2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I will say that if he's deteriorated so much that those closest to him don't think he can finish the campaign, I do think he should both withdraw and resign as President so that Kamala can campaign as the incumbent taking up the reins. It really doesn't make much sense for him to withdraw from the race but still remain President. 

If they replace him they can use it as a "see, we aren't just about listening to one guy, it isn't only about one person" angle I guess.

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This isn't the fucking West Wing, man. Remember all the interparty drama in spring of 2020? All the sniping between Warren and Bernie supporters, all the conspiracy shit about the voting app in Iowa during the primaries? Even running against a monster like Trump, it actually takes serious work to cohere support around one candidate. Imagine all that drama multiplied by a hundred and compressed into a very short timeline with no summer or fall for everyone to get their shit sorted out and organize after a winner emerges. And if that winner isn't Harris, starting over from fucking scratch both in money and in campaign personnel.  

The Democratic party is fucking terrible at a lot of politics. But they generally know how to run a normal campaign. They need to make this as close to something they're used to doing as they can, because the Democratic party trying to figure out how to do politics in truly uncharted waters should fucking terrify you

Staying the course [bold letters] fucking terrifies me [/bold letters]. 

I think the Democrats tripping over their dicks 100 times en route to choosing a new candidate still gives them better odds than Joe Biden has right now. 

He needs to correct the course himself, and he simply can't. Full stop.

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

How. Trump. Behaves. Doesn't. Matter. 

I cannot believe people are still "but Trump!"-ing. His voters and undecideds don't care. 34 felony convictions didn't move the needle. Enough with what "should be". That time has passed. 

Trump is still Trump in the eyes of all voters. Biden has changed. Adapt or die. 

This.

How many times do I have to say there is no Peak Trump.  It's never going to happen.  He could shoot Biden during a debate, take a shit on stage, smear it all over himself, and fuck a goat and 45% of the voting public will vote for him. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Lobo hasn’t been around in a few days to remind us that all the racists who are already coming out for Trump will come out harder against Kamala. Despite the obvious bump in enthusiasm for younger voters and voters of color and the base who is pretty demoralized. 

AKA is ready to mobilize hard for POTUS/candidate Harris. 

I do question how much a bump in enthusiasm there actually would be. Young voters didn't love her in 2020 (see: "Kamala is a cop!" etc.) and I don't think for one second she'd get much positive media attention. CNN, WaPo, the Times, etc. won't want to coronate her, they'll still want Trump to win. I bet we'd suddenly see a lot more rosy coverage of Biden's economy and a lot of "does Kamala have the experience to keep steering the economy?" shit. 

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

If they replace him they can use it as a "see, we aren't just about listening to one guy, it isn't only about one person" angle I guess.

I think it’s already over but the shouting (on Biden’s part): everything suggests that if they have to go ugly they will to pressure him off the stage. Possibly just waiting for NATO to leave town. They will do whatever it takes to force him to step aside. Including and not limited to destroying his legacy. They are ready and waiting for whatever occurs tonite. Shit Clooney (via Obama) already said today who he feels the replacement should be and it ain’t Kamala.

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think it’s already over but the shouting (on Biden’s part): everything suggests that if they have to go ugly they will to pressure him off the stage. Possibly just waiting for NATO to leave town. They will do whatever it takes to force him to step aside. Including and not limited to destroying his legacy. They are ready and waiting for whatever occurs tonite. Shit Clooney (via Obama) already said today who he feels the replacement should be and it ain’t Kamala.

Who does Clooney want?

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Lobo hasn’t been around in a few days to remind us that all the racists who are already coming out for Trump will come out harder against Kamala. Despite the obvious bump in enthusiasm for younger voters and voters of color and the base who is pretty demoralized. 

AKA is ready to mobilize hard for POTUS/candidate Harris. 

A Kamala coalition of women, young voters, and voters of color would go a long way to revive the lukewarm base.

Add a conventional white male VP candidate a la Mark Kelly and it will help with Arizona, possibly the rust belt.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

They would be saving his legacy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Texas Flood said:

A Kamala coalition of women, young voters, and voters of color would go a long way to revive the lukewarm base.

Add a conventional white male VP candidate a la Mark Kelly and it will help with Arizona, possibly the rust belt.

You'd better be real fucking careful selecting a woman. When a man gets fired up he's passionate. When a woman does it she's moody. That's how it will be attacked.

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

only the dems could have "members of the campaign staff" anonymously sabotaging the very campaign they're supposed to be supporting

Self-preservation mode, if not already, is going to be in full effect very soon.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Staying the course [bold letters] fucking terrifies me [/bold letters]. 

I think the Democrats tripping over their dicks 100 times en route to choosing a new candidate still gives them better odds than Joe Biden has right now. 

He needs to correct the course himself, and he simply can't. Full stop.

It's hard for me to believe that Kamala won't just get Hillary'd is all.

Edited by Pam Cummings

13 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

This.

