2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Why? He won the national vote by almost 5 points in 2020.

Far from the DOOOOOOOM about president Biden being down eleventy billion and having -30 approval ratings

51 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I’m just picturing comms staffers all over the Hill with pdf attachments to blast emails of their every press contact and a subject line of “FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE,” fingers poised over the “Send” button ready to fire at the first mental breakdown in this presser. 

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The President of the United States had trouble completing coherent sentences two weeks ago and this hasn't happened yet?

He said he was told he doesn’t need one. Isn’t going to take one. Every day is a cognitive test for him. His words. And those in his tiny inner circle fighting the results which may be really damning if they don’t already know how damning the results will be. Again pure speculation. On my part. This isn’t a fight he can win and they will make sure he doesn’t. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't know why Trump would debate anyone at this point.  He won.  Take your ball and go home.

It needs to be Kamala and she needs to be like Andy Kauffman to Jerry Lawler.  “I challenged Trump to a debate, but he won’t debate me.  I guess he’s scared of a black woman.  I figured he’d be man enough to show up and fight for his constituents, but I guess he’s not.  Anyway, since Trump is too scared to debate me, here are some recent quotes from him and my responses.  Finally, it’s an open offer, Donald.  If you can get Melania to release your balls from her purse, let’s do it.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

More positivity 

National polls don't mean shit. He's gonna easily win the popular vote. But we're stuck with the idiotic EC that allows a handful of states make the decision. 

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Man, Kamala Harris doesn't bring "star power." 

There is entirely way too much open masturbation going on in here. I don't want to kink shame, but you people gotta keep some shit private. Harris might be a better candidate than Biden at this point, but to the extent she is it's going to be by maybe a couple of percentage points at most and it's still going to be a very close election. 

Her herself star power? No, but that wasn’t the context. 

She will absolutely get that Hollywood $$$$ and buzz. Those are the folks on the toks and shit to reach the younger voters. 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

It needs to be Kamala and she needs to be like Andy Kauffman to Jerry Lawler.  “I challenged Trump to a debate, but he won’t debate me.  I guess he’s scared of a black woman.  I figured he’d be man enough to show up and fight for his constituents, but I guess he’s not.  Anyway, since Trump is too scared to debate me, here are some recent quotes from him and my responses.  Finally, it’s an open offer, Donald.  If you can get Melania to release your balls from her purse, let’s do it.”

One small caveat: I don’t think Melania gives a fuck. If Trump died. Oh well. If he loses. oh well. If he wins…she probably likes this the least of the three and would be hoping for him to step aside soon after winning. They had to drag her into the WH. Make her decorate for Christmas. We saw that inspiration. She has no interest in being in the WH whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Her herself star power? No, but that wasn’t the context. 

She will absolutely get that Hollywood $$$$ and buzz. Those are the folks on the toks and shit to reach the younger voters. 

I've even seen a lot of black Trump voters on tiktok. It's disturbing. I mean it's only probably 20% but still. 

Kamala would help.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

I've even seen a lot of black Trump voters on tiktok. It's disturbing. I mean it's only probably 20% but still. 

Kamala would help.

Those are out there for clicks like Diamond & Silk and that idiot Candace Owens.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Goredho said:

It needs to be Kamala and she needs to be like Andy Kauffman to Jerry Lawler.

In the spirit of wrestling analogies, I’m half expecting Trump’s RNC speech to be a version of Shawn Michaels’ “Old Yeller” promo on Ric Flair for his retirement match at Wrestlemania. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

Those are out there for clicks like Diamond & Silk and that idiot Candace Owens.

There's def some true believers, but man oh man, if I was a minority and had no moral compass, I would be milking these MAGAs for everything they've got while secretly donating money to Dems under a pseudo name/voting straight ticket blue. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

In the spirit of wrestling analogies, I’m half expecting Trump’s RNC speech to be a version of Shawn Michaels’ “Old Yeller” promo on Ric Flair for one of his retirement matches, at Wrestlemania. 

Fify 

Edited by safe sex
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, MrBig said:

The Trump post with Clooney is kind of funny. I’m not MAGA but I still have a sense of humor even though we are in some seriously deep shit.

The whole "blame Obama!" bit is giving MAGA and it's sad. I hope what was posted upthread about the anchor going on to state how dumb that is is accurate; though it probably wasn't worth reporting at all.

The Clooney video is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen a conservative produce online, maybe the only funny thing. That's pretty good.

