[DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.

bolverk

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Poor reactionary strategy. Only going to be setup for failure especially this close to election. If this was the strategy it should have been put in place well over a year ago

The best strategy IMO is one that is more likely to get the most people out to vote. Energy, enthusiasm and excitement is what's needed and what's currently missing.  There is zero sign that is going to improve going forward with Biden. All signs currently point to another setback.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah you posted that already. We get it, you don’t like her. Good thing you’re the second biggest idiot on this board behind our silver chain hero of the Valley

• Hook 'Em 2

Serious question, what does that mean? "What can be unburdened by what has been." It must make sense considering the frequency with which she uses it but I'm honestly at a lost.

My concerns with Kamala is he presidential campaign was a disaster and she's been ineffective in the VP slot even in the VP type things. Remember when she was put in charge of the border crisis?

THAT'S RACIST!

So Trump found ~20mm rarely/never voters to come out to support him in 2016 & 2020 because, according to many of this forum, we had previously elected a Black President?  I have that right?  That's what many of you said over and over again for 8 fucking years.  

I don't think, everything being equal, that she would be anyone's first choice. There is an enormous gulf in political skills between her and Whitmer, Newsom, Shapiro, Pete, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Serious question, what does that mean? "What can be unburdened by what has been." It must make sense considering the frequency with which she uses it but I'm honestly at a lost.

My concerns with Kamala is he presidential campaign was a disaster and she's been ineffective in the VP slot even in the VP type things. Remember when she was put in charge of the border crisis?

She didn't even visit the border for months. Highly ineffective 

spacer.png

Edited by 6th Street

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't think, everything being equal, that she would be anyone's first choice. There is an enormous gulf in political skills between her and Whitmer, Newsom, Shapiro, Pete, etc. 

of course not. But she’s already the #2, she’s been vetted nationally both in the 2020 primary and as VP and she’d inherit the boots on the ground infrastructure and war chest. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah you posted that already. We get it, you don’t like her. Good thing you’re the second biggest idiot on this board behind our silver chain hero of the Valley

Are you talking about me? 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No Democrat is dumber than Trump. Literally none. 

At least none of the ones that are the standard bearer of the party. Some real morons in the House but they aren’t even considered presidential material, unlike Trump, who commands the fealty of the entire party. 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

At least none of the ones that are the standard bearer of the party. Some real morons in the House but they aren’t even considered presidential material, unlike Trump, who commands the fealty of the entire party. 

Gonna need to hear someone suggest we inject disinfectant to fight a virus or assert that the sound of windmills causes cancer. Have any of them done that?

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

of course not. But she’s already the #2, she’s been vetted nationally both in the 2020 primary and as VP and she’d inherit the boots on the ground infrastructure and war chest. 

But that 2020 primary campaign was a disaster. Not sure how broad of vetting you mean but she was not an effective campaigner and it's not clear she would be now. I also dont like the idea of Biden or insiders anointing her. Have a process, let her prove herself in some kind of mini primary or have others present a more compelling option. There are risks with that process but I think Kamala is a known risk that's probably greater.

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Tom fitton hearing Biden will resign Monday.  

Resign or drop out?

35 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Serious question, what does that mean? "What can be unburdened by what has been."

I think it means something like a clean slate. Someone released from prison who has truly reformed "can be" a productive member of society with a job and a family, but he is "burdened by what has been" due to his criminal history.

As a nation we've got kind of a bad rap sheet and there are many unsettled scores, but if we could set all of that noise aside, we also have tremendous upside.

She probably read it or heard it somewhere and has been repeating it ever since, but I think that's the gist of what she's trying to convey, in thousands of contexts.

29 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

She didn't even visit the border for months. Highly ineffective 

spacer.png

Who are these pollsters?

25 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

So she has a catch phrase.  Big fucking deal.  I don’t like her but if this clip is the best attack on her, that’s fucking weak.

And yet people creamed their shorts over "when they go low, we go high". The short of dumb shit that has us in the current mess we're in. 

5 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

. I also dont like the idea of Biden or insiders anointing her.

Anoint? She’s the VP. She’s #2 in the White House, the campaign and the party. It’s literally her job to take over when Biden can’t. Especially this late in the game 

People just suddenly want a mini-primary because they’re worried she can’t win or won’t be competitive. Still waiting on that most perfectly perfect Dem who is going to suddenly seize the mantel and win by double digits 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I think this is the argument many see for having him step aside.  Why not take his big issue of age/competence away and put someone up with isn't too old, isn't incompetent and isn't prone to damage the republic. Someone who can also energize the base to get out and vote.  With Trump on the other side there should be no downside to do so.

Had Biden not been chosen 4 years ago, Trump would have been re-elected. The Dem debate stage was overflowing with candidates that I would happily vote for. (No, Tulsi, not you.) It was amazing then and it's amazing now that none of them would have won. Elizabeth Warren was my favored choice. She's superior to Trump in every way.

Since then, we've seen Jan. 6 and criminal trials, and Trump's numbers are undiminished. 

I guess I'm taking a lot of words to say I'm not sure who would energize the base to get out and vote. You're right about the absolute shit of a GOP nominee, but I don't know that Harris or whoever is going to get the remarkably undecided and lazy voters to the polls.