How many times do I have to say there is no Peak Trump.  It's never going to happen.  He could shoot Biden during a debate, take a shit on stage, smear it all over himself, and fuck a goat and 45% of the voting public will vote for him. 

"I know Trump shot Biden during a debate, shat on himself, and smeared it all over himself but Biden wants to forgive student loans!!!!!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Who does Clooney want?

Pritzker or Moore.

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

They would be saving his legacy. 

That depends on how long Biden keeps fighting. 

I have thought about this the last 72 hours especially in light of Clooney’s piece and possible approval from Obama. Obama has visit d the White House they said on NPR something like 130 times in the Biden presidency. Math ain’t my thing but that’s a lot. If anyone as able to see the decline in Biden it would be him. It’s not like he could go to the press and say Biden needs to step down now. He may have tried to influence him for several months to step aside. And was unsuccessful so he encouraged Biden to call for an early unprecedented debate knowing it would go poorly for Biden. So bc of the July 4th holiday the press started feeding off Biden while Dems kept saying what a wonderful man, public servant and President he’s been in the hopes he would step aside. This didn’t work so now the next phase of the attack on him. If he stands strong tonite the attacks will be brutal the gloves which had mostly been on will come off and they do not care if it destroys him. It all depends on Biden. 

all of this moo I don’t know shit absolutely it shit obviously. Watching as a concerned person citizen. 

The campaign needs something fresh and new. Harris brings that. She’ll bring the star power, the money, the social media from celebs, etc. That’s what helps drive young voters and people of color. 

RuPaul will do TikTok’s to get the RPDR crowd alive which is gays and women

She can campaign on being more young/youthful compared to trunp.

This election needs something fresh and new. That’s Harris.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Man, Kamala Harris doesn't bring "star power." 

There is entirely way too much open masturbation going on in here. I don't want to kink shame, but you people gotta keep some shit private. Harris might be a better candidate than Biden at this point, but to the extent she is it's going to be by maybe a couple of percentage points at most and it's still going to be a very close election. 

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I have thought about this the last 72 hours especially in light of Clooney’s piece and possible approval from Obama. Obama has visit d the White House they said on NPR something like 130 times in the Biden presidency. Math ain’t my thing but that’s a lot. If anyone as able to see the decline in Biden it would be him. It’s not like he could go to the press and say Biden needs to step down now. He may have tried to influence him for several months to step aside. And was unsuccessful so he encouraged Biden to call for an early unprecedented debate knowing it would go poorly for Biden. So bc of the July 4th holiday the press started feeding off Biden while Dems kept saying what a wonderful man, public servant and President he’s been in the hopes he would step aside. This didn’t work so now the next phase of the attack on him. If he stands strong tonite the attacks will be brutal the gloves which had mostly been on will come off and they do not care if it destroys him. It all depends on Biden. 

all of this moo I don’t know shit absolutely it shit obviously. Watching as a concerned person citizen. 

I don't know. It seems less and less likely that he drops out with every passing day.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Foosters said:

only the dems could have "members of the campaign staff" anonymously sabotaging the very campaign they're supposed to be supporting

It's like the time I slipped and fell in the mud, ruining the very pants I was about to return.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You'd better be real fucking careful selecting a woman. When a man gets fired up he's passionate. When a woman does it she's moody. That's how it will be attacked.

I don't disagree. It's a shame Kamala isn't an Ann Richards type who could weave levity with sternness, but alas.

Ultimately Trump being an existential threat would have to be the louder message over gender politics to voters. Easier now than 2016 since we've lived through a Trump presidency and Kamala doesn't have the Clinton baggage.

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I've got to think incredibly optimistically that the kinds of people who wouldn't vote for an "emotional" black woman as President are probably already a no for this 2024 Biden/Harris ticket, so they never had a shot at them anyway. But I should know better than to overestimate society.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Gloves are off. A new report (rumors of one) is that when he would meet with Cabinet officials staff would ask for bullet points ahead of time of what would be discussed in upcoming meetings and he would refer to cards addressing each bullet point. The gloves are off. They asked him politely to step aside. Maybe for months. He said no. They encouraged an early debate and it went poorly. They let the press beat him up for the better part of ten days. All the while talking him up as a person and a president asking him to think of his legacy. He told them to fuck off. Donors are freezing their donations. He told them to fuck off. There is no way this doesn’t go poorly tonite if he is as bad off as the newest round of reports that will hit the press if he doesn’t step aside in his presser tonite. 

IMG_1471.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

I've got to think incredibly optimistically that the kinds of people who wouldn't vote for an "emotional" black woman as President are probably already a no for this 2024 Biden/Harris ticket, so they never had a shot at them anyway. But I should know better than to overestimate society.

There are plenty of people who aren't "sexist" in a traditional sense that would fall for the "she's too emotional" angle. Plenty.

