[DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Frankly this is bullshit, and I’m tired of being gaslit into ignoring what I saw with my own eyes.

I will crawl over broken glass to vote for Joe, but it isn’t doomerism to point out that others aren’t gonna.

What did you see? Not being argumentative btw. 
What I saw was 10 mins of what the fuck is this guy trying to say. And it was concerning. After that I saw Joe Biden being old. And it was softer in tone than he has been.
I didn’t see a guy who was senile or didn’t have a grasp of what was going on. I didn’t see a guy who had no understanding of what the issues are. I also saw him go after Donald pretty effectively once he got off of talking point and started winging it.
Basically my point is a I saw an old guy, not a mentally incapacitated one. 
Not to be crass but I don’t really care if he’s old and dies in office so long as he’s alive long enough to win. Nothing before, during, or after the debate makes me think he’s on the verge of death.

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

“you people”

the one’s with eyes?

Biden walked out and looked like a corpse, with a whisper voice. he couldn’t put together a coherent thought most of the night. Don’t gaslight us. 

Why the fuck do you people think I am gaslighting you? Biden is too old to be president I have said it since 2020, the argument is that I think it is fucking irrelevant I vote for a coaching staff not a Deon Sanders. And even then I don't care I just want to win the election even if bobo the dog becomes president.

Tens of million won't and you made sure the ALL saw it, congrats. are giving free publicity to the clown that i also too old and who IS Deon.

Edited by linux
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

He is too old. He's not incompetent. He's not prone to damage the republic. He gives a shit.

The only question is which candidate is better for the country in the role of president. The choice between these two men is the easiest in any election ever. It's crazy.

Your first paragraph is exactly what I see.

6 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

“you people”

the one’s with eyes?

Biden walked out and looked like a corpse, with a whisper voice. he couldn’t put together a coherent thought most of the night. Don’t gaslight us. 

Thats just not accurate. He had a whisper voice, and said afterward he had a sore throat.

He had some meandering answers early but he had plenty of strong moments on issues. Hell they covered NATO like 3 separate times in the debate and Joe was excellent in all those exchanges.

32 minutes ago, linux said:

The polls immediately after were fine

No they weren’t. They were a little worse and needed to get a lot better. And they will get worse because people confirmed to each other what they saw because they saw it. The moon landing was real, Jan 6 was an insurrection, and Joe Biden seemed incapable of carrying out the office. That’s not a chattering class narrative or media conspiracy. 

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You've decide that we're down by 2 goals with two minutes left.  And you're arguing about the statistical analysis that shows that pulling the goalie is our only chance of winning.

We were and it is. Biden has been behind and this debate was one of his only chances to change the direction of the numbers and he pushed it the wrong way. Let’s do that statistical analysis.

51mm people watched the debate. Let’s say they follow the national polling average from before the debate. That’s 20 each for Biden and Trump, and about 11 are Kennedy/Undecided/other. 

Biden is won 6 battleground states-AZ, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pa, Nevada, & Georgia by a total of around 300k votes. 6% of the  population of those states is persuadable. If Joe Biden lost nothing and Donald Trump picked up only 100k votes total, just from the 11mm Kennedy/other, just in Arizona, Winsonsin, Nevada and Georgia, he wins. If he picks only 1%, it’s 300 electoral votes. 5 percent and it’s a landslide. That’s not a conspiracy of bedwetters. 
Biden is toast I didn’t just fall out of the coconut tree.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

People need to shut the fuck up the only miracle avenue is Biden quitting, its too late, the primaries was your shot that was the only chance to change horses, and fucking A he probably still wins them today. 

Volunteer, that is it that is your only move not whining and complaining. The minute there is an avenue (aka he fucking quits) is the minute you can even begin thinking of alternatives.

GOTV tell the people sob stories as how you knew he is senile, but Trump will kill us all so you are voting for Biden. That is it GOTV is our only shot.

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Democrats have always been terrible with messaging 

Donald Trump is convicted felon, rapist, racist, extreme narcissist, stupid, an idiotic braggart, habitual liar, ruined America's streak for peaceful transfers of power, weakens our allies and admires our enemies, has the worst fucking kids, oh and is an ugly orange stained loser with weird fucking hair. But the prevailing narrative for this election is Joe Biden is old. Now alot of that is because our corporate media oligarchs keep repeating that point to the public and treat Trump as if he was a legitimate candidate.

Rage inducing 

12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

What did you see? Not being argumentative btw. 
What I saw was 10 mins of what the fuck is this guy trying to say. And it was concerning. After that I saw Joe Biden being old. And it was softer in tone than he has been.

I’ve seen about 10 different iterations of this meme. From accounts that aren’t right leaning (pickleball, bourbon, soccer) and have never posted about politics before. The portrait of forgetful old man is now mainstream beyond libsoktiktok and Newsmax. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, linux said:

Well he is not quitting and there is nothing you can do about it, what are YOU going to be doing moving forward?