4 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

He's an adult now and campaigning for his dad, so I don't feel shy about sharing any more:  There were pretty strong rumors that he has either learning disabilities or is neurodivergent in some fashion.  The private school he went to is known for quietly catering to special needs without being open about it, as opposed to the Lab School of Washington, which is the go to for rich parents with kids who need premier atypical learning/education. 

No idea about anything clinical but at the very least he has to be extremely socially maladjusted given his upbringing. Not his fault really, I pity him to a degree. Unlike his brothers, he's basically been drafted into this.

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

So let me understand: as of now Biden is not stepping down (but it’s fluid and the clock is ticking) he could announce he’s going to step aside or he may fight until the end. 

the Dems haven’t outright bludgeoned him to death they are just watching him crawl  around wounded while yelling encouraging comments about his accomplishments and legacy.

Obama may or may not have approved Clooney’s hit piece on Biden that the Biden campaign tried to stop from being published. 
Dems want him to drop out but they don’t seem in agreement about supporting Harris.

And if it’s Harris and not a blitz primary or open convention they may sit on their hands and watch the country and the world burn around them. And That many voters will feel betrayed by the entire fucking process and that whoever the candidate is may outright revolt. 

ok. 

And this is why I want a legit third party.

The Repubs will let Trump control everything no matter what so my small sliver of hope is he is only running for a full pardon and will step down a few months after possibly winning. So I guess watch the VP sweepstakes which is very fluid and may be none of the top three candidates. 

I fucking give up ladies and gents. 

Harris isn't the majority's first choice, but there's enough consensus around her as acceptable/logistically sensible that I think it would be relatively quick and smooth.

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

So a slice of Virginia basically sees a black candidate and nopes out to the GOP, reminding us that part of that state is still very much southern/Appalachian.

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Awesome, now Democrats are joining Republicans in blaming Obama for everything.  Joe Biden becoming more paranoid and insular is going to be great for everyone.

Biden and his inner circle have been channeling Trump honestly and it is sad. I do feel for him. It seems his judgment is probably still there but his stamina and ability to communicate is failing him. No shame in that at his age, in his job, in this world. But come on man, know when to walk away.

3 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Bidens sitting down for an interview with Lester Holt Monday right? Don't think Biden will step aside any time in the next week. Its clear he wants to stay in the race. 

Biden is 100% staying in unless the entire Democratic Party agrees to remove him from the ticket involuntarily. The winds seem to shift by the day on that but I have to say it feels unlikely there will be a consensus on taking that step while there is any time to actually do it.

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Well it’s been reported she isn’t going to DC if Trump wins again. 

Because she'll be deported.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There's def some true believers, but man oh man, if I was a minority and had no moral compass, I would be milking these MAGAs for everything they've got while secretly donating money to Dems under a pseudo name/voting straight ticket blue. 

I fail to see how that would be morally questionable tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

A lot of people are convinced this isn't true and that's now what the main question going into his NATO unscripted "big boy" press conference was. Instead of being able to go do a 10 minute presses every day because it's clearly beneath him and he's a very busy president we settle for an appearance weeks removed from one of the worst brain mush things we've ever seen. 

Yeah Joe Biden needs to have the best day since he turned 80 to convince us he's got any kind of juice left. 

Maybe I haven't paid this close attention over the years but I feel that this isn't a thing that's ever been done by any president in my life time. The WH press secretary usually has some sort of thing every single day, though. 

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Changing courses now would 100% guarantee a Trump victory.  Sticking with Biden probably improves that to 65% or so.  Don't be stupid and change.  It's a horrible strategy.

As others have said, hype the economy, trash Project 2025, hammer on 34 convictions + civil trial losses + Roe V Wade.  In short, act like people with spines.  

And mix in a few pinches of Epstein and you've got something!

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The gloves are off. It’s going to get much worse than this if he stays in. Much worse. 

I'm sorry but this is unacceptable.  There was obviously something going on, which explains this and his lack of contact with donors and other world leaders.  The inner circle knew that but propped him up to run anyway.  That's withholding key information which alone is justification for bouncing him.

Also, if people are legitimately worried about him not having a meltdown at one press conference today, then that answers the question.  The question then becomes should he resign from office and not just the campaign.

• Hook 'Em 8

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

I'm sorry but this is unacceptable.  There was obviously something going on, which explains this and his lack of contact with donors and other world leaders.  The inner circle knew that but propped him up to run anyway.  That's withholding key information which alone is justification for bouncing him.

Also, if people are legitimately worried about him not having a meltdown at one press conference today, then that answers the question.  The question then becomes should he resign from office and not just the campaign.

Which brings us back to, how do you bounce him?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This is where I am. Using a fucking press conference as some kind of litmus test for his fitness for office is insane. 

