[DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.

bolverk

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Exactly he needs to talk about stuff that isn't policy and is just random shit an 80 year old in charge of the most powerful country on earth would talk about. You know, his favorite ice cream and all the funny Instagram reels he saw that day.

Two scoops. That's what I like about these ice cream parlors, the two scoops. And what's the deal with hard candies..

BBF9D7D2-BDB6-4486-98CC-C94755C5B941.thumb.jpeg.c8b4b1498b0eade2ecf3ffcb49c8c520.jpeg

I know we have talked about the disconnect, but I just don't see this happening in November:

Cook Political Senate Polls (with their Prez toplines from last week in parenthesis)

• AZ: Gallego +5 (Trump +1)
  • MI: Slotkin +2 (Trump +2)
  • NV: Rosen +7 (Trump +9)
  • PA: Casey +8 (Trump +3)
  • WI: Baldwin +12 (TIED)
  • GA: generic ballot R+4 (Trump +3)
  • NC: generic ballot R+1 (Trump +7)

Make It Happen Makes Sense GIF by WE tv

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

So basically do Beard’s fireside chats about except he’s drunk on Jack and cokes and doing it live from a WaWa in Pittsburgh

(which to be honest, Beard probably did that during his time here and we just don’t know about it.

I mean look how good it did for Beard. This kind of shit works. It makes people relatable, it makes people connect. 

Right now Biden rules from the White House (an ivory tower of sorts) and has everyone do the talking for him (because this is their job). The problem is Trump is a direct to consumer type guy and that's what he's up against.

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I know we have talked about the disconnect, but I just don't see this happening in November:

Cook Political Senate Polls (with their Prez toplines from last week in parenthesis)

Those polls make perfect sense for people dumb enough to answer phone calls from unknown callers and then proceed to spend 10-15 minutes giving them information.

Edited by atomheartbevo

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

The amount of people warped by the media in this country is astonishing. 

Expanded fucking NATO (This alone puts him All-Time, fuck)

Infrastructure Bill

CHIPS Act

Capped Insulin at $35/month

Highest Appointment of Federal Judges since Reagan

Lowest unemployment streak in 50 years 

Marriage Equality Law

Reclassifying Marijuana

Student Debt Relief

Inflation down from 8% to below 3%

This list is not complete but it blows many Presidents out of the water. 

The only reason people are not "feeling it" because Outrage Media is 24/7 and housing is expensive thanks to lack of supply. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/taxes/irs-announces-direct-file-permanent-free-tax-filing-option-starting-ye-rcna154715

BUT HE DOES NOTHING FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

40 minutes ago, Js1 said:

In a release, the IRS, along with the U.S. Treasury Department, said its Direct File pilot program, which rolled out on a limited basis earlier this year, saw 140,000 taxpayers claim more than $90 million in refunds and save an estimated $5.6 million in filing costs.

$40/taxpayer. Two yuppie food stamps. Nice.

also, "he's buying votes!" yeah motherfucker, he is

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Biden: You can't write "rapist and convicted felon" as a prefix to his name without committing libel

Way too advanced for most Republican voters 

Edited by Biff Tannen

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

I stepped away from this thread because I get too anxious. But I’m back! Anyway, you really can’t make sense of this? It aligns exactly with Biden’s poor job approval numbers. Is it so hard to understand that people don’t like him, but they also really don’t like the GQP. Hence, they will vote for a democratic senator thinking that at least a democratic senate will keep him in check (lol). Now, maybe when they’re in that booth they’ll go ahead and press the Biden button, but that’s still up in the air. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I stepped away from this thread because I get too anxious. But I’m back! Anyway, you really can’t make sense of this? It aligns exactly with Biden’s poor job approval numbers. Is it so hard to understand that people don’t like him, but they also really don’t like the GQP. Hence, they will vote for a democratic senator thinking that at least a democratic senate will keep him in check (lol). Now, maybe when they’re in that booth they’ll go ahead and press the Biden button, but that’s still up in the air. 

Stop with the bitch assness 

• Hook 'Em 1

Those polls make perfect sense for people dumb enough to answer phone calls from unknown callers and then proceed to spend 10-15 minutes giving them information.
You just described half the population of this country
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/29/2024 at 12:45 PM, Snake Diggity said:

Georgia is very easy to see going back to Trump, and I consider that likely.  There is too much smoke that black voters are not as energized for Biden this round, and that is what carried him in GA.  That gets Trump to 251.  PA gets Trump over the line but it’s hard to see that happening and hard to see Michigan going for Trump either.  To me, Trump’s path is to win GA and then get Wisconsin and Arizona close enough to have the Supreme Court decide for him.  It’s pretty unlikely.  But not impossible.  I would say it’s more likely Biden wins 2020 plus NC than it is Trump gets to 270.

It’s actually impossible. 

I really like this “anything I don’t like is fake” shit he introduced into certain segments of our population. The evidence against him was overwhelming. But it made Brian sad, so it’s “fake”.

