The 2024 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Fawesome

so we’ve been playing this thing since late march, and here’s what i have to show for it:

•probably the the best team i’ve ever had 

•led the league in wins

•led the league 5/6 offensive categories, was second in the other category 😱 

•didn’t win my division 

•didn’t get a first round bye

•season ending with my offense laying an egg and my team getting its ass kicked in the quarterfinals 

fucking baseball

Edited by Derka
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Derka said:

so we’ve been playing this thing since late march, and here’s what i have to show for it:

•probably the the best team i’ve ever had 

•led the league in wins

•led the league 5/6 offensive categories, was second in the other category 😱 

•didn’t win my division 

•didn’t get a first round bye

•season ending with my offense laying an egg and my team getting its ass kicked in the quarterfinals 

fucking baseball

How can you not be romantic about baseball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My strategy is a total tightrope. But after multiple years of a single starting pitcher taking a flamethrower to my pitching stats at the most inopportune times, I decided to punt them altogether. Not just because I thought it was possible to win without competing in multiple stats, but also for my sanity over the past six months. We'll see how it turns out.

• Like 1

in case the reasons aren’t obvious: my quarterfinal matchup would have gone drastically differently had it been two weeks. the longer the matchup, the more it favors the better team. again, this year i had the best offense in the history of the league. in a two week matchup i probably win 5-6 offensive categories 70%-80% of the time. instead i had a one week playoff and got crushed on offense because three games is less than eight or nine. the finals should be two weeks.

18 hours ago, Derka said:

in case the reasons aren’t obvious: my quarterfinal matchup would have gone drastically differently had it been two weeks. the longer the matchup, the more it favors the better team. again, this year i had the best offense in the history of the league. in a two week matchup i probably win 5-6 offensive categories 70%-80% of the time. instead i had a one week playoff and got crushed on offense because three games is less than eight or nine. the finals should be two weeks.

way to make it not all about you.

when i win i will dedicate my cup to all the offenses that were labeled "not good enough as derka's". because we're doing this for them.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

way to make it not all about you.

when i win i will dedicate my cup to all the offenses that were labeled "not good enough as derka's". because we're doing this for them.

that’ll teach me to go to bat for you. go castalon!!!