Ann Arbor / Detroit (Y'all are coming for the UT-UM game, right?)

choripan

15 hours ago, ballrific said:

what’s the to go cup program? can I use my own to go cup and just pour a beer in it? Most people I’ve talked to in AA said cops don’t really enforce open container on cans if you have a coozie and don’t act like a jackass. if that’s an inaccurate, let us know.

I waited too long to grab a tailgate ticket, are there any bars near the stadium that you’d recommend that has good beer options and we can leave with said beer?

Jesus dude, find a new meeting. That sounds like a sex addict being counseled by prostitutes.

• Haha 4

On 8/22/2024 at 12:49 PM, hornbri said:

Awesome, that is where I made a reservation on Friday. It was between that and Oak and Reel which online also looked good.

I booked the chef's counter for Friday night at 8:00.  Maybe I'll see you or @closetojumping there.

Also noticed the MGM's parking garage is free, but can be a shit show to get out at peak times.  I'm torn between Uber and a cheap car rental to get to AA.  Not finding shit for details (route/fare/location) on shuttles from downtown.

Edited by Gravy Train

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

We’re going to Le Supreme in Detroit on Sunday night. Kind of looks like it might be a better brunch place. Anyone ever been? There was a $400/ticket price difference between Sunday and Monday, so we have an extra day to screw around. 

Yes. Very good, classic French. More authentic than elegant interior. 

Flew into Grand Rapids and stopped at founders while waiting for my buddy’s lost checked back. We then went to a place called black napkin for burgers - very good start to the weekend. Followed up getting our house in Ann Arbor ready.

IMG_7622.jpeg

IMG_7624.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Zingerman’s, imo.

IMG_7245.jpeg

ESPN’s crew did a “Beat of _____” college season preview in August and ZINGERMAN’S was named Best Sandwich Place for ordering for the bus ride or something.

Really wanted to check it out, but I was only driving in the area when I was the designated driver trying to get some tipsy to absolutely wasted guys back to the lake house we rented for the weekend.

Damn that looks good!

image.gif

On 8/10/2024 at 5:43 AM, choripan said:

Pinball Pete's - Classic arcade and, if you're with a kid, a must-visit. Really, they don't make them like this anymore and Pete's won't be around much longer because the City Planning Commission just approved the demo of this block for a high-rise.

IMG_7158.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2024 at 11:00 PM, closetojumping said:

I used “muledick” tonight at Selden Standard and met @Reynolds Woodcock and @Rusty Shackelford as my wife and I departed. Great rec as a restaurant and enjoyed it plenty. 

Didn't make my Friday night reservation at Selden Standard because our United flight from Austin to Chicago got mxed (Joe Cook and Will Gallagher were on that flight). They ended up arriving at ORD 8 hours late and drove to Detroit. We took a SWA flight connecting in Baltimore to get there late Friday night.