• Hook 'Em 5

21 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I fail to see how that would be morally questionable tbh.

I could do it as a gay, but I like getting laid and not by those gay MAGAs. 

• Haha 3

That Bulwark podcast interview with Ezra Klein someone posted upthread was pretty damning.  It doesn’t appear that anyone who isn’t inner circle believes he should stay in the race.

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

And now, when you put them together on the same stage, Joe's oldness far overshadows whatever the hell comes out of Trump's mouth.

People wanting to stick with Biden have forgotten the first rule of public speaking and first impressions. It’s 70% how you look, 20% how you say it, and 10% what you say. The fact that Trump babbles lies and nonsense is way less important than the fact that Joe looks and sounds too old to govern.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Obama going public bounces him.  The real question is whether he move Biden in private.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The delegates vote against him using the "good conscience" clause and rightfully so.

If this is true, he should be threatened with that.  Call his bluff.  He'll resign.

3 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

That Bulwark podcast interview with Ezra Klein someone posted upthread was pretty damning.  It doesn’t appear that anyone who isn’t inner circle believes he should stay in the race.

So, everyone except his crack head son thinks he should step down and he's listening to the crack head?

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

So, everyone except his crack head son thinks he should step down and he's listening to the crack head?

I don’t know why Hunter Biden would want him in the race.  He basically had his DOJ deal torpedo’d because the GOP couldn’t impeach his Dad.

I blame his small cadre of inner staff and elites like Schumer and Pelosi that aren’t willing to make more of a stand.  Of course, all of this could be for show and he’s already decided to pull out but wants it to happen at an advantageous time, like during the GOP convention.  You have to admit he getting 99% of the media attention at the moment.  

Biden is completely out of touch with reality.  Why would he keep letting Hunter into the White House or even to Camp David.  If you want his advice on how to proceed go home to Delaware.  Having Hunter around just plays into the hands of MAGA.  I doesn't matter if he is clean now or not.  This isn't hard to see.  It also isn't hard to see that his time is up.  Shit should have hit the fan the instant he decided to run again. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, MrBig said:

The Trump post with Clooney is kind of funny. I’m not MAGA but I still have a sense of humor even though we are in some seriously deep shit.

That was a great  movie and Vera Farmiga has a GREAT ASS. 

• Drool 2

20 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

So his inner circle has been described as largely family. Did the circle ️ think if it is TRULY that fucking bad with Biden’s decline that they could prop him up until the inauguration? Or now just through November? Are they really that fucking stupid that they thought it would work? Or is he just defiant and they are going along with him? Like I don’t understand.

He could have stepped fucking down last year. He didn’t need to run again, a healthy robust primary would have benefited the country and the party. If this solely about foreign policy? Or his legacy? He’s about to take a wrecking ball to it. 

you don’t think the powers that be have even worse stuff on him from the last year and a half they are prepared to use against him and his family? If he digs in further? The inner circle ️ have been putting out bullshit since last year.

Right now it really feels like Rogue One: Democrats. To get to Star Wars: A New Hope they have to detonate Biden and his inner circle. It would be helpful if his inner circle would stop this. But we don’t know how defiant they are. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

One small caveat: I don’t think Melania gives a fuck. If Trump died. Oh well. If he loses. oh well. If he wins…she probably likes this the least of the three and would be hoping for him to step aside soon after winning. They had to drag her into the WH. Make her decorate for Christmas. We saw that inspiration. She has no interest in being in the WH whatsoever. 

It's not about appealing to Melania.  It's about leveraging Trump's misogyny to get him to do what you want.  Put him in a situation where he has to debate or look weak and unmasculine, he'll debate.

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Do we think “undecided” voters really exist in an election like this?

Yes man, there's literally millions of them. Plenty of them are dumb as hell, others aren't even dumb but just hate politics so don't pay much attention and think something like "everyone sucks but somewhat responsible adults are always going to be in charge." And they decide who to vote for largely based on vibes and one or two pretty dumb reasons. 

You people want to help save American democracy? Go out to a fuckin Buffalo Wild Wings or whatever once a week from now until the election. Sit at the bar and start talking sports with random strangers around you, and once you're talking with them about sports ask "hey, can you believe the Republicans want to eliminate football on Sundays? Isn't that fuckin nuts?" 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I’m sure there are plenty of clips of her on the stump being more focused and prosecuting the case against Trump, but this clip from today captures the Kamala problem in a nutshell. She just sounds like a new age self help guru when she goes on these riffs. 

BTW, lots of chatter that Vance is the VP pick for Trump.