Nobody who watched that debate can credibly conclude that Biden is fit to run the country for four more years.  You, me, and most on this board understand that he is obviously immeasurably better than the alternative and will get our vote, but there are millions in this country who have been presented with the same information as us prior to last week and are undecided. Now that the debate has made a pro-Biden argument much harder, the election now relies on us over the next four months getting these same undecided voters to draw a conclusion about Trump that they have not yet concluded in his previous 78 years.  Good luck to us!

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’ve seen about 10 different iterations of this meme. From accounts that aren’t right leaning (pickleball, bourbon, soccer) and have never posted about politics before. The portrait of forgetful old man is now mainstream beyond libsoktiktok and Newsmax. 

Ok well that’s just incredible meme-ing. 
People are dumb, I get it, they remember clips. My point was more that over the 90 mins, Joe was not senile or incompetent. He just wasn’t. He was old as shit but it seems strange to say he’s not capable of running the country when he’s running the country. And very effectively.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Nobody who watched that debate can credibly conclude that Biden is fit to run the country for four more years.  You, me, and most on this board understand that he is obviously immeasurably better than the alternative and will get our vote, but there are millions in this country who have been presented with the same information as us prior to last week and are undecided. Now that the debate has made a pro-Biden argument much harder, the election now relies on us over the next four months getting these same undecided voters to draw a conclusion about Trump that they have not yet concluded in his previous 78 years.  Good luck to us!

Do you really want me to convince you that Biden is fit to run the country? it is really fucking easy, it is his team that runs the country, it has been that way for generations, do you honestly thinks he is micromanaging everything?

You want to know who ran the country based on him alone? Trump and it was a diaster.

Anybody that argues fit for president without assembling a great team IS NOT FIT TO BE PRESIDENT!

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, linux said:

Do you really want me to convince you that Biden is fit to run the country? it is really fucking easy, it is his team that runs the country, it has been that way for generations, do you honestly thinks he is micromanaging everything?

You want to know who ran the country based on him alone? Trump and it was a diaster.

Anybody that argues fit for president without assembling a great team IS NOT FIT TO BE PRESIDENT!

You don’t need to convince me of anything.  I’m voting for his corpse if it comes to it.  You need to convince the country currently giving him historically low approval numbers.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

You don’t need to convince me of anything.  I’m voting for his corpse if it comes to it.  You need to convince the country currently giving him historically low approval numbers.

Ok then we moved on to point #2, how can I convince you that Joe Biden whether competently or incopentently step aside is literally unchangeable.

What will you do then?

Can we all get promise here? that no matter if it is a fucking dog we will not do anything to sabotage the dem nominee? that even if he is 30 points behind we are all going to volunteer with our nose hung high? you know who that kills most of all? ME and I am still doing it.

Edited by linux
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, linux said:

Biden dies in 2025 who really fucking cares?

Dies in 2026 who really fucking cares?

I mean seriously I WISH Trump died of a heart attack if he reached office.

A competent team > incompetent man > dead president > traitor

That’s not the discussion though. We aren’t arguing Biden vs Trump. Everyone in this discussion is on the same team, it’s just a matter of what we think is the most effective way to win.

This is a football gameday thread at this point and I’m here for it.

• Hook 'Em 3

Biden just needs to come out and say.   “The American voters are heard no more, because of the corruption of the courts.   Former criminal presidents are not held to account, because of the corruption of the courts.   The rule of law no longer applies.  That’s why I give you, my successor, Barack Obama.  If you don’t like your term limits, you can keep them.  Just move somewhere else you facist pigs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He is too old. He's not incompetent. He's not prone to damage the republic. He gives a shit.

The only question is which candidate is better for the country in the role of president. The choice between these two men is the easiest in any election ever. It's crazy.

I think if every eligible voter was required to cast a vote Biden would win in historic fashion. Unfortunately that’s not the case. I was confident Biden would hold every state he won last time and maybe pick up a couple. Now I’m trying to convince myself he can hold enough to get to 270

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, troph said:

he's not an odious piece of shit or a pussy grabber to them. On the way to a trailhead near the continental divide, we drove through the town of Meredith, CO last weekend, population 25 maybe? Cletus was sitting outside his trailer with his dog and with no shirt on, eating something. He looked like the poster child (but an adult) for fetal alcohol syndrome. The place was a trash pile. I felt bad for his dog. The man was filthy dirty. Next door and set back a bit further was an older man. He had his shirt on, but he sat under a "covered porch" consisting of a tarp tied to the mobile home, this old man was sitting there doing nothing. Communities like these are dead, no hope, no opportunity and frankly there are less extreme examples of communities with no hope, but the number of white Americans living in poverty is shockingly high at 22 million according to my google search and when they hear someone say it's the illegals fault and that black president's fault, and the woke mob, and antifa, and America is horrible and I will make it great again for you Cletus and unnamed old guy sitting there, they eat that shit up.

Funny thing is, America was never great for Cletus and the old guy.

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Now I’m trying to convince myself he can hold enough to get to 270

If the election was held tomorrow, he would lose every swing state. States like New Mexico and Virginia would probably be toss-ups. 