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

CTE and Guilty live together in perfect harmony 
Side by side on my X app , oh crap, why don't we? 

We all know that deplorables are the same wherever you go 
There is  brood and bad in ev'ryone
We learn to live, when we learn to give 
Each other what we need to survive, but he’s alive

Side by side on my X app , oh crap, why don't we?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Another example of impeccable judgment from the genius who tried to pick a fight with Bas Rutten.

But he was smart enough to dump his first wife, got to bang Jenny McCarthy, and upgraded to a much hotter model... a model.

Larry David Reaction GIF

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

This hit me from a post on the Boebert board

22 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

She'll be out of a job soon, trailing her primary opponent by 14 points in a primary with 6 candidates.  I think all her trips to NYC were to try and get a cabinet appointment.   

https://www.coloradopolitics.com/elections/2024/internal-poll-shows-mccorkle-leads-boebert/article_4fd34bbc-1d03-11ef-aa9d-bb703058a29b.html

Somewhere in the article it mentions that in 2020 that Colorado district went for Trump by over 18% - but in the recent poll Trump was 10% ahead of Biden.  10% is still an ass kicking, but losing 8% of your support may be this small nugget in there that is telling us something. 

On 5/30/2024 at 1:35 PM, Neonmoon said:

Infrastructure Bill

CHIPS Act

Marriage Equality Law

Reclassifying Marijuana

Student Debt Relief

The only reason people are not "feeling it" because Outrage Media is 24/7 and housing is expensive thanks to lack of supply. 

@Smax Any response?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/30/2024 at 2:33 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I’ve been asked to participate dozens of times…

aint nobody got time for that GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Kind of shocked Fox News is letting someone talk about Trump this way on the air ….

Only when you see trump’s behavior as unacceptable. The people watching this on the reg see Biden doing those things as reason not to vote for him. 

On 5/30/2024 at 12:35 PM, Neonmoon said:

Infrastructure Bill

CHIPS Act

Marriage Equality Law

Reclassifying Marijuana

Student Debt Relief

All the while dealing with the lowest performing Congress ever...Democrats being paid by Republican billionaires to stall...leading into House MAGA blocking everything including their own speakers

[mention=1038]Smax[/mention] Any response?
Up thread

Obviously, I'm voting for him, but IMO, he's still one of the most mediocre Dem president's in recent history. I will say it's not entirely his fault as he is in an extremely difficult position, so just manning the boat, making sure it stays afloat will suffice but he's lacked leadership but thay seems to be the Dems trademark as of late

2 hours ago, troph said:

Focusing on all these democracy issues WHEN WILL THEY FOCUS ON KITCHEN TABLE ISSUES !!?

It's not a sexy topic but there's got to be a message in there somewhere.  Lower taxes, more pro-business regulatory environments, and judicial appointments throughout history don't mean all that much when you've living under a guy who literally told you he's going to be your Dictator.  Even Stalin had the decency to be like, "The judiciary?  I dunno, whatever they think is best.  But I am going to murder millions of marginalized people."  

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Clinton has always been my favorite President, but Biden is nip and tuck with him now in my opinion.  As much as I like Obama, he's a distant third compared to Clinton and Biden.

We're in year 12 of Obama/Biden/Harris. Zero major scandals, outside of the real nasty stuff like tan suits and ice cream. 

Trump tried to stop the counting of votes during an election and that's so far down the list I had completely forgotten about it until the other day. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Smax said:

Up thread

Obviously, I'm voting for him, but IMO, he's still one of the most mediocre Dem president's in recent history. I will say it's not entirely his fault as he is in an extremely difficult position, so just manning the boat, making sure it stays afloat will suffice but he's lacked leadership but thay seems to be the Dems trademark as of late

Which president in your opinion was a good president, either party, and why? 

31 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Which president in your opinion was a good president, either party, and why? 

Teddy Roosevelt.  BDE

Edith Wilson - she allowed the various cabinet members a lot more leeway in running things and didn’t micromanage.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Up thread

Even the 1990s rabid Clinton haters cannot be compared to the modern MAGA opposition Biden has to contend with.  No other Democratic president had the type of bat-shit crazy opposition that Biden has had to work through.   As horrible as the Republican party was to Obama, they were not the near perfect society of crazy people that they are today. Complaining about a tan suit or mustard has to be compared with today’s GOP wanting to jail women for possessing an abortion pill - or demanding the imprisonment of anyone who disagrees with Trump.   The former is annoying, and somehow laughable.  The latter is terrifying.   Uncle Joe has to work with the second group.  Accomplishing what he has so far in the face of that opposition is a damn miracle.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

47 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Millard Fillmore.

I was really hoping for a prequal of Abraham LIncoln Vampire Hunter to be MIllard Fillmore Goblin Destroyer.  

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to [DOOM THREAD] 2024 Presidential Election Thread - Oh. My. God. We may be fucked.