I hope you're right. I'd prefer some of the other Dems to Joe because of his age. I just don't want this panic stampede to lead to a disastrous decision. 

If Kamala were to be the candidate, I wonder if Joe should go all in and resign the presidency to boost her with whatever she could get out of encumbancy. 

You'll note that I make no predictions. I'm always wrong and bitterly disappointed. The re-election of W and the election of Trump I would have deemed impossible.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

If it’s her, her VP is definitely going to be a White man which it should be. NBC news is reporting Kamala’s allies are strategizing just in case Biden throws up the deuces. 

I'm actually not sure about this. Harris and Kelly would be strong, but Harris/Whitmer ticket would be electric. If there was ever a year to lean into women voting, this would be it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Kamala has the party by the balls and she knows it. Piss her off and black women stay home. Black women stay home, we get Trump no matter what.

It's gonna be Harris/TBD.

I don't like Mark Kelly because it leaves an AZ-Sen slot vulnerable. Otherwise he would be a great candidate. If Dems lose the Senate it increases the chances of a lame duck term and the risk of a Trumpist wave in 2026 and a Trumpist candidate in 2028.

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I don't like Mark Kelly because it leaves an AZ-Sen slot vulnerable.

Hobbs picks a replacement that serves until 2026. Actually not the worst choice because he’d be replaced by another Dem

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Hobbs picks a replacement that serves until 2026. Actually not the worst choice because he’d be replaced by another Dem

In that case, I love it.

Wait, I thought Kelly got his seat in 22. Why would it be up in 2026?

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Harris is even dumber than current state Biden and even at his zenith of health he was never very smart.

And both have 30 IQ points on Trump. 

And probably you

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Can we just get the media to report Trump sexually assaulted a child in the Epstein saga? I mean shouldn’t that be enough for whomever to win? 

Dems and the media - Biden is old he has to step down. Pubs and media - Silence on Trump. 

Jesus fucking Christ the double standard is shocking. 

• Rage+1 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

In that case, I love it.

Wait, I thought Kelly got his seat in 22. Why would it be up in 2026?

Interim appointments in AZ serve until the next scheduled general election and then there’s a special for the rest of his seat. Kelly ran in 2020 for the rest of McCain’s term and then ran in 2022 for the full term.   An interim would have to run in 2026 for the last 2 years and then 2028 for the full 6 years 

Edited by Js1

Just now, troph said:

Can we just get the media to report Trump sexually assaulted a child in the Epstein saga? I mean shouldn’t that be enough for whomever to win? 

Dems and the media - Biden is old he has to step down. Pubs and media - Silence on Trump. 

Jesus fucking Christ the double standard is shocking. 

It's old news. MSM is terrified of the story because the sourcing is weak. The new Epstein documents corroborate some of it but there's still "plausible" deniability for Team Trump.

Eventually the smarties will put some of the pieces together and tell the story in a new and convincing way, and that will get a few news cycles. If it's what I think it is, I love it (especially later in the summer).

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Interim appointments in AZ serve until the next scheduled general election and then there’s a special for the rest of his seat. Kelly ran in 2020 for the rest of McCain’s term and then ran in 2022 for the full term.   An interim would have to run in 2026 for the last 2 years and then 2028 for the full 6 years 

That makes sense. Hopefully by then AZ is even more blue.

13 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I'm actually not sure about this. Harris and Kelly would be strong, but Harris/Whitmer ticket would be electric. If there was ever a year to lean into women voting, this would be it.

Try grabbing us by the pussy motherfucker!!!

7 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

MSM is terrified of the story because the sourcing is weak

With what Fox et al do every day this just doesn’t hold water. Blast that shit on  every outlet 24/7

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Harris is even dumber than current state Biden and even at his zenith of health he was never very smart.

Nothing could give me more confidence in Kalama Harris than Pimphand calling her stupid.

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

And both have 30 IQ points on Trump. 

And probably you

LMFAO I get it you have your head so far up the establishments ass in order to maintain your allopathic medical license but lord haha use your fucking ears mate.

Just now, Sawbonz said:

With what Fox et al do every day this just doesn’t hold water. Blast that shit on  every outlet 24/7

They know Dems don't punch back. But if MSM swings and misses on Trump it will stoke their persecution narrative. I would rather this story not blow up until October.

Just now, Pimphand said:

LMFAO I get it you have your head so far up the establishments ass in order to maintain your allopathic medical license but lord haha use your fucking ears mate.

Oh shit “allopathic” is now derogatory. You are a fucking baboon

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Kelly is also a classic example of being way more fucking valuable in his Senate seat than he is as VP.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

False.

And if that were true you wouldn't be here 

Not at all false. 

I don’t know what point you’re trying to make and have lost interest. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

This is where I am.  I don't think she moves the needle in swing states.

I worry about her likability.  She comes across as a goofball, with the charisma of cancer.

Would she be better for the country than Trump?  1000%, but so would Biden, or a slab of granite.

But said slab of granite still needs to win an election against a cult.  I just don't see her motivating independents to show up in November.

Right now, the biggest hurdle isn't Trump, because nobody's stealing many of those votes, it's RFK Jr., who's voters are mostly protesting against the status quo candidates.  I think Kamala will be seen as a status quo candidate.  But hopefully I'm wrong.

The only person I can see being able to move the needle is Whitmer.