So what's the solution? Get him out more? Yeah, before too long you'll see some stuff that looks just like the debate the other night. And obviously you can't just hide him. 

Honestly I think the one thing that could help him win the election is some kind of 9/11 type event. But we're probably past the point where something like that could bring people together. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Funny thing is, America was never great for Cletus and the old guy.

Cletus and the old guy didn’t care as long as it was better for them than the you-know-who’s. That’s why MLK was so dangerous. He was shining a light on poverty as a whole 

There will not be as many voters as 2020 in 2024. period. The states that want more access for people to vote are favorable to Dems. It’s a turnout game, and hate drives that more. And people have been hate voting, and becoming permanent voters for Dems against Dipshit Donald in every 2 year election cycle since 2016.

@YGIFSmakes a great distinction between Dems “participating” in voter suppression against Republicans this election instead of making it a permanent strategy. I’ve dropped all pretenses. Fuck them. Block em out.

This article is now 5 years older. And it’s not just Hispanics to care about.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06/20/texas-hispanic-population-pace-surpass-white-residents/

52 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Nobody who watched that debate can credibly conclude that Biden is fit to run the country for four more years.  

And nobody who watched the Trump administration and watched him suggest ingesting bleach can credibly conclude that he is fit to run the country for four more years.

It's a helluva fix we've gotten ourselves into, Ollie.

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

I don’t like Kamala. She’s a cop imo. But I think she’s the only real option if Joe were to step down. And that’s the problem. I would be much more confident in Joe winning than her. 

If we were talking about Dark Brandon I would agree. But he ain't walking through that door. Trump loses to a generic democrat, not a geriatric democrat. All Kamala has to do is be that generic democrat.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

If we were talking about Dark Brandon I would agree. But he ain't walking through that door. Trump loses to a generic democrat, not a geriatric democrat. All Kamala has to do is be that generic democrat.

Those aren't mutually exclusive and if "generic democrat" is the first priority, Biden is about as generic as it gets. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Correct.  A Harris/Kelly ticket, for example, would win.  

I'm not sure where the notion she can't win PA, MI, and WI came from.  Republicans have basically lost everything there since Dobbs.  Harris might also help with turnout in the cities.

Isn't Kelly going to be busy senatoring?

"You're going to need a crew as crazy as you.  Who you got in mind?"  Who would be the VP nominee?

I only care if Biden drops out in that I want to see Democrats' chances of winning the White House, Senate, and House maximized, because the Republican Party has openly broadcast its desire to establish a fascist dictatorship.

I have not seen a ton of evidence that Biden dropping would advance that cause; although polling coming out this week, as the media has negligently and relentlessly focused on Biden's debate performance above any and all other stories, has now maybe started to suggest that. Lots of polling has indicated that a majority of voters, including independents and even Democrats, want Biden to not run. That's great, but we all know when you start identifying alternatives as opposed to the idea of a generic replacement, support plummets. This is evidenced by other options polling essentially the same. So in that sense I am somewhat agnostic. If it becomes clear to me that Biden stepping aside meaningfully increases win probability then I'd be all for it, I'm just unconvinced that it does, even now.

Kamala Harris is in all likelihood the nominee if that happens. Base your takes about whether you think Biden should step down accordingly. She is logistically by far the smoothest option and was elected by the people of the United States of America to be the next (wo)man up if, God forbid, the need ever arose. There is no reasonable argument from within the Democratic Party other than "eh, I just don't like her;" which sets off a shit show of a contested convention that I have no doubt Democrats would find a way to bungle.

If Biden does step aside, Harris's candidacy is a political damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Obviously there are undecideds/independents willing to give Democrats a second look with a younger candidate. However, we saw a black president break a good chunk of white America's brains and we see similarly inspired posts in this very thread discussing her candidacy. I have a hard time thinking a black woman retains the support in the suburbs and among white seniors that Joe Biden has, nor is she likely to be significantly additive when it comes to black and latino men. Conversely, black women are an integral part of the Democratic base and passing over a black woman who is very literally heir to the throne is not going to go over well. I don't know how much she nets over Biden, if anything.

Gavin Newsom exudes rich, California limousine liberal. While I think he is very good in interviews, and is clearly a sharp guy, and has a decent policy record, that will be the message and it will stick with receipts like the French laundry debacle. He will be a non starter in middle America.

Gretchen Whitmer and Josh Shapiro at least bring the potential to shore up key states, but see the point above about passing over Harris and the reaction from black women in the base. Whitmer also has to deal with the burden of being a woman. Shapiro probably has the shortest list of negatives, but as just a two year Governor of PA, we don't know what we don't know in terms of vetting. And I frankly struggle to see the Democratic Party passing on a sitting VP for a two-year Governor.

Anyone else is small time and not worth considering. 

6 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

The biggest surprise for me in all this is how CNN has gone full retard .   No offense to retards.

It’s a disaster of a “news” network. It’s always been ratings driven but it’s a full fledged propaganda machine at this point. Which was basically their mission statement when the new guy took over.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 2