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Gloves are off. A new report (rumors of one) is that when he would meet with Cabinet officials staff would ask for bullet points ahead of time of what would be discussed in upcoming meetings and he would refer to cards addressing each bullet point. The gloves are off. They asked him politely to step aside. Maybe for months. He said no. They encouraged an early debate and it went poorly. They let the press beat him up for the better part of ten days. All the while talking him up as a person and a president asking him to think of his legacy. He told them to fuck off. Donors are freezing their donations. He told them to fuck off. There is no way this doesn’t go poorly tonite if he is as bad off as the newest round of reports that will hit the press if he doesn’t step aside in his presser tonite. 

IMG_1471.jpeg

Who are "they"?

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Man, Kamala Harris doesn't bring "star power." 

There is entirely way too much open masturbation going on in here. I don't want to kink shame, but you people gotta keep some shit private. Harris might be a better candidate than Biden at this point, but to the extent she is it's going to be by maybe a couple of percentage points at most and it's still going to be a very close election. 

It was always going to be a close election. It will remain that until Trump is dead in the ground. His sway over that party is unparalleled. 

It will come down to who reaches undecideds, the young, and woman better. That's easily Kamala over Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It was always going to be a close election. It will remain that until Trump is dead in the ground. His sway over that party is unparalleled. 

It will come down to who reaches undecideds, the young, and woman better. That's easily Kamala over Trump. 

Is it? I don’t fucking know. Undecided voters are weird fucking people, man.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

These polls are really bad news for people who want a different nominee.

Why? He won the national vote by almost 5 points in 2020.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, David Dennison said:

Who are "they"?

Good question. The Powers That Be. If “they” want you gone you are gone. Biden has said since the debate “they” want him out. He means I think the party elites. Big money donors. As a long suffering Longhorn fan we know all about BMDs. But when they want you gone at Texas your ass is gone. It does appear if they can’t get him to step aside by Monday they will have no problem using his staff or anyone else other than his family to destroy him. Up to and including 25th amendment. But fuck I have no idea. I just know there are bigger people than those named both here and abroad that are finished with the Biden campaign. What you see happening with rank and file is disbelief, grief, fear and disappointment with how this is being done and they can’t stop it. 

He can’t run this way. 

NYT: some advisers discussing HOW to convince Biden to step aside. He knows if he makes it to the convention he’s safe. You wouldn’t be able to get 3949 delegates to just not vote for him. They are going to nuke him for the greater good if he and Jill and whoever continue to fight. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Because it means he's probably not going to drop out of the race.

The internal and external pressure on him sure as shit isn't going to lessen because of a tied national poll. A tie is death.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3

Good question. The Powers That Be. If “they” want you gone you are gone. Biden has said since the debate “they” want him out. He means I think the party elites. Big money donors. As a long suffering Longhorn fan we know all about BMDs. But when they want you gone at Texas your ass is gone. It does appear if they can’t get him to step aside by Monday they will have no problem using his staff or anyone else other than his family to destroy him. Up to and including 25th amendment. But fuck I have no idea. I just know there are bigger people than those named both here and abroad that are finished with the Biden campaign. What you see happening with rank and file is disbelief, grief, fear and disappointment with how this is being done and they can’t stop it. 

He can’t run this way. 

NYT: some advisers discussing HOW to convince Biden to step aside. He knows if he makes it to the convention he’s safe. You wouldn’t be able to get 3949 delegates to just not vote for him. They are going to nuke him for the greater good if he and Jill and whoever continue to fight. 

I'm pretty impressed that the old guy is still in it. I don't think he's going anywhere. He's pissed.

22 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The right had 20 years to shit on Hillary before she even decided to run. Plus, Rush is dead (whoop!) and right wing media has been more interested in tonguing Trumps asshole that working oppo on potential 24 candidates. Sure there will be plenty of thinly veiled racism (DEI hire, etc) but they don't have the runway to really gin up hatred of her like they did Hillary. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

A tie in a national poll is pretty bad news really. Dems in a normal year always win the popular vote. Well the last 20 years.

Polls are going to have to get a lot worse than that to make an incumbent president give up.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'm pretty impressed that the old guy is still in it. I don't think he's going anywhere. He's pissed.

Remember how impressed you are with his stubbornness when you try to take away your dad's keys.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, David Dennison said:

And there lies the rub. It’s like him, Fetterman, the CHC and the CBC and his family and a few others vs the machine, the elites, possibly Obama, Clinton, BMDs. That won’t go well for him ultimately, it’s just very sad. A fight where the outcome has already been decided. How much he fights will determine how much damage they will inflict to get him to step aside. 

NYT is suggesting that the elites/they/TPTB insist on him taking a cognitive test very soon and have all the results released or “they” will not support him. And will go on the offensive against him. 

NYT is suggesting that the elites/they/TPTB insist on him taking a cognitive test very soon

The President of the United States had trouble completing coherent sentences two weeks ago and this hasn't happened yet?

• Hook 'Em 3