Not new, not classic, semi-old shitbox car thread

blacklab

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, USCATX said:

I love a good shitbox convo.  What about an S2000?  You could probably get a driver grade higher mileage one for mid teens and that transmission is about the sweetest shifting piece on god’s green earth.  Nothing ever broke on the one I had and consumables like brakes and tires are very inexpensive. 

You could also get a 2.0 manual trans Cadillac ATS in the mid teens.  I’ve only driven a V but it’s a very competent chassis if a little boring on the motor.  

If you’re city parking it then I’d avoid anything that you see in street takeover vids.  The G35/37 is the king in those other than Chargers and Challengers.  

For a shitbox car, the 2.0T is not at all boring.  Certainly not compared to the other shitbox cars we're talking about. 275HP/295Tq.  However, I am skeptical of the long-term, high-mileage reliability of the engine.  Not so much because it's GM, but because I am skeptical of all of the current series of 2.0T.  They are pretty over-engineered to get away from the no-torque and low output except at redline of say the spicier Honda four-bangers.

Edited by TwiceHorn

On 9/14/2024 at 11:00 PM, SurlyGator said:

This is essentially exactly what I did, and I got bit in the ass on one detail.  2018 RDX Advance, 42,xxx miles.  The online details put out by the dealership said it had Apple CarPlay, which was one of the must haves in my mind.  I didn't discover until driving off the lot that Acura RDX's started getting Apple CarPlay in 2019.  I have complained to the dealership, but I'm not holding my breath on that resulting in anything.  A local car stereo place said they can install a kit that will give me everything for $1,400 installed.  Looks like I will be living without Apple CarPlay.  I am not gruntled.

Did you ever get this resolved? My girlfriend has a 2018 MDX and it's got wired carplay. Did you try pluging in a usb cable?