kamala. Don’t overlook how problematic it will be if Harris gets the shaft.

If Harris does get passed over and we move to a brokered convention, I’d bet that Gavin Newsom would be the most likely nominee. He seems to be positioning himself. He was quick to show his support for Biden after the debate. He’s flying to DC today to “stand with Biden.” Seems to me he’d be in a good position to pick up the mantle if it comes to that.

Maybe Whitmer would be a good candidate to run as his VP.  😝

Being a member of the most loyal and pragmatic voting bloc in the Democratic Party, even I understand that if America refused to elect the most prepared and qualified white woman in 2016, there is nothing in today’s political climate that suggests we would elect any woman, black or white in 2024. Hell, we’re taking away women’s rights - not expanding them.

• Rage+1 2

Just now, Satchel said:

Being a member of the most loyal and pragmatic voting bloc in the Democratic Party, even I understand that if America refused to elect the most prepared and qualified white woman in 2016, there is nothing in today’s political climate that suggests we would elect any woman, black or white in 2024. Hell, we’re taking away women’s rights - not expanding them.

Except Obama.